+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 892 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 623 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 17840

Thread: Random News Article Discussion II

  1. #2441

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Brianna Wu posted her own update about her situation, and how she's damn proud of it:
    http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to...a-wu-gamergate
    And now Sarkeesian has an interview in freaking Rolling Stone
    http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...rview-20141017

    She's reaching more people than she ever could have hoped thanks to this. Thanks Gamergate!

  2. #2442

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Putting my GG responses under a spoiler since I don't wanna keep slamming you guys with walls of text.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    I was reading along respectfully disagreeing until now but LOLOL.
    I want you to imagine for a moment: Let’s say Manita Sarkeesian is a man who is exactly the same as Anita except he’s a dude. He makes a kickstarter to support his Tropes vs. Women project and posts about it on /v/.

    He does this multiple times, and /v/, being /v/, gets mad and tells him to fuck off.

    Word then spreads to Tumblr. Someone wants to speak about the perils of being a woman in videogames, hooray! And mean old 4chan is being misogynistic and telling him to fuck off and die since he dares to support women? THROW MONEY AT HIM TO SUPPORT THIS PROJECT.

    But here’s where it changes: Some of Tumblr would say that Manita doesn’t speak for women because he can’t understand their plight because he’s a man. This would snowball and they would shout at him that a woman should be doing it, dig up evidence to discredit him and prove he’s a misogynist, and tell him to check his privilege. He’d probably still get funded (since he only asked for 6K), but his reputation would be ruined and he’d pretty much have to grovel for approval from the people he wanted to help in the first place. He’d still make his videos, but he’s a complete laughing stock throughout the entire gaming community.

    But let’s rewind and say that only a small minority of people said that, and that his kickstarter was a resounding success. He still makes his videos and they come out just as behind schedule as they did before, but they’re still there!

    Aaaaand then his videos get torn apart. Any misogynists who attacked Anita are replaced by SJWs in spades for Manita. “You stole this art and footage!” “You twisted this article to fit your own needs!” “You’re taking this good example of a female character and twisting her to make her sound like a useless one-dimensional damsel even though it makes sense in the context of the story!!!” And because he’s not a woman, he can’t play the misogyny card when people criticize him. Few, if any, news sources would support him, he wouldn’t be a ~*gaming ambassador*~, and he’d be mocked until he dropped out of the vloging scene entirely.

    But let’s rewind again and say that no, he was still successful and only “jealous misogynistic neckbeards” hated him.

    Well, it would only be a matter of time until he makes a “mistake” and gets torn apart.

    And as another example: if the Zoe and Eron situation was reversed (as in, Zoe makes The Eron Post where everything that happened to Eron happened to her), Zoe would be congratulated on having ~*the courage to share the story of her boyfriend’s infidelity and psychological abuse*~. And we wouldn’t even be having this conversation, because even though it [probably] would’ve still started GamerGate, all the accusations of misogyny would be directed at any gaming journalists that supported Eron (which would only be a few since, surprise surprise, he can’t claim the harassment is because he’s some kind of minority).

    I get that you blame misogyny for all this happening and all gamers are massive neckbeard manchildren yadda yadda yadda, but please don’t ignore the people that operate on the opposite extreme.

    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    EDIT: Also, it's eerie how much this temper tantrum of a list (http://makealist.com/content/quinnga...e-boycott-list) is reminiscent of McCarthy-era blacklisting. People who voiced single opinions about the topic, once, are on here, and the kool-aid drinkers are being told to boycott them forever. That's not a rational attack on corruption- that's a frothing-at-the-mouth kneejerk paranoia trip.
    I do agree that it’s dumb to boycott websites like Cracked that have little-to-nothing to do with the gaming community itself. It can be rationalized as “being thorough”, but I don’t agree

    That list is hella out-of-date, though (even if it was made like only a month; again, Quinn’s barely relevant anymore aside from being the catalyst for what started it). And the Escapist and TechCrunch don’t belong on there. Do you know if there’s a more recent one?

    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Also note that the list links to Return of Kings as part of the "proof" that A.S. faked anything (already factually disproven), which indisputably strips the author of his ability to claim to be a non-misogynist, for anyone who knows anything about RoK.
    Can I have a link that disproves it? Dramatic writing in that article aside, it looks like pretty solid evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blagtastic88 View Post
    I know I won't change your mind and if you frequent 8chan, you will probably tell them about trying to red pill us and that I am a blue pill shill, but just hear me out.
    SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL. (I kid. I kid.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blagtastic88 View Post
    The Gamergate (/gg/) "consumer revolt" started with vitriol back when it was still "Five Guys Burgers and Lies." Eron Gjoni is not sorry for his part in sparking the "movement" nor the damage he has done to all hurt by the shitstorm that he helped start.
    He sure isn’t proud of it, but why should he be sorry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blagtastic88 View Post
    As a leaderless, anonymous collective /gg/ will have ineffectual traction to implement the big changes they may want.
    A leader would have a big target painted on their back. And given how people have been sent loaded syringes, fired from their jobs, been doxxed, and have had their families threatened for even just supporting it, I don’t see why anyone would WANT to be one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blagtastic88 View Post
    Without a strong direction and a detailed mission plan, all gamergate is doing is flailing about until it tires itself out and the members go their separate ways.
    The “mission plan” is to boycott these websites and get their advertisers to pull their ads, which has been pretty successful (we even got Merecedes today!). People have come and gone, but it’s been mostly on track.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blagtastic88 View Post
    The harassment of Zoe Quinn (LW1), Anita Sarkeesian (LW2), and Brianna Wu (LW3) has to stop.
    I don’t disagree with you there, but their harassment isn’t a goal for GamerGate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blagtastic88 View Post
    The Fine Young Capalists (who are awesome btw) was a major win or that the Breibart article exposed the true problems.
    They were.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blagtastic88 View Post
    Right now in the boards, they are telling you that the media is running out of ammunition and to bunker down. This is all to keep you within their group and to have you perceive all outside the movement as a threat. Ask yourself, do you really believe that there is a huge media conspiracy and that everyone on this list is part of a SJW plot?
    Did you not see the big ol’ Google group that had all these journalists from different sites in it?

    How they're scrambled for damage control when this whole fiasco started?

    How they released like a dozen “Gamers are Dead” articles all on the same day?

    But is it an SJW plot? Nah. It’s just that a lot of SJW are a part of this (and the amount of overlap is ridiculous).

    Quote Originally Posted by Blagtastic88 View Post
    Now if you want to continue strive against corruption in journalism, more power to you. A few ideas off the top of my head being; help fund investigative journalism on the subject,
    More news outlets have been covering it, but what would you suggest? Forming an entirely new gaming journalism website?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blagtastic88 View Post
    support a documentary on the subject,
    See The Sarkeesian Effect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blagtastic88 View Post
    or even help start a better, cleaner movement to combat corruption.
    Whiiiiiich would still be accused of being full of misogynistic pissbabies since it would have the same people in it, just under a different name.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blagtastic88 View Post
    However, if you want to continue to pretend that /gg/ is blameless in the harassment of multiple human beings who did not deserve that kind of wrath, then you will continue to be part of the problem, not the solution.
    I get that you’re probably imagining me as some evil fat cishet white neckbeard wearing like twenty fedoras while furiously typing away with cheeto dust-stained fingers, but seriously?

    We know the movement has some bad eggs, and we do what we can to stop them. People who advocate doxxing and harassment are told to piss off and banned. But being an anonymous website where individual users can’t be held accountable for their actions, we can’t stop people from sending death and rape threats. Not to mention there are also people faking these threads just to have ammunition that “GamerGate is just about harassment!!!111one”. Is it hard to tell which is which? Yes, but either way, harassment is a shitty thing to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Yeah. This sounds like a good idea to me in relation. Also making sure to condemn those making attacks would be another.
    They do. It’s just that that little tidbit gets ignored for some reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Supporting those being attacked would be even better in both spreading good will while doing whatever apparently needs to be done about corruption.
    TFYC (being attacked by SJWs!). Donating to a charity to help prevent suicide after Wizardchan got raided again (on national suicide prevention day, no less!). Sleuthing out one of the people harassing Sarkeesian. Finding out about Rantic and how it was a fake company. Etc... Etc…


    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Minority could be literally anything in any given society since there have been societies.
    Unfortunately, a lot of people take that to mean anyone who isn’t a ~cishet white male~, and think American race and gender politics apply everywhere else in the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Just as since there has ever been societies there have been periods where a bunch of headless chickens run around squawking about witches, communists, rightists, whatevers, and the mobs mix in with the opportunists and burn the UNTRUSTED ONES among maybe like...1% or so of what they're actually looking for.
    It's funny. This is pretty much how both sides see each other.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    In this case it's the fat manboys burning cooties.
    And GamerGate’ll always be accused of that unless literally every woman against them somehow stops being female.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Soo... was watching Bill O' and Jon's argument from last night's Daily Show.

    On the subject of "White privilege", Bill argues what about asians? Asian Americans make more money than whites! Why can't you say there's Asian privilege!?
    Aaaaaand Bill proves once again that he is a goddamn moron. Great. :|

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamolen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Gay marriage is now legal in Arizona.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    And for the third post in a row with "good" news, we have...

    Jordan Davis' shooter ("loud music" shooter) gets life without possibility of parole.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-...ife-in-prison/

    A little depressing that there was ever a question of the outcome here, but any time justice is carried out properly is cause to celebrate.
    Heck yeah. This is great.

  3. #2443

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    The solution really is simple as multiple people have brought up. Just start a new campaign with a clear mission and goals that immediately distances itself from the controversial aspects that have amassed in the mere months of gamergate's inception. Specify what parts of the industry you want cleaned up and in what manner so that places know how to respond, and state a solidarity that condemns threats of violence even with voices with which you disagree. When the message is incredibly mixed at the moment and a very negative image being associated with the campaign, it's clear there needs to be a reset button somewhere
    Last edited by Purple Hermit; October 17th, 2014 at 08:06 PM.

  4. #2444

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    I want you to imagine for a moment: Let’s say Manita Sarkeesian is a man who is exactly the same as Anita except he’s a dude. He makes a kickstarter to support his Tropes vs. Women project and posts about it on /v/.

    I get that you blame misogyny for all this happening and all gamers are massive neckbeard manchildren yadda yadda yadda, but please don’t ignore the people that operate on the opposite extreme.
    First thing: I disagree fundamentally with just about every step of your hypothetical. Like we're coming from toooootally different worlds on this issue. Maybe I just have more faith in the power of the content of a good message, and I don't see SJWs as an asbolute evil. But honestly neither your hypothetical nor my opinion on it count for much, because they're not reality. What we're dealing with is what actually happened, and the counterfactual- while perhaps a fun thought exercise- isn't really useful.

    Second thing: I don't think all gamers are massive neckbeards at all. Obviously the people making the rape/massacre threats are the vocalest kinda-minority of this shitty movement which is itself a minority of all gamers in the world. I have no particular problem with the gamer identity except when shitheads appropriate it in the name of being terrible. As Joe Ignorant Public and the network news shows become aware of all this crap, they'll start associating gamers with misogynists, which is certainly not in my self-interest or the self-interest of anyone who cares about the medium and the potential it has. And the dull, old guard set is already responsible for keeping the stagnant status quo by lashing out at suggestions for actual innovation and progression (such as the suggestion that female characters should be less token pink bows and more ordinary people).

    I do blame misogyny for this whole clusterfuck. The people on the "opposite" end of the spectrum don't make me feel threatened. I either agree with what they have to say, or I calmly disagree without feeling the need to threaten them with violence (we're speaking about social justice, I assume. Not media corruption).
    EDIT: Aka Zeph's Ineffectual college communists vs. destructive mountain dew militia.


    For everything else, what Purps said.


    Just want to say that I've got nothing against you, personally, Cruithne. We just disagree, and I appreciate the civil back-and-forth :)
    Probably my last post on the topic because we really have reached the limit, I think.

  5. #2445

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Unfortunately, a lot of people take that to mean anyone who isn’t a ~cishet white male~, and think American race and gender politics apply everywhere else in the world.
    And isn't that just what you did in reverse? I mention the word, and instead of "agreeing" that I meant some American context dsicrimination, you "disagreed" that I meant some American context discrimination.
    Don't point fingers about who started it, that makes no fucking sense.
    It's the same nonsense baby logic that most of these idiots follow. A dumb feminist said a dumb thing maybe once, and this is carte de blance to a huge reactionary bunch of bile of ignorance against the entire concept of feminism. Which is how we get the babymen blanching because of totally rational honestly uncontroversial things like "why are all these characters dressed like strippers for no reason".

    I'm as tired of SJW dilettante morons as I am of the people whose response to them is just mirror image reactionary crap. Other people being morons doesn't excuse being a moron.

    And what tires me about both groups is also their swarmy scarlet letter mob "think". And funnily enough the terror about SJW versions of that is WAY overshadowed by Gamergate. Remember when a bunch of dumb college communists created a wildly demographic imbalanced witch hunt in a huge industry? I sure don't.
    Remember when a bunch of mountain dew IV couch trolls did? Look at that!

  6. #2446
    Voici La Chévre Wagomu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Location

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    I don't think this subject really deserves any more mention, but I've read through enough of this crap, so I'll make one last comment.

    Let's say you're really into suspenders. You browse the local events in the paper and it turns out there's a convention for suspender lovers in just a couple of days. You go to the convention center, excited to see all kinds of exotic braces when, whoa, it turns out that a lot more nazi skinheads are into suspenders than you thought. In fact, the organization that runs this convention was founded by nazi skinheads and they are still in charge. Some of them are just there to peruse the lovely selection of galluses made available and most of the people hanging around are just regular folk enjoying the festivities, but off in a corner you notice that a few skinheads are using the convention as a sort of gathering spot for their own ends. They're planning hate crimes and harassing the people outside the convention (and a few on the inside who look a little too off-color for their tastes), which the organizers choose not to police (or maybe they half-heartedly tell them to cut it out, but only after they've received a complaint). One of the guest speakers that was invited talks about how Jewish control of industry is responsible for the decline in suspender production. He receives applause.

    Do you stay in the convention just because they're the only one in town?

    3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

  7. #2447

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    I don't think this subject really deserves any more mention, but I've read through enough of this crap, so I'll make one last comment.

    Let's say you're really into suspenders. You browse the local events in the paper and it turns out there's a convention for suspender lovers in just a couple of days. You go to the convention center, excited to see all kinds of exotic braces when, whoa, it turns out that a lot more nazi skinheads are into suspenders than you thought. In fact, the organization that runs this convention was founded by nazi skinheads and they are still in charge. Some of them are just there to peruse the lovely selection of galluses made available and most of the people hanging around are just regular folk enjoying the festivities, but off in a corner you notice that a few skinheads are using the convention as a sort of gathering spot for their own ends. They're planning hate crimes and harassing the people outside the convention (and a few on the inside who look a little too off-color for their tastes), which the organizers choose not to police (or maybe they half-heartedly tell them to cut it out, but only after they've received a complaint). One of the guest speakers that was invited talks about how Jewish control of industry is responsible for the decline in suspender production. He receives applause.

    Do you stay in the convention just because they're the only one in town?
    I never knew that Neo Nazis were into suspenders
    Last edited by Purple Hermit; October 17th, 2014 at 07:35 PM. Reason: too bad miis don't have an option for suspenders

  8. #2448
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Do you stay in the convention just because they're the only one in town?
    I choose to believe that this question was rhetorical and the conversation should end on it.
    Everything's Eventual...


  9. #2449

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    The solution really is simple as multiple people have brought up. Just start a new campaign with a clear mission and goals that immediately distances itself from the controversial aspects that have amassed in the mere months of gamergate's inception. Specify what parts of the industry you want cleaned up and in what manner so that places know how to respond, and state a solidarity that condones threats of violence even with voices with which you disagree. When the message is incredibly mixed at the moment and a very negative image being associated with the campaign, it's clear there needs to be a reset button somewhere
    Just to be sure you meant "condemns" right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    I never knew that Neo Nazis were into suspenders
    Gotta have something for them to stand out afterall the Klan has their affinity for white and red robes with matching pointed hoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  10. #2450

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    ...and state a solidarity that condones threats of violence...
    Not to be pedantic, but I have to assume you mean 'condemns', here.
    Last edited by Panda Bear; October 17th, 2014 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Have I mentioned that you're the worst recently, Green? Because seriously, Red, you are the absolute worst.

  11. #2451

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Just to be sure you meant "condemns" right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
    Not to be pedantic, but I have to assume you mean 'condemns', here.
    Nice catch guys, this is why I should probably proofread before posting lol

  12. #2452

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
    Not to be pedantic, but I have to assume you mean 'condemns', here.
    Blame the internet and my weird love of snark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  13. #2453

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II



  14. #2454
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Photos and short-story captions of survivors of the Ebola epidemic in west Africa. Their stories are sweet tales of triumph over likely death mixed with terrible sadness because of the loved ones they lost. The virus kills so quickly and there is so little time to mourn for friends, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents, parents and children. Now they have the rest of their lives to carry on and mourn properly because they are the survivors. It's heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time.

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/photos/th...233-slideshow/
    Everything's Eventual...


  15. #2455

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    The solution really is simple as multiple people have brought up. Just start a new campaign with a clear mission and goals that immediately distances itself from the controversial aspects that have amassed in the mere months of gamergate's inception. Specify what parts of the industry you want cleaned up and in what manner so that places know how to respond, and state a solidarity that condemns threats of violence even with voices with which you disagree. When the message is incredibly mixed at the moment and a very negative image being associated with the campaign, it's clear there needs to be a reset button somewhere
    there was literally an attempt to do this in september with the tag #GameEthics but that died because it was an 'SJW attempt to divide the movement'


    to clarify, SJW means the absolute bare minimum of social decency, such as not saying the word 'faggot' or thinking that basic feminist tropes actually exist. Basically anybody who isn't 4chan level posters



    It's been so frustrating to see this garbage topic being revived every other week or so and absolutely nothing good comes out of it, just more and more shit and more and more people parroting the same video links over and over. Im really hoping christmas distracts them all and it fucking dies soon because I don't see anything coming from this at all. And I'm in the group of people who thinks game journalism was shitty before all this crap happened


  16. #2456
    Swole Chihuahua Rogues' Gallery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Writing my Novel

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Blame the internet and my weird love of snark.
    Ah, but the Snark was a Boojum, you see.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    Someone married their stepmom and then got murdered?
    Sounds like he used a monkey paw to make a porno story come true.
    Then the curse of the paw eventually killed him.

  17. #2457

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    I'm just going to advocate that the gamergate stuff get moved to its own thread because it seems like this is going to end up clogging up the thread from actual news. Also full disclosure, I may have had a quite few drinks.

    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    Lots and lots of stuff
    I'm not sure where to begin so I'm just going to dive right in. I've never picture anyone on-line as the typical caricature of one of those "m'lady" jackasses or sterotypical basment nerds. On the Internet, we are all faceless and anonymous until proven otherwise. Personally, you seemed like a pretty decent poster with some fun posts here and there. I was hoping to kind of talk you down from the ledge so to speak, but I see now you have already jumped right in.

    The faction of "gamergate" is in my mind roughly divided into quite a few groups with some more stragglers; saps along for the ride wanting actual change in journalism, the denizens of /v/ and /pol/ who are still upset about the discussion of feminist principles as applied to video games, people jumping on the #notyourshield tag, people who like a good raid, and a few assorted other groups. The stated goal now is corruption in gaming journalism. Sure that is a fine goal because everyone knows corruption is BAD, but who are the main targets. Right now /gg/ is going after Gawker's sponsors to hurt Kotaku and the Gawker network. Fine job taking down Benz and Bonobo. It seems a good place to start right, to take down your biggest critics so far. [1,2,3,4,5,6,7(WARNING: GAWKER LINKS)] Not to mention, a lot of the people at Gawker network are noted assholes. (However, I still like Jolie Kerr even after she moved away from the Awl.) I mean that is logical as Nathan Grayson, was supposedly a direct link of corruption in the Quinngate/Depression Quest/Five Guys bullshit. Also, he was working at Kotaku. The problem is that Mr. Grayson only ever mentioned Quinn for her failed Game Jam at Kotaku and only mentioned Depression Quest in at Rock Paper Shotgun in passing saying it was green-lit. In fact, giving credit where credit is due, Kotaku is one of the only outlets that reported on and followed up on the Jeff Gerstman/Gamespot debacle in 2007. [1,2,3(WARNING:KOTAKU LINKS)] They also refused to work with the insane "Shadows of Mordor" press rules for early copies[[Jimquisition](Yes, I know Jim Sterling is a "subversive person" to the movement, but his point still stands.] If gamergate wanted to be attacking corruption, would it have not been better to start with the biggest and worst examples of gaming corruption and cronyism on a large scale in the industry.(IGN/Gamespt/EA/etc.) Instead, you have been immediately trying to silence your movement's biggest critics. Also, if the 'consumer revolt' would have engaged your critics in a more reasonable manner instead of going straight for boycotting and pulling sponsors, the dialogue probably would have been different. (Yes, I already know about the HuffPo interview and the MundaneMatt youtube stream and they are opposite of a larger worse narrative that gamergate has constructed.)

    Now on to the Sarkeesian issue, which always seems to get brought up in these conversations even though she is more of a commentator than a journalist. /gg/ sleuthed out one possible, not confirmed attacker of how many thousands and it is lauded as fantastic. [We Hunted the Mammoth just because I feel like it] If you want to disagree with her, more power to you, but do it by attacking the points she makes and not the person she is. Don't come at her saying she is not a gamer and therefore her points are invalid. Don't come at her accusing her of corruption and graft with out solid and damning evidence(seriously, she is running as a non-profit.) Don't support harassment either way and allow people to have an open and honest dialogue.

    Donating to charities is almost always a plus, but just like with Andrew Carnegie, good deeds don't wash away sins of the past or present. (The quote eludes me at the moment, but it was something like the Carnegie Libraries were built on the sweat and blood of the Homestead Steel workers.)

    Personally, I been following the whole thing since near the beginning and it seemed pretty inane then too. Everybody was screaming for me to look up the "Quinnspiracy" and gamergate in the comments while I was reading about real harassment against real people. I'm just tired of wasting my time with this. I feel like a majority of the whole campaign of the past month is just trying to gaslight everyone into thinking gamergate isn't still using questionable methods and targeting people for just speaking out against them. Seriously, you've lost public support and you are losing key figures. Even the damn New York Times and CBS are reporting on it in a negative light. I enjoy video games as much as anyone else, but I guess now that Halloween is almost here, gamergate is just getting 2spooky 4me


    In actual news (even if it is a bit old), it seems like IS is finally being driven back from Kobani.
    Last edited by Blagtastic; October 18th, 2014 at 07:34 AM.

  18. #2458

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    I'm just going to advocate that the gamergate stuff get moved to its own thread
    are u trying to kill me


  19. #2459

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    are u trying to kill me
    Maybe figuratively, but not literally.

  20. #2460

    Default Re: Random News Article Discussion II

    Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    are u trying to kill me

    Didn't even have the common courtesy to send you a threatening message first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts