+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 892 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 627 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 17840

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I don't know who's more ignorant the kids or the principal.
    Exactly my thought.

"Nobody dies from words."?! *facepalm*
    Hidden:

That's right. Our school has a zero bullying policy because there is zero bullying that goes on because sticks and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    This Story kinda hits home for me.

For anyone not clicking the link there, here's the gist of it:
    - Little Girl with long blonde hair cuts her hair extremely short
    - She did this to donate her hair to "Wigs for Kids", an organization who makes wigs for kids with Cancer.
    - She is now getting bullied because her new hair length looks semi-boyish.
    - This is not a joke.

Ugh... this really all comes back to gender norms. Her hair is now cut in a stereotypically boyish way, and since she no longer conforms to the gender norms the people around her think she should, she is treated like crap.
    The principle is a joke. He should have worded that better and changed the tone.

When it comes down to it though, he really can't do anything about it.
    That's up to the ignorant parents who allow their kids believe what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    The principle is a joke. He should have worded that better and changed the tone.

When it comes down to it though, he really can't do anything about it.
    That's up to the ignorant parents who allow their kids believe what they do.
    It's not just the parents.

School has its responsibilities and one of them is ensuring the physical and mental safety of the children. If a principal can do nothing, and the parents don't want to, what should the poor kid do? Wait it out till he/she is out of there? That's what I did, and surprise, it didn't work. Everyone told me to turn the other cheek, that I'm better than them, that I'll be more successful. Yes, teachers and parents alike. It didn't help in the slightest.

The little girl is so pretty with her short hair.:) I'm glad that she is feeling better.
    The principal just couldn't be bother to do his job. If the girl had killed herself, I wonder what kind of bullshit he will have to come up with to defend himself. The girl had to stop going to class. Of course, she is clearly fine!!

From personal experience, the principal CAN make a huge difference.
    When I was 12, there was this rumour going around my class that I had head lice. Initially, it was a harmless problem though it gradually got worse and I was ostracized for few months. It was only when my parent told the principal that the rumour stop. She told my classmates off for spreading rumour.That is what a principal is supposed to do.

It kinda sadden me that the school only taking action after this issue went viral on the Internet. I guess they care more about their reputation than wellbeing of the children.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus
    It's not just the parents.
    It's their job to educate their children. Some of the parents even share their children's antics. They should talk to their children at least.
    A lot of kids are unaware that they're even bullying.
    School has its responsibilities and one of them is ensuring the physical and mental safety of the children.
    Bullying is not something you can get rid of. It's impossible to stop or control since it's a part of natural human behavior.
    They can try to minimize the bullying, but the little girl will still be bullied and called ugly.
    what should the poor kid do? Wait it out till he/she is out of there? That's what I did, and surprise, it didn't work.
    She could ignore it.
    She can stand up for herself.
    When I was in school and someone said something that I didn't like, I'd pay them no mind and move on.

She could ignore them unless they constantly hound her at every waking moment. If that happened she could tell a teacher.

She could ignore them unless they constantly hound her at every waking moment. If that happened she could tell a teacher.
    The girl and her mother did that, they actually told the principal of her school, and he told them "he didn't know of any child that had ever died from words" and that the girl and the mother "needed to toughen up and deal with it".

It's their job to educate their children. Some of the parents even share their children's antics. They should talk to their children at least.

Bullying is not something you can get rid of. It's impossible to stop or control since it's a part of natural human behavior.
    They can try to minimize the bullying, but the little girl will still be bullied and called ugly.

She could ignore it.
    When I was in school and someone said something that I didn't like, I'd pay them no mind and move on.

You cannot simply ignore these things. Maybe you can try, but it won't always work. When you constantly get bombarded with insults, it's hard not to notice.
    Stand up for herself, how? Anything she might say they can use against her.

The school still has to take responsibilities for things happening inside.

Shots fired inside Canada's parliament building.
    BBC
    NY Times
    Gawker (with video)
    NPR
    Last edited by Blagtastic; October 22nd, 2014 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Added NPR

She could ignore it.

Yes. Let us all be very passive and apathetic comments about a very real problem that *should* have adult intervention whenever possible and that schools *have* been making progressive steps towards trying to solve.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/after-pus...t-surges-texas

High turnout for Texas voters

Now if u will excuse me, I must be securing my absentee ballot

4 Blackwater guards who fired into a traffic circle killing 14 Iraqi citizens 7 years ago were just found guilty.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/...e-Found-Guilty

Lock em' up and throw away the keys. Talk about out of control.
    Everything's Eventual...

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/...BaL3L7#image=1

more about Ayotzinapa.

Supposedly they caught the son of a bitch (spanish one):

http://www.ejecentral.com.mx/detiene...y-a-su-esposa/

But they also found more mass graves:

http://www.sinembargo.mx/23-10-2014/1150698

I can't really find more news about it since i'm not in the country but i'll try to get some english sources.

Here's one about the mayor that ordered the hit and is behind the murder of a lot of people. And money laundering. Well, more like gold-laundering? He bought gold and jewels with narc money.

confirmed ebola case in NY. Uh, scary! News worthy and all that:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/23/he...ase/index.html
    Last edited by Prismeru; October 23rd, 2014 at 09:57 PM.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/after-pus...t-surges-texas

High turnout for Texas voters

Now if u will excuse me, I must be securing my absentee ballot
    This is good <3

I went to early vote today and apparently hardly anyone has shown up to do so this week here >__> C'mon folks

. tumblr
    . mfc .
    . ask for FB or AIM/Skype .
    . psn & nintendo id squeesax . 3DS FC: 3797-6626-6957 .

Ihe could ignore it.

How actively were you picked on? Was it one person you saw only in passing or that just made a stray comment at you once in a while? Or were it classmates you had to deal with in every single class that thought you were a freak that insulted you constantly, found you to be a target that they could get reactions from, and did shit like steal your P.E. shorts or laugh at you constantly or slyly push you so that you fell and dropped all your books, but not in any way that could be proved?

Bullying sucks. And "just ignore it" is awful advice that doesn't work EVER unless its someone you never see.

That principal sucked too.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

A high school student opened fire in his High School cafeteria today. 2 students killed (including himself) and 4 others injured and apparently most of the injured received head wounds. They are all in serious or critical condition.

This guy who shot up the school was allegedly upset over a girl or something but obviously if that is true that wasn't the only reason he did this. It probably was a factor, maybe even a big one, but it was probably a problem in a long series of problems.

http://news.yahoo.com/shooting-repor...181955368.html

Whatever his case might be he's dead now and it's all be analyzed, I'm sure. I can only imagine what the families of the victims are going through right now and I hope the injured students pull through.
    Everything's Eventual...

^i heard he was a football player and a homecoming king?

Quote Originally Posted by Arei View Post
    This is good <3

I went to early vote today and apparently hardly anyone has shown up to do so this week here >__> C'mon folks
    Here's a bit more good tx news: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/w...n-drunk-bully/

Nothing important but something nice in the endless stream of shit lately

Here in CT we're experiencing 2012 all over again, since the local flavor of Republican honestly isn't much different than Mitt Romney.
    Rich detached guys who come off as empty suit CEO's. This Tom Foley guy is plastic as crap and he might win, yech.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    ^i heard he was a football player and a homecoming king?
    Yeah, and that's like the complete opposite of what you usually hear when it comes to these incidents. Goes to show that no matter how put together a person might seem there's no telling what's really going on with them.

Not saying 'football player + homecoming king = automatically put together' but that's one of the last people most people would think of in association with shooting up a cafeteria.

Here's a bit more good tx news: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/w...n-drunk-bully/

Nothing important but something nice in the endless stream of shit lately
    I thought people were supoosed to get drunk during the flight, not before.

No, but seriously, that is a small light of good news.
    Last edited by Outerspec; October 25th, 2014 at 07:39 AM.
    Everything's Eventual...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information