Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Round Discussion Thread

Default Re: Second Round Discussion Thread

Shame about the main page but

Robin & Magellan
    Spoiler:

Purple Flower dragon guys, that's were it's at.

The Old Lapras and the Sea Kubihige's Avatar

Yesssss, I love team matches!!

01. Doflamingo & Norland vs. Robin & Magellan

Don't care for Mingo, and I don't like Norland for beating Rayleigh. Magellan is a great villain and Robin is my kween. Easy choice.

02. Monet & Sanji vs. Caesar & Buggy the Clowns

Caesar and Buggy, a match made in my heart, and not just because they're clowns. They just go together so well.

03. Jinbe & Akainu vs. Kuma & Bepo

Jinbe is great and I'm really pulling for Akainu this year. Kuma and Bepo are both meh.

04. Fisher Tiger & Bellamy vs. Whitebeard & Garp

Love Tiger, don't care for Bellamy, Garp and Whitebeard ate great, but not like Tiger. Campaigns!!

05. Kuzan & Perona vs. Hancock & Mr. 3

Kuzan AND Perona? Wowee what a team.

06. Moriah & Shanks vs. Laboon & Nami

Curse you mods for making me vote for Nami twice.

07. Franky & Zoro vs. Tyrannosaurus, Iceburg & Crocodile

Frankly and Zoro are probably the best straw hat team possible. If anyone can take down Croc, it's those two.

08. Brook & Enel vs. Fujitora & Crocus

I really really want to vote for Brook, but I really really don't want to vote for Enel.

I actually don't entirely mind tag-teams. It keeps the matches more interesting.

01. Doflamingo & Noland vs. Robin & Magellan
    Tough call. Robin is void for me due to winning, but Magellan is cooler than either of the other two. Will have to contemplate/wait for campaigns.

02. Monet & Sanji vs. Caesar & Buggy the Clown
    Fuuuuuuuuuu...
    Monet, who is already half-loved half-hated by the community, gets put against two hilariously awesome characters that are even more awesome together, with her partner being the Straw Hat who's justifiably gotten the most flak over the past several years. I'm not even going to try getting my hopes up on this one.

Team Magma-Fisting vs. Team Bear?! These team-ups are absolutely glorious. I want to support the Beptization, but Jinbe+Akainu is the best thing ever. Torn...

Tiger's decent and I'm really digging Bellamy lately. Whitebeard, though a dear favorite, is void. Garp, while awesome, may not be awesome enough to do it for me on his own.

Not even close to being a contest for me.

Campaigns *could* sway me but I'm leaning pretty hard on this one.

07. Franky & Zoro vs. Tyrannosaurus, Iceburg, & Crocodile
    Franky is awesome but void. I really don't want to support Crocodile though. I'll have to think on it.

08. Brook & Eneru vs. Fujitora & Crocus
    Yahahahahaha! Yohohohoho! Yahahahohoho! Easy pick.

An unexpected turn of events is unexpected.

Tag teams? Again? Oh come on. You even said there wouldn't be any...
    Well that's it for me then.

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

No one said anything about there being no tag teams.

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

Personally, I dislike the idea of tag team battles, but I'll be a good little giraffe and not complain any farther on the matter.

Luffy and Ace would have been unstopable with maybe a tough match against Zoro&Franky.But it really a shame that Croc is getting eliminated because of srawhats tag team.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Luffy and Ace would have been unstopable with maybe a tough match against Zoro&Franky.But it really a shame that Croc is getting eliminated because of srawhats tag team.
    Croc's not going anywhere.

Hopefully. Let this be the year that Zoro loses to a mouse.

Vote Richie the Viking II Dwragon's Avatar

Damn, 3 of my 5 lasting favs in one match. Perona or Mr. 3 and Hancock? I think i will go with Perona, but tough choice.
    I will support Buggy and Zoro for sure, although I hate it to vote against Tyrannosaur and for Caesar.

First Mates and their friends kick ass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    No one said anything about there being no tag teams.
    Took me a bit to find, but the parrot mentioned something about it in the first round thread.

Oh, and, as far as last year's tag-team format goes, don't expect to see revenge matches again any time soon.
    Now, the meaning could be read differently, but I understood it as there being no tag battles anytime soon.

The Old Lapras and the Sea Kubihige's Avatar

I took that as a clear sign that more team battles were coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Now, the meaning could be read differently, but I understood it as there being no tag battles anytime soon.
    I don't see any possible way for that to be interpreted as no tag battles.

In fact, I echo Kubihige's sentiment. :I

I guess I wanted it to have that particular meaning then...

Meh, tag teams. They're fun I guess. My picks below:

Spoiler:
    01. Doflamingo & Norland vs. Robin & Magellan (The ultimate pair. Can't not vote for them)02. Monet & Sanji vs. Caesar & Buggy the Clowns (An even better pair. Definite vote.)
    03. Jinbe & Akainu vs. Kuma & Bepo (As much as I love the bear pairing, Jinbe and Akainu is just too good not to let advance.)
    04. Fisher Tiger & Bellamy vs. Whitebeard & Garp (Mainly because of Bellamy's "new" character.)
    05. Kuzan & Perona vs. Hancock & Mr. 3 (Campaigns can decide because I don't have much of a preference here.)
    06. Moriah & Shanks vs. Laboon & Nami (Gonna be a hard one. Not sure if I have time to campaign either..)
    07. Franky & Zoro vs. Tyrannosaurus, Iceburg & Crocodile (Would be very awesome for Iceburg and Tyrannosaurus to make it even further, so why not.)
    08. Brook & Enel vs. Fujitora & Crocus (Ehh, campaigns could change my mind, but leaning towards them right now)

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    I guess I wanted it to have that particular meaning then...

Absolutely nothing about no tag matches.

No revenge matches means that tag teams won't automatically be split apart and pitted against each other in the following round.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryish View Post
    01. Doflamingo & Norland vs. Robin & Magellan
    01 = I like DD (Why nobody made a DareDevil campaign yet ?) and Norland, shsish, everyone loves a flashback character, but I think that DonFlamingo canīt carry Norland by himself. Especially against Magellans and Nico Robin combo campaigns.

02 = The so called "worst SH" with a little help of Articuno against the clowns duo ? considering the circus that is APF... No chance, easy win for the duo (you know, every circus needs a clown, and AP forums has two).

03 = The martyr and the executioner versus the bears duo...Now I see the conection between a circus and APF, now we have trained animals...In this match I think the love/hate for both Jinbe and Akainu is higher then Kuma in TB and his last stand to protect the ship and any hype that Bepo has.

04 = Letīs see, in one side we have a legend (IMO his flashback was a let down) and Mr. sudden redemption (ok Oda, I know you love to do this "past enemy becomes a present ally" thing, but sometime, I canīt swallow the idea, I just canīt), against the past itself ? You can live in the past glory, but there is no chance to win against the glory of past itself.

05 = Kuzan was always the misterious mentor of the SH and to "help" him, we have some goth lolita FS. Against who they will go ? Boa Hancock and Mr 3...The epitome of FS in One Piece and a "prank" man. Good luck Ice man..You are going to have...

06 = Both Moriah and Shanks has a good support in this forums, but Nami fanbase is greater, and Laboon bandwagon will help her win.

07 = SH duo in one side, and in the other, one of last the animal representative and Mr. Sand(man) pimp that everyone loves. I guess that only in AP a mice would be considered a support, the only question, is it sufficient ?

08 = Brook is so lucky to get God by his side, I can say that he can finally rest his soul in peace. They will face a new character (this can be both good or bad...) and another prank character, I hope that people remembers that Crocus was part of Gol D. Roger crew..If they do, Crocus can help Issho more.

Hidden:
    Sorry about any typo, I'm not used to write big texts.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Gotta say, I love the fact that forum got hacked albeit I wasn't there to see it shortly after Bepocalypse. That must have been sign

Or just a coincidence I found funny

Oh you gotta be kidding me! D:

Well, Let's go team Poison Flower!
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 10/18/20)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

01. Doflamingo & Norland vs. Robin & Magellan.

1. Doflamingo's fans automatically give him the anti-vote. And I'd rather see Robin win again than most of the remaining chars.
    2. CC and Buggy. Didn't care much for Monet and refuse to vote Sanji.
    3. Jinbe and Akainu. I like Kuma. But I like Akainu more.
    4. Ugh. Don't care about either Fisher or Bellamy. But Garp is with WB. So probably will just flip a coin.
    5. Torn on this. All four chars were decent in their own way. Leaning towards Hancock and Mr. 3
    6. Nami or Moriah really. I want Nami to win it more than Moriah.
    7. HAHAHAAHAHAA. Love this one so much. Don't care for either SH. and Croc is usually in the same position as Dofla in terms of fandom. Will be voting for him tho.
    8. Sorry Fujitora. Brook is too much awesome these days. And Enel is one of the better arc villains.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Thread Information