Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Finals Discussion Thread

Shipmate

Default Finals Discussion Thread

Hey there folks. The Fourth Round of APCT 2013 has come to an end. It brought us some very interesting if not surprising results. That was all thanks to your support and campaigns. And on this high note, we finally enter the Fifth Round!

However, I am just a simple guy who does the match posters. This public announcement stuff is something I leave to other people. Even now that I have to draw the semi-final matches, I don't want to do it. In a true Moriah fashion, let's have someone else do it for me.

Oh, there goes Monet. Monet, go fetch me Caesar! Tell him he is drawing the APCT Semi-Finals match ups!

Huh, wasn't that easy. Well, there you have your host. Give him a round of applause, Arlong Park, it is Caesar Clown M. Sc.!

And now Caesar goes to his laboratory.

A few minutes later, he appears with some notes. Are those supposed to be the results?

Ah, is it over already? Thanks, CC. I suppose you did good.

There you have it, folks. Have fun!

Last edited by Dryish; October 26th, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

Default Re: Fifth Round Discussion Thread

As long as Brook doesn't win I'm happy, but I hope Zori or Norland will win.

Default Re: Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

Jinbe vs Noland in the finals. The draw has spoken.
    Last edited by Dryish; October 20th, 2013 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Also, I rectified the name of the thread. Hope you don't mind, Gin-san. Awesome announcement.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Brook vs Jinbe

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by Toraish View Post
    Jinbe vs Noland in the finals. The draw has spoken.
    That'd be boring, since there's no way Jinbe would lose that match the way I see it. All of the guys who have supported NOland this far were bigger jinbe supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    That'd be boring, since there's no way Jinbe would lose that match the way I see it. All of the guys who have supported NOland this far were bigger jinbe supporters.
    That's exactly why it's so good.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Thanks for bringing back Caesar some way, but that were the most horrible match-ups really. :P

Only thing for sure now is...
    GO NOLAND!

That's exactly why it's so good.
    Why would a super one sided final be good? It would be boring an pointless IMO. I already don't think Noland deserved to get this far, considering his win against doflamingo basically amounted to pity votes since he'd never have this chance to get far again

During times like these Zoro will need the fanboys AND the fangirls

Two. Two matches. Ah, Ah, Ah!

Why would a super one sided final be good? It would be boring an pointless IMO. I already don't think Noland deserved to get this far, considering his win against doflamingo basically amounted to pity votes since he'd never have this chance to get far again
    Because Jinbe needs to win this tournament no matter what? Really, don't mind me. That's just the "tournament fanboy" in me talking, and I want to keep with the role for as long as it's still fun.

You're right in saying that a closer final match would be more fun, but I'm actually not very convinced that a Jinbe vs. Zoro match would be any closer than that. The latter is already hated by pretty much half of the forum and his victory in his Semi-Final would only serve to unite the rest of people who weren't already for Jinbe under his banner, propelling him to an easy tournament victory (akin to Luffy's win in -09). The closest match would probably be Brook vs. Zoro, but that's a match that I don't really want to see for obvious reasons.

Because Jinbe needs to win this tournament no matter what? Really, don't mind me. That's just the "tournament fanboy" in me talking, and I want to keep with the role for as long as it's still fun.

You're right in saying that a closer final match would be more fun, but I'm actually not very convinced that a Jinbe vs. Zoro match would be any closer than that. The latter is already hated by pretty much half of the forum and his victory in his Semi-Final would only serve to unite the rest of people who weren't already for Jinbe under his banner, propelling him to an easy tournament victory (akin to Luffy's win in -09). The closest match would probably be Brook vs. Zoro, but that's a match that I don't really want to see for obvious reasons.
    Honestly why I'm annoyed by Dofla losing due to pity votes. He was the only one who I could see beating Jinbe at all. But yeah, I do think Zoro would be closer, if only because his fanbase is distinct from the Jinbe fanbase. Half the forum hating him is irrelevant if the other half still prefers him after all.

Will we have more Foxy filler tournament matches?

Honestly why I'm annoyed by Dofla losing due to pity votes. He was the only one who I could see beating Jinbe at all. But yeah, I do think Zoro would be closer, if only because his fanbase is distinct from the Jinbe fanbase. Half the forum hating him is irrelevant if the other half still prefers him after all.
    You have seriously misunderstood Noland's win if you think he only won because of pity voting. That's not what happened in that thread at all. It was late tournament momentum created by incredibly creative and genuinely funny, well thought out campaigns and people wanting to see how far they could get a memorable character whom they would like to see well. People didn't pity vote him totally expecting him to lose for more than maybe the first 30 minutes - after that it was all concentrated group effort and spirit that pulled him through. A really great thing for the tournament, even if by a character that we both seem to, well, dislike.

That's exactly the reason why we decided against having revenge matches this year, by the way. We acknowledged something like this might happen and thought it would be cool to see, and here we are.

And as for Zoro, you're ignoring the fact that Zoro's and Jinbe's fanbases do actually overlap somewhat. Both have that stoic, "good" badassery to them that appeals to many despite their characters otherwise differing quite a bit, and since the tournament people are more poised to make Jinbe their champion, the undecided people are infinitely more likely to choose to be a part of the spirit and go with Jinbe.

Oh yeah, forgot to point out that Jinbe also has a substantial amount of haters, just like Zoro. And most of the Jinbe haters will probably like Zoro, so it kind of balances out a bit. I have no doubt Jinbe will win at this point, but the way its going to happen is just boring and Noland vs Jinbe would be the most boring match I could think of for the finals

Awesome opening post.

Jinbei vs. Brook
    For the love of pete. So Jinbei has to go through one last hurdle to be in the finals, eh?! This'll be very intense. Jinbei has taken down two champions (Luffy and WB), but Brook has won against two almost-memetic characters (Buggy and Moria).....

I have to say, both fighters deserve their spot, this far.

Zoro vs. Norland
    And....this is the less exciting match. Zoro's great and so is Norland, but I personally don't think either would be a compelling finalist against Jinbei and/or Brook. Either way, I can't decide. Zoro's (finally) had some great campaigns, but after Norland's last match......it's make it or break it for him.

Wish Jinbei's match was second so I could prepare more, but it is what it is. I guess.

You have seriously misunderstood Noland's win if you think he only won because of pity voting. That's not what happened in that thread at all. It was late tournament momentum created by incredibly creative and genuinely funny, well thought out campaigns and people wanting to see how far they could get a memorable character whom they would like to see well. People didn't pity vote him totally expecting him to lose for more than maybe the first 30 minutes - after that it was all concentrated group effort and spirit that pulled him through. A really great thing for the tournament, even if by a character that we both seem to, well, dislike.

That's exactly the reason why we decided against having revenge matches this year, by the way. We acknowledged something like this might happen and thought it would be cool to see, and here we are.

And as for Zoro, you're ignoring the fact that Zoro's and Jinbe's fanbases do actually overlap somewhat. Both have that stoic, "good" badassery to them that appeals to many despite their characters otherwise differing quite a bit, and since the tournament people are more poised to make Jinbe their champion, the undecided people are infinitely more likely to choose to be a part of the spirit and go with Jinbe.
    The noland vs Dofla match was close enough that the substantial amount of people who said they'd vote for Noland because Dofla would have another chance and Noland wouldn't (essentially pity votes IMO) made the difference

I personally think whoever wins Jinbei vs. Brook deserves to be champ.

Jinbe vs. Brook
    (I've been supporting him since the Luffy match, can't stop now. Jinbe forever.)
    Noland vs. Zoro
    (I never expected him to make it this far! Now I have to support him to the end as well.)

The final round is probably going to be the most painful if both Jinbe and Noland win this one, though...

All this Jinbe overestimation. Feels like I'm trapped im some weird twilight zone!

Doflamingo would like to have a word with anyone who claims that character X will have an easy tournament win.

Thread Information