+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Reverie Discussion Thread

Default Re: The Reverie Discussion Thread

Regarding who can attend the council, wasn't Otohime able to attend it? Wouldn't this indicate that any recognized (as in people know they exist) national entity can attend the council but only member nations get a say in the policy?

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Toraish View Post
    I don't think we should get too excited about all the royalties that we've met and come to know going there and being in the same room.

The Reverie is mainly meant for the 20 founding kingdoms of the World Government plus the current members, right? And the last time we saw it, there weren't that many people present. There's no guarantee most of the people we know of, Dalton, Wapol, Vivi, and Fukaboshi/Neptune aside, are directly affiliated with the WG or even in such an important position within the WG hierarchy that they would get to attend.
    Right.
    In the last meeting Vivi had to wait outside.

And let's not forget that even if Riku gives up his throne, the next in line will be Viola, not Rebecca. In this chapter she was referred to as the queen (not sure if that was an incorrect translation of oujousama). If anything, she lived as a princess for a while and probably had some experience in dealing with important political figures. More than Rebecca does, at least. If Riku is the one to attend the meeting, Viola'd be more likely to tag along than Rebecca.

Just wait till, after all the hype and build up, Oda off-panels the whole thing.

Party pooooopeeeer. . .

Maybe I'm not remembering well, I should search well, but I recall that many kingdoms could partecipate, but the final decisions were made only by the 20 kingdoms that are the WG.
    Proud Kintama Owner

so you say, wapol's new kingdom wouldnt be attend?

If it was only for the funding kingdoms, I'm not sure if Drum/Sakura would have been present there.
    IIRC we didn't see much of the Reverie itself back then, only a part of the desk where it was held (so we could see Wapol & Cobra).

I actually love how Oda makes this a big thing now, after back then we only saw a glimpse of it and it didn't seem too important. Then he brings it back in an OP-like fashion by actually tying it in with more than one plot even (Fishman Island, Shichibukai system.

Other appearances there could be from the present king of Lvneel or the king of the Mogaro Kingdom (which could bring the Funk Brothers as bodyguards :X). I really look forward to it! Vivi meeting Dalton again, both seeing Wapol, Fukaboshi presenting the signatures, talk about the Shichibukai system with Alabasta & Dressrosa having strong cases against it,...

Will the Straw Hats be there though? It's hard to see a way for that to happen, and without any of the main protagonists, how much would we actually see?
    moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Quote Originally Posted by Print Error View Post
    Will the Straw Hats be there though? It's hard to see a way for that to happen, and without any of the main protagonists, how much would we actually see?
    I think the SH's will certainly be discussed at the meeting, we'll get to see the reactions of people like Vivi, Wapol etc.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Luffy will be there, cleverly disguised as a dishwashing boy.

It'll be a reprise of his stint at Bartie

Quote Originally Posted by Print Error View Post
    The first time we got introduced to Sengoku, DoFlamingo, Kuma amongst many others, the meeting did not have any of the straw hats' participation. The brilliance of Oda lies in the fact that he shows the straw hats' adventure as the primary one but he doesn't just stop there. There are also parallel significant events that happen around the world with which the straw hats' might or might not be involved with directly. Gives us a view of the OP universe without showing the main protagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    The first time we got introduced to Sengoku, DoFlamingo, Kuma amongst many others, the meeting did not have any of the straw hats' participation. The brilliance of Oda lies in the fact that he shows the straw hats' adventure as the primary one but he doesn't just stop there. There are also parallel significant events that happen around the world with which the straw hats' might or might not be involved with directly. Gives us a view of the OP universe without showing the main protagonists.
    Oh yes, no, I'm not doubting for a second we'd get to see a lot of it in that fashion.

It's just that without Straw Hat involvement, it won't be like another Marineford. We'll see events but it won't be its own arc, taking up a lot of chapters by itself.
    moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

I think there's a good chance that things go badly for the World Government at the Reverie. Like a section of the world splits off Civil War style or some countries demand to know about the Void Century. Luffy and his allies will eventually wage a war against the World Government after he finds One Piece and learns about the hidden history of it's formation so the Reverie seems like a good time to show us who will be on Team Pirate.

Dragon will arrive at the meeting.
    The VA's will be outside the room fighting the revos.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

We might see representatives from Mogaro Kingdom (Funk Brothers), Rommel Kingdom (Cavendish), Majiasuka Kingdom (Rolling Logan), Lvneel Kingdom (Noland's home), and Doerena Kingdom (someone from the coliseum)

A Drink After Midnight Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

I hope the Reverie ends with a tense staring between the countries that'll stick with the WG and the countries that'll back Luffy when the shit hits the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    I hope the Reverie ends with a tense staring between the countries that'll stick with the WG and the countries that'll back Luffy when the shit hits the fan.
    Alabasta, Sakura Kingdom, Fishman Island, Dressrosa...

4 out of 170 or more potential nations.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Luffy will be there, cleverly disguised as a dishwashing boy.

It'll be a reprise of his stint at Bartie
    hahaha m8, what about the rest of the crew? Disguised as waiters?

I hope somehow the strawhat pirates are involved in this. Mariejoa is one of the last great locations that the strawhats have passed but have not seen yet. And yes while I know its the WG headquarters, on top of a mountain, and guarded probably by the strongest characters in One Piece, I still hope it happens. There is too much good there for something like them not appearing to happen.

The way I see it, it will involve a hefty load of plot elements including FI true destruction, along with bypassing the new marine HQ and arriving at Mariejois. Thats my dream prediction. Hey they did it with Impel Down, as who knew a prison would be so awesome to see.

A Drink After Midnight Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    hahaha m8, what about the rest of the crew? Disguised as waiters?
    At least one of them needs to be disguised as the ruler of some tiny obscure kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    I hope somehow the strawhat pirates are involved in this. Mariejoa is one of the last great locations that the strawhats have passed but have not seen yet. And yes while I know its the WG headquarters, on top of a mountain, and guarded probably by the strongest characters in One Piece, I still hope it happens. There is too much good there for something like them not appearing to happen.

The way I see it, it will involve a hefty load of plot elements including FI true destruction, along with bypassing the new marine HQ and arriving at Mariejois. Thats my dream prediction. Hey they did it with Impel Down, as who knew a prison would be so awesome to see.
    When you mean they got into and out of Impel Down that was only Luffy, and he almost died doing that. Realistically I just can't see (at the moment) how the Straw Hats could go there and not get destroyed, you would think that all the top forces of the Marines (including Akainu, the admirals) will be there, not to mention the Gorosei and other bad asses we probably haven't seen yet. Just doesn't seem possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    At least one of them needs to be disguised as the ruler of some tiny obscure kingdom.
    I will laugh so fucking hard if this becomes true. Especially if its Luffy haha

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information