+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Space Jam 2

Default Re: Space Jam 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post

But a sequel now, anno 2014? Age of screeching CGI rodents and smurfs? No sir, I think I'll pass on that Jam just to be safe.
    Suddenly a new Space Jam sounds a whole lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    I would be hollering too if I was a kid watching this movie. When the movie starts, everyone knows to get up because it's time to slam now
    ...I hate you...

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

No, I can't hate Space Jam, just like I can't hate Fern Gully.

I don't know. Appearantly some people can find it in their hearts to dislike a movie where Tim Curry is a flamboyant, singing pollution monster.

Also, "preachy" comes up a lot, but I honestly much prefer Fern Gully to something like Avatar.

Wait, let me rephrase that: I'd honestly prefer Fern Gully twice in a row to Avatar.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    My school made me watch it twice...TWICE!!! And the second time was especially awful because they brought the primary school students (ten to twelve year olds) and they kept screaming and hollering throughout the whole thing. It was hell...
    For whatever reason, the Jungle Book was the default "distract the children" movie at my school. I always had to beware my public image, and not sing along to anything, trying to keep the fine sheen of Disney Disdain that marked you as one of the Cool Kids

I don't know. Appearantly some people can find it in their hearts to dislike a movie where Tim Curry is a flamboyant, singing pollution monster.
    Yeah just gonna ignore that those people exist.

Also, "preachy" comes up a lot, but I honestly much prefer Fern Gully to something like Avatar.

Wait, let me rephrase that: I'd honestly prefer Fern Gully twice in a row to Avatar.
    The only thing that's cool about Avatar is its accuracy in portraying the military, which is actually pretty rare,
    and impressive considering that it takes place in the far future on another planet.

That's a shame. But possibly for the best, since as a sequel they would no doubt use boring just a sexpot Movie Lola instead of super awesome insane Looney Tunes Show Lola, who is among the best characters ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DollarScholar View Post
    Thank God indeed. Im Relieved that Hollywood hasnt actually sunk that low yet. The first movie was a disgrace to both the Looney Toons and Basketball.
    You both deserve whatever punishments I as mod will soon heap upon you.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    That's a shame. But possibly for the best, since as a sequel they would no doubt use boring just a sexpot Movie Lola instead of super awesome insane Looney Tunes Show Lola, who is among the best characters ever.

You both deserve whatever punishments I as mod will soon heap upon you.
    C'mon Robby, let em be.

No reason to go overboard or anything.

*insert pun about jam*
    Last edited by No Maam; February 22nd, 2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Not on my A game today okay ? XD

Also, sexy anthropomorphic rabbits have a much bigger market now than in 1996.

Here's a question. Is there a movie to prefer Avatar over? I'm not a huge movie goer myself, so it's easy for me to say Avatar was probally the biggest waste of time I've spent a movie ticket on. It was also the first and only time I outright fell asleep in a movie theater.

Citizen Kane, mostly. Or one of the really, really bad Pokémon movies that feel like they were written by ten-year-olds. Avatar seems fairly enjoyable in comparison to any of those.
    Last edited by Dryish; February 22nd, 2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: CK, though... I swear that dreck is the most overrated thing of all times.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    Also, sexy anthropomorphic rabbits have a much bigger market now than in 1996.
    True.

Though lord knows the media would be all over that for exactly that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryish View Post
    Citizen Kane, mostly. Or one of the really, really bad Pokémon movies that feel like they were written by ten-year-olds. Avatar seems fairly enjoyable in comparison to any of those.
    For a miniute there I thought you are talking about a live action Pokemon movie. And don't even tell me if it exists or not. I don't think my head would handle the reality of it.

I think there probably is one, I haven't dared to find out. And I don't think I ever will. Even the thought of one is too scary.

But seriously, I watched one of the newer ones with a cousin a few weeks back and it was the single most illogical, inane piece of fiction that I have ever seen adapted in an animated form. It was seriously worse than some of the bad fanfic stories I've read and that speaks volumes.

Like, the climax scene was Ash ascending on some magical freaking magic castle into outer space because some stupid Pokémon that was flying the thing had lost all control and was just going up, so he ran out of air to breathe and passed out... While another guy flew up there with this giant mecha of a robot Pokémon that apparently has jet engines strapped onto it (???) and keeps telling fainted Ash not to give up because he can't let everything end that way. And this guy clearly has no problems breathing whatsoever. Oh, and he's wearing a t-shirt?

I was clawing my face at that point.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

They should go all the way now that they know the expectations for a sequel. Ditch the Sports, put Bill Murray in a giant Garfield Suit, throw some rebooted Looney tunes in there and insert the phrase "Total Pawtashtrophe" in There. I mean, it's the 2010's "Cat-atrosphe" just doesn't cut it.

I expect my shipment of whores and cocaine any minute now Hollywood. Call me.

I think there probably is one, I haven't dared to find out. And I don't think I ever will. Even the thought of one is too scary.

But seriously, I watched one of the newer ones with a cousin a few weeks back and it was the single most illogical, inane piece of fiction that I have ever seen adapted in an animated form. It was seriously worse than some of the bad fanfic stories I've read and that speaks volumes.

Like, the climax scene was Ash ascending on some magical freaking magic castle into outer space because some stupid Pokémon that was flying the thing had lost all control and was just going up, so he ran out of air to breathe and passed out... While another guy flew up there with this giant mecha of a robot Pokémon that apparently has jet engines strapped onto it (???) and keeps telling fainted Ash not to give up because he can't let everything end that way. And this guy clearly has no problems breathing whatsoever. Oh, and he's wearing a t-shirt?

Wow, that must have been an horrible T shirt.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

- by Alfonso Cuaron

Citizen Kane, mostly.
    ..... the hell?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    ..... the hell?
    I honestly don't know what anyone sees in Citizen Kane. It's probably the most boring and uneventful movie ever directed? Stupid people making stupid decisions that only lead to them being miserable and then other characters being all nostalgic about the mistakes they made and how things could have been different is all that I ever saw in it, and it pissed me off to no end.

Of course, I've only ever seen it once and I couldn't pay much attention to any deeper nuances that it might have had because I was so incredibly bored at the time, so it's quite possible that I'm just unaware of all the great stuff that it had... But I don't know, it seems unlikely to me?

Well, that's a bummer. But, then again, I guess it probably would've sucked.

But I can't deny, I loved Space Jam as a kid and I still love it today. One of my all time guilty pleasures (and, hey, Ebert liked it).

Also, it kept surprising me long after the 90s had ended; suddenly, I understood what was up with that guy that randomly shows up at the end! Its that guy, wossname, Ghostbuster dude, Bill Murray! He's a big deal isn't he? Is that what is known as a Cah-mee-Oh?
    Oh yeah, and Swackhammer's line:

"I didn't know Dan Aykroyd was in this picture!"

I honestly don't know what anyone sees in Citizen Kane. It's probably the most boring and uneventful movie ever directed? Stupid people making stupid decisions that only lead to them being miserable and then other characters being all nostalgic about the mistakes they made and how things could have been different is all that I ever saw in it, and it pissed me off to no end.
    A story of love, betrayal, scandal, a huge politcal ordeal, the crumbling of an empire. The sheer scope of covering an entire man's life?

...i know the narrative mysetery hook that ties it all together of "What is rosebud" has long since been ruined by pop culture.... but even without that light mystery holding it together its still a really good movie. Probably doesn't deserve its title of "best ever" which it largely gets for when and where it fell in history and what it pioneered, but... it's still a really good movie full of interesting characters and tragedy.

I can understand not *liking* the film, I'm not a huge fan of Godfather, (don't care for the mobsters) Gone with the Wind, (the lead is a bitch), Ben-Hur (Not a fan of the religious aspect) or 2001 (looks fantastic, not much happens) but... they're still good movies full of great stuff. characterization, direction, setting, acting, music, cinemtography... those films are the all time greats because they have all the pieces.

So yeah, I get it not being your speed, that's fine... but to not see any of what makes it great? To not be pulled in at least a *little* by the story? First time I saw it, it was on tv and I'd missed the first 20 or so minutes and I still got pulled in instantly by the acting and intensity of the scenes. I got entranced by the movie... wasn't till later viewings I picked up on the amazing stuff in the making of it.

But to even begin to say "It's probably the most boring and uneventful movie"? REALLY?

Serious question. I don't mean this sarcastically in any way, You're 20. You grew up even more in the age of internet and cellphones and mtv generally faster paced editing on *everything* than I did and I know there's an actual generational attention span difference as a result. (And my parents before me are even more prone to being able to watch slower films.) How many movies have you seen from before 1975 when Jaws and Star Wars changed the pacing on everything? Are you able to sit through Lawrence of Arabia or Seven Samurai?

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post

"I didn't know Dan Aykroyd was in this picture!"
    That and " Larry Bird isnt't white, Larry Bird is Clear." Compete for my favorite lines in the movie!
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information