+ Reply to Thread
Page 472 of 893 FirstFirst ... 372 422 462 470 471 472 473 474 482 522 572 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,440 of 17857

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    May i ask where you are from? Like i could imagine that if you are Indian for instance, then most western nations food would tend to come across as more bland, compared to what you are used to. Not that the British are known for their spice explosions even in Europe.
    Nah I am not Indian, I am Chinese. From Malaysia btw.

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by le crystal View Post
    I beg to differ. I went to UK before and the lack of sauce and generally non-existent taste disturbed me greatly. I like the cookies tho. No offense to uk people here.

British food being bland and bad is a very common joke, thus I riffed on it.
    *END OF JOKE EXPLANATION*

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

May i ask where you are from? Like i could imagine that if you are Indian for instance, then most western nations food would tend to come across as more bland, compared to what you are used to. Not that the British are known for their spice explosions even in Europe.
    Do Swedes seriously not have the "British cuisine sucks" joke?
    Pretty sure the French started it, and it spread from there to most of the earth.
    But if you guys don't get the joke the odd one out here isn't le crystal lol

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Pretty sure the French started it, and it spread from there to most of the earth.
    My favorite variation on that joke is:

"Canada could have British culture, French cuisine, and American government. Instead they would up with American culture, British cuisine, and French government."
    Complicating things since 2009.

You missed the sarcasm. I hope you didn't also think I implied the Irish Potato Famine didn't happened, or that the British just borrowed a sub-continent from the locals?
    British food being bland and bad is a very common joke, thus I riffed on it.
    *END OF JOKE EXPLANATION*
    Ya know, I know people who seriously like British cuisine. And quite a lot in fact.
    Still don't get how my misunderstanding of your joke is related to the potato famine.

https://gyazo.com/54f69ddbb3b3b95fa86b60aa07bc9c71

Guess that 'reputation' is still being stubborn to this day XD

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I have heard the joke from the internet.
    But honestly, I'd rather eat fish & chips than hamburger. (even if I haven't tasted the original versions of either)

Ya know, I know people who seriously like British cuisine. And quite a lot in fact.
    Still don't get how my misunderstanding of your joke is related to the potato famine.
    He made a joke about the potato famine not actually happening in the same vein as British food being actually good, the real meaning being that both are straight up lies. Since you didn't get the British food joke, he was worried that you didn't get the potato famine joke either Hope that helps.

And thus ends my contribution to the Random News Article Discussion thread!

Seems they were lying about unlocking the phone since they still want apple to do it lol!

The US government is keeping its encryption battle with Apple alive, pressing the high-tech giant to help crack an iPhone in a drug case in New York. https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/bu...-in-drug-case/

Quote Originally Posted by Carmilla View Post
    I have heard the joke from the internet.
    But honestly, I'd rather eat fish & chips than hamburger. (even if I haven't tasted the original versions of either)
    Good fish and chips is as good as a eh burger.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Do you never add soy sauce to anything? Cause let's face it, sometimes food just needs a little soy sauce.

Guess the Chinese aren't all that well-known for their really spicy food either.

I mean apart from Hunan and Sichuan. Buuut i figure Malaysia is in the chili zone. So maybe you're both?

Nah i got it, but i never miss a chance to talk global food with peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    My favorite variation on that joke is:

"Canada could have British culture, French cuisine, and American government. Instead they would up with American culture, British cuisine, and French government."
    The joke is just not the same without the Swiss lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by sanji''s_dad View Post
    Seems they were lying about unlocking the phone since they still want apple to do it lol!

The US government is keeping its encryption battle with Apple alive, pressing the high-tech giant to help crack an iPhone in a drug case in New York. https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/bu...-in-drug-case/
    Those fuckers just want to have the "Win" and the ability to just crack someone's shit without any protocol or consequence. What I'm getting at is they want their job to be easier and want to invade privacy thru loopholes and the like. Not a fan of our more than likely dirty Government, especially law enforcement.

Guess the Chinese aren't all that well-known for their really spicy food either.

I mean apart from Hunan and Sichuan. Buuut i figure Malaysia is in the chili zone. So maybe you're both?
    Malaysia is filled with spicy food, Chinese or otherwise. It gets spicier the further North you go.
    Even with traditionally non-spicy Chinese foods, some of us have to eat it dipped in chili soy sauce because we're so used to agonizing our taste buds. Though, I've also seen a fair amount of people who can't handle spiciness here.
    I've never been to Europe or eaten anything there so I can't give an opinion on how their food tastes.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)
    Bond en Avant practices drawing in general

I draw a silly comic about school and life.

I pretty much only enjoy bland food, so maybe I'll like british cuisine?

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    I've never been to Europe or eaten anything there so I can't give an opinion on how their food tastes.
    European food varies wildly from some of the world class famed cuisines of legend, to rotten buried shark corpses that smell like death.
    Last edited by Monkey King; April 10th, 2016 at 10:08 AM.

European food varies wildly from some of the world class fames cuisines of legend, to rotten buried shark corpses that smell like death.

For Wolfwood.

don't forget blue cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    Malaysia is filled with spicy food, Chinese or otherwise. It gets spicier the further North you go.
    Even with traditionally non-spicy Chinese foods, some of us have to eat it dipped in chili soy sauce because we're so used to agonizing our taste buds. Though, I've also seen a fair amount of people who can't handle spiciness here.
    There's a reason why Malaysia starts with the letter M ahahaha.
    We are masochists when it comes to eating

don't forget blue cheese
    Ah now see the more I read and interact with East Asians I think cheese might be one of those huge dividers between West and East.
    Cheese and yogurt and stuff like that is widespread in Europe and the Middle East (and I think South Asia??), and of course the Americas with our English/French/Spanish/Portuguese founding blocks and all the immigration later.

But I guess is really exotic and kinda gross seeming elsewhere. But man it's so normal here!

Ah now see the more I read and interact with East Asians I think cheese might be one of those huge dividers between West and East.
    Cheese and yogurt and stuff like that is widespread in Europe and the Middle East (and I think South Asia??), and of course the Americas with our English/French/Spanish/Portuguese founding blocks and all the immigration later.

But I guess is really exotic and kinda gross seeming elsewhere. But man it's so normal here!
    We got paneer down here. It is a form of local cheese which is quite popular in North India and Pakistan. Never made a heavy impact down south so it's probably from the Turks
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    We got paneer down here. It is a form of local cheese which is quite popular in North India and Pakistan. Never made a heavy impact down south so it's probably from the Turks
    Violence and cultural upheaval of the north that you got to avoid...but you lose out on cheese...

Is it really worth the exchange?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information