+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick and Morty

~Preventing dryer fires in washrooms across the country~

Default Re: Rick and Morty

That was a great first episode. Can't wait for more.
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

Oh hey second episode's up already
    Spoiler:
    No idea they got Aaron Paul as a guest star.

Also:

Last edited by Pachylad; December 10th, 2013 at 07:37 AM.

That episode was a bigger adventure than the first. Surprised how much was packed within 20 minutes. It was fun from start to finish.
    Morty's dog was really fucking adorable. Even when he was hellbent on taking over humanity :3

Gonna play the 2nd chapter of thier dumb game later today.

edit: Oh.. it's not out yet.

Gave it a quick watch and yep... 2nd episode is pretty awesome. A LOT of stuff happens within a span of twenty minutes and I'm glad the writers don't waste any time with the plot and the jokes/humor is well timed. Definitely a step up from the first episode which had a lot of weird awkward pacing (especially when compared to the 2nd ep).

One kinda major-ish complaint is doing an Inception parody with Freddy. I know they made it clear they are remarkably self-aware of doing an Inception parody but...they pretty much covered all the bases that South Park already did INCLUDING the Freddy parody. However, fortunately they sorta differentiated themself by focusing a lot more on parodying some of Nightmare on Elm Street's goofy quirks rather than strictly Inception for a while (such as by making Terry remarkably hilarious as a character). Oh and everything that had to do with Snuffles was freaking awesome. This was pretty awesome. I hope for more episodes like this in the coming future.

PS: Is it me or is Rick a lot more interesting and fun when he's coherent and not...confused and really awkward like in the first episode?

PSS: Also the title is a great reference if anyone gets it.

Here's a link to the episode in case anyone is too lazy to just...youtube it.

Last edited by valiantt; December 10th, 2013 at 07:25 PM.

I love my weird taste.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Yeah the second episode was much better than the first. Glad I decided to stick around!

It has my roommate goin "You don't know me!" all day.

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

This show reaaaaaaally has a lot of moments in it that add up to a lot more than it seems. It's such a low key show without a lot of, if any, laugh-out-loud moments but it's better than just two awkward dudes saying small talk

I dig it personally

Yep, yep, liked the second episode a lot more. Dialogue was less rambling and Rick drooled/burped less. Steps in the right direction!

Aside from that, I just love how more and more crazy the dream sequences got. The orgy sequence was absolutely horrifying and absolutely hilarious. Then they teamed up with the killer (after successively hiding and not running, loved that) and boom! Morty gets an A.

And the dog enslaving mankind....the mom knew immediately things would spiral out of control. I dunno what it is, but Jerry's becoming a favorite of mine purely because of his dialogue. Like he acts like he knows everything, but knows next to nothing.

I'll miss you, SnowballSnuffles.

To be honest, I enjoyed the first episode more, but I still did enjoy this episode a lot also.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

The step in quality between episodes is crazy. Episode 2 was something I proudly showed a few of my friends and got them into it. Here's hoping the rest of the season is in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver R. Bolt View Post
    The step in quality between episodes is crazy. Episode 2 was something I proudly showed a few of my friends and got them into it. Here's hoping the rest of the season is in that direction.
    I preferred the first episode, but this was still good. It still seems unreal for it be a Adult Swim cartoon since it's not as gross or weird as the other cartoons on the channel.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

~Preventing dryer fires in washrooms across the country~

What a great second episode. You all pretty much said what I was thinking, so here's looking to next Monday!

EDIT-

I just watched a Youtube video with a Rick and Morty ad.

Rick suicide bombs.
    Last edited by krule274; December 13th, 2013 at 05:49 PM.
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

This ain't half bad haha
    Hey you! Let's party!

Didn't like the new episode at first. Partially because I was expecting to be amusingly grossed out. That tweet I got last week made me a bit exited and I didn't want to be let down.
    Then came that whole sequence of Rick enlarging that smelly corpse in Earth's orbit over the United States and then proceeding to bomb its chunks all over the country. That was great.

Okay, the series is finally starting to get to me. In the good way, not the 'I am succumbing to an early death at the hands of this' kind of way. The stinger at the end of this episode had me laughing.

Also, Raining Blood.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Wow, the 3rd episode is even better than the 2nd and it was equally jam packed with just...STUFF happening. I swear, the writing staff doesn't waste any time with the 22 minutes provided. Interesting how both episode 2 and 3 managed to handle both a small AND large scale story at the same time within this time span which is remarkably impressive. Yeah the writing staff deserves a lot of credit for their pacing, timing, and overall flow of the narrative (as well as the creativity behind parodies and allusions).

I told you guys this show had excellent potential.

I honestly was surprised people were doubting it at all. You're all fools this show rules

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Oh blah blah blah.

Was anyone really doubting its potential though?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    Oh blah blah blah.
    ...why are you posting in here if that's all you have to say about this?

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    ...why are you posting in here?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information