+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Water 7 Arc- Toonami Talkback

Default Re: Water 7 Arc- Toonami Talkback

Quote Originally Posted by playercena5241 View Post
    UGH. i think because they aired the flashback episodes. they should of skipped them.
    They cant handle 4-5 eps? This is why I dont like Toonami Sometimes. It's like if something isn't good 1 week, they scramble like kids seeing what to change

i like john cena and randy playercena5241's Avatar

4-5 eps almost a whole month with nothing but stuff they already seen.

it hurt the ratings so bad.

NEVER GIVE UP.
    STRAGHT EDGE MEANS I BETTER THAN U.

Quote Originally Posted by playercena5241 View Post
    4-5 eps almost a whole month with nothing but stuff they already seen.

it hurt the ratings so bad.
    Yeah and I remember a while ago they were asked if the filler would be skipped. They said no. They should have expected that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudrivera View Post
    They cant handle 4-5 eps? This is why I dont like Toonami Sometimes. It's like if something isn't good 1 week, they scramble like kids seeing what to change
    The thing is, there was also an entire month of movies in there which put all the premieres on standby for four weeks. So the five recap episodes ended up taking over two months to get through, and it caused the casual viewer interest in One Piece to go further and further down.

Ironic really, since I remember we all thought Toonami eventually playing those recap episodes would be a great idea after the first 206 episodes were skipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheng fu View Post
    guessing i am hit the homerun~!

"Get your friends to watch!"

At 3 AM.

Sounds like a fantastic idea.

I exist...I guess....

How was One Piece ever going to be "mainstream" on a niche midnight block anyway? I simply can't believe this current Toonami run had that major of an effect on this or many of the shows on the block (maybe it did for shows in the 11:30 and 12 timeslots). Of course it probably wouldn't end up on TV again; anime is not as big on TV in general as it once was. With the way things are going Toonami might be done for in general.

EDIT: OK, with the original post I was responding to deleted this post seems more negative than I originally intended. I was just trying to get across that we shouldn't concern ourselves with ratings and timeslots too much. We should just support and enjoy this while we can and if something happens, well that's that.
    Last edited by midod; January 29th, 2015 at 06:47 PM.

All I try to do is to tune in each week to One Piece and a few other shows on the block. I pretty much assume any other factors like scheduling and fluctuating ratings are out of our hands anyway, so the best we can do is just support One Piece and watch instead of worrying about the block changes all the time.

For fun, I try to follow twitter's reaction each week to see their reaction to each episode and One Piece in general. It's always mostly positive, something from the episode usually trends, and One Piece seems to be the highlight of a lot of people's Saturday night Toonami watching. I think we can look to that as some indication of the positive exposure the show is getting on TV, at least that's my opinion on the matter.
    Current Trophy Rank: Lv 14-37%
    Gambit

Nintendo ID: MPZ777
    Feel free to friend request me. Just let me know your from AP Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Admittedly I haven't watched One Piece on Toonami in ages (mainly because I always kept forgetting to record it and my On Demand service was disabled for months), but it is a little disheartening to see the slot pushed around.

Honest question though. I get why 2:30 AM isn't so hot for a show, but 1:00 AM....they're both in the middle of the night. Is it because TV viewship kinda peeks a little past the midnight mark and flatlines between 2 and 6 AM?
    I'm in the same boat, I just happened to be browsing my On Demand, and saw they had One Piece. So I decided to check it out, and got to see some of the Water 7/Enies Lobby dub. So far I'm liking the CP9 agents' voices. I love that Spandam is voiced by the same guy that does The Joker in one of the Batman shows.

Also, Jyabura cracked me up, "Kaku, you poor bastard!" Hilarious.

The Ratings for this past week are in.

2:00am
    DBZ Kai
    12:30am
    Kill La Kill
    1:00am
    Naruto Shippuden
    1:30am
    Inuyasha: The Final Act
    2:00am
    Gurren Lagann
    2:30am
    One Piece
    3:00am
    Deadman Wonderland
    Gotta say, not too shabby. of course it was a great start with DBZKai and Kill la Kill. I am also glad to see that one piece beat both Gurren Lagann and deadman wonderland. the only concerning thing is that big drop from naruto, though that maybe because a lot of the kill la kill fans leave after their show was done, but I except that to improve.

I'm glad One Piece did well given the time shift. I'm interested to see what kind of ratings pattern we'll get the next few weeks.
    Current Trophy Rank: Lv 14-37%
    Gambit

Nintendo ID: MPZ777
    Feel free to friend request me. Just let me know your from AP Forums.

This is amazing news

Hell yes! I was seriously hoping they'd give One Piece a rerun slot at 8:30 if DBZ's 8pm slot did well, but I was sure they were going to stick a Shippuden rerun if anything.

Now those who don't want to stay up till 2:30am have a chance to catch One Piece, and the show gets even more exposure (ONE PIECE IS BACK IN PRIMETIME AFTER 7 YEARS!). It's a win-win.

8:00p DragonBall Z: Kai (RERUN) 0.71 1214 0.28 355-368*
    12:00a DragonBall Z: Kai 1.1 1564 0.7 921
    12:30a Kill la Kill 0.9 1204 0.6 721
    1:00a Naruto Shippuden 0.8 1099 0.5 646
    1:30a InuYasha: The Final Act 0.7 969 0.5 609
    2:00a Gurren Lagann 0.6 837 .4 502
    2:30a One Piece 0.5 813 0.4 480
    3:00a Deadman Wonderland 0.5 800 0.4 485

by the way, here are the ratings for this previous weekend. Got to say, these are really good ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by VeemonJosh View Post
    Hell yes! I was seriously hoping they'd give One Piece a rerun slot at 8:30 if DBZ's 8pm slot did well, but I was sure they were going to stick a Shippuden rerun if anything.

Now those who don't want to stay up till 2:30am have a chance to catch One Piece, and the show gets even more exposure (ONE PIECE IS BACK IN PRIMETIME AFTER 7 YEARS!). It's a win-win.
    adding to that, at the very least it could cause One Piece to be moved up from 2:30

This is fantastic news.
    I can't stress enough how CRUCIAL it is that everyone with cable watch this episode or at least DVR it if you can. If this experiment goes well, this will only mean good things for One Piece.

This is very good news, indeed! Hope it has a good turn out. Kinda glad they're doing it now, since the rerun will be Chopper vs. Kumadori, and it's a great ep. Shame we go into Boss Luffy filler on the regular time, even though I enjoy them, I can imagine the confusion that might ensue to the unfamiliar.
    Youtube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/devilkicksanji2

Creator of: Green Green Abridged and DearS Abridged
    Writer and Co-Creator of: Angel Beats! Insanity

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    This is fantastic news.
    I can't stress enough how CRUCIAL it is that everyone with a Nielsen box watch this episode or at least DVR it if you can. If this experiment goes well, this will only mean good things for One Piece.
    Fixed that for you. Your viewership means nothing if it's not being measured. But if it helps you sleep at night, totally watch One Piece on all four of your televisions and replay your DVR taping every hour.

I thought DVRing helped as well?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    I thought DVRing helped as well?
    It does if you watch it within about 72 hours, yes. If you have your service provider info, watching live on Adult Swim's TV app contributes as well.

The ratings that the public sees are only from Nielsen homes, but Jason DeMarco has confirmed in the past that they do get the rating info for the above as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information