+ Reply to Thread
Page 490 of 892 FirstFirst ... 390 440 480 488 489 490 491 492 500 540 590 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,800 of 17833

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    It's a strange notion that one could, in-voluntarily, be converted into being gay.

Like watch out of the gay bug might bite you
    people are afraid they might actually have been gay all along and then who could they direct their hate to???

It's a strange notion that one could, in-voluntarily, be converted into being gay.

And unfortunately, its an old notion too. And family ties are not immune to this idiocy.
    I remember about 20 years ago, one of my cousins (son of Mom's brother) was graduating and out of all the 8 grandkids, only 3 were not invited to it.
    But we showed up anyway When we tried to approach Cousin Jeff to congratulate him, we were diverted and or ignored. Finally we talked to our grandma and got the story while we sat there and was ignored mostly. My sister and I were not invited because we sided with another cousin Mike (son of Mom's sister) who most of the family (Grandma didn't like it but didn't shun him, just acted like she didn't know) shunned for being gay.
    Many of the family thought if they interacted with a gay person then they were 'approving of the lifestyle' if they were kind to one W_T_F
    And worse many believed (and not just my ignorant family) that if they talked to gays then they will become gay.

"A Massive Wildfire In Alberta Has Forced The Evacuation Of Fort McMurray"

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro...LW#.cx8G4MEDgM

Quote Originally Posted by Hudell View Post
    "A Massive Wildfire In Alberta Has Forced The Evacuation Of Fort McMurray"

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro...LW#.cx8G4MEDgM
    I've been reading about that at Weather.com
    Looking at images like this, it looks like hell
    Hidden:

https://weather.com/safety/wildfires...wildfire-facts

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Man how does poor people being able to buy neccesities really manage provoke you that much.

Why not with pride say my taxes make this sort of, great thing, possible.

Ugh... so smug and self-righteous. She sure made a difference by causing a scene.

Department of Justice says that North Carolina's Bathroom Privacy Violation Bill is in violation of the Civil Rights Act.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...vil-rights-act
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

This same woman would start whining if the private establishment she is standing in ejected her due to causing a scene and bothering other customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    This same woman would start whining if the private establishment she is standing in ejected her due to causing a scene and bothering other customers.
    And you know the whining would be dialed back to a minimum if they fired her and caused her to be stuck collecting
    unemployment from the same people she thinks should stop giving out food stamps to the less fortunate.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    This is golden. I should have known this video existed already.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/1lbk3y...raft-for-women

Hahaha wait so... this douchebag introduce a sarcastic bill to draft women, believing there's no way it'll pass and it'll just prove his sexist stance correct... only to have it actually pass, then be ridiculed by his peers?

Wow. This is comedy gold.

America has politicians unintentionally funnier than standup comedians.

THis happened a few days ago but I didn't see any post here, please correct me if I missed it.

This really pisses my off=

Dashcam shows Chicago police beating woman in front of her children

Brown told CBS Chicago she was pulling into her driveway with her two young children in the back seat from an alley when a speeding squad car without lights or sirens on blocked her path. Officers Michelle Murphy and Jose Lopez were in that squad car. She said Murphy jumped out of the car, cursing at Brown and demanding she reverse her vehicle from outside of her home.
    "It startled me," Brown told to CBS. "I reached for my license ... the other officer takes the gun and points it at the front of my head."

Normally I'd say since her hands weren't on the wheel so they could see them, it may have made the police think the person is reaching for a gun, but the officers in question have a history....

The Chicago Police Department declined to comment, citing pending litigation. However, the Citizens Police Data Project shows both officers have a history with excessive force. Murphy has had 19 complaints made against her and Lopez has had 21.

That's a bad track record there. Worse is this=

Brown was charged with attempted murder because Murphy claimed Brown dragged her while backing out of the alley. She was acquitted on the attempted murder charge, but was convicted of reckless conduct a misdemeanor, for driving in reverse. She's appealing the conviction.

But that's not the absolute worst thing...

Murphy then pepper-sprayed Brown while Lopez laughed. Murphy then jumped on to a nearby parked car and trained her gun on Brown. Lopez stuck her car with a metal stick, and then both officers participated in the beating.

"Beat me down to my underwear, pulled my skirt off me," Brown says. "They beat me with the sticks and hit me with their boots in my head."

... and that's in front of the woman's 8 yr old and 1 yr old children! What a way to instill distrust of officers into children, by making them fear for their mother! IT doesn't say why the officers first approached her for, it sounds like they were just looking for someone to brutalize. The way the one smiles while his partner pepper sprays the woman -while she is still in her car with the children- it gives the image of abusive cops.

http://www.thelocal.se/20160505/swed...remism-resigns

Guess even teflon coated sleazebags don't have total run-off. But since she's managed to bounce back every other time, why should this be any different. Can't keep the party loyalist down y'know. Maybe some nice, cozy 120K a month job will, somehow, magically become avalible.

This amused me to no end. Technically,she didn't do anything since it was the bank negligence...But she did evade their calls so she is not innocent in any way.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...dentally-gave/

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

That's not nearly enough firefighters on the ground. I don't know what Canada's emergency response infrastructure is like but we've had two 200,000+ acre fires in San Diego in the past 15 years and we needed around 3,000 firefighters to effectively combat them. This fire's going to keep growing until they get adequate ground support to fight it.

Brings back weird memories. No loss of life reported yet, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    That's not nearly enough firefighters on the ground. I don't know what Canada's emergency response infrastructure is like but we've had two 200,000+ acre fires in San Diego in the past 15 years and we needed around 3,000 firefighters to effectively combat them. This fire's going to keep growing until they get adequate ground support to fight it.

Brings back weird memories. No loss of life reported yet, right?
    So far that's what's been reported. Which is amazing for a fire that big in a urban area, an entire city evacuated. I've heard reports of cars running out of gas but no loss of life yet. (well I've not checked since that last post)

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBlue View Post
    This amused me to no end. Technically,she didn't do anything since it was the bank negligence...But she did evade their calls so she is not innocent in any way.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...dentally-gave/
    Bank negligence didn't tell her to spend large sums of money that wasn't hers on cute handbags she didn't need.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information