+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2385

Thread: FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil

Default Re: FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil

He kind of sounds like the actress girl from Inglorious Basterds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    „Des interessiert mi ois ned der Scheißdreck! Weltmeister samma! Den Pot hamma! Den scheiß goldnen Schuah kannst dir hinter d’Ohren schmierrn!“

Translated:

"I don't give a flying fuck about this crap. We are world champions. We got the cup! You can grease your ears with the bloody golden boot."

It's extra hilarious because he says it with a Bavarian dialect.

Edit:

How about this:

Nyaha. Very cute. I don't get what Bavarian makes it so special though.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Nyaha. Very cute. I don't get what Bavarian makes it so special though.
    People outside of Bavaria tend to have issues understanding the dialect, you can even find a few comments at youtube asking for a translation.

But what I personally find funny, and extremely charming, is the fact that he usually doesn't talk in Bavarian. He is quite level-headed most of the time, a little trollish maybe, but always keeping a professional straight face in interviews with a (more or less) perfect High German. Him having a breakout like that, literally not giving a shit about the golden boot, the interviewer and his language is simply priceless.
    Last edited by Jabra; July 14th, 2014 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Congratulations to our team, well deserved.

Now I wonder if this was really worth it for anyone who isn't Germany. Bittersweet victory in a bittersweet cup.
    Well, since my country isn't participating and probably won't be in the next twenty years, I gotta say this was fun tournament to watch (didn't have any heart seizures like I do when my country's playing) - even for a non-football fanatic like me. Plus, with no Nordics in the cup I was rooting for Germany from the get go, so here is one non-German who thinks it was definitely worth it even if it messed up my schedules pretty bad.

I'm already feeling sad that it's all over - to think I have to wait four years for the next tournament. Well, at least there is the European champs before that and I will be spending probably one more week trying to finish my World cup sticker collection so there's that, as well as the inevitable "sexiest player(s)" of the tournament -aftermath with my sisters and mom

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    He kind of sounds like the actress girl from Inglorious Basterds.
    Bridgette Von Hammersmark?

...Yeah, I get what you mean.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Yeah, I heard Müller's interview on the radio and had to chuckle myself. Completely understandable reaction and like it's been mentioned, totally adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_awards

According to wikipedia, it was Vladimir Putin who won the Golden Ball this year. And he apparently was playing for Argentina as well! Still better than Lionel McOverrated, eh?

It's funny though. Just look at the previous winners: 2002 Kahn, 2006 Zidane, 2010 Forlán. And this year it's fucking Messi of all people. Awarded for showing a mediocre performance to his fans worldwide. Way to go, FIFA.
    Sorry, but that's just. . .wrong. Plain wrong.

Messi had quite the shitty year, everyone agrees on that. But for the past 4-5 years? He's had no competition whatsoever. He's been absolutely, undisputed number one in the entire planet.

There's just tons of people that do not want to include him among the top best players in the history of football, so "they" (whomever "they" might be) imposed upon him the condition that "unless he wins a World Cup, he will never be among the best", which is funny since that doesn't stop Cruyff and Di Stéfano to be (deservedly) among the best ever.

That being said, he totally did NOT deserve the Golden Ball, and you can tell he knows it just by looking at his face. He's in a pathetic physical condition, and he has been puking at every single game throughout the whole season, which is, at the very least, very, very worrying. Apparently there's nothing wrong with his health, but. . .is that the true?

The celebration in Berlin was just beautiful. Goddamn, I'm just so happy right now... I could watch it forever ;__;
    And now... the World Cup truly is over.
    I already miss it. Miss this incredible month that passed by so quickly.
    What a great time it was, what a great World Cup with the best ending imaginable.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Yeah, kinda sad it's over, but it was overall a joy to watch and had the perfect ending. Now it's only two years till european cup, I can't wait.^^
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

I really did enjoy this World Cup. The group phase was really exciting and interesting, with some great matches and a lot of surprises. After that, the pace got dropped considerably, but there were still some good matches and overall it was a fun World Cup to watch. I'm also excited that Belgium got as far as they did, and that I predicted the winner :D. And happy that Germany won, of course.

And now that the World Cup is over we can all get back to the Tour de France.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    And now that the World Cup is over we can all get back to the Tour de France.
    This made me laugh harder than it should have, really.

Most goals scored in a tournament
    171 goals, 1998 and 2014.
    That alone made this World Cup so entertaining. And had that playstyle continued in the round of 16 and onwards, we would've broken yet another record.

Edit: Nostalgia got the better of me and so I went and watched a 'best of' of Brazil's 2002 team. And then I remembered the pathetic group of players we were presented in this year's WC...
    Also, I seriously miss Collina. That man was the very definition of a referee. Wish we had more of his sort...
    Last edited by Enzeru; July 15th, 2014 at 08:53 AM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

This was a great Cup who would have predicted Colombia, Costa Rica, U.S., and a bunch of other countries to do so well?

Quote Originally Posted by God of Skypeia View Post
    This was a great Cup who would have predicted Colombia, Costa Rica, U.S., and a bunch of other countries to do so well?
    Didn't the U.S. finish in the exact same stage of the tournament in 2010?
    No reason to assume they wouldn't get there again.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    Didn't the U.S. finish in the exact same stage of the tournament in 2010?
    No reason to assume they wouldn't get there again.
    Well, you gotta remember that they were in a group that was one of the toughest ones. Ghana was the African team that did the best in 2010 making it to top 8, Portugal was expected to be dangerous but they failed hard because about 1/3 of their key-players got injured, Pepe was being an idiot, Ronaldo was just recovered from his injury etc. And then there was Germany who has now finished top 3 in a row, like four times?
    USA qualifying was not considered impossible but lets be fair. Most people expected Germany and Portugal qualify...

Expectations for Russia, anybody?

Brazil to suck again.
    Spain to recompose and doing a decent tournament.
    Belgium to breeze the group stage again.

The rest i have no idea.

Well good thing USA didn't lose to Germany as bad as Brazil did.

I mean poor Brazil....
    Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Expectations for Russia, anybody?
    Russia will not come far, again. And I kinda would wish it for them, not only because the cup is held in their country, but also because I am half russian.^^ At least quarter finals would be nice.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information