+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Downtime!

Default Re: Downtime!

Just in case we get another downtime, here's a link to AP's discord for y'all.

So what happened this time?
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

The official word will have to come from bren, but I understand we've been getting rather inundated with nonsensical bot-generated DMCA requests; too many to manually review in the short windows provided to take the content down. In many cases the claims are extremely vague and there isn't even any content to take down. Our host does not vet these requests whatsoever for legitimacy. We are still discussing the best way to move forward.

DMCA's again. Apparently from some stupid bots.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry Foolio.

The mods on discord always have the same theory when the site gets a DMCA: an embeded picture did it. I know it's a hard workaround for this site, but maybe disabling embedment would help make sure this doesn't happen again, at least until someone figures out a better solution to keep the site safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hide View Post
    The mods on discord always have the same theory when the site gets a DMCA: an embeded picture did it. I know it's a hard workaround for this site, but maybe disabling embedment would help make sure this doesn't happen again, at least until someone figures out a better solution to keep the site safe.
    I think this time it was the thread title of the My Hero Academia thread

Discovered Stowaway The Humanoid Typhoon's Avatar

This time after the return of forums being online tapatalk support gone. I don’t have it anymore and can’t find it by search. Is some side effect or something I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by The Humanoid Typhoon View Post
    This time after the return of forums being online tapatalk support gone. I don’t have it anymore and can’t find it by search. Is some side effect or something I missed?
    That's weird.

It's unlikely that anything Bren did would have changed that.
    Maybe it's a side effect of Jonas's recent attempts to fix the forum slowness?

Maybe instead 3rd source apps needed you simply would use a proper mobile theme in 2021...

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Maybe instead 3rd source apps needed you simply would use a proper mobile theme in 2021...
    I use it only for APF and one more forum that is more useful than opening browser for them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Humanoid Typhoon View Post
    I use it only for APF and one more forum that is more useful than opening browser for them alone.
    To each their own. O hate TapaTalk and see no need for it

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    That's weird.

It's unlikely that anything Bren did would have changed that.
    Maybe it's a side effect of Jonas's recent attempts to fix the forum slowness?
    Thanks, So I’ll take that as a probably going to solve soon

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    To each their own. O hate TapaTalk and see no need for it
    I hate it too but it’s the only solution for this thing alone for me

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Seems fixed(?)!
    Suddenly I got notification from tapatalk about Kishidos last quote on me. For a second thought that was a new quote but was for the last one. Got also PM from browser about quote even tho I was already seen it before. Maybe is some lag about the update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi,

I had 502 errors in the last couple of days as well. I am sure you are aware, just wanted to ask if there is a plan to resolve these issues once and for all?

Thanks and regards,
    ZT

Quote Originally Posted by zttk View Post
    Hi,

I had 502 errors in the last couple of days as well. I am sure you are aware, just wanted to ask if there is a plan to resolve these issues once and for all?

Thanks and regards,
    ZT
    Yes, we're planning to drastically reduce the bus factor by giving more admins better access to the server which will allow us to fix these issues faster and cut down on downtime in the future.
    There's also talk of upgrading the forum but nothing concrete yet.

I'm sorry again for the downtime, it came on suddenly and I still haven't heard back from Bren about why it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Getting way too frequent.
    Yeah it's getting beyond frustrating now. These downtimes are happening basically once every month and last about a week. I don't think I've ever been on a forum that's down 25% of the time.
    Last edited by Oshawott; March 13th, 2021 at 06:54 PM.

The last outage before this one lasted I think a month was which the longest I think since this started happening somewhat regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

This is probably already known, but in case it's not since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, the search feature doesn't work. I think this is linked to the recent downtime since if I remember right there were a couple other times in the past where searching was broke after the site came back online.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    This is probably already known, but in case it's not since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, the search feature doesn't work. I think this is linked to the recent downtime since if I remember right there were a couple other times in the past where searching was broke after the site came back online.
    Thanks, we're aware of it and fixing it is a high priority.

For some reason when the server gets rebooted sometimes it breaks the search function.

Search is fixed. I've been unavailable for the past two weeks dealing with some personal stuff, so after getting the server back online I hadn't been able to check in, really. Like Robo said, after service and server restarts the search service doesn't always come back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    The official word will have to come from bren, but I understand we've been getting rather inundated with nonsensical bot-generated DMCA requests; too many to manually review in the short windows provided to take the content down. In many cases the claims are extremely vague and there isn't even any content to take down. Our host does not vet these requests whatsoever for legitimacy. We are still discussing the best way to move forward.
    Yeah, over the past year or so we've had a handful of outages, but of them only two have I think have been due to technical issues. Disk space once, and a service hang once. The rest were all DMCA requests. I've gone back and forth with Comeso, the primary complainant, for a while now and it seems we are the villains from their perspective because, "unlike other forums", we have links to manga sites in our manga/anime threads. These are pretty flimsy DMCA claims, but for whatever reason we are on the radar and keep getting takedown requests. We're only given ~48 hours to address them and respond back before we are taken offline, at which point it's much more difficult to resolve the issue.

So they will continue to bully us until we stop posting links?
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information