+ Reply to Thread
Page 486 of 892 FirstFirst ... 386 436 476 484 485 486 487 488 496 536 586 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,720 of 17840

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

  1. #9701
    Discovered Stowaway Bugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hole in the ground

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    This sort of thing is why we have the courts thank god.
    Courts have been keeping this sort of bullshit in check in like some dumb game of whack-a-conservative after the big ruling. Hopefully this will get brought to court quick and shot down.
    I agree the courts will overturn it, but there's secondary reasons why this concerns me (besides the fact it's morally reprehensible).

  2. #9702

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Ergh, yeah that's maybe a damn thing there.
    Ye old 2004 trick.
    I mean I can't actually see that working in most states, and Missouri is pretty much just considered a red state now anyway....but I dunno maybe that has shadow potential in a few of the swing states.

  3. #9703

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Hell of a time for tasteless tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  4. #9704
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.
    Everything's Eventual...


  5. #9705

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Meanwhile, while no one was paying attention, 47 Senate Republicans voted to DENY aid to help the lead poisoned children in Flint.

    Stay classy guys.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  6. #9706

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    The situation in Flint just gets dumber and sadder every day.

    I read recently that the Governor declared recently he's going to drink Flint water exclusively for the next 30 days...

    Oh, by the way, it'll be filtered.

    Way to COMPLETELY MISS THE POINT jerk!

    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

  7. #9707

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Meanwhile, while no one was paying attention, 47 Senate Republicans voted to DENY aid to help the lead poisoned children in Flint.

    Stay classy guys.
    Given how they also voted against sending aid to Jersey after Hurricane Sandy it's not too surprising they're essentially shrugging off the misery the citizens of Flint are going through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  8. #9708
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Welp, it's finally happened.

    This was the natural extreme of this Anti LGBT furor going on right now.

    Republicans in Missouri are pushing through another Anti LGBT bill... this one flat out bans any "Penalty" against people who commit ANY action against a person based on "Sincerely held religious beliefs on same sex marriage". "Penalty" under Missouri law means ANY civil or criminal consequence.
    Therefore, Missouri is trying to make Murdering gay people legal.

    I am not making this up, this is coming from Columbia University's legal team's legal interpretation of the law.


    Get them where it hurts.

  9. #9709

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Ha! That's kinda brilliant. XD





  10. #9710

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    The situation in Flint just gets dumber and sadder every day.

    I read recently that the Governor declared recently he's going to drink Flint water exclusively for the next 30 days...

    Oh, by the way, it'll be filtered.

    Way to COMPLETELY MISS THE POINT jerk!
    Oh my god is this stuff still going on? I hate to say ''is this what I pay taxes for?'' but... God motherfucking damnit: is this what I'm paying taxes for?!? It's bad enough that the current years candidates are some off the worst in U.S. history and I will have to live with the humiliation of paying Trump's or Clinton's salary for at least 4 years, now the politicians give me another reason to hate them with everything I can muster.


    This is a situation that the federal government should have gotten involved with the first goddamn day. Obama should have taken a chopper to Flint the first thing that happened, demanded that the governor and every last one of the greedy bureaucrat scum in Michigan who were sitting on their hands while this was going down are thrown in a goddamn cell. You can't fucking do shit like this and walk away. All the while, the same people they are sworn to take care off are literally drinking fucking poison and living in the most crime ridden hellhole in the shittiest state in the entire nation ( no offense if anyone here is from Michigan but come on bruh.. ). This is not acceptable in any sense at all. Why the hell do we even have politicians? What are they even here for if they won't even help their people or even open their goddamn mouths about situations like this? There is just absolutely no excuses or explanations. Traitors, liars, thieves and murderers are what they are.

    Oh my god I'm so pissed I'm shaking, this was not good for me to read right now holy crap...

  11. #9711
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Jameswuds View Post
    Oh my god is this stuff still going on? I hate to say ''is this what I pay taxes for?'' but... God motherfucking damnit: is this what I'm paying taxes for?!? It's bad enough that the current years candidates are some off the worst in U.S. history and I will have to live with the humiliation of paying Trump's or Clinton's salary for at least 4 years, now the politicians give me another reason to hate them with everything I can muster.


    This is a situation that the federal government should have gotten involved with the first goddamn day. Obama should have taken a chopper to Flint the first thing that happened, demanded that the governor and every last one of the greedy bureaucrat scum in Michigan who were sitting on their hands while this was going down are thrown in a goddamn cell. You can't fucking do shit like this and walk away. All the while, the same people they are sworn to take care off are literally drinking fucking poison and living in the most crime ridden hellhole in the shittiest state in the entire nation ( no offense if anyone here is from Michigan but come on bruh.. ). This is not acceptable in any sense at all. Why the hell do we even have politicians? What are they even here for if they won't even help their people or even open their goddamn mouths about situations like this? There is just absolutely no excuses or explanations. Traitors, liars, thieves and murderers are what they are.

    Oh my god I'm so pissed I'm shaking, this was not good for me to read right now holy crap...
    Your avatar says it all.

    Everything's Eventual...


  12. #9712

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    I will have to live with the humiliation of paying Trump's or Clinton's salary for at least 4 years,
    presidents get paid a salary for life


  13. #9713

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Missouri's odious religious freedom government sanctioned bigotry bill suffered a likely crippling blow in committee.

    http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/gov...ign=user-share
    Complicating things since 2009.

  14. #9714

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    http://www.seattlepi.com/local/crime...#photo-9585931

    This is where we need to emulate America. Harsh sentances for complete monsters.

  15. #9715
    Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    My Rightful Throne (not porcelain)

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    http://www.seattlepi.com/local/crime...#photo-9585931

    This is where we need to emulate America. Harsh sentances for complete monsters.
    What the fucking fuck?? Why the fuck would someone do that?

  16. #9716

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    http://www.seattlepi.com/local/crime...#photo-9585931

    This is where we need to emulate America. Harsh sentances for complete monsters.
    I'm afraid that when it comes to our government, you can't really imitate anything, cause there is not like this nationwide court system that just work the same. There are two types of people in the U.S.

    And our jailing system is completely useless in every sense off the word. It just reeks of buerecracy, greed, laziness and an unability to adapt in order to make things better. There's nothing to defend about it. It's a bunch of useless institutions that justify their need simply by forcing people to live their lives in a way that makes them unhappy, while at the same time basically just taking trillions of dollars every year which is spent on absolutely useless functions, and services literally nobody ever asked for, that cost trillions of tax dollars and justify it's presence, it's uselesness simply by being the only player in town and basically bullying you into believing you are nothing without it. Yeah, I am bitter about government. But I'm bitter about how terrible the work market is in general. Government is just one flavour that bothers me more, because unlike corporations, the government take my money without asking to spend it on things I never asked for.

    At the very least when a corporation fucks you over ( and trust me, they do literally nothing except fucking you over ), they tell you it's cause they don't give a fuck about you. Which is better in every sense. Cause when the government does they will lie to your face and say it's for your own good.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Yeah, I've been extremely positive the past few weeks, which have made me basically see all this nonsense for what it is. A lot of people get pissed of when I say it like it is, but it's about time to stop caring about other people's feelings when you give them the hard truth.
    Last edited by Jameswuds; April 29th, 2016 at 10:19 AM.

  17. #9717

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    dear usa and eu and astralia and their friends please don't put sanctions on iran for "human rights" it does the opposite and if you care that much about human rights don't treat refugees who have lost everything like animals and don't imprison them in islands of other countries so they kill or burn themselves

  18. #9718
    Swole Chihuahua Rogues' Gallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Writing my Novel

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...377467201.html

    Humanity has gone too far this time, we've officially crossed the line into unnecessary food waste. Shit, no wonder there's rampant and unprecedented obesity amongst children and adults. What's next, pizza crust stuffed with Oreos and bacon? In 30 years we're going to end up looking like the fatasses from Wall-E.

    This is just stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    Someone married their stepmom and then got murdered?
    Sounds like he used a monkey paw to make a porno story come true.
    Then the curse of the paw eventually killed him.

  19. #9719

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post
    dear usa and eu and astralia and their friends please don't put sanctions on iran for "human rights" it does the opposite and if you care that much about human rights don't treat refugees who have lost everything like animals and don't imprison them in islands of other countries so they kill or burn themselves
    Australia is a pretty lost cause because they've somehow managed to combine American and European style racism together into one vegemite mixture of awful.

  20. #9720

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues' Gallery View Post
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...377467201.html

    Humanity has gone too far this time, we've officially crossed the line into unnecessary food waste.
    If you actually eat it, it's not a waste. Edible pizza box is a neat little novelty, no worse than breadsticks. And hey, no waste of carboard.

    It's a gimmick, not something that will actually catch on. Partly because transporting such a thing would still require an actual box.

    So no, making a novelty marketing ploy that really only works in-store isn't that big a deal.

    Compared to the thousands of pounds of food we let rot on the ground at farms because it's not pretty enough to sell in stores? We waste waaaaaaay more food than just some crazy breadstick variants.

    Also, for your hypotheticals
    1-They actually tried oreo pizzas. Everyone hated it and they stopped making it pretty fast.
    2- We're already stuffing crusts with hotdogs, so becon isn't a stretch. It's actually okay, but everyone going in on it knows its horrific, and just tries it the once. Its just another gimmick that won't last long.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts