+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Crunchyroll to simulcast One Piece!

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Default Crunchyroll to simulcast One Piece!

Breaking News!^^ Crunchyroll is going to simulcast one piece starting november 2nd.
    Here's the article: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/10/31-1/crunchyroll-to-simulcast-one-piece-anime

I thinks it's great, since now more people will start watching it, who previosly couldn't on funimations channel.

Default Re: Crunchyroll to simulcast One Piece!

Well the question is whether they'll have the damn proper opening or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    Well the question is whether they'll have the damn proper opening or not.
    Exactly this. Honestly the biggest factor for watching the Funi simulcast, for me, is the fact that they don't have the new opening. If crunchyroll does, then I'll happily watch there.

Also, great news, hopefully this will get more people into it!

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

A lot of people have been asking for this, so it's good to see that it's finally happening.

Now, are they going to put up all the subbed episodes that are currently available from OPOfficial or are they going to start from 619 forward?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read the whole article.

And are other Funimation-licensed shows going to come to Crunchyroll soon?

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Sadly europe pretty much gets the short end of the stick each time. Toei probably doesn't wanna give them the license for most of the uropean countries, becaue they have already contracts set up with the companies there. The problem is that we just don't have a service like crunchyroll for example that streams the newest animes. Well now at least I can watch one piece legally on crunchyroll, since I can easily bypass the region blcoks with a proxy. Unfortunately only as a free member, since paypal always has the same error, when I try to buy a membership and they just can't fix it apparently.^^ Ah well 1 week wait isn't that bad. Although I think in the article it was stated that one piece also would be available for free memberson the same day. Hopefully that means for every episode not just the first that's getting simulcasted. The hoops one has jump through only to watch it legally, instead of watching it on illegal streaming sites, lol.

Stowaway

I feel that since they had to sub-license from Funimation for North America and Latin America has a 24 hour delay that it will be the Funimation stream :-( I like the new OP as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TegamiBachi View Post
    I feel that since they had to sub-license from Funimation for North America and Latin America has a 24 hour delay that it will be the Funimation stream :-(
    Well, i'm expecting it to be HD, not the awful resolution Funimation works with.

Quote Originally Posted by TegamiBachi View Post
    I feel that since they had to sub-license from Funimation for North America and Latin America has a 24 hour delay that it will be the Funimation stream :-( I like the new OP as well.
    It sounds like they licensed it directly from Toei Animation, not FUNimation. FUNimation is specifically a North American company, not a Japanese company that has exclusive rights to multiple regions like that.

If you notice the show will be available in USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America. That correlates to the fact that those are all the regions Toei Animation Inc. deals with. And Toei Animation Inc. is an affiliated company of the larger Toei Animation Co. Ltd., which is the actual main company in Japan. If you look at the company description is follows:

TOEI ANIMATION has been distributing its popular Japanese Animation films and derivative character licensing through local partners all over American regions for over 13 years. TOEI ANIMATION INCORPORATED (TAI). a wholly-owned subsidiary of Toei Animation Co., Ltd. established in Los Angeles in March 2004, looks forward to spreading the world-renowned Japanese animation studio’s extensive library and pursuing co-production projects in North and Latin America and other English-speaking territories worldwide. The main business operations of TAI include film licensing in all media and emerging platforms, merchandise licensing and co-productions with local establishments.

The reason it doesn't cover U.K. and Ireland is cuz those rights are dealt with by Toei Animation Europe S.A.S.:

Considering access to the 5 major markets in Europe; France, Spain, Italy, Germany, and the UK; Toei Animation Europe S.A.S (TAEU) was established in Paris, France in December 2004.
    The establishment of this local office enables direct and strategic planning with local major television stations and merchandising licensees.
    TAEU also globally expands its boundaries for licensing in areas such as Eastern Europe, Russia, the Middle East, and Africa.

http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/english/..._companies.php

So now we have a title simulcasting from two different sources (one free, the other subscription) for the same region? Has this ever happened before?

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    So now we have a title simulcasting from two different sources (one free, the other subscription) for the same region? Has this ever happened before?
    I'm sure it's happened before, most recent example I can think of is Attack On Titan. Nothing groundbreaking about this.
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

"Fairy Tail" is the biggest example of something streaming on both FUNimation and Cruncchyroll for the North American market.

you know what this means? HIGHER RESOLTION AT LAST, no longer with those horrid 240p subs. and i love ya fnimation, but seriously, that shit got old. i want to watch 2013 episodes in 720p. now i can feel proud watching this off my 1080p tv.

i think its time to do the booty dance

At first i was upset at losing this account, but it gave me the opportunity to start new and get a more respectable name.
    Since there can only be one active from this day onward i am simply A man named RJ.... nothing more, nothing less

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    "Fairy Tail" is the biggest example of something streaming on both FUNimation and Cruncchyroll for the North American market.
    Yes, but I figured simulcasting might be different. CR simulcasted Fairy Tail, FUNimation only streams it from the episodes they have licensed.

Quote Originally Posted by Optard View Post
    you know what this means? HIGHER RESOLTION AT LAST, no longer with those horrid 240p subs. and i love ya fnimation, but seriously, that shit got old. i want to watch 2013 episodes in 720p. now i can feel proud watching this off my 1080p tv.
    It's great we now have an option for higher resolution, but I never held FUNimation to it, at all. The idea of them really subbing and releasing the newest episodes an hour after they air (and for free) was so amazing, I couldn't even be bothered by the quality. I never full-screen the streams, anyway. The fact remains that they are free, and for what they provide for that, I can't complain.

Yes, but I figured simulcasting might be different. CR simulcasted Fairy Tail, FUNimation only streams it from the episodes they have licensed.

It's great we now have an option for higher resolution, but I never held FUNimation to it, at all. The idea of them really subbing and releasing the newest episodes an hour after they air (and for free) was so amazing, I couldn't even be bothered by the quality. I never full-screen the streams, anyway. The fact remains that they are free, and for what they provide for that, I can't complain.
    no i love the service too, but man sometimes i found myself just praying for HD subs. the option is finally here and thats nice and at the exact same time too :)
    At first i was upset at losing this account, but it gave me the opportunity to start new and get a more respectable name.
    Since there can only be one active from this day onward i am simply A man named RJ.... nothing more, nothing less

On Crunchyroll it says it's also for free users, but I'm assuming HD is for subscribers only.
    At least I can watch 480p :/ I'm assuming the subtitles will be different?

So does crunchy have it yet or not? The anticipation is killing me. :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    So does crunchy have it yet or not? The anticipation is killing me. :mad:
    From the Crunchyroll forums:

UPDATEHey guys, I know everyone's super excited for One Piece-- and we are too-- but unfortunately it looks like the servers imploded from everyone's passion and excitement radiating through their computer screens!

BUT, do not panic! We have our team of highly trained video ninjas working as fast as they can to get One Piece encoded and ready for you guys as soon as they can, so just sit tight, grab some dinner, read some manga, and One Piece will be here before you know it!

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    From the Crunchyroll forums:
    Well that's just swell:mad:

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

It's up now. 480p is the highest resolution, and We Go! is still in use.

No preview at the end either, and the subs seem to be the same as FUNis (just a different font).

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Wow. It's only up to 480p and that's for subscribers only.
    Spoiler:
    And not even Crunchyroll can get Hands Up!

EDIT: Ninja'd
    Oh, on the right sidebar it says HD will be available shortly. And it's the same subtitles as Funi's (just a different font).
    Last edited by EA575; November 2nd, 2013 at 10:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information