+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Downtime!

Default Re: Downtime!

Glad to see things back to normal for now. I was getting worried. :(
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 10/18/20)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

It's good you're back!

Glad it's back and alive. Still really slow. But would be horrible to lose the OG One Piece forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Glad it's back and alive. Still really slow. But would be horrible to lose the OG One Piece forum.
    I know right. That would suck quite a bit.
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 10/18/20)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I was under the impression there were older forums out there.

User of the Gumdrop Rifle Rocko52's Avatar

Don't think there are any still standing. There ARE One Piece related threads on older, broader anime forums (Anime Suki, Anime Boards, etc) and there are older no longer existing Arlong Park threads. I'm not sure there's an older One Piece specific forum though. In any case, there's really not much like Arlong Park left existing, much less in 2020. It might be a lot of work, but I think this forum would be worth backing-up/archiving in some manner.

Whew, we survived another downtime.

Getting way too frequent.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Thanks to everyone who works hard to bring the forums back again and again, it's much appreciated!

Thanks to the top brass for dealing with the server problem.

Sorry the amount and the length of these downtimes here are getting ridiculous and out of control.

This website feels like it was established in 1990 and probably has a source code from the late 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley View Post
    Sorry the amount and the length of these downtimes here are getting ridiculous and out of control.

This website feels like it was established in 1990 and probably has a source code from the late 80's.
    Well, we aren't paying for any of this. I expect free stuff to break once in a while.

Thank you guys for fixing it though
    LIE
    CHEAT STEAL
    KILL WIN

We're in talks about server migration, but you can imagine that with all the history and user details we need to move without breaking anything, it's a bit like Noah's Arc. Thank you for bearing with us.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

That was a pretty short downtime compared to the last few. Only 3 days while the others have been over a week or a couple weeks. I also noticed the offline message was different this time, it was the gateway timeout that we get sometimes when spoilers come out and there's a lot of people coming here for them. Does that mean the cause of the downtime wasn't a copyright claim on an image this time since the message was different?
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Glad to see the forums back up and running. Thanks to the admin team for all of their hard work

Welcome to Rokkenjima.

don´t know, but here is chocolate... so everthing´s alright ^^

So happy to see the forum back.
    Thanks for working hard to bring it back.

Could be wrong, but the error message indicated that there were some problems with the server itself and not another copyright claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk in Spoilerthreat from Chapter 579
    "Did I fire six shots or only five? Well, do you feel lucky punk?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    We're in talks about server migration, but you can imagine that with all the history and user details we need to move without breaking anything, it's a bit like Noah's Arc. Thank you for bearing with us.
    That's a relief to hear, thank you. Was this announced somewhere? If not, an announcement might be nice for a lot of almost fed-up users.

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    That's a relief to hear, thank you. Was this announced somewhere? If not, an announcement might be nice for a lot of almost fed-up users.
    Brennen will probably make a formal announcement once it's decided where and when. It won't be until sometime after the new year begins. In the meantime, we'll work to set up somewhere we can meet in case the forum goes down again, and that will be soon.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    If y'all need any help with anything, I can help. I have some experience in web design, SQL, but mainly Java. I may have to learn some new things, but I'm willing to assist to make things go faster.

I hope it won't go down again until after chapter 1000 at least. Missing that milestone will be a tragedy for this forum.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information