+ Reply to Thread
Page 495 of 893 FirstFirst ... 395 445 485 493 494 495 496 497 505 545 595 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,900 of 17857

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by sanji''s_dad View Post
    i wish i was still in school dressing up as a girl so i can check out the girls getting dressed in the locker rooms would so be worth it and i could tell them my dick was just a strap on lol.
    I have a serious problem here.

Should I treat this like a real serious thing and refute it with the actual intelligent facts I have that completely obliterate this argument.

Or.

Do I treat this jerk like the insignificant, hateful troll he is and ignore the hell out of him?....

Decisions.... decisions...

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

he's thread banned so dont bother

Aaaaaaaw, he started posting messages on my user page, so I typed up a response and everything.....

Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I have a serious problem here.

Should I treat this like a real serious thing and refute it with the actual intelligent facts I have that completely obliterate this argument.

Or.

Do I treat this jerk like the insignificant, hateful troll he is and ignore the hell out of him?....

Decisions.... decisions...
    Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 'thread banned' apply only to the thread in question?
    So its more of don't bother replying to those idiotic posts here but if Rin really (as opposed to just ignore that comment) wants to ignore him, that would still work if one uses Ignore function as that affects entire forums.

I've read some stuff from him that I didn't like, most I don't bother remembering what was said, just I didn't like what he said and that he comes off as a troll often. So I'm really tempted add 'em to Ignore

So is this supposed to be something done nation wide and Obama is coming out because of an incident in North Carolina, or is this just for North Carolina? I want to go with the former but for some reason I'm confused with the wording. Either way it's a step in the right direction which hopefully can be passed. The main thing I'm concerned with is how if it does pass how this can put transgendered people in potential danger, especially in more conservative states. They see a person go into what they perceive to be the wrong bathroom and then they know who that person is and might want to commit harm. As much as I want to say that wouldn't happen, recent stuff makes me think that would be a good possibility. Unless all bathrooms are required to become unisex, that solves part of the problem at least. Perhaps I'm just overthinking this though, or more likely there are other factors I'm not thinking of that there isn't any danger coming from this.

If this is a nation wide thing though, how likely is this to pass? Would this be a legislative thing or would it come down eventually to the supreme court? If so that just puts more emphasis on the importance of who you vote for with the fact that new justices will be appointed. Sorry if this post makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sanji''s_dad View Post
    i wish i was still in school dressing up as a girl so i can check out the girls getting dressed in the locker rooms would so be worth it and i could tell them my dick was just a strap on lol.
    Good news! Judging by your posts you're not only still in high school, but probably have just started the 9th grade!

Thing is, violence against trans people has always been an issue, and the places where people would lash out in anger because of this are most likely the places where it already is and has been dangerous to live as a trans individual or gender non-conformist.

it's a valid concern to have, it's just a concern that should exist in general for people who are brave enough to come out and be themselves while also living in cultures that will want to kill them for it or resist them to the point of denying them the right to a happy life.

Makes the conversation all the more important since finally more people are opening their eyes to things they haven't had to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    So is this supposed to be something done nation wide and Obama is coming out because of an incident in North Carolina, or is this just for North Carolina?
    The official stance of the Obama administration is that Title IX of the Civil Rights act covers trans people. By this reasoning, Federal law should prohibit any law that harms trans people.

This is important because you're exactly right, it creates a huge issue for trans people. If we're forced to walk into the bathroom that doesn't align with our gender identity, like for example, if a trans woman was required to go in the mens room, that PRETTY MUCH puts a big target on her back saying "The womens room doesn't have an "Out of Order" sign on it, so THERE'S ONLY ONE REASON I'D BE IN HERE!!" and since Violence against trans people is a thing that still regularly happens, this could lead to attacks on us.

I mean, I'm not gonna be winning any beauty contests. I'm pretty damn ugly, but I think overall I do look like I "Belong" in the womens' room, and I know I'd be uncomfortable in the mens... this whole thing scares me badly...

Right now, HB2, the bill in question is a North Carolina-only thing, but several other states have expressed a desire to do it themselves (including one shelved attempt from AZ I can see them reviving if the NC Bill survives the courts) Congressional Republicans have added this issue to their official party platform, and are drafting a federal version to override Title IX.

So yes, this is a VERY REAL fear of a very real problem.

About damn time to be honest.

i fuckin hate this shit and i don't know why people who say this think they're being controversial in any sort of intelligent way
    i really wish i knew why these kinds of people think it's okay to be like this. too much family guy maybe???
    Given that Family Guy isn't shy about lampooning republicans and democrats I doubt it. I blame the usual good ol fashioned American ignorance and stupidity.

And to quote a semi famous person "You can't beat that"........probably.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; May 13th, 2016 at 04:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Thing is, violence against trans people has always been an issue, and the places where people would lash out in anger because of this are most likely the places where it already is and has been dangerous to live as a trans individual or gender non-conformist.

it's a valid concern to have, it's just a concern that should exist in general for people who are brave enough to come out and be themselves while also living in cultures that will want to kill them for it or resist them to the point of denying them the right to a happy life.

Makes the conversation all the more important since finally more people are opening their eyes to things they haven't had to think about.
    Not sure if irony is the right word, but really says something about conservatives who are always yelling about constitutional rights, but readily want to take away the whole "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" from people. Perhaps sad and hypocritical is more accurate?

The official stance of the Obama administration is that Title IX of the Civil Rights act covers trans people. By this reasoning, Federal law should prohibit any law that harms trans people.

This is important because you're exactly right, it creates a huge issue for trans people. If we're forced to walk into the bathroom that doesn't align with our gender identity, like for example, if a trans woman was required to go in the mens room, that PRETTY MUCH puts a big target on her back saying "The womens room doesn't have an "Out of Order" sign on it, so THERE'S ONLY ONE REASON I'D BE IN HERE!!" and since Violence against trans people is a thing that still regularly happens, this could lead to attacks on us.

I mean, I'm not gonna be winning any beauty contests. I'm pretty damn ugly, but I think overall I do look like I "Belong" in the womens' room, and I know I'd be uncomfortable in the mens... this whole thing scares me badly...

Right now, HB2, the bill in question is a North Carolina-only thing, but several other states have expressed a desire to do it themselves (including one shelved attempt from AZ I can see them reviving if the NC Bill survives the courts) Congressional Republicans have added this issue to their official party platform, and are drafting a federal version to override Title IX.

So yes, this is a VERY REAL fear of a very real problem.
    Maybe it's because I'm more informed and it's been like this for a lot of elections, or it's just how things are this time around, but shit is real in this election. We can either have some real progress made and hopefully you and the rest of the community can have their lives become better, or things become even worse and who knows how bad it will get. It's not much, but hopefully I can convince a few of my friends to vote for the right thing.

Very off-topic, but that bolded part confuses me greatly. I've seen your picture on the picture thread and I don't see how anyone could consider you anywhere near ugly. Heck, from the pictures of various posters I've seen I wouldn't consider anyone on this forum ugly. I'd say everyone looks great, or even better, super.

We all know Rin is cute, but try telling her that

I don't agree necessarily with the sentiment that one side winning this election means easy progress and the other means the death of all that is good.

Even if Drumpf wins there's no fucking hell progress just goes to hell. Too many people in this world and country have fought to where we are, so there's no letting things go to shit without resistance.

Very off-topic, but that bolded part confuses me greatly. I've seen your picture on the picture thread and I don't see how anyone could consider you anywhere near ugly. Heck, from the pictures of various posters I've seen I wouldn't consider anyone on this forum ugly. I'd say everyone looks great, or even better, super.
    *Points at my username* even me ? :p

News about Temer and his new government.
    Last edited by C_uggs; May 13th, 2016 at 06:13 PM.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ugly View Post
    *Points at my username* even me ? :p

News about Temer and his new his government.
    Especially you. Such a misleading username that I was expecting at least Jabba the Hut ugly. We don't even get close to ugly.

Some guy decided a good place to take a selfie was next to a small, yet historic statue of a legendary (in the beloved sense, not the mythical) King of Portugal. Wanna guess how it ended?

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...oesnt-end-well

I'm just glad he's not from the United States.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Some guy decided a good place to take a selfie was next to a small, yet historic statue of a legendary king of Portugal. Wanna guess how it ended?

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...oesnt-end-well

I'm just glad he's not from the United States.
    Here I was expecting an ass kicking for some reason.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    I don't agree necessarily with the sentiment that one side winning this election means easy progress and the other means the death of all that is good.

Even if Drumpf wins there's no fucking hell progress just goes to hell. Too many people in this world and country have fought to where we are, so there's no letting things go to shit without resistance.
    The really scary thing is his Supreme Court Pics. MOST other stuff he does can be undone as soon as he leaves office, but if he gets to appoint Scalia's successor then he'll put another Scalia right on there, and if ANY of the liberal justices retire, he'll get to do a Lifelong appointee and he promised to go uber-conservative from a list given to him by an Anti-LGBT Hate group.

So yeah, it's pretty damn scary.

Not sure if irony is the right word, but really says something about conservatives who are always yelling about constitutional rights, but readily want to take away the whole "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" from people. Perhaps sad and hypocritical is more accurate?

Maybe it's because I'm more informed and it's been like this for a lot of elections, or it's just how things are this time around, but shit is real in this election. We can either have some real progress made and hopefully you and the rest of the community can have their lives become better, or things become even worse and who knows how bad it will get. It's not much, but hopefully I can convince a few of my friends to vote for the right thing.
    Like I said above, it's really only a few VERY vital things, but it IS very important.

One thing that kinda made me happy is that when this whole Trans Bathroom thing became such a huge issue, Drumpf clearly came out on our side being Pro-Trans on the issue while Cruz was clearly and unambiguously anti-Trans, and that still didn't translate into a sudden surge to the polls to support him which leads me to believe that even on the Republican side, this isn't a huge issue to the Uber-Cons. Hopefully it'll fade soonish.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    We all know Rin is cute, but try telling her that
    Ok, focussed ENTIRELY on the wrong part of what I said... This isn't about a pity party or trying to get people to lie to make me feel better, it's a serious concern.

We already know of incidents in the past where Cisgender (As in non-Transgender) women with somewhat masculine presentations were kicked out of Bathrooms for not looking "Feminine" enough. This woman is a lesbian who presents "Butch" and that happened to her.
    If that can happen to a Cis woman like that just for being a little butch, it's gonna happen to someone who looks like me easy.
    Last edited by Demon Rin; May 13th, 2016 at 07:04 PM.

The really scary thing is his Supreme Court Pics. MOST other stuff he does can be undone as soon as he leaves office, but if he gets to appoint Scalia's successor then he'll put another Scalia right on there, and if ANY of the liberal justices retire, he'll get to do a Lifelong appointee and he promised to go uber-conservative from a list given to him by an Anti-LGBT Hate group.
    I'd expect Trump to nominate somebody at least as far right as renowned bastion of dickishness Roy Moore if only to appease his base. It's possible that he might nominate somebody unqualified enough that said nominee could get rejected like Harriet Miers did but that wound up putting Samuel Alito on the bench anyway.

And the Supreme Court wouldn't be the only problem though but judges on the district and appellate court levels. While those lack the ability to affect the entire county like the Supreme Court can, they can easily make life miserable for people in certain parts of the country for years and he'd be appointing a lot more of them.

So yeah, it's pretty damn scary.

Like I said above, it's really only a few VERY vital things, but it IS very important.

One thing that kinda made me happy is that when this whole Trans Bathroom thing became such a huge issue, Drumpf clearly came out on our side being Pro-Trans on the issue while Cruz was clearly and unambiguously anti-Trans, and that still didn't translate into a sudden surge to the polls to support him which leads me to believe that even on the Republican side, this isn't a huge issue to the Uber-Cons. Hopefully it'll fade soonish.

Ok, focussed ENTIRELY on the wrong part of what I said... This isn't about a pity party or trying to get people to lie to make me feel better, it's a serious concern.

We already know of incidents in the past where Cisgender (As in non-Transgender) women with somewhat masculine presentations were kicked out of Bathrooms for not looking "Feminine" enough. This woman is a lesbian who presents "Butch" and that happened to her.
    If that can happen to a Cis woman like that just for being a little butch, it's gonna happen to someone who looks like me easy.
    Okay wait, I thought Trump was against anything LGBT, did I miss something along the way?

Also, I know this is a serious concern and how screwed up it is that this shit happens to transgendered people. I wasn't lying or trying to make things sound less serious, but looking back at my original post it was a bad idea to include that last part in something serious like this. I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else and I'll try to be better about it in the future.

Okay wait, I thought Trump was against anything LGBT, did I miss something along the way?
    Trump basically took the "Who cares? It's their business not mine" position though his past record doesn't make me think he'll stick to that since it's no longer a way to differentiate himself from Cruz. If anything, he's more likely to shift to it being something individual states should decide and the Federal Government should stay out of.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information