Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Thread: "I've made a huge mistake."

  1. #41
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    You grabbed a post some hotheaded nobody made in a rash of random anger at people discussing a story.
    Who do you think you're talking to? I'm not a nobody, I am somebody. There is nothing you can do to change that haha. Do you think I'm not a person attached to this account? I think that's a lot of the reason why so many people on this forum dislike you. Your weird, unnecessary god complex is bad for this community. You think because you make some theories on a one piece forum that you're hot shit?

    I think you just believe you're really good at arguing. And it doesn't impress me or anyone else in real life. I don't think you're really smart or special. You stick with the same tactic of telling people their argument is invalid because you don't agree then you use mike some snide self elevating comment and move onto the next point. It isn't clever haha it's just annoying and I'm sure there are tons of posters who avoid threads you post in because they don't want to get their feelings hurt by some egotistical maniac on the internet.

    And yeah man, I'll say it: you hurt my feelings. Just because a bunch of people here want to avoid conflict doesn't mean I do. You're a cyber bully who manages to suck the fun out of discussing One Piece. That's hard to do. And you know what I'm thinking...the only reason you haven't been banned is because you're engaged to another member who either has a position of power in Arlong Park, or who isn't so much of a total asshole and vouches for you behind your back saying things like, "it's just who he is," and trying to rationalize your disgustingly abusive behavior.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by asm00200 View Post
    Yeah, and what WolfWoof is saying is that Oda wouldn't be like

    "Zehahahaha, this my world, bitch!!"
    Didn't Oda state to his fans that he doesn't care about their input to the story??? Believe it or not, this is kind of his attitude towards One Piece.
    Last edited by Champ; September 19th, 2013 at 06:33 AM.

  2. #42
    air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A Suuuper Mecha

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Didn't Oda state to his fans that he doesn't care about their input to the story??? Believe it or not, this is kind of his attitude towards One Piece.
    I don't know if he said that and I don't think it matters since his editors are there to give him their input on his story, and that's their job.

  3. #43
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Quote Originally Posted by asm00200 View Post
    I don't know if he said that and I don't think it matters since his editors are there to give him their input on his story, and that's their job.

    And editors only help refine and tune ideas to appeal to a bigger audience. At the end of the day no matter what the editors suggest, Oda is still the one drawing One Piece.

  4. #44
    air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A Suuuper Mecha

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    And editors only help refine and tune ideas to appeal to a bigger audience. At the end of the day no matter what the editors suggest, Oda is still the one drawing One Piece.
    Yeah, that's what I said.

  5. #45
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Quote Originally Posted by asm00200 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I said.
    Yet Oda won't do anything that he doesn't personally feel would be good for the story by his own thinking. Therefore, the editors suggestions don't taint Oda's unquestioned authority regarding the development of One Piece. It isn't a team effort. I'd relate it more to a coach for a boxer. Although the coach may give the boxer ideas, he isn't in the ring with him.

  6. #46
    air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A Suuuper Mecha

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Yet Oda won't do anything that he doesn't personally feel would be good for the story by his own thinking. Therefore, the editors suggestions don't taint Oda's unquestioned authority regarding the development of One Piece.
    Did I make it sound like they're fighting over who's in control? They're a team. They work together. They help Oda find the best way to reach the destination.

    edit:
    It isn't a team effort. I'd relate it more to a coach for a boxer. Although the coach may give the boxer ideas, he isn't in the ring with him.
    What? How is it not a team effort? Your example doesn't make sense. How is the COACH not part of the team? So can we say substitutes are not part of the team since they're not on the field?

  7. #47
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Quote Originally Posted by asm00200 View Post
    Did I make it sound like they're fighting over who's in control? They're a team. They work together. They help Oda find the best way to reach the destination.

    edit:

    What? How is it not a team effort? Your example doesn't make sense. How is the COACH not part of the team? So can we say substitutes are not part of the team since they're not on the field?
    Because the coach isn't the one doing the punching. simple dude...

    Think of a boxing match as art. It has all the same elements. It has characters, it has a conflict and it has limits. This is art.

    The art professor doesn't get credit for a masterpiece his student drew.

  8. #48

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    LOL.. if Oda didn't need any help from his editors, why would he told every one of them the moment they started working together about One Piece overall plot, plan, main secret and the ending?

  9. #49
    air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A Suuuper Mecha

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Because the coach isn't the one doing the punching. simple dude...
    Have you ever seen a boxing match or a boxing movie? Most of the boxer's moves depends on the coach's study of the opponent before and through the match. So, no, it's not that simple.

    Think of a boxing match as art. It has all the same elements. It has characters, it has a conflict and it has limits. This is art.

    The art professor doesn't get credit for a masterpiece his student drew.
    Seriously? Well, that's bullshit, lol! You really don't know what you're talking about. We have legendary coaches going to the hall of fame in major sports, and we have you saying that nobody gives a shit about them. How does the art teacher not get credited when his student will probably be the first one to mention his teaching as one of the reasons for his masterpiece?

  10. #50
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    LOL.. if Oda didn't need any help from his editors, why would he told every one of them the moment they started working together about One Piece overall plot, plan, main secret and the ending?
    Please don't do this. Who is it written by? Eiichiro Oda+ editors? Who gets credit for One Piece? Who is the author? I'm sorry, but your points make zero sense. Just because Oda bounces ideas off of his editors and accepts their input when he deems it worthy, doesn't make One Piece a team story. Quit while you're ahead.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by asm00200 View Post
    Have you ever seen a boxing match or a boxing movie? Most of the boxer's moves depends on the coach's study of the opponent before and through the match. So, no, it's not that simple.



    Seriously? Well, that's bullshit, lol! You really don't know what you're talking about. We have legendary coaches going the hall of fame in major sports, and we have you saying that nobody gives a shit about them. How is the art teacher doesn't get credit when his student will probably be the first one to credit his teaching.?
    You're mixing team and individual sports. Boxing isn't a team sport. Who exactly was Mike Tyson's coach? Did his coach get handed the belt, was his coach the greatest boxer of all time?

    And your knowledge of boxing is limited at best. It does't matter but for the sake of this argument, just accept that the analogy is fair and move on with your life.

  11. #51
    air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A Suuuper Mecha

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Please don't do this. Who is it written by? Eiichiro Oda+ editors? Who gets credit for One Piece? Who is the author? I'm sorry, but your points make zero sense. Just because Oda bounces ideas off of his editors and accepts their input when he deems it worthy, doesn't make One Piece a team story. Quit while you're ahead.
    See, nobody said it's a team story, I just said there is a team effort and Oda is the executioner. Their effort varies from one to anothet and Oda has the biggest work to do.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    You're mixing team and individual sports. Boxing isn't a team sport. Who exactly was Mike Tyson's coach? Did his coach get handed the belt, was his coach the greatest boxer of all time?
    What does team and individual sport means? Why does a football coach matters while a boxing coach doesn't matter.

    And your knowledge of boxing is limited at best. It does't matter but for the sake of this argument, just accept that the analogy is fair and move on with your life.
    And your knowledge of boxing is limited at best. It does't matter but for the sake of this argument, just accept that the analogy is wrong and move on with your life.

  12. #52
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Quote Originally Posted by asm00200 View Post
    See, nobody said it's a team story, I just said there is a team effort and Oda is the executioner. Their effort varies from one to anothet and Oda has the biggest work to do.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---





    What does team and individual sport means? Why does a football coach matters while a boxing coach doesn't matter.



    And your knowledge of boxing is limited at best. It does't matter but for the sake of this argument, just accept that the analogy is wrong and move on with your life.
    Ok...I am a boxer, so if you'd like to go into boxing, we can haha. You're kind of being thick here and have failed to grasp the idea that no matter what happens in the (story) ring, it is ultimately the (artist's) boxer's decisions that count. The coach (editor) can't really fight (draw) for the competitor.

    And lol at the lack of comprehension between team and individual sports. You're just arguing because you think you can win. This is stupid, homie.

  13. #53

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Please don't do this. Who is it written by? Eiichiro Oda+ editors? Who gets credit for One Piece? Who is the author? I'm sorry, but your points make zero sense. Just because Oda bounces ideas off of his editors and accepts their input when he deems it worthy, doesn't make One Piece a team story. Quit while you're ahead.
    Who has ever claimed that it's a collaboration

    But the fact of the matter is that Oda needs to run his stories past his editor

    Who then make decisions about changes, and leaves their mark on the story

    You're mixing team and individual sports. Boxing isn't a team sport. Who exactly was Mike Tyson's coach? Did his coach get handed the belt, was his coach the greatest boxer of all time?
    So your contention is that Mike Tyson would've become as good as he was even without Cus D'amato?

    If so, that may in fact be the dumbest thing i have ever heard. And i've heard honest to god arguments about Money knocking out Wladimir

    Cus shaped and formed him, he influenced all that defined Tyson. Who taught him the peekaboo style? Cus did

    Who kept him in line, kept him focused and taught him the history and the craft of boxing? You better believe Cus did.

    I'd be willing to bet that Mike Tyson would snap you like a twig if he heard you disrespect his beloved father figure like that

    Granted i may have got your argument wrong, please clarify if so.

  14. #54
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoof View Post
    Who has ever claimed that it's a collaboration

    But the fact of the matter is that Oda needs to run his stories past his editor

    Who then make decisions about changes, and leaves their mark on the story



    So your contention is that Mike Tyson would've become as good as he was even without Cus D'amato?

    If so, that may in fact be the dumbest thing i have ever heard. And i've heard honest to god arguments about Money knocking out Wladimir

    Cus shaped and formed him, he influenced all that defined Tyson. Who taught him the peekaboo style? Cus did

    Who kept him in line, kept him focused and taught him the history and the craft of boxing? You better believe Cus did.

    I'd be willing to bet that Mike Tyson would snap you like a twig if he heard you disrespect his beloved father figure like that

    Granted i may have got your argument wrong, please clarify if so.
    You are going into so much unnecessary detail. Do you think Oda's editors have had that kind of impact on Oda? lol. That's like saying Oda's editors taught him how to draw, write a story and manage his personal life.
    As much as Cus did...he did not WIN THE MATCHES for Tyson. So, yes. You have the argument wrong. My argument is that no matter what the coaches do they cannot ENTER THE RING for the competitor.

    And lol Tyson would snap me like a twig. He would break my jaw in one punch probably. I'm not on that level at all.

  15. #55

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    So, I'm just going to note that I hate the whole "deifying" writers thing. Especially since it seems like something started by writers to stroke their own egos

  16. #56
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    So, I'm just going to note that I hate the whole "deifying" writers thing. Especially since it seems like something started by writers to stroke their own egos
    But that's the thing...the writer's themselves are not prefect. But the stories they tell are theirs, and ultimately up to them. This is the discussion, not "deifying" Oda as being an infallible human being.

  17. #57

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    You are going into so much unnecessary detail. Do you think Oda's editors have had that kind of impact on Oda? lol. That's like saying Oda's editors taught him how to draw, write a story and manage his personal life.

    As much as Cus did...he did not WIN THE MATCHES for Tyson. So, yes. You have the argument wrong. My argument is that no matter what the coaches do they cannot ENTER THE RING for the competitor
    Then i don't really follow your analogy. Nobody that i'm aware of argues that the editor or the coach does the others job for him.

    But they do in fact have influence that's beyond Oda going into an office flopping down 18 pages and saying print that

    They'll look over it, say this is no good, you need to tweak that. Suggestions, rejections, it's all part of the process

    And lol Tyson would snap me like a twig. He would break my jaw in one punch probably. I'm not on that level at all.
    Dunno he's been looking pretty skinny lately

    Vegetarian Tyson probably prefers twigs lol

  18. #58
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoof View Post
    Then i don't really follow your analogy. Nobody that i'm aware of argues that the editor or the coach does the others job for him.

    But they do in fact have influence that's beyond Oda going into an office flopping down 18 pages and saying print that

    They'll look over it, say this is no good, you need to tweak that. Suggestions, rejections, it's all part of the process



    Dunno he's been looking pretty skinny lately

    Vegetarian Tyson probably prefers twigs lol
    Ultimately though it's Oda's decision, it's his art and it's his responsibility for what happens. This is what I'm saying. To be critically honest, Oda doesn't need help from his editors. I'm willing to bet they do a whole lot more simple beta reading than anything else. Story decisions are Oda's and Oda's alone.

  19. #59

    Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    So, I'm just going to note that I hate the whole "deifying" writers thing. Especially since it seems like something started by writers to stroke their own egos
    It is kind of poetic though since they create worlds.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts