+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 893 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 235 635 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 17846

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by King Hippo View Post
    Because in Texas pretty much all the whites outside of Austin vote Republican.

Seriously.
    It's more like all whites outside of the larger city areas. San Antonio usually swings liberal, and Dallas and Houston have been for awhile. There's an insane amount of people in the DFW and Houston areas, and it amazes me how the district lines have misrepresented the votes of these larger areas.

But like I said above, the rural areas of BFE Texas are still really, really fucking bad. And the worst part is even though most of them are small, they're spread throughout the entire state and that allows a "majority" in many districts that aren't huge on population and are inclined to be conservative. That makes the horseshit in these elections results even harder to stomach. I really do not want people like from my hometown and the surrounding areas out East's mindset to dominate rights of Texas as a whole. That is all kinds of fucked up and not ok. There is so much crazy going on and it is legitimately terrifying. But how things are set up, the district lines allow that rural Texas mindset/culture to dominate.

. tumblr
    . mfc .
    . ask for FB or AIM/Skype .
    . psn & nintendo id squeesax . 3DS FC: 3797-6626-6957 .

I'm loving how Michelle Nunn got completely blown out of the water despite predictions of a runoff. Especially after those disgraceful Georgia Democratic Party fliers trying to use the Ferguson riots to gin up black voter turnout.
    Seriously ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Anyone else from Wisconsin? OR wonders about the lies of Scott Walker?

"A guy like Scott Walker signs a bill that repeals equal pay for women, ships jobs outside the states while wearing a, American flag on his lapel" and stills get half the votes. *shakes head*

Quote Originally Posted by Arei View Post
    It's the fucking gerrymandering of the district lines. Texas is a big state, but the majority of the population IS carried in the major metro areas. How in the hell can Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston go blue and the republican vote still overwhelmingly dominate? It's no surprise they called the election so early in the evening. It's rigged, they knew where to put down the lines so they could fit the maximum number of republican leaning communities in each district and therefore be able to see which way they would swing early on and call it.
    Yes, they've rigged it for the senate with the 2003 restructuring. But the mayoral race at least... the guy wins by 400,000 votes?

All the democrats are in the big cities and the mexican border. Texas split 50-50 vote wise up until Ann Richards left office 20 years ago, but it's been consistently 60-40 (and by a margin of half a million+ voters) since then. Heck, Bush won in 98 by 1.4 million votes! 70-30!

It really does come down to a case of it being cities (40%) versus the bible belt farming crowd. (60%) with the main election, that one is legit.

But yeah, the house/senate at least is totally rigged, given it was half and half in 2002, then after the redraw in 2003 (which was even challenged up to the supreme court) it went... to somewhat less than that.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Is democratic obstructionism on its way?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Truth View Post
    well at least it looks like ct will keep its democratic governor... http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/11/...as-polls-open/ (hopefully that's some comfort for MK)
    phewwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah he won.
    The not yet counted votes are mostly from places like Fairfield, West Haven and West Hartford. The last two in particular are well populated and just full of democrat votes.
    Foley has basically said "Yeah I probably lost" and Malloy said the opposite. Thank god.

My god at least something good happened last night...well that and Pennsylvania kicked out Corbett's worthless ass but no one was shocked about that.
    Too bad about Maine though....and Florida...and Wisconsin...and Texas...and Maryland.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I'm from Maryland. Haven't lived there since I went off to college in 2005.

Anyway, these election results can be explained as simply the result of white voters abandoning the Democrats in very significant numbers. It's a trend I don't stopping, especially as long as the Ds keep up their "fuck white men take their guns go to hell you cis scum" agenda that they've been pushing for the past two years.
    What kind of delusional dumbass world do you live in where you think "die cis scum" has anything to do with the Democratic party.
    Like you sound like some shitkicker who lives (apparently by choice!) where the Democrats are basically Republicans so you wouldn't even know but yeah the actual Left center in this country is not actually a Tumblr account owned by a 19 year old or anywhere close.

Also no, nothing you said is the assumed trend. Rural southern white men yes, but who gives a shit about the people you're probably awkwardly trying to fit in with to no avail.
    Do you even own a gun lol.

"H-h-howdy yah-all! I'm from small town DC Beltway 95 Corridor! Y-yessir! *drops plastic ten gallon hat*"

My district elected a generic Republican somehow, but at least we got to keep Cuomo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arei View Post
    El Paso is a special place.
    Indeed it is, and it's growing in the only direction it can... east.

Anyway, these election results can be explained as simply the result of white voters abandoning the Democrats in very significant numbers. It's a trend I don't stopping, especially as long as the Ds keep up their "fuck white men take their guns go to hell you cis scum" agenda that they've been pushing for the past two years.
    Lmfao thia post is so bad and also severely at disconnect from reality, but hey keep nice to show your latent transphobia out of nowhere and once again using the word AGENDA is fucking hilarious and only means you're a goon, irrelevent to everything. I can just say Die Cis Scum and mean it.

No, I suppose that was rude of me. And hey, you're still young, you've got time to improve. Hell I was well into my 20s before I got my head out of my ass.
    The best line. This ignorant motherfucker seriously thinking he's the smart grown up

It's sad to see people fighting over who are the worst between "Democrats" and "Republicans".
    My country's seemingly going towards a 3 to 4 party system currently and I hope this phenomenon won't lose its momentum, although it might not be for the best just now.

RIP Gary potter

He shitposts in hell now

Well, here in México right now we have a media circus with the capture of Abarca the corrupt Major that is behind the dissapereance of the 43 students. We're going on National Strike today even if the president is still waiting for his bad dude award thinking we really swallowed all his shit (There's been a lot or irregularities in the capture of the guy and his wife. It may have been staged like the capture of a french kidnapper years back).

There is also some issue in the north part of the country of how up to 300 hundred prisoners dissapeared/were killed in prisons. On that i don't really have a lot of info but i don't think that one is going to get much media attention. People always think that bad things happening to "bad guys" is awesome (Bad guy in the movie always has to die...but don't listen to me on this. It is so idealistic).

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americ...363398559.html

and i think pieces like this may be the last you see in international news. I hope not :/
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSazz View Post
    It's sad to see people fighting over who are the worst between "Democrats" and "Republicans".
    The real issue is that our elections are heavily calculated to keep voters out and are representative of but a few people high on the pole. America has dense issues with regards to how we don't have a true direct democracy and when the largely discriminatory party is in power, it is heartbreaking. To simplify. It's not REALLY about democrats vs republicans, it's a failure of a system

Edit: but yes for sure though Republicans are terrible bad very not good and if anyone sides with them avoid them into infinity. This isn't really a manner of debate, one party is actively oppressive.
    Last edited by Pochipochi; November 5th, 2014 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    I feel slightly better.

Honestly I really think it's because old people have fuck all better to do than to go vote and they're too old to try and change their world view

Everything i know about democracy i learned from the Simpsons and they told me i should be afraid of old people cause they DO vote.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    Honestly I really think it's because old people have fuck all better to do than to go vote and they're too old to try and change their world view
    Yeah. From what I gather, a large part played is that a lot of the old population voted while the youth turnout was low. Personally, I don't see the point in looking at recent politics as to why certain people won. It generally comes down to the same issues with people and sticking with the same party they have for most of their life.

I wonder what the younger generation will think of us when we're old.

I'll probably be too old to care.
    Everything's Eventual...

I volunteered yesterday at my local voting center for the day in the middle of conservative suburban Pennsylvania. I am glad that at we at least threw water on that witch Corbett, but goddamn is it sad seeing some of the voting in person. My favorite bit were the bunch of conservatives who were flashing their IDs when it wasn't necessary and making statements about our states lax voter ID laws. They just kept holding themselves like they were some badass last bastion of sanity holding against a broken system. This is how conservative America acts, compared to the defeatist young liberals.

As of a few weeks ago, it's been my new standing theory that the amount of apathetic young voters will eventually reach a critical point where we could elect what I'm calling a Kickstarter Candidate. The principle is that this candidate would crowdsource a campaign based entirely on wondering if he or she could do it. No political platforms, no bullshit, just literally "wouldn't it be funny if I got elected?" At the critical point, enough people will be willing to fund this campaign, become attached to it by buying into it and turn up for the sole purpose of messing with the political system that, if attempted, American Democracy would finally implode.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information