+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Space Dandy

Default Re: Space Dandy

So if you didn't need any further confirmation that Dandy himself is NOT quite human and is definitely some sort of Galactic constant IMO.

This last episode was just beautiful. I even teared up a little in the end...

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Just watched 20 and 21.

20: Loved the wackiness of this one. The faux-serious and "manly" pacts were fantastic

21: Jaw-droppingly incredible. The art and animation...how long did this take them? And the music and general feel of everything combined perfectly at the end of the episode. I was seriously in awe.

The only thing missing the whole time was the pompadour. Dandy isn't Dandy without that hair.
    Last edited by benjamminbrown; August 26th, 2014 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Please, tell me that I'm on to something, here! The cosmic string initially came out of his hair, remember??

Well Dandy without a pompadour is a dead dead Dandy.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

I need to catch up. Haven't seen an episode since the musical one, and I was surprised to find out Funimation only has subbed episodes on their site and not dubbed episodes. I just would prefer watching the dub since I've been doing that since the beginning and haven't seen the subbed version yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

I liked the subbed version a lot better, but the dubbed version can be found around the net through... means...

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I liked the style of the animation on this episode, though I can't say that I liked much else this time.

Seems that we've finally gotten confirmation of
    Spoiler:
    Dandy's latent pyonium energy (I bet it's the hair).

Caught up to the last 3 episodes, absolutely out of this world, stellar (:D) stuff.
    The dub in the latest episode was really good (more so than usual), even with the spacesingian's annoying voice. And Dead Dandy was so, so good.

Next episode ... might not be all that

This has no business being this good.

Actually, here's the original version.

Ah, unrequited love~

I liked the episode for the Dandy-Scarlet chemistry, but the ex could have been a little more fleshed out, I guess.

The ex was a creepy stalker in a mobile suit...which he used for stalking purposes and to partake in random Itano Circuses out of nowhere.

Good enough for me!

Another fantastic episode. Maaan, season 2 is ace and I'm sad there are only 3 episodes left.

Didn't much care for this weeks episode, but I know they like to keep the penultimate episodes low-budget to go all out in the finale - so I don't mind much.
    Still, might be one of the weakest Dandy episode, no strong gags, no action,
    Spoiler:
    High points for me were the jury bantering, the touching background for the victims wife & the victim himself actually being alive in the whole time

Looks like the next week is the series finale, I'll miss it. Hope they'll go out with a bang...
    just not the Cowboy Bebop kind of bang...
    "Going against the flow? Just means you're swimming in place. One day you are too tired to paddle, and suddenly you drown. Whole thing was pointless and now you're dead THE END. Now, going with the flow is where it's at - and that's the dandy way to live."
    - Space Dandy

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Adios Dandy

Or it would be, but other than the finale, I haven't seen any new episodes since the Musical episode so I'm hoping to watch 'em. Plus, it might be worth watching some old episodes to catch certain references made in the finale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

See you later, Space Dandy-boy.

What a great series.
    Pretty good finale, but maybe I expected more. It's a bit weird to have a finale where the main character isn't even present for half the episode. Some really good soundtracks though.

I had a huge grin on my face the whole time. The entire staff, voice actors, writers, animators were just having a blast, and I had fun picking out all the shout outs (I got most of the anime ones, but I did not expect that Twilight Zone one near the end). Loved Dandy's conversation with God as well (What...? Huh...?). Made the most sense out of everything in the episode, heh.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Got to episode 4 and i finally understand where Porcelaonpot´s avatar comes from.

I´m enjoying it so far.
    4 was Golden, i also really enjoyed 1 and 2.
    3 had it´s moments, but the weakest until now.

I´m not going to ask because i don´t want to be spoiled, but i hope all of these events are related to the space-time thing that keeps happening and maybe to the chaon he pulled in the first episode.

I can understand him and Meow getting thrown into space for somewhat comedy effect, but i don´t buy episode´s 1 ending where he dies.

I fucking love Bean

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information