+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 892 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 390 440 840 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 17840

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    If you want truly irrelevant pettiness, it would be pointing out Monkey King's frequent misuse of its vs. it's.
    Whoa now, Foolio. Petty, yes, I'll grant you, but its far from irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues' Gallery View Post
    Leonard Robinson, known for his expensive Batman costume and Batmobile, which he used to visit and hand out toys and memorabilia to children with cancer at hospitals all over Maryland, has died in a crash on Interstate I-70.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...3d3_story.html

I just saw an article on this, although the one you've linked seems to go into a bit more detail. Definitely a sad thing to hear. Arguably it pales in comparison to a lot of the bigger, in the sense of world or at least country stage, stories that tend to get talked about in here, but I think no less meaningful for that. It hits home all the closer on account of, well, being literally fairly close to home for me. I'd never heard of this guy before now, but it's just always wonderful to know that there are people out there trying to make the world a better place in whatever little way they can, and so sad when they have to be the ones to leave all the sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Who cares if you spell it Freeza or Frieza, everyone knows you're talking about the naked white alien guy.
    Ugh... is there a reason you felt the need to make a random slam against me in a topic I haven't even been in lately?....

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Ugh... is there a reason you felt the need to make a random slam against me in a topic I haven't even been in lately?....
    Its shorthand running gag for naming differences between cultures and has nothing to do with you whatsoever.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Its shorthand running gag for naming differences between cultures and has nothing to do with you whatsoever.
    Sorry then I guess. We've just had this discussion a few times in the past and it feels like I'm always the only one advocating spelling his name not the FUNimation dub way, so it felt like it was referring to me.

Sorry, my bad.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Nope. Mostly just general forum history and a debate that half the people have seen here a dozen times, as a reference point for one line joke about a similar current indignity.

Says Robby Bedfart.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

As far as the actual topic at hand.... I'm with Noqanky.

Spelling mistakes or misuse of a term like that messes things up since it can potentially cause confusion or problems.
    There are actual places called "Columbia" as Fool pointed out, that's what the "C" in "Washington D.C." stands for.

Who knew Peter Falk was popular enough to have a country named after his character?

Quote Originally Posted by Two Angry Bevards View Post
    Who cares if you spell it Freeza or Frieza, everyone knows you're talking about the naked white alien guy.
    I occasionally slip into the habit of spelling it Frieza because of quoting a message that spells it that way but, in my heart of hearts, it'll always be spelled Freeza.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/desp...ng88E.facebook

The Duggars have already screwed themselves over (pun intended), but do they REALLY think TLC will accept such a show proposal?

Wow! The absolute gall to pitch a show for helping abuse victims when their own son victimized his sisters. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/desp...ng88E.facebook

The Duggars have already screwed themselves over (pun intended), but do they REALLY think TLC will accept such a show proposal?
    These networks have accepted/produced reality shows that were far worse than this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    These networks have accepted/produced far worse ideas.
    True enough. But when they cancelled their show (one of their top-raters) because of the scandalous things the Duggar's son did, do they really think they will accept a show they produce about COUNSELING?

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    True enough. But when they cancelled their show (one of their top-raters) because of the scandalous things the Duggar's son did, do they really think they will accept a show they produce about COUNSELING?
    ........I believe they would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

They canceled it not because of what he did but because it became large news. People have known about their son did for years. I find it very hard to believe they had no idea when they made the show.

Even if TLC's audience is willing to support the Duggars through another terrible show I doubt they would find companies willing to put ads on it so that would kill the idea more than anything else.

"She's from Cyprus"
    "......"
    "It's an island in the Mediterranean"
    "....."
    "Near the middle east"
    "....."
    "It's mostly Greek, she's Greek."
    "OH Greeks! She's from Greece!"
    "....."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ph...-labor-n412031

His next destination is Iran and totally looking forward for it
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Why is this news? She's in prison. Prison has rules. She broke one of them, and got a minor slap on the wrist for it.... why is this news? I hate when she's in the news TBH, because that always invites a deluge of transphobia and hate from people talking about it. Even people that typically claim to be trans allies will jump out and be like "I refuse to consider Manning a woman because Manning comitted a crime" like gender identity is a privilege one needs to earn and it's somehow impossible to both respect her gender identity AND have a problem with what she did and feel her prison sentence is justified...

Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ph...-labor-n412031

His next destination is Iran and totally looking forward for it
    I was hoping you were referring to Trump. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    People are clueless the world round, you haven't spent enough time with them to realise it yet.
    Most people don't really see this unless they too have travelled and met other travellers on the journey. It was only the other night I was listening to a guy rant on about a trip in africa involving him drinking with a mini dictators limo, while the remaining part of his convoy were held at gunpoint. Stuff like that makes me realise just how little I've pushed the boat out.
    Now excuse me as I go salute the flag of my country according to some of my inlaws. Those ignorant jingostic imperialist bastards or something.
    And pretend to sing the national anthem, which starts off "god save our gracious queen~", "mumble mumble murmer murmer"
    *hide in the crowd of other people that don't have a clue what the lyrics are beyond the first verse*.

Speaking of which; I wonder how many of you in the US honestly know the US national anthem.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information