+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick and Morty

Default Re: Rick and Morty

Holy cow this episode was even better. Morty actually got to take charge in some scenes, and Rick's lines ("Pirates of the Pancreas") were as amusing as ever.

....but was it ever confirmed what the doctor was? Looked like a bacteria to me.

Considering his knowledge on malfunctions in the body(and disability to face nastier diseases), I'd say he was a white blood cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Considering his knowledge on malfunctions in the body(and disability to face nastier diseases), I'd say he was a white blood cell.
    Ah, that adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hell View Post
    I told you guys this show had excellent potential.

I honestly was surprised people were doubting it at all. You're all fools this show rules
    That first episode wasn't really that good. It had some funny moments. But it had weird passing, 90% of Rick's dialogue is was annoying between burbing, spitting, or saying "Morty" too much.

The last two episodes toned down the weak points and had a lot more appealing stories.

Personally I like the first one. If because it solely focused on introducing the main shtick behind the main characters(and the main concept) before spreading it over to others. Not everyone's cup of tea(I certainly know more people that liked the first episode), but I thought it was an excellent introduction.

The ending is gold! (19:00 rick jamming out to baker street)

I've been watching this from day 1, and really shocked how little attention it gets. Even the people here that subscribe to adultswim mostly seem to skim over it, as many many other cool new online shows.
    Last edited by Smudger; January 13th, 2014 at 10:42 PM.

Well it's a new show and the attention is slowly picking up. I'd say it's pretty good.

As for the episode. Loved it. Rick's interactions with "not-Morty" was kinda adorable. Even the ones after the credits. In some twisted way, he really does have this strange deranged friendship with him. And also, like every episode... The visuals are settings are always a great roller coaster ride. The production value seems nuts, especially in the background art.

Also David Cross in that episode was so damn spot on it hurts.

Aww, David Cross was perfect as the alien leader.

Also loved how once again, there's this giant adventure unfolding in like 20 minutes. Wasn't expecting there to be...what, 3 simulations on top of each other? Rick getting the upper hand at the end was genius.

Oh yeah, Jerry has skyrocketed to the top of my favorites. "Human music? Hmm...."

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

In his defense, "Human Music" could very well be the name of an actual band.

This one was alright, it was still entertaining but not ad funny as the previous two eps. Still gotta shout out to what they do with the animation. The glitching simulation effects were great!

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    In his defense, "Human Music" could very well be the name of an actual band.
    True, although it was just the intrigued way he said it. Heh.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

That Meeseeks episodes was hilarious. I wasn't the biggest fan of last weeks episode but it was still ok but this was great. If they can do things like this for the rest of the season they'll be in good shape.

Everything from the way they talked to their premise that they wanted to die was just brilliant.

Rick is a cold blooded hero. I could definately see where Dan fine tunes Justin's conceptual insanity with down-to-earth humanity when it comes to writing this show. It's a good pair.

As for the episode, the setting was very different compared to the others. And I mean it felt pretty original and not based off something in "pop-science fiction". But I guess that's what would happen if Morty is in charge. I'd like to see more adventures like this, maybe in small doses. The B-plot was also amusing. Those poor homicidal Meeseeks.

So far I'm in love with the show. My only compliment is sometimes the voices like Morty's and the Meseeks hurt me..

There was a lot of fun contrasting elements to this episode. Between not having a giant pop culture reference as the main fondation it was also more fantasy than sci-fi.

Welp, figures the Meeseeks would drive themselves homicidal over improving Jerry's game, lol

Main plot was good too! Morty gets his day in charge, he and Rick learn from each other....and there was this neat blend of fantasy with some sci-fi. How did that jelly bean become king? Why was the first giant fairy tale-esque but everything else giant-based was contemporary? (rhetoric questions to muse)

Rick blasting the jelly bean at the end was awesome.

The next episode is out.

ricks intro speech hilarious.

I was kinda....baffled on how things ended like that. Was Morty all somber because of how easily Rick and he can replace themselves in a reality (therefore undoing any incident all at once), or that his simple desire snowballed into the degradation of his reality? I did like how they took the usual "love potion backfires" plot and turned it into something completely different.

Jerry kicked ass this ep.

Spoiler:
    The show just keeps getting on better and better.

I'm going to miss the doomed reality versions of Morty's parents. That episode had some depth to it, especially considering that Rick shows he cannot really fix everything perfectly like he usually does.

Oh my god Zardoz references I underestimated this show.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information