+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Photography sub-forum within the creativity section.

Default Photography sub-forum within the creativity section.

I'd like to see photography get its own small section within the creativity subforums. It doesn't fall into the art section, nor any of the other subforums. Plus it is a real pain trying to find them among any of the other threads, even by using the search bar; as not everyone has the term photography (pics etc) within the thread title.

I also think it will help drive people to start posting pictures that aren't selfies, and really open up the brilliance of every users country and the neat places, objects or historically significant pieces of architecture or otherwise .

If this goes through, then i plan to open up some stickied thread ideas, and competitions for everyone. including a world map that will encompass the best we've all snapped of each country. Just imagine if we could cover the world with our members photos. Pretty cool in my eyes.

Default Re: Photography sub-forum within the creativity section.

The thing is the creativity forum is really, really slow everywhere outside of Arts and maybe Writings. The rest have like 10 threads that got posted in this past entire year. Subdividing it further doesn't sound like a good idea. But maybe if enough photographers crawl out of the woodwork and second your request, we could try it?

And to add to that, we have like... two semi-active people who keep posting their own photos, right? A new section would live for a couple of weeks or months and just die off as soon as those very few people who actively posted there went inactive because they had more important things to do someplace else. Even the writing section that was probably the most active one out of the five (six) when people like Kenny, Kitsune, Jay, and Cuddles were posting en masse has gone under.

Yeah, it could be cool, I guess, but these things respond to demand. :V
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Maybe we could have a photography thread in one of the existing subforums instead. (I'm assuming we don't already have a collective one, which we don't from what I've seen.) Posting photographs alone might not distinguish it enough from the PYP thread, so maybe it could be for people to post their photographs (those that don't feel right in the PYP thread) as well as to discuss photography. If it's just a thread instead of a subforum (to start off), it seems like a safer gamble to make.
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

Yeah, there's like no need for this outside of a general photography thread, or something in the Arts. I've been doing some minor photography myself, but what I do feel like posting I'd probably just post in my art thread.

Isn't there an "Others" subforum for miscellanous stuff? Why not there?

I second Smudger. I'll spam some of my pictures from time to time ~maybe~. I know a little bit about photography and might provide a few pointers to the few folks who are looking for some.

How about we go half way and sticky a photographh thread in the art section. I think it'll pick up and fair amount of posters over time. And yeah, offer some people a chance to discuss and give tips towards improving.

@cooldud : so what camera are you using? I've always been playing with super zoom bridge cameras. I just don't get tie appeal of dslr's unless I have several grands worth of lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    @cooldud : so what camera are you using? I've always been playing with super zoom bridge cameras. I just don't get tie appeal of dslr's unless I have several grands worth of lenses.
    I have a Nikon D7000.

My use case is slightly different than your typical superzoom user. I am mostly into street and landscape photography. For general walkabout photography, my 35mm f1.8 Nikon lens is very handy (50mm equivalent on a full sensor camera), and that is the lens I leave on the camera most often. I recently splurged $600 onto an ultrawide lens (goes up to 12mm on the wide end). It was a tad excessive but I can see myself using that a lot shooting landscapes, so it was probably worth it. It also managed to get a huge Indian joint family in one frame at a recent family function, so that is another good use of that lens.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information