+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 893 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 415 465 865 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,300 of 17845

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

  1. #7281

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    The reason why I find that argument incredibly stupid, is because you could say that about ANYTHING. "People will find a way to drive illegally so we don't need a license system" "People will find a way to break into a building if they really try anyways, so any form of theft prevention is pointless".

    They always try to shift the argument to 0 or 1, instead of you know, realistically accessing that the issue here is simply reduction of these incidents, not making it "impossible to happen".
    Right and the reason it is so easy for these people to get guns is because they are so available. Crews here in Illinois head out from Chicago to the smaller cities and raid gunstores on the regular. You can get a Desert Eagle for like 20 dollars if you just find a desperate enough crack addict, who's broken into a house or a car and stolen one. It's really a desperate pipedream to consider an America without any guns whatsoever, one can only hope.

  2. #7282

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    There's an article in the Onion on this. (And yes, I know its a satire) It's short.

    http://www.theonion.com/article/no-w...larly-ha-51443

    Make sure you read after it, to the article posted a few months earlier.

    And then again, to the article posted a year ago.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  3. #7283
    The Album Guy Nobodyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia, US

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Just so we're clear, the US is the most heavily armed country in the world. By, like, a huge margin.

    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/--100617

    But apparently we need more, according to the Republicans

  4. #7284

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    But apparently we need more, according to the Republicans
    The 2nd Amendment is the only amendment, after all.





  5. #7285

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Jameswuds View Post
    The argument is usually that illegalizing guns won't serve any purpose because ''the people who shoot schools will find weapons anyway''.
    Except no? There's a huge difference between organized crime syndicates or a hit man or something, and a disturbed teenager who just readily had access to a gun (because a family member owned one, etc). It's super delusional to imagine that everyone would be out finding illegal channels to get firearms.

  6. #7286

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    the argument that 'people will find a way' or 'things will be worse' if there's more gun control is kind of odd to me because we've never actually done it before so who's to say it wont work? "there needs to be more people with guns" like i fucking trust some rando on the street with a gun. i dont even trust the guy i'm driving next to on the street


  7. #7287
    Swole Chihuahua Rogues' Gallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Writing my Novel

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Whenever a devastating school shooting like this happens, the phrase that I usually hear thrown out by right-wing gun advocates is that "this wouldn't have happened if the teachers and faculty staff were allowed to carry guns inside the school".

    Like, what?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    Someone married their stepmom and then got murdered?
    Sounds like he used a monkey paw to make a porno story come true.
    Then the curse of the paw eventually killed him.

  8. #7288

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    the argument that 'people will find a way' or 'things will be worse' if there's more gun control is kind of odd to me because we've never actually done it before so who's to say it wont work? "there needs to be more people with guns" like i fucking trust some rando on the street with a gun. i dont even trust the guy i'm driving next to on the street
    There's was a story the other day about a guy serving in the armed forces being told he'd have to leave the gun he brought into a Waffle House in his car (due to Waffle House having a loosely enforced policy about firearms in their establishments). Someone mentioned that if something bad were to go down the soldier would be equipped to properly deal any threats in the restaurant. The response in my head is "have you seen the incidents where these guys have lost their shit and wound up gunning down innocent people?"

    Just because he's a soldier doesn't make him a safe person to be around by default especially if he's suffering through PSTD or something. Incidentally though the soldier caused a scene in the restaurant prior to this and had to be escorted off the premises by cops who just happened to be there, something that just screams trouble waiting to happen.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; October 2nd, 2015 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  9. #7289

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues' Gallery View Post
    Whenever a devastating school shooting like this happens, the phrase that I usually hear thrown out by right-wing gun advocates is that "this wouldn't have happened if the teachers and faculty staff were allowed to carry guns inside the school".

    Like, what?
    If more people in the building had guns, wouldn't there be a stronger chance someone would accidentally (or purposely!!!!) shoot someone else?

    Seriously, I remember a couple of articles where kids ~4-6 get a hold of their dad's gun or something and....shoot another kid. *shivers*





  10. #7290
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Where the dank memes gather

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Oh. And more info about the 4chan post regarding the shooting. Specifically, the thread itself in question.


    Hidden:




    And my assumption was wrong, he didn't post it on /b/, but rather /r9k/. Which just so happens to be the board I hate the most on any of the "chans". It's a sad, pathetic, and appalling place.

  11. #7291

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    If you like cats or pets in general this might make you seethe with rage, even more so if you work with animals for a living.

    http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/texa...se-to-practice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  12. #7292

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreato View Post
    And my assumption was wrong, he didn't post it on /b/, but rather /r9k/. Which just so happens to be the board I hate the most on any of the "chans". It's a sad, pathetic, and appalling place.
    All of 4chan seems like a very very unsettling place....then again I'm not too familar with each board division.

    I actually saw a picture of that thread in the newspaper today.





  13. #7293
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Where the dank memes gather

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    All of 4chan seems like a very very unsettling place....then again I'm not too familar with each board division.

    I actually saw a picture of that thread in the newspaper today.
    Eh, it can be. But at least most boards have a purpose or at least dual quality:

    *(NOTE: "Autism" is basically chan lingo for any socially oblivious or warped views about behavior, one's self, and others)


    /b/ being "random" board was nothing more than a shitpost board since it's inception. No one had any other expectations for it. The people who hang out there usually just post intentionally shocking or edgy things (gore, racisim, ect) for the sake of it. Though it can have it's absolutely hilarious, if perhaps a little dubious, moments.



    /pol/ is a gathering ground for all kinds of extremists. Racists, conspiracy nuts, the usual. Again. No other expectations whatsoever. It's become filled with people who just want to see how for they can get the "happenings" going.



    /v/ sometimes stops hating viddya every once and a while to have a discussion, and they USUALLY stick to just viddya gaems.



    /a/ when not being complete nostalga blind weaboos can be a fun experience if not for the high Autism* levels.



    /mlp/ and /pone/ are just like any other mlp:fim boards. With three distinctions; 4chan was actually the origin of the MLP fanbase as we know it today (what boosted it's popularity way back when it started), there's a shit ton of in fighting, and lots and lots of porn. Pretty normal stuff, though it shares the same Autism* level as /a/.


    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

    /r9k/ however is a complete and utter mess. It has long abandoned it's original intent and become a board centered around an echo-chamber of social incompetence, self loathing, and has an Autism* level that dwarfs that of /a/ and /mlp/ combined. Anyone who goes there seriously is most likely a social reject with no social skills and a deep loathing for themselves and everyone else. Being a degenerate is encouraged and all problems in their lives are blamed on "normies". "Pepe the Frog" and "Feels guy" got their popularity from the board, but they have seem to escaped direct association with it.

    It's a shit board that fills me with so much pity, disgust, and genuine cringe that I try to distance myself from it as much as I can.
    Last edited by Thegreato; October 2nd, 2015 at 03:53 PM.

  14. #7294

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Except no? There's a huge difference between organized crime syndicates or a hit man or something, and a disturbed teenager who just readily had access to a gun (because a family member owned one, etc). It's super delusional to imagine that everyone would be out finding illegal channels to get firearms.
    It is, especially since these kids usually live pretty sheltered lives. I don't imagine a disturbed kid with poor social skills to be able to make a trip to the ghetto and buy himself a gun from a twitching drug addict.

  15. #7295
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Remember the Hero, not the Gunman:
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...DB&via=FB_Page

    Also, Kim Davis is a sneaky bitch. But we knew that.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...lerk-kim-davis

  16. #7296

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    So Kim Davis saysw "The Pope totally endorses my bullshit!"

    And then the Vatican goes "uhm, no. He doesn't."

    is she going to call the Pope a liar now?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  17. #7297

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    why would she go visit the pope
    does she not get protestantism

  18. #7298
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    why would she go visit the pope
    does she not get protestantism
    Cause she's a sneaky bitch.

  19. #7299

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Cause she's a sneaky bitch.
    I disagree with calling her that and the demonization.

  20. #7300

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    So Kim Davis saysw "The Pope totally endorses my bullshit!"

    And then the Vatican goes "uhm, no. He doesn't."

    is she going to call the Pope a liar now?
    Or accuse him of supporting the sinners' lifestyle?





+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts