+ Reply to Thread
Page 443 of 893 FirstFirst ... 343 393 433 441 442 443 444 445 453 493 543 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,860 of 17857

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

There was the Dutch Golden Age during the Renaissance. :) :) :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    There was the Dutch Golden Age during the Renaissance. :) :) :)
    didn't the dutch golden age come later after independence when you dudes carefully started growing facets of the modern world in your marshy corner

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    G8trH8tr's the guy that said that those darn dirty Mexicans are bringing crime to the US and that Muslims are wrecking European culture.
    So by all means, do not ever consider anything I ever say. And what do you want me to do, defend my statements? Yeah, it was a stupid thing to say. I get emotional sometimes. I'm a human being.

Any and all religion can be dangerous. This is the one that currently is causing the most grief. It's when people start looking at things in a realistic, compassionate and logical way that a lot of these dangerous ideas are going to fade out. Religion should fade in my and I'm sure many others opinion.

As for the golden age I'm talking about it's an age of widespread peace, wealth and prosperity. Why would you want to argue that that's possible in our lifetime?

Religion is fine. It's extremists that are the problem. And they'll find whatever they want to find to justify greed and war and dominance over others.

Even if you remove religion, the sentient otters will still war with us over what you should actually call science.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    didn't the dutch golden age come later after independence when you dudes carefully started growing facets of the modern world in your marshy corner
    Started in the mid-16th century around the time we took control of the Baltic Sea and Amsterdam became the most important harbour after Antwerp got sacked. Then at the beginning of the 17th century there was the colony building and the short ceasefire with the Spanish which resulted in more growth. 1672 is the "disaster year" where the unstoppable growth stopped growing and the golden age reached it end, which was actually only 24 years after independence was gained (there is a silver age though which lasts until around the time the English kept winning naval battles in the 18th century, but the rot had well started to set in).

I guess it's kinda set at the very back of the Renaissance though, if not after. Depends if you count the Enlightenment as still a part of the Renaissance.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Religion is fine. It's extremists that are the problem. And they'll find whatever they want to find to justify greed and war and dominance over others.
    That's your opinion. The promise of some future event fulfilling oneself is inherently dangerous. It's a far more dishonest way to fight wars over dominance and greed. Getting rid of these old ideas could only benefit us at this point in our development. The crutch is no longer necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Even if you remove religion, the sentient otters will still war with us over what you should actually call science.
    Science can be defined simply as a best guess to predict the outcome of certain relationships. Science is not nor will it ever be a religion.

Quote Originally Posted by G8trH8tr View Post
    Any and all religion can be dangerous. This is the one that currently is causing the most grief. It's when people start looking at things in a realistic, compassionate and logical way that a lot of these dangerous ideas are going to fade out.
    I don't think it's how to look at it that will unravel it, I think it's more things creating it in the first place that are the issue.
    One of the continuous problems keeps being that Arab countries are desperate for The Thing that will be the alternative to all their shit. Namely dictatorships stepping down on their heads. Extreme Sunnism keeps powerful because it's the current popular version of that Thing. The resistance to problems, the solution. Of course it isn't actually, but right now it has that mystique. There's also a sort of nationalism going into it as well, which yeah can result in a sort of fascist looking thing. ISIS is pretty fascist when you get down to it. Yammering about pure old yesterdays, being sort of future minded too, genocide against the impure (Yazidi, Shia).

Most Arab states are kind of weak confused little smears to begin with too. Not a lot of strong nations built on something clear to unite them. Lots of dumb borders, or states formed just because of a monarchy that owned the land (or several monarchies).

Basically look at the other Muslim ethnic groups in the area and you tend to see almost none of this stuff. Or at least a very different form.
    Turks? You don't hear about Turkish terrorism. Azerbaijan? lol, more secular than Alabama. Kurds? Nationalists to themselves not to religion.

Persians? Well heck, Iran is the reverse of the Arab world! To Arab countries Theocracy keeps looking like this cool thing that might fix everything, especially given all the other things failed or were killed off by dictators/Israel. It's popular in the same way Bernie Sanders/Trumpare popular to certain people, it's a pure alternative rebellion against the tired old things. It's still un-smeared.
    But in Iran? lol they done had a theocracy since 1979. The young people (and even older folks) there don't want that shit. Though there's also the factors of...
    -Iran is actually a strong nation idea that isn't cobbled together by colonial map artists. It's friggin' Persia.
    -Iranians were always more moderate on religion then lots of the Arab world. Even under a theocracy lol. I'll never forget that one part in Persepolis when (and this after the theocracy already is in power) during the Gulf War some rich Kuwait refugees go to live in Iran, and she says things are so sexist in the Gulf that these dudes literally thought a woman walking alone the street meant "prostitute". And it shows some dude asking how much and she throws a coke at him lol.

Where there's stability is my point. Where there's stability there's less extremism. Even in a literal theocratic state like Iran!
    And as previous discussions with an Algerian dude here have highlighted....Saudi Arabia is kind of a source of problems. Broadcasting and funding out super extremist forms of Islam to the rest of Arabia and Muslim populations in Europe. It's a shit of history that a super fundamentalist form of Islam (Wahhabi) ended up running a largish country sitting on top of both insane amounts of oil ($$$$$) ...and Mecca and Medina as well. That gives Wahhabi and it's Salafism cousin lots of influence and power. And those are the super poisonous puritanical forms of Islam right there.

So much of this is pretty recent to you gotta recall. Like 80's onward this started to fester in this form we now enjoy so much.
    Like ISIS is trying to claim they're a Caliphate, that they have a Caliph. So they're "the leader of all Muslimdom".
    Ever wonder when the last time there was a Caliph was?
    It was the 1920's. In Turkey. Involving nothin' but Muslims. Muslim government wanted to make things secular, first they watered the Caliph down to a ceremonial role like the Queen of England. Then they straight ended the position.
    As far as reactions to this in the Muslim world...nothing really.

Recent. This all recent. And that's how you know it's pretty fascist in parts. Fascism was a conceit based on simultaneously glorifying a past (that never existed the way they said it did) and being super modern at the same time.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

That's your opinion. The promise of some future event fulfilling oneself is inherently dangerous. It's a far more dishonest way to fight wars over dominance and greed. Getting rid of these old ideas could only benefit us at this point in our development. The crutch is no longer necessary.
    I think the important differences comes down to treatment of religion. I find it has dangerous capabilities when treated tribally, when thought of in a collective fashion.
    When religion is a very personal thing? Then it isn't a threat.
    I don't know where you live, but this is my main theory as to why religious conservatism differs so heavily from region to region in the US. Where we are more conservative there is both a more collective thinking toward religion and usually the homogeneity to back it up. Where this is more liberal religious attitudes there is usually a more individual thinking toward religion, and sometimes the diversity religiously to make such a development important (diversity here being among different Christian sects mostly).

The crutch is no longer necessary.
    Religion has inspired people to do great things before even scientifically speaking. And I say this not only as basically an atheist, but someone raised irreligious. It's not really a crutch in all cases.

Science can be defined simply as a best guess to predict the outcome of certain relationships. Science is not nor will it ever be a religion.
    Anything can be treated like one though. Science like religion can be abused and distorted, best example being all that scientific racism that sprouted up in the late 1800's. The Nazis were deeply into that nonsense and lots of racist types still are. /pol/, stormfront etc. They all still use that stuff.
    And of course there's Communism. Officially atheistic, but chalk full of things that strongly resemble a religion. Including that promise of a future event thing you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Depends if you count the Enlightenment as still a part of the Renaissance.
    Don't think that's usually done thanks to the Wars of Religion (how topical!).
    Like "Big Progress Age #1 inadvertently leads to theological rebellion against Catholic church, oops horribly destructive 150 or so year period of massacres and World War 1 level conflict.
    Causes people to question lots of things which leads to Big Progress Age #2."

Spoiler:
    I don't think it's how to look at it that will unravel it, I think it's more things creating it in the first place that are the issue.
    One of the continuous problems keeps being that Arab countries are desperate for The Thing that will be the alternative to all their shit. Namely dictatorships stepping down on their heads. Extreme Sunnism keeps powerful because it's the current popular version of that Thing. The resistance to problems, the solution. Of course it isn't actually, but right now it has that mystique. There's also a sort of nationalism going into it as well, which yeah can result in a sort of fascist looking thing. ISIS is pretty fascist when you get down to it. Yammering about pure old yesterdays, being sort of future minded too, genocide against the impure (Yazidi, Shia).

Most Arab states are kind of weak confused little smears to begin with too. Not a lot of strong nations built on something clear to unite them. Lots of dumb borders, or states formed just because of a monarchy that owned the land (or several monarchies).

Basically look at the other Muslim ethnic groups in the area and you tend to see almost none of this stuff. Or at least a very different form.
    Turks? You don't hear about Turkish terrorism. Azerbaijan? lol, more secular than Alabama. Kurds? Nationalists to themselves not to religion.

Persians? Well heck, Iran is the reverse of the Arab world! To Arab countries Theocracy keeps looking like this cool thing that might fix everything, especially given all the other things failed or were killed off by dictators/Israel. It's popular in the same way Bernie Sanders/Trumpare popular to certain people, it's a pure alternative rebellion against the tired old things. It's still un-smeared.
    But in Iran? lol they done had a theocracy since 1979. The young people (and even older folks) there don't want that shit. Though there's also the factors of...
    -Iran is actually a strong nation idea that isn't cobbled together by colonial map artists. It's friggin' Persia.
    -Iranians were always more moderate on religion then lots of the Arab world. Even under a theocracy lol. I'll never forget that one part in Persepolis when (and this after the theocracy already is in power) during the Gulf War some rich Kuwait refugees go to live in Iran, and she says things are so sexist in the Gulf that these dudes literally thought a woman walking alone the street meant "prostitute". And it shows some dude asking how much and she throws a coke at him lol.

Where there's stability is my point. Where there's stability there's less extremism. Even in a literal theocratic state like Iran!
    And as previous discussions with an Algerian dude here have highlighted....Saudi Arabia is kind of a source of problems. Broadcasting and funding out super extremist forms of Islam to the rest of Arabia and Muslim populations in Europe. It's a shit of history that a super fundamentalist form of Islam (Wahhabi) ended up running a largish country sitting on top of both insane amounts of oil ($$$$$) ...and Mecca and Medina as well. That gives Wahhabi and it's Salafism cousin lots of influence and power. And those are the super poisonous puritanical forms of Islam right there.

So much of this is pretty recent to you gotta recall. Like 80's onward this started to fester in this form we now enjoy so much.
    Like ISIS is trying to claim they're a Caliphate, that they have a Caliph. So they're "the leader of all Muslimdom".
    Ever wonder when the last time there was a Caliph was?
    It was the 1920's. In Turkey. Involving nothin' but Muslims. Muslim government wanted to make things secular, first they watered the Caliph down to a ceremonial role like the Queen of England. Then they straight ended the position.
    As far as reactions to this in the Muslim world...nothing really.

Recent. This all recent. And that's how you know it's pretty fascist in parts. Fascism was a conceit based on simultaneously glorifying a past (that never existed the way they said it did) and being super modern at the same time.

I think the important differences comes down to treatment of religion. I find it has dangerous capabilities when treated tribally, when thought of in a collective fashion.
    When religion is a very personal thing? Then it isn't a threat.
    I don't know where you live, but this is my main theory as to why religious conservatism differs so heavily from region to region in the US. Where we are more conservative there is both a more collective thinking toward religion and usually the homogeneity to back it up. Where this is more liberal religious attitudes there is usually a more individual thinking toward religion, and sometimes the diversity religiously to make such a development important (diversity here being among different Christian sects mostly).

Religion has inspired people to do great things before even scientifically speaking. And I say this not only as basically an atheist, but someone raised irreligious. It's not really a crutch in all cases.

Anything can be treated like one though. Science like religion can be abused and distorted, best example being all that scientific racism that sprouted up in the late 1800's. The Nazis were deeply into that nonsense and lots of racist types still are. /pol/, stormfront etc. They all still use that stuff.
    And of course there's Communism. Officially atheistic, but chalk full of things that strongly resemble a religion. Including that promise of a future event thing you mentioned.

Don't think that's usually done thanks to the Wars of Religion (how topical!).
    Like "Big Progress Age #1 inadvertently leads to theological rebellion against Catholic church, oops horribly destructive 150 or so year period of massacres and World War 1 level conflict.
    Causes people to question lots of things which leads to Big Progress Age #2."
    So we have the existing superpower of Saudi Arabia throwing out this Wahhabi as the divine right. And that divine right is once again (the theme) promising us things in the future in order for us to throw out our logic and hearts in order to get it. Because people feel empty. And a lot of these people in these war torn "country smears" as you call them are fighting everyday to survive. It makes sense that ISIS could be seen as a savior to them. I mean, if I'm getting beat, my family is getting murdered, I've got next to nothing to my name, and then these guys come in and they're strong and organized it's going to be pretty easy to persuade me to back them up and believe their lies.

But this isn't what's getting us out. What's going to get people out, if we ever do, is realizing the futility in fighting wars and recognizing the reality of what we are. Yes there will always be conflict in life. But much of it we could essentially throw right out the window. Squash our beefs so to speak. Instead of focusing on things like revenge which perpetuate the cycle we need to instead switch over to doing what we can right now to make things better. Even if that means admitting there's nothing to do about a certain injustice.

Like you were saying with North Korea, the knee jerk reaction I felt is that we need to go in there and help these people. But that's not exactly the right thing to do as much as it sucks.

I say religion will fade because religion largely is a fear based item that qualifies the self as something separate. Something that needs to be protected by something greater than us. But the simple fact of the matter is that there is no self to preserve. One can whine and beat his/her fist on the ground and throw a tantrum but that doesn't change the facts. It won't do anything. Or we can accept our fate. And look around at what we have and play with it. This is the choice humans are going to have to make. Grow up or destroy ourselves. The future will be bright if we decide to grow up.

So we have the existing superpower of Saudi Arabia throwing out this Wahhabi as the divine right. And that divine right is once again (the theme) promising us things in the future in order for us to throw out our logic and hearts in order to get it.
    Promises have little to do with anything here. Wahhabi is dangerous because it's very puritanical. Inflexible. Intolerant. Regards text as to be taken literally, not open to discussion and interpretation.
    As far as promises I don't quite get your obsession on that part of religion? If anything that aspect is potentially an inspirer of apathy, not negative action.
    Also that discounts that lots of religions emphasize good works. Doing good deeds and being a good person. Some sects of Christianity in the US kind of don't do that anymore (maybe what you're used to, the ones that rabidly obsess with Jesus being the only way into heaven). But other sects certainly don't, Islam as a general rule doesn't either.
    And a lot of these people in these war torn "country smears" as you call them are fighting everyday to survive.
    Less that, then constantly mistrusting authority above them. Often times because that authority is literally a dictatorship. Add on to that paranoia that Western powers are behind those authorities (variously true or false depending).
    It makes sense that ISIS could be seen as a savior to them. I mean, if I'm getting beat, my family is getting murdered, I've got next to nothing to my name, and then these guys come in and they're strong and organized it's going to be pretty easy to persuade me to back them up and believe their lies.
    This is also true though yeah. It also explains Hamas and Hezbollah. Certainly Hamas. Not so much Al-Qaeda though, or all the international recruits of ISIS.
    But yeah, the local recruits of ISIS are usually poor Sunni Arabs who depending on the country they're in are literally being genocided (Syria) or severely marginalized and randomly attacked (Iraq). ISIS rose to initial power in Syria by being good at fighting the nasty Syrian government.
    But this isn't what's getting us out. What's going to get people out, if we ever do, is realizing the futility in fighting wars and recognizing the reality of what we are. Yes there will always be conflict in life. But much of it we could essentially throw right out the window. Squash our beefs so to speak. Instead of focusing on things like revenge which perpetuate the cycle we need to instead switch over to doing what we can right now to make things better. Even if that means admitting there's nothing to do about a certain injustice.
    Kind of super vague though don't you think? How does this unravel ISIS?

Promises have little to do with anything here. Wahhabi is dangerous because it's very puritanical. Inflexible. Intolerant. Regards text as to be taken literally, not open to discussion and interpretation.
    As far as promises I don't quite get your obsession on that part of religion? If anything that aspect is potentially an inspirer of apathy, not negative action.
    I would call apathy a contributor to negative action. Seems counter intuitive but it's just like the song freewill by Rush: If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Also that discounts that lots of religions emphasize good works. Doing good deeds and being a good person. Some sects of Christianity in the US kind of don't do that anymore (maybe what you're used to, the ones that rabidly obsess with Jesus being the only way into heaven). But other sects certainly don't, Islam as a general rule doesn't either.
    I feel like you kind of skipped up the last part of my post there. If you'll refer to that it explains this.

Less that, then constantly mistrusting authority above them. Often times because that authority is literally a dictatorship. Add on to that paranoia that Western powers are behind those authorities (variously true or false depending).
    Fear the government! Illuminati 420 fight the man

This is also true though yeah. It also explains Hamas and Hezbollah. Certainly Hamas. Not so much Al-Qaeda though, or all the international recruits of ISIS.
    But yeah, the local recruits of ISIS are usually poor Sunni Arabs who depending on the country they're in are literally being genocided (Syria) or severely marginalized and randomly attacked (Iraq). ISIS rose to initial power in Syria by being good at fighting the nasty Syrian government.
    Preservation of the self would be the absolute sole reason of any international recruits. Basically ISIS is saying this is the way to get to heaven, so hop on board, be a martyr and enjoy the benefits of choosing the right side.

....when in reality there is no side. Everyone's in it for themselves so to speak.

Kind of super vague though don't you think? How does this unravel ISIS?
    You cannot fight war. It is a self-defeating proposition. The only thing that will destroy ISIS is a massive shift in consciousness. Otherwise ISIS will find itself in other forms. I don't even know if that's the right thing to do. The universe is beyond our control and understanding. The best thing to do as I'm sure you already know is to make your own individual life better by following your dreams and aspirations. The dreams and aspirations of the real "you" that isn't seeking to preserve itself by comparison with others.

This all seems a little metaphysical for the news thread

i cant believe a solution for all the worlds problems appeared here on Arlong Park Forums. congratulations everyone, we did it

I would call apathy a contributor to negative action. Seems counter intuitive but it's just like the song freewill by Rush: If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
    Well yeah apathy can be bad of course, but you seem to be talking about the sort of religious problems that are active?

Fear the government! Illuminati 420 fight the man
    We're talking literal dictatorships and absolute monarchies here dude. Egypt...Syria...Saudi Arabia...Iran...etc. Saudi Arabia doesn't even have the illusion of a constitution and elected assembly. Literally just "King in charge".
    Or you're riffing on the Arabs in question? Eh, conspiracy theories are popular all around the world unfortunately.
    In some cases we do (and have) supported or tolerated some of the dictators in the area. Recently we've been better about it, but the Gulf States are still a blind spot.
    And support for Israel is no illusion certainly.

Even in Cyprus (neither Muslim nor Arab) there were some pretty popular conspiracy theory thinking. The idea that the US is 100% fine and supportive of Turkey exists there when they get angry at stuff. They aren't too critical of Russian propaganda either. Russia sells well there.
    I remember when Turkey shot down that Russian jet recently there was lots of anger that once again the US just lets Turkey do whatever it wants and supports it totes.
    To be fair to them, their country got all fucked up in 1974' because we literally did just shrug and allow Turkey to invade without protest (thanks Kissinger).
    Preservation of the self would be the absolute sole reason of any international recruits. Basically ISIS is saying this is the way to get to heaven, so hop on board, be a martyr and enjoy the benefits of choosing the right side.
    I think glory is the motivator. Lots of these recruits are young fools who hate their lives, hell some converted to Islam (ISISlam anyway) just out of excitement of some retard adventure in the desert. These are people who would be spree shooters, gang members, and fat internet /pol/ users in other circumstances.

....when in reality there is no side. Everyone's in it for themselves so to speak.
    Oh there's sides alright. ISIS is strange because they really aren't fighting in the civil war exactly, they're taking advantage of it to create their little wannabe country. Lots of them are not Syrian by this point, maybe even most.
    At this points what's happening to these young fools, is they're going to fight for glory for this utopian pure state... and end up dying to a nationalist army of Kurds whose cause they probably have no comprehension of.
    You cannot fight war. It is a self-defeating proposition. The only thing that will destroy ISIS is a massive shift in consciousness.
    Long term the approach to extremism is like that.
    But short term, ISIS must be physically confronted dude. This isn't like North Korea exactly, here something can be done. I don't think boots on the ground is the solution (it would be insanely stupid in fact). But we're doing what we can for now and it's working. Which is to support the Kurdish forces, who have been very successful in fighting ISIS. Who has been weakening nonstop since really a year now. Soon they'll have no more routes to the outside and will be surrounded by hostile forces. They will die.
    More troubling is the Syrian government, who should also be defeated...but LIKE North Korea there are many many issues with that happening.
    Otherwise ISIS will find itself in other forms. I don't even know if that's the right thing to do. The universe is beyond our control and understanding. The best thing to do as I'm sure you already know is to make your own individual life better by following your dreams and aspirations. The dreams and aspirations of the real "you" that isn't seeking to preserve itself by comparison with others.
    How is this beyond control and understanding though lol.
    Do you know who the Kurds are? That's something that can be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    i cant believe a solution for all the worlds problems appeared here on Arlong Park Forums. congratulations everyone, we did it
    Step 1: By unknown means, completely remove religion off the face of the earth and prevent every single human on the planet from coming up with a belief system that assigns events of unknown cause to a supreme being
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: World Peace

What the hell is going on?

I say religion will fade because religion largely is a fear based item that qualifies the self as something separate. Something that needs to be protected by something greater than us.
    Sure, if you ignore religion is steeped in spirituality, hope, love, curiosity, faith, beliefs, traditions, identity, etc...and people look to religion for guidance as well as protection. You can throw fear in there too but if you're betting on religion fading away simply on people becoming 'less afraid' you don't understand much about religion and the people who follow it. If religion is going to fade, as it is doing in the west, there's going to be a myriad of reasons. Not the 'enlightened westerners' argument. More like being irreligious is more acceptable in today's society so the religious population will inevitably decline as more people feel comfortable not identifying or sticking with something they don't believe in. Adding on to that it's just becoming more acceptable to not be religious, period, so there's less people being added on to the religious population. How about increased skepticism? Influence of culture? Gradual decline of the influence and spread of religious ideas?

Don't count on religion fading away to where it's a virtually meaningless tradition of a bygone era though. I'm talking about "fading" as being "not as popular"

But the simple fact of the matter is that there is no self to preserve. One can whine and beat his/her fist on the ground and throw a tantrum but that doesn't change the facts. It won't do anything. Or we can accept our fate. And look around at what we have and play with it. This is the choice humans are going to have to make. Grow up or destroy ourselves. The future will be bright if we decide to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    What the hell is going on?
    Is hell even real, man? We want your opinions and thoughts on the meaning of life.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Is hell even real, man? We want your opinions and thoughts on the meaning of life.
    Then go listen to some Alan Watts lectures. Guys, I'm not the crazy smart intellectual you all believe me to be. I'm sorry 2 let u down.

Then go listen to some Alan Watts lectures. Guys, I'm not the crazy smart intellectual you all believe me to be. I'm sorry 2 let u down.
    I am not the least bit let down.
    Everything's Eventual...

You cannot fight war. It is a self-defeating proposition. The only thing that will destroy ISIS is a massive shift in consciousness. .
    And how do you plan on achieving that?

Most of the "solutions" you have suggested aren't practical in real life situations or generalized to the core. This isn't an utopia where humans proceed with a unified though process and agree with the best solutions to solve all of the world's problems. It isn't going to happen in the near future either so providing vague solutions are the easiest way of ignoring the actual problems without retrospecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    This all seems a little metaphysical for the news thread
    All this conversation needs now is some trance music and freshly brewed ayahuasca
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    And how do you plan on achieving that?
    Pretty much it either happens or we go extinct. It's not going to be a human's achievement. There's not going to be some brilliant master plan to save all of us. It is all up to the individual to realize these things and let go of the fear.

Monkey King is totally right about ISIS btw you cannot just roll over and take it that isn't noble it's just really stupid. I initially just wanted to point out how awful the porn industry is for our minds and that we all need to take a real good look at what we're feeding our minds. This thing is blowing up though so I'm going to stop responding because I was just allowed back into this thread and do not plan on getting banned from it immediately.

But the hostility is absolutely incredible.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information