+ Reply to Thread
Page 214 of 893 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 264 314 714 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 17846

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

  1. #4261

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post
    oh shit that guy was an atheist

    An atheism fueled religious shooting


  2. #4262

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Will the white leaders Gordon Ramsay and Tom Brady please address the fact that white people are murdering innocents at an alarming rate and are a threat to the civilized world please

  3. #4263

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa...190626599.html


    Mah, i think i should just unlike all the news sites in my facebook and like like that memes pages and porn star pages. Sometimes it hurts to know :/

    https://news.vice.com/article/wife-s...g-not-religion

    They are reportedly alleging the murder in Chapel Hill was not a hate crime but a parking space dispute. We have the same issue in the building complex i live in so i guess i will be gunned down tomorrow. LOGIC.
    Last edited by Prismeru; February 11th, 2015 at 02:49 PM.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  4. #4264

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    oh shit that guy was an atheist

    An atheism fueled religious shooting
    Oh noes .

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post
    They are reportedly alleging the murder in Chapel Hill was not a hate crime but a parking space dispute. We have the same issue in the building complex i live in so i guess i will be gunned down tomorrow. LOGIC.
    I can believe it was for that reason as petty as it is but the fact that the victims were muslim is still pretty suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  5. #4265

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Apparently the guy was a from the hardcore "ATHEISTS ARE THE REAL OPPRESSED PEOPLE" sect of internet atheism.

    Also compare reactions to this, to the Charley Hebdo shooting.

  6. #4266

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Bottom Line, world is awful. Have some Penguins in sweaters to ease our existence:

    http://uproxx.com/webculture/2015/02/penguin-sweaters/

    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  7. #4267

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    They are on sweaters to avoid them trying to clean the deadly oil spill from their own feathers isn't it?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  8. #4268

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    One reason not to live in Kansas.....if you're gay or trans.
    http://news.yahoo.com/kansas-governo...214109332.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  9. #4269

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/0...093231033.html

    Three Muslim Students killed in a shooting in North Carolina.
    Brought me to tears reading this and looking at those wedding photos shit is heartbreaking.

  10. #4270
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    The sad thing is people have been honestly killed over dumber things.

    The sadder thing is the "parking dispute" is probably just an excuse.
    Everything's Eventual...


  11. #4271
    Trying Too Hard Below Average's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Under a Rock Somewhere

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post
    Bottom Line, world is awful. Have some Penguins in sweaters to ease our existence:

    http://uproxx.com/webculture/2015/02/penguin-sweaters/

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9k3vX-IAAA0oMo.png
    Funnily enough, my mind immediately went to this: http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141...-with-penguins

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    One reason not to live in Kansas.....if you're gay or trans.
    http://news.yahoo.com/kansas-governo...214109332.html
    Wow, this man is specifically targeting homosexual, bisexual and transgender workers.

    "Brownback, a vocal defender of a ban in the state constitution on same-sex marriage, issued a new order reaffirming the state's commitment to prohibit discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender or religion."

    So, according to the governor of Kansas, sexual orientation and gender identity are worth discriminating against. Good thing he was given a position of power.

  12. #4272

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    The sad thing is people have been honestly killed over dumber things.

    The sadder thing is the "parking dispute" is probably just an excuse.
    keep in mind they were killed execution style. that's not something you just accidentally do one day when someone takes your parking spot


  13. #4273

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    keep in mind they were killed execution style. that's not something you just accidentally do one day when someone takes your parking spot
    Pretty much the French sure as hell didn't go around putting people to the guillotine accidentally during the Revolution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Below Average View Post


    So, according to the governor of Kansas, sexual orientation and gender identity are worth discriminating against. Good thing he was given a position of power.
    Good thing he'll be out of power before too long......hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  14. #4274

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    I think one of the worst things we can do is take advanced conclusions and deriving hate from it (The second part is the important one). Thinking conclusions is fine but don't think let hate be born out of it.

    http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...083909613.html

    This is a good article.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  15. #4275

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post

    https://news.vice.com/article/wife-s...g-not-religion

    They are reportedly alleging the murder in Chapel Hill was not a hate crime but a parking space dispute. We have the same issue in the building complex i live in so i guess i will be gunned down tomorrow. LOGIC.
    while i'm still saddened by this, I'm a bit annoyed that all this happened because of something as stupid as having parking space.
    NintendoID: Zodiark14

  16. #4276

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg009 View Post
    while i'm still saddened by this, I'm a bit annoyed that all this happened because of something as stupid as having parking space.
    Yeah because that was totally what it was about.

  17. #4277

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Ok, no. Forget it. This would only end badly. Just look at the evidence guys.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  18. #4278

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Those kids look so much like various people at my (second) undergrad college, it really fucking sucks.
    Lots of bubbly young girls wearing hijabs because mom swats them with a broom rushing around.

  19. #4279
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Hey, it's getting more attention in the press. There was even a little article about it in my newspaper today. There wasn't any front pag3 references so I had to flip/hunt through the pages to find it but, hey, it's something.

    Hidden:
    Everything's Eventual...


  20. #4280
    Discovered Stew Femme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A very special place

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    So do you wanna know why some misguided Muslim youth turn extreme?

    http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/edmo...door-1.2954439

    My people are being murdered close to home.
    This could have easily been my shy, kind hearted husband who does a lot for the community.
    Those three who were killed could have been me.

    In all honesty, the thought revolving around my mind is "why do people hate us enough to kill us?"
    Why must I live my life now knowing that some people are out to get me?

    The young, misguided ones would be angry, and their feelings would turn to revenge. And that's how it's all started.
    Hidden:



+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts