Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Round Discussion Thread

Default Second Round Discussion Thread

The Second Round starts on Monday 9/16/, around 8PM EST.

Ladies and Gentlemen of Arlong Park, you are in for a treat. A repeat of something sweet, and a thing to remember. So hold on to your hats and enjoy the suspense with me for a bit. Things are going to get interesting from hereon out.

I am fairly excited to announce the Second Round today for several reasons. Firstly, Arlong Park, I must say you have honestly surprised me. Your dedication and zeal for campaigning this year has spawned numerous incredibly creative and amazing campaigns that have made the tournament thus far one of the best we've had in years. The fact that I know for sure this second round will only provide a massive boost for that is enough to make one bird feel giddy. Thank you for that feeling. Secondly, there is something about this round that I'm sure many of you will enjoy. Announcing fun things and seeing people react to them is an uplifting experience that I'm grateful I am allowed to have. And thirdly, well, I savour your tears and frustration just as much as I like seeing those happy reactions. Some birds just want to watch the world burn. Try to survive - if you can, that is.

The second round draw was held approximately three weeks ago and was conducted by me. I drew the names of the contestants that had been written on small slips of paper out of my beanie in sequence, pairing up characters as their names emerged from the cap. Upon seeing the results, I posted here to tell you that you would love this, and I stand by my word even today. In fact, as those three weeks and twenty more matches passed by, the draw only became more and more amazing. Be assured that nothing was altered or changed in any way after the first draw was made - you have my word for that. The format we'll be using this round might be familiar to some of you. You can decide for yourselves whether you love it or not.

Without much further ado, me and my trusty old beanie cap hereby proudly present to you, the matches of the Second Round of the Arlong Park Character Tournament 2013:

Spoiler:
    01. Doflamingo & Norland (133) vs. Robin & Magellan (124)
    02. Monet & Sanji (119) vs. Caesar & Buggy the Clowns (124)
    03. Jinbe & Akainu (130) vs. Kuma & Bepo (78)
    04. Fisher Tiger & Bellamy (97) vs. Whitebeard & Garp (144)
    05. Kuzan & Perona (126) vs. Hancock & Mr. 3 (76)
    06. Moriah & Shanks (137) vs. Laboon & Nami (82)
    07. Franky & Zoro (129) vs. Tyrannosaurus, Iceburg & Crocodile (109)
    08. Brook & Enel (161) vs. Fujitora & Crocus (65)

Yes, that's right. The tag teams are back.
    Surprise, everyone!

We'll be launching a couple of filler matches to ease your landing onto this completely new round. Campaigners will have a couple of days to start working on their new material that they might want to stock up on before the day of their match. This one's going to be tough.

Campaign to your hearts' content and remember to have fun!
    Last edited by Dryish; September 25th, 2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Results added.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Default Re: Second Round Discussion Thread

nice :D
    I need a sig

I thought Bepo versus Gatz would be a low key finish, but the Bepotisms were there for awesomeness.

And now tag-teams?? I swear somebody said they weren't happening :S

The Clowns shall rise!

Caesar & Buggy to victory!

Quote Originally Posted by Dryish View Post
    Kuma & Bepo
    It's a bear tag-team!

Whitebeard & Garp
    Powerful old men tag team.

Caesar Clown & Buggy
    And a clown tag-team.

Are you sure these were random, Mr Parrot? XD

Franky & Zoro
    Double Straw Hats? I feel sorry for Tyrannosaurus and Crocodile already (but I'm on their side, so we'll see what we can do)

Fujitora & Crocus
    One is known for his stare.
    One is known for being blind.
    It's a match made in heaven.
    moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Like the tag teams won't be broken up first chance you guys get :P

Moriah and Shanks against Laboon and Nami. :(

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Now you know why me and Kitsune were so avid about getting Bepo through. The Bear Team was just too good not to happen.

And the funny thing about Fujitora and Crocus getting paired up is that Crocus was the one who... defeated Vergo. Just like Fujitora did. In fact, someone even said they should go face to face the next round since they're both so amazing, and this is what happened.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

03. Jinbe & Akainu vs. Kuma & Bepo
    Last edited by Lef; September 8th, 2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: the painnnnnn

Pfft, Dryish's word. Anyway ...

Doflamingo & Norland vs. Robin & Magellan -- I'm a fan of Noland's, and Doflamingo is too much fun and too scary recently to not vote for. Robin and Magellan are both tough foes with strong support ...

Monet & Sanji vs. Caesar Clown & Buggy -- damn ... I'm still voting in the hope of Sanji redemption, and I'm in a minority of Monet fans I think ... they're so gonna lose :/

Jinbe & Akainu vs. Kuma & Bepo -- I'm super behind Akainu in this tournament. Sexy beard should prevail with Jinbe along side him.

Fisher Tiger & Bellamy vs. Whitebeard & Garp -- tough one, campaigns might sway me. Or forthcoming chapters. Bellamy's already making me lean to the left.

Kuzan & Perona vs. Hancock & Mr. 3 -- Another tough one. Kuzan's cool (haha) and interesting, but on the other hand, I kinda like Hancock and kinda like 3 ... whereas I don't really care for Perona beyond looks . . .

Moriah & Shanks vs. Laboon & Nami -- KISHISHISHISHISHIIIIIII Sorry Nami. I know you're an awesome character but you've been lacklustre recently and Moriah's laugh is too great.

Franky & Zoro vs. Tyrannosaurus & Crocodile -- Sorry Croc. I'm a big fan, but both Zoro has great moments throughout the series. I've beenr ereading recently. And Both those two have been great fun recently, so it's no contest for me. See ya later, Alligator.

Brook & Enel vs. Fujitora & Crocus -- Crocus has great campaign support, Fuji's cool and has promise, plus upcoming chapters could sway. But Enel's one of OP's greatest villains, and Brook's had some great moments post-TS.

I'm torn in the last one. :/

By the way, please imagine the look on my face when I drew the pairing that then turned out to be Jinbe & Akainu. At that point, neither the Luffy-Jinbe match nor the Ace-Akainu match had yet taken place, so it read on my list as Luffy/Jinbe & Ace/Akainu. That was the most glorious thing ever to have appeared before an OP fan's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I'm torn in the last one. :/

That's quite understandable.
    moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Quote Originally Posted by Print Error View Post
    It's a bear tag-team!

Powerful old men tag team.

And a clown tag-team.

Are you sure these were random, Mr Parrot? XD

Double Straw Hats? I feel sorry for Tyrannosaurus and Crocodile already (but I'm on their side, so we'll see what we can do)

One is known for his stare.
    One is known for being blind.
    It's a match made in heaven.
    I was more partial to a tag team of Hiruluk and Shakky. And Ivankov and Kureha.

Kuma and Bepo was too brilliant though.

But yeah, I'm surprised too by how amazing these tag teams ended up being.

And don't worry. We'll get Crocoboy and Iceburgasaurus through.

Iceburgasauradile.

Quote Originally Posted by Print Error View Post
    Indeed.

[SPOILER]01. Doflamingo & Norland vs. Robin & Magellan
    Really guys ? Really ?

Why don't you just flat out state that you don't want Robin to win ? :O

Well, I don't. But that had nothing to do with it. Needless to say, I'm pleased. :I

... this is so going to come back to bite me in the butt, isn't it? *knocks on wood*

Well, I don't. But that had nothing to do with it. Needless to say, I'm pleased. :I
    May I ask why ? :I

02. Monet & Sanji vs. Caesar & Buggy the Clowns

Sanji wryyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    May I ask why ? :I
    Personal preference and the lack of real recent substance, mostly. In my opinion, Robin is the least worthy champion to have a repeat performance this soon after her first victory. And she's my least liked Strawhat too, for whatever reason. It's kinda funny since I like her cynicism and darkness as well as her maturity, but there's just something about her character that irks me personally.

Thread Information