+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted (PS4)

Default Re: Uncharted (PS4)

Okay they have come out and said the trailer was in-engine and isn't a target render. But NDs games have always used pre-rendered cutscenes and we all know about the downgrade Uncharted 3 took.

I really don't get the obsession with in-engine vs. target render with cutscenes anyway. It's a cutscene; why does it matter? You think you're going to be looking at all those hyper-realistic pores on Drake's nose when you're massacring 800 nazi terrorist russians? No! All those textures mean diddlysquat in a third-person game because you're floating 20 feet away from any texture surface anyway, how the fuck are you gonna tell? I hate gaf so much

It shows the general level of fidelity they''re going for. That being said, I don't think it's real time on PS4. I don't know why devs expect people to believe them after all the lies that always make up E3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    It shows the general level of fidelity they''re going for. That being said, I don't think it's real time on PS4. I don't know why devs expect people to believe them after all the lies that always make up E3.
    Well ND devs are stating the trailer is realtime in-engine running on a single PS4 and that starting with Uncharted 4 all ND games will have realtime cutscenes.

I don't believe them .

I'm going to, if simply for the backlash they know they'll receive if the game doesn't look like that. The actual trailer has been proven to be realtime already tho by people analyzing the video.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    Ok this is something to be a bit skeptical about but I've read that they're targeting 60 fps with those visuals.
    I expect some downgrade but I also can believe it won't be far off. It's just that naughty dog has that much technical pedigree.
    And at places the Last of Us gave the impression like it was next gen. In addition Uncharted games tend to be very focused, so a lot of power that would usually go into open world(cause that's all the fuzz right now) can be used in other ways.

Again I take it with a grain of salt but it feels like it might be feasible.
    I was kind of refering to being the "last" game in the series but....with regards to the graphics I'm not sure one way of the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The Japanese title has leaked.

Uncharted 4: The Pirate King and the Final Secret Treasure

Wow... I mean, I knew it had to do with pirates, the skeletons in cages were a dead giveaway, but man... that subtitle is literally One Piece LOL.

lol the game better start with a Gold Roger's monologue.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Japanese Version will actually be a one piece game with drake joining the crew and they go on an adventure.

Onecharted .

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

This game had my curiosity, but now it has my attention. xD

Well Sakonosolo, you were right I guess. 15 minute demo of the game was shown this morning; 30fps AND visual degradation. Wow.

I didn't watch it but maybe the 30 fps was just because of the stream? Unless it was explicitly said that it's 30 fps. Any comparison shots of the downgrade? Wonder if Naughty Dog will make a statement.

I didn't watch it but maybe the 30 fps was just because of the stream? Unless it was explicitly said that it's 30 fps. Any comparison shots of the downgrade? Wonder if Naughty Dog will make a statement.
    From blog.us.playstation.com

Although we are still in the pre-alpha stage of development, everything you see in the video is in-game and in real-time running at 1080p and a stable 30hz.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...irst-gameplay/

Demo compared to what we saw on E3

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by abomish3al; December 6th, 2014 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abomish3al View Post

And your point with pictures is?

I seen here some "I complain for a hobby without second thoughts-like" complaining on downgrade of graphics here..

When first video was at night and shown Drake getting up from water- they picked most flashy graphically scene to show off what new Uncharted will look like in cutscene, what engine can render in real time.. This is gameplay and as you compare face features on Drake and fact that its different time of day then you come to understand that there is no downgrade. If we would see gameplay and cutscenes at night then we can compare.

I dislike that internet is so full of people looking on graphics, complaining mostly on them and then not even playing - often not even having system that criticized by them game runs on. Its not complaining, its not constructive critique(if there is something like that when it comes to video games) its simply put "bitching".
    Naughty Dog is one of best developers and they will give fantastic game around year from now and some people just waste time on hating, overusing word like "downgrade" etc. Year from now on you will have game with even better graphics at moments than in that one cutscene from some time ago. Beside that quality we already seen today is incredible, its Uncharted game and not second comming of Jesus.

You all should get realistic expectations for games. Console systems are limited(pretty strong but limited in ways) so authors have to go around some limitations in time - I am writing about gameplay framerate - it will be from 30 - 60fps per second. With such level of detail and bigger action pieces I would not expect locked 60fps per second in every scene. In some - of course yes - in many others, not really.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-playstation-4

And we just seen PRE ALPHA - not final product.

I didnt wanted to write anything but some of you here really dont give second thought to your expectations.
    Last edited by sabinis; December 7th, 2014 at 01:38 AM.

I don't believe them .
    Quote Originally Posted by abomish3al View Post
    They both look the same to me. In one Drake is all wet or is raining and darker and we all know video games look more beautiful when it rains.

Big MoM ate - 2012
    CC for nakama.

Quote Originally Posted by sabinis View Post
    complaining on downgrade of graphics here..
    Only people who tend to complain about downgrades are PC gamers getting ports of console games. And people rightfully upset about Watch Dogs.

I dislike that internet is so full of people looking on graphics,
    We've moved on from this now we complain about things that really matter (sarcasm) such as resolutions, framerates, delays.

Naughty Dog is one of best developers and they will give fantastic game around year from now
    After the rough patch of Uncharted 3 they'd better.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    After the rough patch of Uncharted 3 they'd better.
    What do you mean?

What do you mean?
    3 had the weakest story in the series and a main villain whose potential was squandered.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information