+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Recession Revolutions Thread Part III: Ukraine, Venezuela, Thailand

Default Re: Recession Revolutions Thread Part III: Ukraine, Venezuela, Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Rookiee View Post
    Russian propaganda is a scary thing.

I live in Estonia, the biggest news site here has both a Russian and an Estonian commentary section. In the Russian one, literally 95% of the people are trying to make Russia and Putin look like the victims. Going on about some crazy conspiracies involving the U.S, Jews, Ukrainian 'fascists' and what not. I can't believe how delusional these people are. Even with all the evidence already available. I'm sure the same thing is happening in pretty much every Eastern European country.

Even ridiculous statements like that from the separatists will be eaten up by the Russian masses without giving it a second thought.
    The Estonian comment section is full of that, too. Every news article is like that with some of those "defenders" there, even to the point of spam.

I live in Estonia, the biggest news site here has both a Russian and an Estonian commentary section. In the Russian one, literally 95% of the people are trying to make Russia and Putin look like the victims. Going on about some crazy conspiracies involving the U.S, Jews, Ukrainian 'fascists' and what not. I can't believe how delusional these people are. Even with all the evidence already available. I'm sure the same thing is happening in pretty much every Eastern European country.

Even ridiculous statements like that from the separatists will be eaten up by the Russian masses without giving it a second thought.
    To be honest, the Finnish news sites have similar thing going on, especially IS. Lots of PRO-Russia comments and tons of conspiracy theories that Ukraine and USA shot that plane down and faked evidence to make Russia look guilty so that U.S could rule the world and crap like that. It's not even the Finnish-Russians who write these comments but the same Finns whose parents and grandparents fought two wars against Russia during WWII because Russia did us exactly what they are doing now in Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by creeperqueen View Post
    To be honest, the Finnish news sites have similar thing going on, especially IS. Lots of PRO-Russia comments and tons of conspiracy theories that Ukraine and USA shot that plane down and faked evidence to make Russia look guilty so that U.S could rule the world and crap like that. It's not even the Finnish-Russians who write these comments but the same Finns whose parents and grandparents fought two wars against Russia during WWII because Russia did us exactly what they are doing now in Ukraine.
    How can you tell it's them, and not some bot?

Quote Originally Posted by Lef View Post
    How can you tell it's them, and not some bot?
    Sure, there are probably some bots since registration isn't required on some of these sites, but there is no denying that there are plenty of Finns who'd rather get close to east than west. It's not just this conflict that has lead to Pro-Russia/Putin comments but they excised way before it. We have a name for it, actually, Suomettuminen, but I'm not sure if there is a English counterpart for the word. Basically there are the Finns who hate Russia from the bottom of their hearts, those who think that Russia is okay, but who despise their government and then there are those who fap at everything Putin says and does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizuchan View Post
    The Estonian comment section is full of that, too. Every news article is like that with some of those "defenders" there, even to the point of spam.
    They are the minority in the Estonian section though, and not by a small margin. Also a funny thing to note is that most of the pro Russian comments are written in broken Estonian.

But yeah, I know what you're talking about. I guess it's just that this time the evidence is hard to ignore. During previous discussions there has been a lot more support for Russia.

"Gosh I'm so scared of those Nazis! And those damn Jews too!" lol

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kizuchan View Post
    Take comfort then knowing a lot of it is probably not actually normal people.

They are the minority in the Estonian section though, and not by a small margin. Also a funny thing to note is that most of the pro Russian comments are written in broken Estonian.
    lolll, I rest my case

Meanwhile in the US there's this bizarre otherworldly calm temporarily settling over things where our politicians are united in yelling about Russians and not eachother. It's beautiful. Like a snowball in July.

But yeah, I know what you're talking about. I guess it's just that this time the evidence is hard to ignore. During previous discussions there has been a lot more support for Russia.
    All the Baltic states have to deal with this crap whenever Russia does something stupid. They complain how we are the fascists. Like with the Bronze soldier deal here in Estonia.

and yeah, that propaganda stuff is also occasionally botting and spam and such.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; July 18th, 2014 at 11:54 AM.

Air traffic today.

The owner of twitter account, that been selling/renting abandoned apartments(that belonged to refugees that were forces to flee from occupied territories), have been killed.

The telephone of the owner of said twitter account ended up in the hands of National Guards(last two tweets) they are now checking the people the owner been contacting and conversing with.

https://twitter.com/DNrielt

Just trivia I guess, or a testament that our forces are being more active today

Unconfirmed, there are talks of our forces entering Lugansk. But a lot of shootings going on.

Said they took half of Lugansk under the control?
    Last edited by Lef; July 18th, 2014 at 01:22 PM.

Apparently the Ukrainian government is reporting haven taken part of Luhansk city.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Meanwhile in the US there's this bizarre otherworldly calm temporarily settling over things where our politicians are united in yelling about Russians and not eachother. It's beautiful. Like a snowball in July.
    Even better, that weird fetish some Republicans had with Putin for his perceived strength and manliness and shirtless chest is permanently out of style now that he's indirectly killed 300 people (one of them being an American).

If they can take Luhansk and cause a huge exodus of rebels to Donetsk maybe that will clear the crash site sooner than later.

If I imagined that Putin was anything less than a sociopathic machiavellian, I might imagine he'd be sitting up this past 24 hours wondering if his game of muscle flexation has gone beyond what he intended.

Personal/Trivia/Adventures in the land of Internet/Headache
    Spoiler:
    So I just checked my gallery on imgur, where I have been uploading all my screenshots.... Some of them appeared on dailypaul.com site, I'm still looking where exactly and which one exactly... the site is highly filled with utter crap,

Spoiler:
    one link took me to a youtube video with a supposed evidence of us uploading the overheard convo of terrorist , which according to them was created, like a day before the plane crash, they link it to the file hosting site, where the file was deleted but general info, and time of uploading stayed(which was uploaded on 18 july 2014, 00:09!!!!), it was titled appropriately - сбу.mp4

So-

creation_time: 2014-07-16 19:10:24

The comments called for people to try uploading and downloading the video off youtube yourself, which I did (since I already had to re-upload the video of that talk before), the general info showed the time the video was downloaded, but if opened in player - mediainfo, the video had UTC 2014-07-16 19:40:33, because according to comment -

to vata and other dense ones, “creation_time:” is the time the file was created (“started”) . So that you, *fools*, would understand: put your video on play, come back 24 hours after, paused. creation_time: yesterday. That is if not digging into media data.
    -find the time when file was encoded UTC (it's a time, when youtube re-encoded downloaded file (all files are automatically encoded). So, to everyone's surprise american server of youtube is not synchronized with Greenwich time, and is behind by 24 hours!!!
    I can attest to that, downloaded a random video from youtube that was uploaded 30 min ago, and this was what I got from media data

Encoded date : UTC 2014-07-17 21:58:06
    Tagged date : UTC 2014-07-17 21:58:06

So I just debunked this shitty thing for myself.

Spoiler:
    And here is a debunked lie that is being thrown around a lot on that site/youtube video/other

http://www.stopfake.org/en/lies-span...oeing-tragedy/

And here is a post written in russian http://allin777.livejournal.com/292173.html
    But the user was looking any info on the Spanish forums, I'm leaving it just for reference.

But the thing is, you can't just access those photos without a link, and I posted those here, and here only. I was able to find those via google only by adding "site:arlongpark.net", typing in just MH17 get's me tons of results from more relevant sites(like news sites).

And I still can't find where the hell they were even posted there. Whatever......

The last glimpse of the downed Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 was captured by Malaysian passenger Md Ali Md Salim moments before departure

Personal/Trivia/Adventures in the land of Internet/Headache[SPOILER]So I just checked my gallery on imgur, where I have been uploading all my screenshots.... Some of them appeared on dailypaul.com site, I'm still looking where exactly and which one exactly... the site is highly filled with utter crap
    Ah yes DailyPaul. Don't worry too much, they're fringe idiots of a particular sort here. Nothing remotely mainstream outside of college rooms filled with bored stupid boys and one politician with dumb hair who isn't even going to win his primary in a few years.

If it was someone from around here lol at whatever pussy lurker is too afraid to march their Ron/Rand Paul opinions out into the open.
    You gonna steal her pics and spread them with your ilk boyo? Then at least have the stones to come on in and say hi.

The last glimpse of the downed Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 was captured by Malaysian passenger Md Ali Md Salim moments before departure

This of all the videos makes me a little scared to fly a plane because anyone who has ever been on one goes through this normal procedure of storing your belongings and buckling in while the captain gives some info about the trip before taking off. Everything was normal and everything was alright until it wasn't.

And to see the people alive on video. The last time they were "seen" alive. It's heartbreaking.
    Everything's Eventual...

The U.N. is starting to build it's case against the Russian separatists:

http://news.yahoo.com/us-cant-rule-r...150850840.html

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 1!!
    Twitch / Blogspot

The Russian government springs in action... by editing Wikipedia to pin the blame for the whole thing on the Ukrainian government.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te..._the_mh17.html
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    The Russian government springs in action... by editing Wikipedia to pin the blame for the whole thing on the Ukrainian government.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te..._the_mh17.html
    Russia: "We're totally not the villains here, everyone is misconstruing the real facts!"

*tries to frame the Ukrainian government through wiki edits*

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 1!!
    Twitch / Blogspot

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Truth View Post
    Even better, that weird fetish some Republicans had with Putin for his perceived strength and manliness and shirtless chest is permanently out of style now that he's indirectly killed 300 people (one of them being an American).
    You know, you really don't know shit about politics or world events, and posts like this reveal it. Not only that, but you insist on inserting your hatred of Republicans into most of the things you post, which only adds to the problem.

Its gross how far is Russia willing to go to twist truth... Russian Today is utter piece of crap with even its reporters leaving new station because too much lies and propaganda, If RT would announce that sun would rise up tomorrow I would have to check it out myself...

And its not RT, its all russian state media, social media and everything they can get their hands on... its no wonder why Putin and his criminals are so popular in Russia if they have this magnitude of informal censorship and falseship.

Also here in Finland there is many inviduals who aggressively pursue their Pro-russia agenda, infesting facebook and forums with their putin worship posts how Ukraine is fascists and how Russia is friendly and awesome and Putin being friendly and great leader while USA is to blame every single misfortune in world and how CIA and Ukraine together blow plane out to blame Russia (They really believe it).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information