+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Crunchyroll to simulcast One Piece!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    A little update from the Crunchyroll forums:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...on-cr#45065225

As expected, large chunks of the series will be posted instead of just one-by-one.
    That's good to hear, can't wait till they get to Impel Down and beyond.

Default Re: Crunchyroll to simulcast One Piece!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    A little update from the Crunchyroll forums:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...on-cr#45065225

As expected, large chunks of the series will be posted instead of just one-by-one.
    That is good news. I subcribe both to hulu plus and crunchyroll and thinking of dropping one. This will make my decision easier.

IT'S HAPPENING!

Hey guys,

We just want to thank everyone for their patience as we've been working hard behind the scenes to get the kinks worked out, but we're FINALLY ready to announce that the One Piece catalog will be available starting THIS SATURDAY at 6:00pm Pacific Time, the same as when new episodes air!

We'll be rolling out an average of 20-30 episodes each week, so get ready to relive what just may possibly be one of the greatest adventures in anime history! Or, for those of you who have been waiting eagerly to see if all from the beginning, get the popcorn ready and tell your friends, because One Piece is on its way!
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...on-crunchyroll

Last edited by Oathkeeper; February 28th, 2014 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Ignore that its from the shitty Pokemon Anime,its a really beautiful song.

We're moving on up!~

I think Crunchyroll made One Piece more accessible and the Breaking Bad effect took place.People that got hooked by binging episodes online increased ratings for the TV broadcast. It got over 1 million again on Toonami!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I just hope this doesn't mean the downfall of Yibis, a group I'm associated with.

Quote Originally Posted by Maj0ra View Post
    I just hope this doesn't mean the downfall of Yibis, a group I'm associated with.
    What Yibis is doing is illegal anyways, so "downfall" isn't the right word to be used here, if anything if Yibis respect One Piece/Eiichiro Oda/TOEI any bit they should stop subbing since Crunchyroll provides official subbed releases, and when you pay on Crunchyroll you are supporting the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by PervyStrawhat View Post
    What Yibis is doing is illegal anyways, so "downfall" isn't the right word to be used here, if anything if Yibis respect One Piece/Eiichiro Oda/TOEI any bit they should stop subbing since Crunchyroll provides official subbed releases, and when you pay on Crunchyroll you are supporting the industry.
    Then Crunchyroll should provide this service for other countries as well, not only for people who live in America. As someone who lives in Europe and who needs her weekly portion of well subbed One Piece I can only go to Yibis since Crunchyroll isn't available in my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Luff View Post
    Then Crunchyroll should provide this service for other countries as well, not only for people who live in America. As someone who lives in Europe and who needs her weekly portion of well subbed One Piece I can only go to Yibis since Crunchyroll isn't available in my country.
    Fans from USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America can watch One Piece on Crunchyroll. Yibis doesn't even give you a "weekly" fix for One Piece anime, their releases are late and they are massively behind.

It's a bummer that not all parts of the world have access to watching it on Crunchyroll, but at the same time Yibis must not be "defended" or their "downfall" shouldn't be sad. When thieves are caught no one feels bad for them as they are taken into prison. Yibis does nothing to even try and promote One Piece anime by informing people that Crunchyroll is also operating. If they'd at least put up a message with their releases or on their sites that the above mentioned regions can support One Piece they'd be doing something good at least, but nope nothing.

You guys definitely do NOT understand the mindset of fansub groups. I can easily tell that. I can also admit that the leader of Yibis is beyond stubborn and doesn't care about any legality about anything. I don't really work with Yibis anymore because I don't really like their leader as he's very much an acquired taste as a human and I don't have that taste...like... at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PervyStrawhat View Post
    Yibis does nothing to even try and promote One Piece anime by informing people that Crunchyroll is also operating. If they'd at least put up a message with their releases or on their sites that the above mentioned regions can support One Piece they'd be doing something good at least, but nope nothing.
    You know... Pretty much every time the official subs are brought up on our forum, I'm usually the first to come to their defense, and tell people that "Seriously, if you can, you really SHOULD be streaming those. Heck, I don't care if you actually WATCH them or not, but you could at least let them play through so Toei gets their ad revenue." Same for the DVDs for that matter, I'm constantly telling people to go buy those too.
    I would appreciate it if you didn't talk as though we're actively trying to sabotage FUNi, please. If FUNi's streams were to become available to all, or at least most of, the world, I would happily quit subbing right there and then because clearly there would be no need for fansubs of OP anymore.

I think Toei Animation's intent is to get "One Piece" available in as many territories as possible, but as you know not everything can happen over night...

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    I think Toei Animation's intent is to get "One Piece" available in as many territories as possible, but as you know not everything can happen over night...
    Firecrouch I wanted to ask, at this point Thriller Bark is basically unavaialble on Funimation/Hulu because of the whole licensing issues in the past and they've added up to episodes 335/336, Is crunchyroll gonna have a gap when they reach that point as they add the episodes each Saturday? because we all know Season 6 was announced this year but I heard it was delayed(Is this also true?), for various reasons, I don't mind waiting since patience is key with enjoying One Piece in the states, but I just wanted to confirm if were going to have to wait until all of Season 6 is released first until CR, and hulu and the rest of the legal streaming sites are able to receive it or if there won't be any problems and they'll be able to add all the episodes just fine, thats if you would know this kind of information

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy120 View Post
    Firecrouch I wanted to ask, at this point Thriller Bark is basically unavaialble on Funimation/Hulu because of the whole licensing issues in the past and they've added up to episodes 335/336, Is crunchyroll gonna have a gap when they reach that point as they add the episodes each Saturday? because we all know Season 6 was announced this year but I heard it was delayed(Is this also true?), for various reasons, I don't mind waiting since patience is key with enjoying One Piece in the states, but I just wanted to confirm if were going to have to wait until all of Season 6 is released first until CR, and hulu and the rest of the legal streaming sites are able to receive it or if there won't be any problems and they'll be able to add all the episodes just fine, thats if you would know this kind of information
    My guess is that if anyone gets season 6 first it would be Crunchyroll, seeing as how they're just doing streaming rights. Hulu will stream it when FUNimation starts releasing it.

My guess is that if anyone gets season 6 first it would be Crunchyroll, seeing as how they're just doing streaming rights. Hulu will stream it when FUNimation starts releasing it.
    So Crunchyroll won't have a gap when they reach Thriller Bark? Thats my main concern since CR is better and OP been on Hulu a long time to build following, So are you saying the Season 6 DVDs won't affect them being able to add the rest of the episodes on Crunchyroll? I think I read a post of you mentioning CR getting the rights directly from Toei, but I wasn't sure cause they use the Funimation logo on there

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also wanted to ask do you think all the Funimation dub episodes of OP will be available when Neon Alley joins Hulu? They for some reason don't have them all up yet, and who knows when One Piece will make its way to Netflix for people that want to stream the dubbed episodes legally and easier

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy120 View Post
    So Crunchyroll won't have a gap when they reach Thriller Bark? Thats my main concern since CR is better and OP been on Hulu a long time to build following, So are you saying the Season 6 DVDs won't affect them being able to add the rest of the episodes on Crunchyroll? I think I read a post of you mentioning CR getting the rights directly from Toei, but I wasn't sure cause they use the Funimation logo on there

Also wanted to ask do you think all the Funimation dub episodes of OP will be available when Neon Alley joins Hulu? They for some reason don't have them all up yet, and who knows when One Piece will make its way to Netflix for people that want to stream the dubbed episodes legally and easier
    I mean I can only speculate like everything else on this forum, but Crunchyroll licensed "One Piece" directly from Toei Animation, that's a given. I'm guessing besides just working out the rights for certain territories FUNimation wasn't and isn't involved with the Crunchyroll stream. If you notice the stream itself is available in the U.S.A., Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Latin America, and South Africa. Along with that you get subtitle options for English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Those particular areas correlate to Toei Animation Inc., the Los Angeles-based arm of Toei Animation Co., Ltd. which works in those regions.

So with that said, even if the Season 6 DVDs are delayed that doesn't necessarily mean the Crunchyroll stream of those respective episodes will be affected. Also they use the FUNimation logo on Crunchyroll? Which episodes? Because I just watched a Dressrosa episode and I didn't see it.

As for Neon Alley, I don't know. I asked Neon Alley on their Facebook page last week how the third party shows like "One Piece" will be affected by the switch to Hulu. The response was that it's unknown at this time.

I mean I can only speculate like everything else on this forum, but Crunchyroll licensed "One Piece" directly from Toei Animation, that's a given. I'm guessing besides just working out the rights for certain territories FUNimation wasn't and isn't involved with the Crunchyroll stream. If you notice the stream itself is available in the U.S.A., Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Latin America, and South Africa. Along with that you get subtitle options for English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Those particular areas correlate to Toei Animation Inc., the Los Angeles-based arm of Toei Animation Co., Ltd. which works in those regions.

So with that said, even if the Season 6 DVDs are delayed that doesn't necessarily mean the Crunchyroll stream of those respective episodes will be affected. Also they use the FUNimation logo on Crunchyroll? Which episodes? Because I just watched a Dressrosa episode and I didn't see it.

As for Neon Alley, I don't know. I asked Neon Alley on their Facebook page last week how the third party shows like "One Piece" will be affected by the switch to Hulu. The response was that it's unknown at this time.
    The One Piece photo they use has Funimation logo for one, and its in the old episodes, like the openings and those little commericial breaks One Piece used to have with the wanted posters, but I still think its directly from Toei as well, I just wanted to make sure, I'm sure there using the Funimation logo since thats the way One Piece is currently showcased in the US with the DVDs and Toonami

DVDs were used for at least the 480p streams. Eternal Pose is used instead of Mirai Kōkai.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information