+ Reply to Thread
Page 294 of 893 FirstFirst ... 194 244 284 292 293 294 295 296 304 344 394 794 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,880 of 17857

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Forgive me for my ignorance, but why haven't the gun laws been made strict?..especially after Sandy Hook last year. Or is it that changes to the gun laws is not the actual solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Forgive me for my ignorance, but why haven't the gun laws been made strict?..especially after Sandy Hook last year. Or is it that changes to the gun laws is not the actual solution?
    Gun laws in Connecticut have been made more strict. As have a number of other states.

South Carolina is not Connecticut...South Carolina is VERY not Connecticut.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Southern style racist nationalism is well known for it's opposition to Christianity.

No but seriously the only way this is anti-Christian if the church was Catholic and the kid stepped out of a time machine from the 1920's.

Which judging by his hairstyle, he at the very least stepped out of a time machine from 1994.

I'm hesitant to call him a terrorist too. Terrorism to me is "do what I say or I'll blow up your house/shoot up a school". It adds a dimension that I think was lacking in this crime, which I believe was just a pure unadulterated, unprovoked hate crime.

His actions were the very definition of terrorism; he even left somebody alive for the explicit purpose of spreading fear by telling what he did.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Anybody who'd walk around with a haircut like that can't be sane to start with.
    Thank you. I was hesitant to mention the haircut without sounding like a snob.
    Last edited by Satsuki; June 18th, 2015 at 03:49 PM.

Hey South Carolina, you might want to get on the whole flag thing because it doesn't look that good when you fly the Confederate Battle flag in the wake of this tragedy. Especially when that flag is at full staff while the other flags are at half mast in mourning.
    Gawker
    Vox
    Daily Kos
    ABC

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    I'm hesitant to call him a terrorist too. Terrorism to me is "do what I say or I'll blow up your house/shoot up a school". It adds a dimension that I think was lacking in this crime, which I believe was just a pure unadulterated, unprovoked hate crime.
    I didn't really think terrorist were into making demands to get what they want.....especially since their demands are impractical anyway. Hence blowing largely populated areas, kidnapping and executing people, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Blagtastic View Post
    Hey South Carolina, you might want to get on the whole flag thing because it doesn't look that good when you fly the Confederate Battle flag in the wake of this tragedy. Especially when that flag is at full staff while the other flags are at half mast in mourning.
    Well if it makes you feel better this happened

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update/2015/0618/Supreme-Court-upholds-rejection-of-Confederate-flag-license-plate

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    His actions were the very definition of terrorism; he even left somebody alive for the explicit purpose of spreading fear by telling what he did.
    And to eventually testify against him if and when this goes to court.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/come...mments/#disqus
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; June 18th, 2015 at 05:23 PM.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I didn't really think terrorist were into making demands to get what they want.....especially since their demands are impractical anyway. Hence blowing largely populated areas, kidnapping and executing people, etc
    its not really that I think a lone white dude cant be a terrorist, which he most certainly can, i just feel like the term is abused overall these days

if people really want to call him that then thats fine

its not really that I think a lone white dude cant be a terrorist, which he most certainly can, i just feel like the term is abused overall these days.
    Sad truth is that it is. And it's pretty much tied to Muslims.....and Sikhs
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; June 18th, 2015 at 06:05 PM.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

The Tsarnev brothers are/were Chechen not Russian,
    That being said they're from the awkward area between Europe and the Middle East where white and notwhite basically comes down entirely to religion yes. Which is a fascinating bit of cultural racism that never ceases to amaze.
    Greeks? Armenians? Georgians? Ossetians? Greek Cypriots? Maronites?
    White usually.
    Turks? Albanians? Chechens? Azeris? Syrian Arabs? Lebanese Arabs? Turkish Cypriots? Kurds? Tatars?
    Brown people, not white.

One guess what the actual defining feature of these two lists is! Because it sure as heck isn't how they appear (they all look roughly the damn same lol).
    See also: Israelis. Not Christian, but GOOD RELIGION to Americans therefore white.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

its not really that I think a lone white dude cant be a terrorist, which he most certainly can, i just feel like the term is abused overall these days
    I think there's some truth to this.
    It's gotten to the point where if you follow any of the goings on in Syria on twitter people from literally every side of the fight including ISIS casually call whichever other side they're mad at terrorists.

Isn't there a possibility ffor the executive to purpose a referendum on gun restriction, or the second amendment?
    As an outsider I might be wrong, but Every couple of months stuff like this happens and no one seems to try taking a hold of the situation.

lol the entire reason this kid got caught was because of his fucking stupid hair

like literally the lady who called him in when she spotted him noticed the hair and then the car description match

lollll

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Isn't there a possibility ffor the executive to purpose a referendum on gun restriction, or the second amendment?
    The US doesn't do referendums on a national level. Some states can call them but not all.

Even if we could it would fail. I can't imagine the field day conservatives would have when the president is literally trying to take their guns away.

On the one hand I think life in jail is worse than death on the other many blacks deaths in the news weren't even given that option and I don't really want to hear what he has to say. If he lives he'll be a thing. There will be interviews and books or whatever.

Hey, did we not all say his hair was an indication of his evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post

Even if we could it would fail. I can't imagine the field day conservatives would have when the president is literally trying to take their guns away.

On the one hand I think life in jail is worse than death on the other many blacks deaths in the news weren't even given that option and I don't really want to hear what he has to say. If he lives he'll be a thing. There will be interviews and books or whatever.
    Why so sure? Isn't the majority of the population left-leaning? Even inside the conservative part of the population there is a % bound to, at least, want a stricter control on purchase and possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    lol the entire reason this kid got caught was because of his fucking stupid hair

like literally the lady who called him in when she spotted him noticed the hair and then the car description match

lollll
    Oh so I wasn't the only one who took notice of dated as hell haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Hey, did we not all say his hair was an indication of his evil?
    If I got my hair cut like that I'd be off too.....not enough to selfishly gun down 9 innocent people but enough to curse out whoever kept making get me hair cut like that.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Why so sure? Isn't the majority of the population left-leaning? Even inside the conservative part of the population there is a % bound to, at least, want a stricter control on purchase and possession.
    Guns rights are part of the constitution and the argument that if you outlaw guns only the bad people will have them is pretty accurate because it's not that hard to get a gun illegally in this country depending on where you live. The US is the #1 supplier of guns in the world. Also the #1 owner. Restrictions won't really stop someone who wants to shoot people from getting their hands on a weapon to do it.

I consider myself very left leaning but I don't see the logic in that. It's like pretty band-aid over the really ugly wound that is the arms industry.

*sigh* .
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Fair point, even though I believe it's a bit oversimplified.
    I mean, sure there are problems, but doing nothing is the quicker way to ensure something like this to happen again in a couple of months.
    This idiot received the gun in his birthday. It's just hard to accept that something like this can happen in such an uncontrolled way...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information