+ Reply to Thread
Page 462 of 893 FirstFirst ... 362 412 452 460 461 462 463 464 472 512 562 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,240 of 17857

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Somebody needs to do something about there ISIS fools because they act like they can just kill innocent people and get away with it time and time again. It's like every other month (seemingly) there's a major or minor attack orchestrated by them. I'm so sick of people losing lives over hate and different beliefs. Almost want to cry sometimes. My condolences to all affected. What do you guys think will/should be done about ISIS's recent attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Hair View Post
    Somebody needs to do something about there ISIS fools
    No offense but the only way one can say this statement is if you're not whatsoever following the wars in Syria and Iraq.
    There is an open ongoing full on war with ISIS one of the sides, they've been losing territory in both countries for like the past year, with the US heavily involved in supporting the main enemy against them (the Kurds and Iraqi government), with loads of air strikes being the backbone of that effort.
    The internet if bursting at the seams of videos and pictures of dead ISIS soldiers, ISIS being blown to hell, and stories about mass desertations and low running funds.

I don't want to attack you about this, but the exact ignorance about this is being used as a weapon by the most xenophobic Republican elements to justify disgusting things. So it's kinda pissing me off. Not to mention ignorance of how badly ISIS is doing these days is a big part of the usual ChickenLittleism that empowers similar bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    No offense but the only way one can say this statement is if you're not whatsoever following the wars in Syria and Iraq.
    There is an open ongoing full on war with ISIS one of the sides, they've been losing territory in both countries for like the past year, with the US heavily involved in supporting the main enemy against them (the Kurds and Iraqi government), with loads of air strikes being the backbone of that effort.
    The internet if bursting at the seams of videos and pictures of dead ISIS soldiers, ISIS being blown to hell, and stories about mass desertations and low running funds.

I don't want to attack you about this, but the exact ignorance about this is being used as a weapon by the most xenophobic Republican elements to justify disgusting things. So it's kinda pissing me off. Not to mention ignorance of how badly ISIS is doing these days is a big part of the usual ChickenLittleism that empowers similar bad things.
    Only said ISIS cus' that's who "claimed responsibility" for the attacks allegedly on CNN. I'm not too privy to the Syria/Libya/Iraq wars but I attributed the attack to who supposedly did it. Honestly, there's probably just some faction of ISIS who's claiming responsiblity IMO. All I'm saying is whoever it is, they should worry about their own wars and stop attacking westerners.

Only said ISIS cus' that's who "claimed responsibility" for the attacks allegedly on CNN.
    Uh I'm not saying it's not ISIS. I'm saying that the complaint being "Why aren't we doing something about ISIS" is silly because quite a lot is being effectively done against ISIS.
    ISIS are extremely evil motherfuckers.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

They are literally cartoon evil people. Like Berserk villains.
    Mass rapes, slavery, genocide against helpless villagers, executing kids, largely being sort of kind of an outside force lording it over local bumpkins, petty and stupid, clearly not actually so concerned with the thing they claim to be (the leader dressing up all pious and serious in robes but with a visible rolex on his arm under the sleeve lol).
    Feel free to go nuts on damning them to the extreme.
    They're probably the worst thing since the Nazis in terms of being evil. (worst since the Khmer Rouge on the matter of insane bloody campaigns by crazy people).

Seeing some of my peers talk shit like "I am against the terror attacks but don't say 'Allah Yrhmhom' (Islamic equivalent of may they rest in peace) because they're not muslims" make me sick.
    Seeing people who are just happy about "Koffar" dying makes me even sicker but that's a given..

I am angry and frustrated and I don't know what to think or believe anymore. I hope everyone who ever contributed to all these unfortunate events suffer the worst kind of fates possible.

Hidden:
    This phony honor code that puts you on your throne, a double standard you invoke when you want~

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Uh I'm not saying it's not ISIS. I'm saying that the complaint being "Why aren't we doing something about ISIS" is silly because quite a lot is being effectively done against ISIS.
    ISIS are extremely evil motherfuckers.
    Let me elaborate a bit. When I mean "we should do something about ISIS", I mean that why do countries who should have decent security and intelligence like Belgium and to a lesser extent France let these attacks happen? A bomb IN AN AIRPORT. No self-respecting country would EVER allow a terrorist group post-9/11 blow up are even attempt to blow up an airport or any major transport area. I mean WTF, I'm no Belgium expert but they are smack dab in the middles of a bunch of first world countries so I just assumed that their security would be uptight and then this happens. Same thing in France, did they let their guard down or was it just a lack of intelligence due to the competence of the attackers stealth? I don't understand but I seriously don't ISIS or any wannabe-ISIS terrorists would try this shit on American or British or even German soil. Why Belgium? So all i all, I don't mean "argh 'dem boys should take down those ISIS bastards durr". I know we are shitbombing anything and anyone associated with them, I just wonder why a modern first-world country don't have the defenses or security to prevent this type of attack.

well, I don't expect much of anything valuable to come out of the place you live in. Sorry no offense to you personally. But a statement about a group of people is not a statement about individuals. I particularly dislike cultural relativism, especially when people use them to justify things that westerners deem as evil or unethical happening as "tradition" in their culture. People might see it as a western centric point of view and criticze western way of thinking.

Anyways, hopefully there wont be negative backlash against innocent local Muslims (as in france as well). But without a doubt france needed to do something about the large number of islamic terrorist attacks happening in france. And what is there to do really by simply bombing them in their home turf and increasing security? People are bound to spin this in some political favor (cough gop cough).

If anything that pisses me off is the huge anti-american rhetoric on the internet and people blaming america for everything. Without a doubt, america had some role and blame in part with the huge shit storm currently in that part of the world but you cannot directly blame us for terrorist attacks. And this part of the place has been a huge fuckery since forever.

Lol at people who think putin is doing something about ISIS in syria. I laugh at people who resort to Russia Today for news not realizing they are pretty much just as bad as fox news. Speaking of which goodbye alljazeera america.

Quote Originally Posted by NER View Post
    Seeing people who are just happy about "Koffar" dying makes me even sicker but that's a given....
    Where are you seeing these people? I live in a muslim country and there is no such a thing. May be, because we suffered from terrorism a lot. From what I saw, most people were hoping it was not related to islamic terrorism.
    But really this is insane. Knowing that these people could hit the city hosting the E.U institutions and more importantly NATO headquarters, crazy. My condolences and support to all people suffering from terrorism. These are very sad events for many many aspects.

Let me elaborate a bit. When I mean "we should do something about ISIS", I mean that why do countries who should have decent security and intelligence like Belgium and to a lesser extent France let these attacks happen? A bomb IN AN AIRPORT. No self-respecting country would EVER allow a terrorist group post-9/11 blow up are even attempt to blow up an airport or any major transport area. I mean WTF, I'm no Belgium expert but they are smack dab in the middles of a bunch of first world countries so I just assumed that their security would be uptight and then this happens. Same thing in France, did they let their guard down or was it just a lack of intelligence due to the competence of the attackers stealth? I don't understand but I seriously don't ISIS or any wannabe-ISIS terrorists would try this shit on American or British or even German soil. Why Belgium? So all i all, I don't mean "argh 'dem boys should take down those ISIS bastards durr". I know we are shitbombing anything and anyone associated with them, I just wonder why a modern first-world country don't have the defenses or security to prevent this type of attack.
    Doesn't matter how rich your country is, unless you check everyone and everything at the front door (which you don't because logistics, duh!) you can very easily sneak a bomb into an airport. Yeah, there's hardly any quality security to stop you from doing so. You live in America? Just walk into any big airport with a bag. Who's checking it right then and there at the entrance? Nobody. Wouldn't really make sense to. The bulk of the security that's supposed to stop bad things from happening is concentrated at the security checkpoints but before and after that...nothing sufficient enough to stop someone from walking around with a bomb. Even those lines leading to those checkpoints are a danger in fact. I'm going to post an article below about airport security but in case you won't read the whole thing just pay attention to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    ...those knotty, teeming security lines are the most dangerous places in airports: terrorists could paralyze U.S. aviation merely by detonating a bomb at any security checkpoint, all of which are, of course, entirely unsecured. (I once asked Michael Chertoff, the secretary of Homeland Security, about this. "We actually ultimately do have a vision of trying to move the security checkpoint away from the gate, deeper into the airport itself, but there's always going to be some place that people congregate. So if you're asking me, is there any way to protect against a person taking a bomb into a crowded location and blowing it up, the answer is no.")
    http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/ovic/View...d9c90959e22dee

Yeah, and that security that's supposed to stop you from sneaking a bomb onto an airplane might stop you but even that can be got around with some determination, smarts, and a little bit of luck. And don't even get me started on train security. I took the train for 5 years at my old job in D.C. Security? Ha!

There's: 'If you see something, say something.' and maybe a few policemen wandering the platforms every once in a while and some days have more than others depending on the time, circumstances, and events.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Doesn't matter how rich your country is, unless you check everyone and everything at the front door (which you don't because logistics, duh!) you can very easily sneak a bomb into an airport. Yeah, there's hardly any quality security to stop you from doing so. You live in America? Just walk into any big airport with a bag. Who's checking it right then and there at the entrance? Nobody. Wouldn't really make sense to. The bulk of the security that's supposed to stop bad things from happening is concentrated at the security checkpoints but before and after that...nothing sufficient enough to stop someone from walking around with a bomb. Even those lines leading to those checkpoints are a danger in fact. I'm going to post an article below about airport security but in case you won't read the whole thing just pay attention to this.

http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/ovic/View...d9c90959e22dee

Yeah, and that security that's supposed to stop you from sneaking a bomb onto an airplane might stop you but even that can be got around with some determination, smarts, and a little bit of luck. And don't even get me started on train security. I took the train for 5 years at my old job in D.C. Security? Ha!

There's: 'If you see something, say something.' and maybe a few policemen wandering the platforms every once in a while and some days have more than others depending on the time, circumstances, and events.
    You definetly have some valid points. The article was an interesting read. Yea i live in america, particularly the midwest. Still though if people realise security checkpoints are now a bit of an obsolete method are there better options to effectively prevent bombings or is it too difficult to predict it happening?
    Last edited by Green-Hair; March 22nd, 2016 at 07:35 PM.

You definetly have some valid points. The article was an interesting read. Yea i love in america, particularly the midwest. Still though if people realise security checkpoints are now a bit of an obsolete method are there better options to effectively prevent bombings or is it too difficult to predict it happening?
    Prevention is key. Information gathering, sources, and networking. Best way to stop an attack from happening is to stop it from getting past the planning phase, or get a heads up of what's about to go down. Even that is difficult but it's better than trying to stop a bomb that's already on site.

Random lone wolf attacks are much harder to stop because the scarcity of information and...well, randomness of such an attack.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by SmokerSan View Post
    Where are you seeing these people? I live in a muslim country and there is no such a thing. May be, because we suffered from terrorism a lot. From what I saw, most people were hoping it was not related to islamic terrorism.
    But really this is insane. Knowing that these people could hit the city hosting the E.U institutions and more importantly NATO headquarters, crazy. My condolences and support to all people suffering from terrorism. These are very sad events for many many aspects.
    he lives in saudi arabia so no big suprise that some people there say that

Seeing some of my peers talk shit like "I am against the terror attacks but don't say 'Allah Yrhmhom' (Islamic equivalent of may they rest in peace) because they're not muslims" make me sick.
    Seeing people who are just happy about "Koffar" dying makes me even sicker but that's a given..

I am angry and frustrated and I don't know what to think or believe anymore. I hope everyone who ever contributed to all these unfortunate events suffer the worst kind of fates possible.
    Yeah and many in my country say "We told you so! Been there, done that" regarding letting migrants into their countries which has very less to do with the attacks now. Best thing to do would be to ignore em and make sense from your own logical understanding of the situation

The long term effect of these attacks will be that we will soon be seeing multiple possibly aggressive conservative governments coming back to power in various countries
    Last edited by xan; March 22nd, 2016 at 09:28 PM.
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

So the FBI didn't need Apple at all in the end. Who would have thought?

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35863861
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

lol people are doing the same shit over here.
    Kerry comes out a week ago or whatever and says "We officially accuse ISIS of genocide against Shia Muslims, Yazidi and Christians.".
    That statement enters the ears of some people, scrambles around, and comes into their heads as
    "We officially accuse ISIS of genocide against Christians"
    The piles of dead Shia and Yazidi (the latter being by far the worst effected) just sort of vanish in their minds. Those dead people don't matter, not part of our tribe! durrurrur
    People are like this all over. And it enrages me too.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by SmokerSan View Post
    NER lives in Saudi Arabia.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nc-lawmak...083041538.html

Surprised no one brought this up. Just absolutely crazy

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xan
    The long term effect of these attacks will be that we will soon be seeing multiple possibly aggressive conservative governments coming back to power in various countries
    And this is why the old adage of "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it" is absolute bullshit. Learning from history is one thing, giving a fuck about it is another.

I think "learn" implies you saw the mistakes made and won't repeat them but I suppose what really matters is what perspective you have or what you personally take away from whatever subject matter and how you would handle it differently or try to avoid all together.
    Everything's Eventual...

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

I think "learn" implies you saw the mistakes made and won't repeat them but I suppose what really matters is what perspective you have or what you personally take away from whatever subject matter and how you would handle it differently or try to avoid all together.
    In principle. But in politics, handling different subject matter or avoiding it all together doesn't necessarily translate to not repeating the actions of the past. Anyone can play the "That was then, this is now!" card.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information