+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Grimdark Edgy Science Show (Rick & Morty Thread)

Default Re: Rick and Morty

I did like some of season 4, but I didn't smile at all at this trailer.

I don't know if I like Rick and Morty any more. :/

On the plus side Solar Opposites season 2 was fun.

I'll give it a try, but they kinda lost me after last seasons "Lets troll the fans who want plot and character development" Meta-train episode.

S1 is great and fun. Rick is a genius asshole that drags his grandson into fun situations for his reserarch or fun that ends up going horribly wrong.

S2 is great . Rick is an asshole that loves his grandson but drags him into fun situations for his reserarch or fun cause if he stops for to long he has to deal with how miserable he is but it always goes wrong. I didnt really care for trying to start a path of redemption for Rick because the show is at his most fun for me when unapologetic.

S3 alternated good episodes with boring ones. I think this is the episode where they started to really love the long fight with crazy scifi bit. But they were still jokes and funny character interraction around them. Its also the one where the situation has to already be at 100 instead of building to it.
    And they kept alternating between the arc of Rick and the familiy that they wanted and Rick being an unapologetic asshole that the audience want. And I think thats the season where the show decided to be meaner because shocking is funny.

S4 had 2 great episodes(train and vat of Acid) and a lot of lazy ones where they replaced funny jokes with over the top scifi and violence and also meta references I guess.

The show is mostly a parody of itself at this point. Its pretty much look at all the crazy shit we can do in 20 minutes instead of Lets pick a specific simple concept and watch it slowly and logically grow absurb in a funny way. I hope they will be one great episode the next season. Out of 10 episodes there has to be be one where they dont feel like doing explosions and just do a vat of Acid.

I must be the only one who was put off by Season 2. That season made it evident to me that this show was just going to be about grimdark edgy humor and there would be no substantial plot line progression or character growth that the first season was hinting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    I must be the only one who was put off by Season 2. That season made it evident to me that this show was just going to be about grimdark edgy humor and there would be no substantial plot line progression or character growth that the first season was hinting at.
    That's essentially what I got out of it too, but I don't mind grimdark edgy humor (as long as it's funny) and the show was still very entertaining.

Season 4 had the heist episode, which was great, followed by the dragon sex episode, which was... unpleasant and disturbing.

Then the second half had the train episode which went so far overboard with the meta humor that I had to go online and ask people what the episode was even about. The Vat of Acid episode was the only one I liked in the second half, and by that point it was clear that they needed a writing break to refresh their brains or something because the show was no longer consistently funny.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    That's essentially what I got out of it too, but I don't mind grimdark edgy humor (as long as it's funny)
    I agree, but a lot of the time the dark stuff feels really pandering. Like Harmon knows his target audience is angsty teens and he's just trying to appeal to them on the simplest level. Or I dunno. My feelings are kinda sporadic when it comes to dark stuff.

In any case, I still like Rick and Morty enough to keep watching it, but I just feel like the show could have been more than what it is.

And thank you to whoever changed the thread title.

Default Re: Grimdark Edgy Science Show

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Default Re: Grimdark Edgy Science Show (Rick & Morty Thread)

Wa-wa-wa why isn't the show about family anymore ?
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

The first episode uncensored is out on YouTube (dunno if it’s available outside the US).
    Like always, it was fun. this episode was a lot of fun. For comparison, it’s been a bit but I think season 3 was my low point, with season 4 being entertaining but forgettable. This episode was pretty creative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

That second episode was actually draining to watch

The Electoral College joke was easily the best part.

Spoiler:
    Bonus point for the Star Fox reference.

The last episode included stuff about family. It should, I said should, make this forum enjoy it a bit

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Anyway, I feel like having missed an episode though

Episode 3 was good, but it certainly missed a little bit of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Anyway, I feel like having missed an episode though
    Yeah, missed the previous episode... it was pretty creative I've gotta say. And immoral lol

I also enjoyed the casual shitting on Marvel studios.

Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Great Scott!

i had to say it....
    NintendoID: Zodiark14

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Welp the circle is complete.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

I feel like the promos for Rick and Morty are better than the show itself nowadays.

Hope they don't get confused that this is not Back to the Future.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Well the last three episodes sure were good stuff.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information