+ Reply to Thread
Page 429 of 892 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 529 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,580 of 17838

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Let's be clear, when I say Saudi, I am not talking about citizens in the kingdom, I am talking about the trash ruling them and the war scholars.

Quote Originally Posted by NER View Post
    ...No one (at least no one notable with a cult following as the ones I mentioned) called for Jihad against Syria or whatever that's just bullshit....
    I am not sure whether you are joking or serious. Because what's happening in Syria is Saudi/Qatar/Turkey work all over the place. What happened in Algeria years ago, was Saudi work all over the place. And all that shit started with CIA jihad in Afghanistan, the same Jihad promoted by the Saudi scholars. Now, you can deny the fact that this very notion started in Saudi Arabia, financed from there and still, officially or not. And as I told you, the only thing for me that is arguable is whether they are doing it for themselves or being ordered to do it.

....Saudi been under attack by these terriosts several times....
    Yeah, likewise France, Spain and other countries. I am not talking about terrorism that makes casualties from time to time, no I am talking about terrorism that destroys countries foundations, sets them back tens of years back in time. Saudi suffered may be tens of victims, which is sad, but I am talking about Saudi terrorism causing hundreds of thousands of victims. And when you say, Saudi suffered, do you mean people or the royal family?

3- Who does it belong to?
    Not the Saudi people for sure, but the trash family part of it and the remaining goes to the bosses. But this is not specific to Saudi Arabia, every single weak stupid country that has some useful natural resources must give it away or suffer some colored revolution.

4- What do you think the 48 men were charged for? They were executed for the same thing you are saying that the Saudi government supports.
    For opposing the trash family, which they considered terrorism. I would believe they are against terrorism the day they start working against it, stop supporting shit in Syria, Iraq, Yemen. When they start standing up for the oppressed muslims around the world, now that they are part of the G20: like the rohingyas and Palestinians (whom they completely forgot). But since they are complete dogs and assholes, it is just wishful thinking and I am hoping they'll taste someday what they have been doing to others.

Also, what does the rulers of the other countries have to do with this?
    I don't even have to answer this part, the post above mine gives you an answer.

Please link to news articles rather than blog pieces in this thread. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Question is, what thread would be better? "What are you reading right now" or is there a gen. literature thread?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokerSan View Post
    Hello,

what are you talking about? No credibility? The world's governments do not seem to agree with you: Check this or this. When you are an ally or a friend to a super-power or a super-power, you can do pretty much everything and anything, no laws will hold you. Better, you'll be given credit by giving you lead over Human Rights council or a nobel prize.
    That's not the same as credibility.
    Saudi Arabia is the ultimate example of an ally of convenience and nothing more for almost all countries aside from some of the local ones.
    Credibility would imply something deeper than that, be it cultural, historical, or a general sense of trusting a certain country in some respect.
    Saudi Arabia has oil and lots of it, that's the basis of pretty much everything. And though a heavy heavy heavy thing in of itself, it's also a shallow one.
    It is a grudging alliance.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by LegendarySSJ4 View Post
    Sudan, U.A.E and Bahrain have also taken actions against Iran.

Bahrain's situation is interesting, given that the majority of it's population are indeed Shia Muslims.
    But the monarchy who rules it is Sunni, and no this is not a constitutional monarchy or even a halfsies monarchy like Kuwait has.

Uh.. I thought I'd check this thread to see... the reaction. And now that I did, I don't really know what I expected really..

I don't know a whole lot about this execution business but I am going to state some stuff that I am 100% certain of and I am ready to provide resources if any of you ask me to:
    The executions were carried out with disregard for the religious backgrounds. Shia or Sunna. The people executed were all parts of terrorist cells or have supported them with either money or moral (more like religious?) encouragement, and the two biggest names, Al-namer and Fares Al-zarani, who were Shia and Sunna respectively, were publicly encouraging the murder of the Saudi police and the royal families. Fares wrote books explaining why all members of the Saudi forces are infidels and that whoever kills them will go to heaven. Al-Namer shouted more than once that the Saudi soil belongs to Iran and that sooner or later Iran will take whats rightfully theirs. there are videos of them stating these ideas and pdf files of the books Fares wrote and those are available everywhere.

Iran wasn't mad about the execution of the 48 men, they were specifically mad about the killing of the 4 Shia terrorists starring Al-namer. prior to the storming that happened to the Saudi embassy in Iran they even changed the name of the street the embassy is on to the name of Al-namer.

So yeah. Saudi weren't targeting a specific religious group. How could that be the case when 44 of the executed men were Sunna?

Now, I kind of understand that there are lots of people who are mad at the acts of executions themselves. And about that, I don't know what to say. If the 48 men were truly terrorists and have all either participated in acts of terrorism or were proven to have been planning to, I think killing them was justified. I know I am going to get lynched for saying all of that, but yeah.. Sorry.

I think the real disaster isn't the execution of these people, but the things that led to it happening. The point where extremists were allowed to go and preach and selfishly announce that the killing of others will grant you an eternity in heaven. The fact that these people were allowed to say and do what they wanted to for all this time is the reason we are where we are right now.
    About Iran and what happened to the Saudi embassy there: just check how many times have Iran assulted foriegn embassies in Iran. they are pretty much just used to doing this by now lol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...matic_missions
    I think the real issue aside from this is it's kind of self-condemning thing to execute extremist preachers, when Saudi is the number one exporter of extremist preachers.
    Also what exactly did Nimer preacher? I'm seeing some heavy stuff, but not even violent stuff. Mostly Saudi-Shia nationalist talk. Which especially considering the tone of non-violence in the things he was preaching during the protests...uh how can you justify that with a death sentence? Let alone even imprisonment?
    It seems the information between us if very different, and no offense but those of outside the KSA are pretty much 100% definitely getting better information.
    If making non-violent calls for secession is worth execution (the most extreme thing he did from what I can find), then...
    ...do you support the Spanish government militarily occupying Catalonia and executing secessionist politicians?
    ...the British government arresting and executing the entire SNP political party from Scotland?
    ...the US government rounding up anyone who talks about Texas departing?
    ...a return to policies that excluded groups like Sinn Fein from Northern Irish politics?

His rhetoric is all the shades of the black civil rights movement in the US 60's, parts MLK, parts Malcolm X (actually LESS extreme than X since he appears to not support violent self-defense)... I mean sorry but I can't actually blame Iranians for rioting over this at your embassy. As to him being some Iranian toadie, that's kind of a silly accusation on a guy who also took the time to condemn the Syrian government and Iran's hypocritical backing of them. Which actually is a non-sectarian stance, showing a fundamental interest in resisting oppression and not just one's own group's oppression. A true sectarian would have been like "hahaha, die Syrian Sunnis! Shia power! Shia supremacy! Go Assad!" .

And killing Sunni alongside Shia doesn't at all make there not sectarian elements to this. It's just also a reminder that at the end of the day your government is on it's own side and is fundamentally MORE afraid of the Shia population than the Sunni one, but still afraid of anyone in the population.

Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post
    those idiots who attacked embassy took a great chance from iran
    Only if you were really focused on peace in the Gulf.
    If you're worried about this negatively effecting the world's perception and thawing process with Iran? Eh, not so much.
    That would require the world's relations with Saudi Arabia to be more than "oil" and involve some emotional connection or narrative like Israel benefits from.

why sudan has closed irans embassy

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Only if you were really focused on peace in the Gulf.
    If you're worried about this negatively effecting the world's perception and thawing process with Iran? Eh, not so much
    That would require the world's relations with Saudi Arabia to be more than "oil" and involve some emotional connection or narrative like Israel benefits from.
    what peace until there is oil in middle east there will be no peace

I think they have close ties to Saudi Arabia, the core population of Sudan is Sunni Arab...and also surrounded in edge provinces by non-Arab (and before South Sudan left non-Muslim) populations who want to secede in various degrees.

what peace until there is oil in middle east there will be no peace
    In trying to figure out why the Middle East is the only place where Cold War style things continue it really does keep coming back to oil in many ways. Not the only thing, but it plays a major role in western toleration and even backing and allying with dictatorships (and Russian interest in the same).

Sad thing is, if alternative energy really catches on and oil becomes irrelevant that will in the short term lead to more violence. The gulf monarchies would mostly collapse and I doubt that would transition into peace with the economic base vanished.
    Russia would also collapse, which would potentially lead to extreme violence from Eastern Europe all the way to the Pacific.
    Last edited by Monkey King; January 5th, 2016 at 07:18 AM.

I think they have close ties to Saudi Arabia, the core population of Sudan is Sunni Arab...and also surrounded in edge provinces by non-Arab (and before South Sudan left non-Muslim) populations who want to secede in various degrees.
    still most useless action people are making jokes from it

still most useless action people are making jokes from it
    Yeah pretty much, Sudan is a pariah state whose president/dictator can't visit many countries without fear of being arrested and sent to the UN's war crimes tribunal.
    Also it's a poor poophole like Yemen or somesuch.

Yeah pretty much, Sudan is a pariah state whose president/dictator can't visit many countries without fear of being arrested and sent to the UN's war crimes tribunal...
    They are doing it either for money or to gain some of the Saudi "credibility", nothing more, nothing less. It's the same as having the likes of Senegal and Morocco in a 34 countries coalition against the poorest country in the world, namely Yemen.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokerSan View Post
    They are doing it either for money or to gain some of the Saudi "credibility", nothing more, nothing less. It's the same as having the likes of Senegal and Morocco in a 34 countries coalition against the poorest country in the world, namely Yemen.
    A country as poor and self-marginalized as Sudan needs to cling to a somewhat powerful outsider when they can, and Sudan has found the Saudis for this.

The new opposition national Parliament is about to get sworn in. Nothing bad to report.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

A country as poor and self-marginalized as Sudan needs to cling to a somewhat powerful outsider when they can, and Sudan has found the Saudis for this.
    Yes, exactly. And most probably for money as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Question is, what thread would be better? "What are you reading right now" or is there a gen. literature thread?
    Ok I'm really sorry guys, I'll keep blogs about news in my own little writing thread. Sorry about that :)

All of them have a very liberal look on Islam and
    Uh...I don't think any Gulf state could be remotely categorized as liberal on religion. Least of all yours. Including the leaders yeah.
    When I think liberal Islamic states I think like Azerbaijan...Bosnia...Turkey kind of...North Cyprus...Kazakhstan...Indonesia kinda...
    Yours is one of the most conservative parts of the entire Ummah. Even poor Muslim African states can be more loose on stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    It seems to me Supernova was posting from their own blog, so perhaps a personal thread in the writing area of the creative sub-forums would make sense.

Otherwise, if a blog from a random third party, I guess your suggestions would make most sense.

Edit: wait, supernova already said just as much. Carry along... @_@

Obama announced today, well, "officially" announced today his plans to enforce gun control through executive action. Here are some of the basics of his plan. In picture format.

Spoiler:

A hefty endeavor. Oh the controversy of improving and expanding background checks. Literally the worst part of this is that the whole thing has to be done by executive action and thus its implementation is prey to legal challenges that don't challenge the merits or actions of the law but rather the president's power, so the law can be undone not based on how it's doing but how it was implemented.

Actually, based on who might be challenging this law people might actually make legal challenges against what the law wants to do too...
    Everything's Eventual...

I don't doubt that there will be legal challenges to these moves but they're all expansions or slight alterations of things that are already in place and that have been challenged before and upheld.

Not that established precedent means anything to conservative judges these days if its contrary to what they personally want of course.
    Complicating things since 2009.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35240012

North Korea announces succesful hydrogen bomb test

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information