+ Reply to Thread
Page 389 of 892 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 439 489 889 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 17840

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Not likely no lol.
    Well it's just my wild guess so let's see how it goes
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

it's out of the question.
    But what's the alternative? Syria is a complete mess. After their adventure in Iraq the US failed marvelously in establishing a proper military there. And I'm waiting for three years for the West and Russia to come to an agreement regarding Assad.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    But what's the alternative? Syria is a complete mess. After their adventure in Iraq the US failed marvelously in establishing a proper military there. And I'm waiting for three years for the West and Russia to come to an agreement regarding Assad.
    I'm being sarcastic. Fuck Sultan Baby.

Wrong. The Iraqi Kurds are arguably even stronger and organized than the Syrian Kurds, plus they don't have Turkey being hostile to them.
    The city just captured (where they found the mass graves) is in Iraq.
    There are other issues with the Iraqi Kurdistan...that it has authoritarian leadership...is more hostile to the Arabs (thanks Saddam!) etc.
    But weakness is not one of them.
    ISIS is located mostly in north Iraq, so they have that proximity anyway. True the Kurds couldn't really go after the ISIS presence in west Iraq (Anbar) but if ISIS had suffered the corresponding losses from both Kurd groups? By that point there wouldn't be a whole lot left of them, and even the Iraqi army could probably finish them off.
    Yeah, when I said the North I was refering to the whole area in Syria and Iraq with Kurd majority, and when I asked for Iraq, it was the non-kurd/Shia zone not dominated by Isis.
    One of my concerns is that, if the kurds managed to get back some territory in the "west Iraq (Anbar)" like you said, what kind of reaction could the Iraquian government have about it.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post
    Well it's just my wild guess so let's see how it goes
    Nah, 2 super powers and France vs some caged animals that can used Iphones won´t be enough for that.
    Only if some serious accident between the US and Russia happens, that might even be remotely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Yeah, when I said the North I was refering to the whole area in Syria and Iraq with Kurd majority, and when I asked for Iraq, it was the non-kurd/Shia zone not dominated by Isis.
    There is no Shia zone in the north of either country.
    One of my concerns is that, if the kurds managed to get back some territory in the "west Iraq (Anbar)" like you said, what kind of reaction could the Iraquian government have about it.
    The Kurds aren't touching Anbar, it's would require border crossing and great distance. The Iraqi government is already upset about them trying to become independent but there's not a lot they can do about it. The entire ISIS episode has proven what a broken non-state Iraq is.

There is no Shia zone in the north of either country.

The Kurds aren't touching Anbar, it's would require border crossing and great distance. The Iraqi government is already upset about them trying to become independent but there's not a lot they can do about it. The entire ISIS episode has proven what a broken non-state Iraq is.
    Big Image
    Spoiler:

In a map like this (slightly outdated), wouldn´t getting back the zones near Tikrit (by the kurds) already be considered outstepping the boundaries? Or are they simply focusing more on the Mosul/Hawija zone?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Big Image
    In a map like this (slightly outdated), wouldn´t getting back the zones near Tikrit (by the kurds) already be considered outstepping the boundaries? Or are they simply focusing more on the Mosul/Hawija zone?
    It would be outstepping, and there has been. But that's the frontier for ISIS and not a major area.
    Mosul is the big prize. If ISIS lost Mosul that would be the end of them in Iraq.

And in other (possibly connected?) news, weapons were stolen from an Army Reserve in Worcester, MA.
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/11/1...Z_|_CBS_Boston

6 semi-automatic rifles and 10 pistols. Not enough to do Paris-level damage, but plenty to play havoc in an attack. The question is, IS it connected? Or is it some other douchebag(s) taking advantage of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    And in other (possibly connected?) news, weapons were stolen from an Army Reserve in Worcester, MA.

6 semi-automatic rifles and 10 pistols. Not enough to do Paris-level damage, but plenty to play havoc in an attack. The question is, IS it connected? Or is it some other douchebag(s) taking advantage of the situation.
    Either way, this isn't good and how did the military make such a blunder??
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

What were the security doing?
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

No idea. It's just fucking unbelievable.

No idea. It's just fucking unbelievable.
    What's bad is the amount of video coverage of the stolen firearms is close to nonexistent. It's just unbelievable like you said....
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

What I'm more disturbed about ISIS is something that is so anti-500 years of social rights, they want to return slavery. Just because its in the holy text. Is this true or did I got misinformed?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Who would feel disturbed at this? Muslims who live peacefully all around the world are the ones that should be very angry that a bunch of fanatics are using their religion in their name and withour their consent. In the long run this is only going to fragment the Islam in two opposite sides.
    Muslims around the world are not whole entity and it is already fragmented for centuries. The thing is, muslims are the main victims of these fanatics. I am not comparing the sufferings or anything, but the numbers say so. I know, because of what happened in Algeria during 10 whole dark years and still. During those years, more than 100.000 people lost their lives to them.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    ...they want to return slavery. Just because its in the holy text...
    No, freeing people from slavery is in the holy text, not enslaving people. What these animals are doing is completely inhuman. Just think a little bit, Islam has been around for more than 14 centuries. Even if there were some wars between muslims and others and between muslims against each other, there was really a peaceful cohabitations with other ethnic groups. As a simple example, is Syria, there is this Christians people who still speak the language of the Christ. They were there until these animals came even though the majority of people in Syria are muslim. The same goes for all muslim countries. Things changed in the recent decades, with the problems in Israel/Palestine and then Afghanistan and with the help of the Wahabi doctrine promoted by Saudi Arabia.

Considering how the bible demands stoning for mixing threads and cultivars, there's crazy shit in the first draft of those things.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

What I'm more disturbed about ISIS is something that is so anti-500 years of social rights, they want to return slavery. Just because its in the holy text. Is this true or did I got misinformed?
    The difference between Al Qaeda and ISIS is that ISIS interprets lot of things from the Quran (Courtesy to their higher ups who dictate based on their own form of theology unlike Al Qaeda's higher ups). The problem is, most of the holy books present in all the major religions have something bad in their books

Sample quote from the Bible for pro-slavery

Levicticus 25: 44 - 46
    As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are around you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their clans that are with you, who have been born in your land, and they may be your property. You may bequeath them to your sons after you to inherit as a possession forever. You may make slaves of them, but over your brothers the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another ruthlessly.
    As per the quote the Bible clearly supports slavery but multiple statements in it condone it of course. The problem is, people pick up statements like these and interpret it to the way they want it. Lunatic theologians or more specifically people like Abu Bakr (he has a PhD in Islamic studies) utilize such verses to their own needs. Classic book thumping fundamentalism. To know more about the Islamic view about slavery, it will take quite a lot of time to understand what was mentioned due to the ambiguity, the time when it was written and the reason behind why it was written that way

More importantly, we are at a point in time where human ethics aren't strictly guided by their holy books anymore. No matter what any book says, it doesn't make sense to justify any sort of wrongdoing unless people just want to enjoy hurting others which ISIS clearly likes wanking off to
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

So, in the end, was ISIS actually armed by USA? Did they steal from people armed by USA?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So, in the end, was ISIS actually armed by USA? Did they steal from people armed by USA?
    The answer is definitely: Yes. But willingly or not, is a matter of discussion. But not only the USA, France also did. The French president confessed so. Of course, they did not give the weapons directly to ISIS, but to other terrorist groups, but all the weapons ended up in the hands of ISIS. Syria and Iraq in particular and the middle east in general is a playground for a lot of countries with different agenda. And it is really a playground, the sad thing is that actual people are dying.
    Last edited by SmokerSan; November 16th, 2015 at 06:50 AM.

Summary: When the US attacked Iraq, many people got screwed over and started plotting insurgencies against the interim government. This included ex-Iraqi soldiers, ex-ministers and a faction of Al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) led by Al Zarqawi. They soon started revolting against the Shiite Iraqi gov't. It soon blew up as a Sunni-Shai sect violence which soon boiled over and as a result ISIS officially formed during the early 2010's. Of course, Assad suppressing the Arab Spring rebellion didn't help as some of the Sunnis joined ISIS too. So basically, although the place was quite "stable" under Saddam, it was destabilized once the US invaded it. Hence the blame.
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Saw some shots of the aftermath of the bombing. Pretty brutal, and the fact there were some fanatic assholes there means France really hit their strategic points.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information