+ Reply to Thread
Page 496 of 893 FirstFirst ... 396 446 486 494 495 496 497 498 506 546 596 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,920 of 17857

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    Okay wait, I thought Trump was against anything LGBT, did I miss something along the way?
    Drumpf himself is stupid back and forth about LGBT issues, he changes his mind every other minute based on what he thinks his base wants to hear. Seriously, and people call Hillary a Flip Flopper.

The only thing he's been consistent on when it comes to LGBT rights is on his Supreme Court Nominees whom he says he will be basing off of a list given to him by an Anti-LGBT hate group. It means his actual stance on LGBT folks doesn't matter too much as the assholes the "Heritage Foundation" Pick will be terrible either way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    Also, I know this is a serious concern and how screwed up it is that this shit happens to transgendered people. I wasn't lying or trying to make things sound less serious, but looking back at my original post it was a bad idea to include that last part in something serious like this. I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else and I'll try to be better about it in the future.
    Oh, I wasn't offended or upset at all, don't worry about that, I'm just saying you don't have to try to make me feel better or anything lol.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    The really scary thing is his Supreme Court Pics. MOST other stuff he does can be undone as soon as he leaves office, but if he gets to appoint Scalia's successor then he'll put another Scalia right on there, and if ANY of the liberal justices retire, he'll get to do a Lifelong appointee and he promised to go uber-conservative from a list given to him by an Anti-LGBT Hate group.

So yeah, it's pretty damn scary.
    So another old white man starts making decisions for people, big whoop. People have resisted bullshit in the name of progress before, it's not like that's gonna stop.

And say Hillary gets appointed, it's not like it's going to be a cake-walk either. Either way it's a case of people fighting to protect their lifestyle from entitled people who will ALWAYS be there to say they're right and everyone else is wrong. It also assumes that Drumpf wins and suddenly everyone in the country that aims for justice and social equality goes belly up, which is something I doubt given the tantrums the GOP has been making for the past 8 Obama years.

Choosing to be oneself in this circumstance is unfairly a decision to fight against an unjust status quo. Ideally, not all of us have to deal with the bullshit, but it's just the way it is and we're seeing the beginning of the end. These pockets of people that are rabidly resisting change are just a sign of things changing for the better. They know it, and that's why they're so rabid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Trump basically took the "Who cares? It's their business not mine" position though his past record doesn't make me think he'll stick to that since it's no longer a way to differentiate himself from Cruz. If anything, he's more likely to shift to it being something individual states should decide and the Federal Government should stay out of.
    Drumpf himself is stupid back and forth about LGBT issues, he changes his mind every other minute based on what he thinks his base wants to hear. Seriously, and people call Hillary a Flip Flopper.

The only thing he's been consistent on when it comes to LGBT rights is on his Supreme Court Nominees whom he says he will be basing off of a list given to him by an Anti-LGBT hate group. It means his actual stance on LGBT folks doesn't matter too much as the assholes the "Heritage Foundation" Pick will be terrible either way.
    Ok, so he claims to not care, but everything he does would still bite them in the ass. That's like if I said I don't care either way, but voted for people who want to make things worse.

Oh, I wasn't offended or upset at all, don't worry about that, I'm just saying you don't have to try to make me feel better or anything lol.
    Ah, ok. I still have a hard times at understanding tone of posts at times, so I was unsure. Still, I feel I should be a bit more careful with how I post with this being a serious topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Given that Family Guy isn't shy about lampooning republicans and democrats I doubt it. I blame the usual good ol fashioned American ignorance and stupidity.

And to quote a semi famous person "You can't beat that"........probably.
    South Park then? Has south park yet done an episode about how cartman idolizes trump

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    So another old white man starts making decisions for people, big whoop. .
    Last Two Supreme Court Picks:
    -Jewish Woman
    -Puerto Rican Woman

Forgot to post this the other day:

After visiting Vietnam later this month, Obama will be the first sitting President to visit Hiroshima; Carter went back in '84.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...it_may_27.html
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Last Two Supreme Court Picks:
    -Jewish Woman
    -Puerto Rican Woman
    Not even close to the context of what we were talking about. Just go back to talking to the guy who got thread banned a day before and let me be.

I have a serious problem here.

Should I treat this like a real serious thing and refute it with the actual intelligent facts I have that completely obliterate this argument.

Or.

Do I treat this jerk like the insignificant, hateful troll he is and ignore the hell out of him?....

Decisions.... decisions...
    Hey Demon Rin, for those of us who aren't in the know, would you be willing to explain how the trans-gender bathroom switch work (both realistically and ideally if they are different), and how would society or bathroom people stop the creeps from using trans-gender as an excuse?

Thanks in advance.
    Originally Posted by Psycrow
    Usopp's abilities are so sweet now, they can cause a Sugar crash!

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    South Park then? Has south park yet done an episode about how cartman idolizes trump
    I honestly wouldn't know stopped watching Park somewhere around my 2nd-3rd year of Junior High.

Plus I would think Cartman would hate Trump since he's rich and he's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeswork View Post
    Hey Demon Rin, for those of us who aren't in the know, would you be willing to explain how the trans-gender bathroom switch work (both realistically and ideally if they are different), and how would society or bathroom people stop the creeps from using trans-gender as an excuse?

Thanks in advance.
    You realize this new bathroom bill is, besides being hateful and disgusting, also way more useful for actual creeps? I, as a guy, could go to a women's bathroom and claim I'm a FtM transgender man.

Well, Garrison literally f*ked him to death....while running as president on a Trump-like platform lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    You realize this new bathroom bill is, besides being hateful and disgusting, also way more useful for actual creeps? I, as a guy, could go to a women's bathroom and claim I'm a FtM transgender man.
    I was actually wondering about this. How would the situation even be approached?

("Man this guy could be trying to be a creep....)"excuse me, are you...?"
    "Oh it's fine, I'm transgender."
    "Well we just wanted to check, considering some creeps could lie to get their way in."
    *stunned silence*
    "Are you trying to say I'm lying about my orientation? How dare you!"
    "N-No, I m-mean, you.....h-have a good day."

I mean, it if was me.....I would feel like the fear of asking and stepping on eggshells would affect this? I apologize if I sound like an idiot, all. I know people probably wouldn't be that explicit in their answers.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokerSan View Post
    The assholes who are governing in our countries talk about assets and what is stolen only when they feel insulted. They are rats not human beings. All this time, they never say anything before about 37 billion $ gone missing, but they open their assholes when they are criticized. These rats do not see that the problem is 37 billion $ missing, not Cameron's comment.
    And which country do you reside from, if I may ask? This current president is at least trying from the failures of the previous administration so far. He himself said that he's not demanding any apology and stress the notion of severe corruption in Nigeria.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Comming from a country that a "gay cure" bill was a thing recently, I am used to BS bills.

I have being reading the posts about this restrooms bills and I was wondering, why not make a third room ? Or even a fourth one ? One for FtM and the other to MtF transgenders ? I know is not the best option and it has its flaws, but for me, is a valid option.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ugly View Post
    Comming from a country that a "gay cure" bill was a thing recently, I am used to BS bills.

I have being reading the posts about this restrooms bills and I was wondering, why not make a third room ? Or even a fourth one ? One for FtM and the other to MtF transgenders ? I know is not the best option and it has its flaws, but for me, is a valid option.
    Expense and limited room on a given facility. It's really not a valid option for most places that barely squeeze in the bathrooms they have.

Especially when the obvious solution is "stop caring about what people are packing" and "let people pee where they pee." Like they have their entire lives without you knowing or caring"

Places that are big enough do sometimes have a family room option though. For fathers and their young daughters or whatnot.
    Last edited by Robby; May 14th, 2016 at 02:24 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeswork View Post

Thanks in advance.
    Ok, hiding/spoilering it because it became a wall of text pretty fast:

Hidden:
    So, the argument here is that giving trans people protection under the law will somehow enable boys to dress up as girls to get into locker rooms right? Right?!

First, we'll ignore the fact that Pro-Trans laws have been in effect for years in some places, a decade+ in a few of them, and we've literally NEVER seen this happen. There is NO reported instances or statistics that show that passing these laws causes any kind of rise in perverts pretending to be women. It literally never happens.
    Hell, even Fox News, super shills of the republican party, are calling bullshit on it.

This is a trans man. I'm ok talking about him now because he wanted the word spread on this, which is why he took and uploaded this selfie.

This man was assigned female at birth, or to use the more crude vernacular that people who aren't knowledgeable on trans issues know, he was "Born a girl" and as of the time he took this photo, was still considered a "Woman" in the eyes of the law. As in, when he was born his Birth certificate originally said Female and when he looked like this and took this photo, it still did.
    Laws like North Carolina's law banning Trans people from using the bathroom of our choice literally means this man is not just "Allowed" to use the mens restroom, but is REQUIRED to under penalty of law.

So, if you're so worried about a guy doing something untoward to a woman in a bathroom, this actually is worse because a guy, without needing to "Dress up like a woman" would be able to walk into a womens restroom or locker room and say "Oh yeah, I'm a trans man, I have a vagina".

That brings up the other COMPLETELY STUPID thing about banning trans people from using bathrooms.

How are you going to enforce it? Do you identify people by sight? This might come as a shock, but we look like normal people. I may be ugly as all hell, but I AM a woman and I do look like one. But then, what constitutes what a trans person "Looks like"? This literally means they have to profile people, and if you don't have ID on you? Too bad. We're already hearing about Cisgender (As in, not Transgender) women who just look a little masculine being ejected from womens restrooms for not looking feminine enough. Not even North Carolina Police can answer how they are supposed to enforce it.

Probably the biggest "Fuck you" to trans people is that, they keep making this stupid argument that "We're not trying to hurt real trans people, just the perverts who would pretend to be women" etc. Let's assume for a moment that they AREN'T trying to imply that all trans people are perverts most of the time. Let's take them at face value.

The bill singles out Birth Certificates.

Most states require Gender Affirmative Surgery to get your Birth Certificate changed. Know how much that costs? $30,000.

Meanwhile, My Drivers license says "Female". Know how much that cost me? I had to go to a therapist for at least 3 months, get a letter from her diagnosing me and sending me to a General Practice doctor who put me on body-altering hormones. Then I had to be on those for an entire year, during which I got quarterly blood tests, IE the doctor would have known if I was faking it and not taking the pills, so I REALLY had to take the body-altering pills.
    Then, after this, I got a letter from both the therapist and the Doctor saying I was trans "For reals guise" which I had to take to a judge and pay $350, then convince the judge I was trans, who signed off on a legal name change and Gender marker change. Then I had to wait at the Social Security Office and DMV to get it changed.

All said and done, cost me about 1 year, convincing no less than 3 professionals and then paying, at absolute Most, $1000 if you have to pay for your meds and dcotor appointments.

Why is THAT not good enough? I think after all of that, I've proved I'm actually a trans person and not some pervert. Why the hell is that not good enough? Why do they HAVE to go as far as to make it about Birth Certificates and Genitals and chromisomes?!?!

I'm not saying making it based on your I.D./Drivers license is the PERFECT solution or anything as there are plenty of trans folk less fortunate than me who can't do that yet, and this wouldn't be a great solution for them, but it would at LEAST seem to be an attempt at a middle ground solution. It would at least feel like it wasn't necessarily the blatant attack on trans people it so obviously is.

Because really, that's what this is. It's not to "Protect" anyone. It's to attack trans people plain and simple. It's motivated out of hate and bigotry, not out of facts or compassion, or concern for anyone.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

This one clips is all you need to see. It's pretty spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ugly View Post

they do, and it's called the family restroom and I think a great deal of places have them. It's good for people with small kids or who need a little extra privacy

So Target's policy of allowing transgender into the restroom of the gender they identify as is bringing out the pervs
    ... in the "straight, and up-holding" people that oppose it that is.

One woman had a strange, eye-opening encounter in a Target bathroom.

A woman went into a Target restroom and was only one in there when another person came in....

She walked past the three open stalls and stood directly in front of my door. Then she leaned over and placed her eye firmly up against the gap between the door and the frame and stared in at me.

I am not making this up. And let me tell you, it was awkward. Bizarre even. This wasn't a case of someone hoping all those occupied stalls aren't really occupied. Mine was the only stall that was occupied. She deliberately stopped and stared in at me. My startled eyes met hers, and she moved away into one of the larger stalls.

I got out of my stall as quickly as I could, and as I stood washing my hands, her voice called out.

"Sorry about that," she said. "But, you know, Target lets men and homosexuals use just any bathroom. I was making sure you were a woman."

Soo,,, in checking to see if there were these imagined 'perverts' she acted like one herself. Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Well, Garrison literally f*ked him to death....while running as president on a Trump-like platform lol

I was actually wondering about this. How would the situation even be approached?

("Man this guy could be trying to be a creep....)"excuse me, are you...?"
    "Oh it's fine, I'm transgender."
    "Well we just wanted to check, considering some creeps could lie to get their way in."
    *stunned silence*
    "Are you trying to say I'm lying about my orientation? How dare you!"
    "N-No, I m-mean, you.....h-have a good day."

I mean, it if was me.....I would feel like the fear of asking and stepping on eggshells would affect this? I apologize if I sound like an idiot, all. I know people probably wouldn't be that explicit in their answers.
    well for one of I see a MAN, and yes I know what butch lesbian women and trans women look like, but if I see a straight man in the bathroom, I usually just turn around and leave right away. But like what's a guy gonna do, just stand there? Peep in the cracks?? It's gonna be obvious right away if he's being creepy, and it's not like he's got anywhere to run if someone starts yelling or tells on him and after like one incident he's probably get arrested or have it on his record

I mean like yeah it could happen but like... People are acting like the bathroom is some safe place for women but nobody wants to talk about how these same dudes are using the restroom next to young men, or even TransMen. Why do you think it's a stereotype that girls will go to the restroom together in the first place? For us, creeps potentially lurk around every street corner and parking garage but suddenly people are worried about toilets

Complicating things since 2009.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information