+ Reply to Thread
Page 387 of 892 FirstFirst ... 287 337 377 385 386 387 388 389 397 437 487 887 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,740 of 17840

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Appearantly last thursday a man was stopped in Germany/Bavaria on his way to Paris who had his car boot full of weapons, TNT you name it. But it's just speculation that he's connected to the attacks.

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

And just when I thought things were calming down a bit, Islamophobia is going to rear its ugly head again bigtime. Right wing FB pages are lapping this up to incite more hatred everywhere
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

I just hope people remember that the entire reason we have so many refugees in the first place is because they're escaping situations like these.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

I don't get the plan of ISIS here. Russian airlines, Beirut and now this in quick succession? I mean it wasn't just random that the specific location where the Germany vs England game happened was targeted hence providing ample amount of propaganda
    Last edited by xan; November 14th, 2015 at 10:12 AM.
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

bad news one after another

Increased islamaphobia and attacks against immigrants is inevitable. It always happens after attacks like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if spates of violence against random Muslims around Europe increased after this attack. Or against, you know, just any 'refugee looking' person who can be visually or acoustically identified as Muslim and/or foreign. There's no justification for the people who do this except that they're "mad" and the people they do it to "all deserve it because they're all in collusion". Sadly enough, that's the same logic these extremists use against the people they harm.

Not to be dismayed though there are a lot more people all around France who you'll hear stories about in the coming days who are offering sheltr, hope, love, and comfort to anybody who was affected in any way by this tragedy. No matter what they look like, their religion, their skin color, or their background. For a certain period of time (and maybe that time has long passed by now) people in Paris and the rest of France, to a certain extent, will feel a little fear walking around their streets, but they won't let that fear corrode their senses and take their anger out on innocent people. They know that this senseless violence harms everybody and immigrants, refugees, muslims, etc... need comfort and preotection too, especially from more senseless reactionary/retaliation violence . That's what I believe the majority of people in France and the rest of Europe feel too.

So to them I thank them and say remain strong so that a tragedy doesn't turn into another.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    I don't get the plan of ISIS here. Russian airlines, Beirut and now this in quick succession? I mean it wasn't just random that the specific location where the Germany vs England game happened was targeted hence providing ample amount of propaganda
    Actually it's been suggested that this could very well be their aim: increasing Islamophobia by attacking civilian targets in places like France and Russians serves as the ultimate recruitment drive showing radicals that their the new Jihadist big boys, replacing Al-Qaeda and making the world tremble, along with their stated aim of hitting France for its campaign in Syria. Most importantly, just like Al-Qaeda did with 9/11, to justify their grandiose vision of history and their place in it by committing such horrors in places like France where Islamophobia is already an issues and stoking the flames of the right-wing to retaliate against Muslims which in turn will justify ISIL's Us-vs Them mentality and get more Muslims flocking to their banner.

Quote Originally Posted by firelord111 View Post
    bad news one after another
    I'm kind of shocked they haven't managed to bomb Iran yet. Though I would guess Iran has heavy duty security in general.

Well not only are the Iranians past masters at developing and nurturing militant Islamic groups and tactics (I mean Shia groups such as Hezbollah in the 80s pioneered suicide bombings as an acceptable militant tactic after all) but they've also been fighting a decades long insurrection by the ostensibly Sunni Mujahedin e-Khalq group ( no slouches either in terror), with considerable success (one Iranian commando operation saw them seizing the leader of the group while in he was in transit in mid-air)

What happened in Paris was terrifying and sad. The ISIS are now seriously showing that they mean business. If only if countries had taken them seriously back in 2014, this would not likely had happen. Now the world is going to really go to war with them for good
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Wild birds choose love over food
    "Wild birds will sacrifice access to food in order to stay close to their partner over the winter, according to a study by Oxford University researchers."

Just guessing... But if they had gone with the same heading as the research paper, "Experimental Evidence that Social Relationships Determine Individual Foraging Behavior", this wouldn't have gotten spread around as much. :v

http://www.wsj.com/articles/attacker...way-1447520571

Apparently, the explosions that could be heard outside the stadium during the soccer match stemmed from a couple of terrorists who were trying to enter the stadium, intending to set off their explosive vests inside to set off a mass panic. Thankfully, the guards were alert enough to stop them from entering. Who knows how many hundreds more would have possibly died otherwise?

Discovered Stowaway

According to CNN the death toll stands at 129 and 352 people wounded. Also the situation could have been a lot worst if the security guards didn't prevent the terrorists from entering the soccer stadium.

Now the FN (basically a fascist political lobby here in France) will be gaining tons of popularity. This just joins the vicious circle of hatred (a perfect example is the link posted by Cyclone_Baroness), and thing is, this circle has started long ago ; to come to the root of the problem, we need to clear out was caused all this terrorism in the first place.

There is no good side nor bad side, good or bad people ; only events, the reactions, and the consequences, leading to tragedy. And then, it starts all over again.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    Now the FN (basically a fascist political lobby here in France) will be gaining tons of popularity. This just joins the vicious circle of hatred (a perfect example is the link posted by Cyclone_Baroness), and thing is, this circle has started long ago ; to come to the root of the problem, we need to clear out was caused all this terrorism in the first place.

There is no good side nor bad side, good or bad people ; only events, the reactions, and the consequences, leading to tragedy. And then, it starts all over again.

I agree for the most part on what you said. However as you stated it's a circle of hatred and with a circle there is no beginning or end, and cutting that circle will take a long time. I think defeating ISIS will take many decades at least, and unfortunately even when ISIS is defeated totally, a new terrorist group will most likely take its place so the Islamic extremist's religious values won't die.

IMO ISIS like other terror groups have two things going for it: hatred towards people who they think threaten what they call their religious beliefs and that hatred is being brainwash to their children and impressionable youths. Also ISIS is thriving on support from social media as well. Also ISIS has an incredible amount of money available to them so they can carry out their terroristic deeds. I remember watching a news article from the PBS Newshour about how ISIS has a black market of valuable and ancient goods that they steal from archeology sites predominately from Syria.

If people were serious about stopping groups like this, they would be serious in ensuring a lack of power vacuums in the Middle East. Not letting a horrible war like Syria's fester into the circumstances like todays. Or giving Libya tons and tons of help and aid to reconstruct itself.

French officials admitted that "Radicalization" has been a growing problem and did not know how to stop it. That just means easy pickings for recruitment for a group like IS.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    If people were serious about stopping groups like this, they would be serious in ensuring a lack of power vacuums in the Middle East. Not letting a horrible war like Syria's fester into the circumstances like todays. Or giving Libya tons and tons of help and aid to reconstruct itself.
    Edit: I'm not sure why but it's difficult for me to understand people here but easy for me outside this thread. That's just strange.

Yes, people not taking things seriously has been a big issues in today's society. Had the ISIS have been taken care of back in 2013, had Assad been overthrown with foreign help, have we helped Libya then this mess would not have happen
    Last edited by joekido the Second; November 14th, 2015 at 08:43 PM.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information