+ Reply to Thread
Page 451 of 893 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 449 450 451 452 453 461 501 551 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,020 of 17857

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by SmokerSan View Post
    But still they are fighting in their home country and they are rightfully doing so. I don't understand.
    I think legally speaking (as you seem concerned on that) Turkey might be able to make/manufacture a case where the Syrian Kurds are a threat to them and launching attacks. Turkey generally goes by a narrative where they don't even differentiate the YPG from the PKK. Officially it's all PKK to them. So this to them is a terrorist organization that exists on both sides of the border that is doing them harm. This is flawed from different angles, but the rationale could technically justify invading Syria.
    South Korea is having help from the USA to protect themselves from another aggressive entity, are they wrong?
    How is that at all similar?

Really I don't get it. If people in Cyprus would want to fight against Turkey and have help from other European countries or any other countries, would that be wrong?
    Both this and Korea involve disputed territory, they're a different thing then cross border violence. Which Turkey is accusing the YPG of.

Isis is now is out of control.
    Not really. It's still holding on to the same big cities it was earlier.
    But it has been put their and helped by some governments. Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Israel and Jordan.
    The only one of those that can be argued to "help" it since it became ISIS would be Turkey. And that's not really helping so much as actively tolerating because Turkey is more worried about the YPG. What has Jordan done lol.

You make difference between terrorist assholes, I don't. They are the same people who have one only job: destroy non-religious based countries and establish sunni/shia war.
    This at best sounds like Saudi Arabia and maybe kinda Israel. Turkey and Jordan though?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I think legally speaking (as you seem concerned on that) Turkey might be able to make/manufacture a case where the Syrian Kurds are a threat to them and launching attacks...
    Legally, you can defend your country, but to defend it by invading another one, you'll have to have the permission of the U.N. So no, legally, no one can enter Syria or any other country without the consent of the U.N, being USA or one of it's friends, Being Russia or having the consent of the invaded country's government. That's all I am saying. Let me give you an example, we have some Libyan groups moving through the Algerian and Tunisian borders and they even have training camps in Libya which help organize terrorist attacks on us. Even so, no Algerian or Tunisian can send someone there to do anything about it, because it's illegal from the U.N view point. Algeria and Tunisia are not Nato countries, they are not USA friends and protectorates, and they are not U.N security council permanent members. To invade another country legally or not, to defend yourself or not, to destroy the country or not, you'll have to meet one or more of those 3 criteria.

How is that at all similar?
    You told me: "But they receive cross border support and aid from the Turkish Kurds as well. Even some Iraqi Kurds". I asked you what's the problem with having help from other parts of the world.

Which Turkey is accusing the YPG of.
    At least we can agree that Turkey and Erdogan do not need valid reasons to do things, no?

The only one of those that can be argued to "help" it since it became ISIS would be Turkey. And that's not really helping so much as actively tolerating because Turkey is more worried about the YPG. What has Jordan done lol.
    This at best sounds like Saudi Arabia and maybe kinda Israel. Turkey and Jordan though?
    As I told many many many times, the only branch of Islam that have enough influence that is promoting this shit are the Wahhabi Islam. So Saudi Arabia is given. There are 2 main routes of djihad, through Turkey and through Jordan. And the governments of these countries know about it and tolerate it and in case of Turkey, organize it. And for Israel, they are helping with bombings and with medical care. So yes, one way or another, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Jordan and Israel are allies to ISIS. Heck, one week or 2 weeks ago, one of the Israeli ministers said it openly.

Apple and the U.S. government are in a legal battle that may well determine whether or not the government can have access to your data and private information through your phone, or any of their other products, by some means of a backdoor. Apple went as far as to deny a court order issued to it asking for their assistance in unlocking one of their phones used by one of the shooters in San Bernardino.

The fear is by giving the government access to this data which is supposed to be private will set a precedent justifying future incursions of data and private information. Or in the words of Tim Cook.

In a letter published on Apple’s website, Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook said the Federal Bureau of Investigation was seeking a new version of Apple’s operating system that would circumvent security features and give law enforcement access to private data. Calling the order a dangerous precedent, Cook framed it as a “chilling” attack on civil liberties and warned that ultimately the government could “demand that Apple build surveillance software to intercept your messages, access your health records or financial data, track your location, or even access your phone’s microphone or camera without your knowledge.”
    http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...ooter-s-iphone

Google has sided with Apple on this. I can see this going all the way up to the Supreme Court.

Now of course these tech companies have cooperated with law enforcement before in a wide variety of ways, and continue to do so still, so....I don't know. Maybe someone more knowledgeable in this mattee can help explain what's different now. I guess they're making a stance now. As long as it's relevant I personally don't mind tech companies cooperating with the law, duh. But I can understand the case being made for government overreach and loss of privacy.

*cough*NSA*cough*PatriotAct*cough*
    Everything's Eventual...

it seems like the Gov wants them to find a way to hack Iphones and they understandably dont want to since apple is very very big with security

but the gov taps phones and stuff all the time. IIRC that's one of the whole premises to the show The Wire. If they have a warrant, which i think they do, then i dont think there's anything they can do about it

Google and Apple are probably just uncomfortable with the idea of anyone else but them having complete access to people's private information.

Apple has been trying very hard to gain ground in Enterprise IT. Building a backdoor into the iPhone and allowing the encryption key to be brute forced isn't going to help them in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d-for-selfies/

Didn't a similar event occur with baby turtles sometime back? Jeez ppl...
    I believe the same story got posted a couple posts back.

Well, I have nothing against law enforcement using the data they retrieve.
    But creating a software for that? Not only it will affect Apple itself badly, that much is apparent.
    It's also, kind of giving law enforcers a tool to access anyone's private information just like that, by anyone I mean just small criminals or dunno. Maybe it's just me who sees it like that, though.
    Anyway, that's why the thought itself is ugh for me. And asking a developer to create something like that themselves is kinda funny imo, that's like asking them to lose many of their costumers directly XD

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    I believe the same story got posted a couple posts back.
    Oh my bad. The date of the article was 18 so though it was a new story
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Carmilla View Post
    Anyway, that's why the thought itself is ugh for me.
    The fact that this is even being proposed and considered should be raising red flags. Who is realistically benefitting from this?
    Last edited by G8trH8tr; February 19th, 2016 at 02:36 AM.

Endangered baby dolphin dies after beachgoers pass it around for selfies

http://news.yahoo.com/endangered-bab...162841974.html

Quote Originally Posted by sanji''s_dad View Post
    Endangered baby dolphin dies after beachgoers pass it around for selfies

http://news.yahoo.com/endangered-bab...162841974.html
    Tell me this is a joke, right? We're getting hammered here with the same article.

Quote Originally Posted by G8trH8tr View Post
    Tell me this is a joke, right? We're getting hammered here with the same article.
    . Not a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by sanji''s_dad View Post
    . Not a joke.
    No i mean it's tragic and all. Definitely a low point for people. Especially the fact that it dies and people still take selfies with it then they proceed to ditch it on the beach.

But you're I believe the third person to post this specific article.

Quote Originally Posted by G8trH8tr View Post
    No i mean it's tragic and all. Definitely a low point for people. Especially the fact that it dies and people still take selfies with it then they proceed to ditch it on the beach.

But you're I believe the third person to post this specific article.
    Second but the other post was between long posts so i missed it and he did not say what it was about but its still messed up enough that more than one person posted it.

a pretty good response to the Apple situation by Mcafee http://www.businessinsider.com/john-...or-free-2016-2

Breaking news: Cameron has got his deal

Quote Originally Posted by LegendarySSJ4 View Post
    The geo-political form of "We're not actually part of Europe, we're different from everyone else"

I still expect the self-absorbed, arrogant little assholes populating that island to bomb their EU membership after Cameron's garbage party spent years blaming it for all their woes. Except when the woes were America's fault of course.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information