+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Space Jam 2

Default Re: Space Jam 2

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    They're laughing at how pathetic Pepe himself is and enjoying the schadenfreude of seeing him fail and suffer, and by extension laughing at French people as a whole.
    That's the joke, yeah, but like we said, it would be funnier if Penelope got angry, instead the constant look on her face is horror. There's also the fact that Pepe is always kissing her face, which as a woman I can say is just cringe-worthy, not funny. It probably would be funnier if he were kissing her hand (which isn't that what flirty Frenchmen do?).

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Again how hard is it to re-write a character other then what they keep complaining what he was in the past. The shorts were long long time ago, is total erasure just the go-to answer for stuff that was consider acceptable back then cause the shorts ain't going away anytime soon.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    That's the joke, yeah, but like we said, it would be funnier if Penelope got angry, instead the constant look on her face is horror. There's also the fact that Pepe is always kissing her face, which as a woman I can say is just cringe-worthy, not funny. It probably would be funnier if he were kissing her hand (which isn't that what flirty Frenchmen do?).
    I know I've seen him do the hand kiss thing.

I think it's been a long time since most of us have seen his cartoons, and when I went back to watch one recently... it really wasn't worth revisiting.

I don't think I ever thought they were funny as a kid, I just watched them because they were on.

.... what in the Matrix Hell?

You'd think a movie making a Matrix reference: a gag that was lazy & old by the time it was parodied in Shrek,
    in the year TWO THOUSAND AND ONE, a full twenty years ago, would be bad enough but no:

Oh, no no no, that's not all:

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

whu t
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hide View Post

.... what in the Matrix Hell?
    If it was just Speedy it might be funnier (Gabriel Iglesias sounds good!), but as said, very outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post

Oh, no no no, that's not all:

. . . . no. Porky Pig was NOT MEANT TO RAP. NONE of the toons are. Porky dropping a beat? Maybe. Rap? Never.

I guess this movie is actively trying to be worse than the original. And also pretend it's still 2001. Except these jokes still would have been embarrassing even back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    . . . . no. Porky Pig was NOT MEANT TO RAP. NONE of the toons are. Porky dropping a beat? Maybe. Rap? Never.
    You're buggin

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    I guess this movie is actively trying to be worse than the original. And also pretend it's still 2001. Except these jokes still would have been embarrassing even back then.
    I mean the original had a throw away reference to Pulp Fiction two years after the movie came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Saw the movie (first time in a theater since 2019!) and as someone who doesn't have nostalgia for the first Space Jam movie or the old Looney Tunes cartoons, I thought it was plenty entertaining. I liked the first movie's Tunes humor better, but thought LeBron had a better presence compared to Jordan and the climactic game had a better structure.

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information