+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rosario + Vampire

Default Rosario + Vampire

A recent anime i've been watching is Rosario + vampire. A story about vampire and human in a Demonic school... lol
    i can just imagine the possibilities.

i love moka san but i also like kurum chan.

damn it why do have to make it so hard to choose lol

well anyways anyone else watch the anime or the manga besides me?
    Life is nothing more than game that you can only play once.

Default Re: Rosario + Vampire

I've been meaning to check this series out, but I kept forgetting! D:

I know that I should probably start before there's too many episodes though. If I didn't, it'd be a headache for me to catch up.
    My Livejournal/blog
    Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    His character is dull now anyway, he's a smug little ace, I miss the part 1 Shikamaru, the dunce who was actually smart. That whole thematic world is dead and gone and I don't think Kishi even remembers it.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

This show sucks, but I can't stop watching. It's like a (sorta) work-safe version of Bible Black, but from Shounen Jump instead of some eroge studio.

Interestingly, Tsukune is better than most harem protagonists (like Ninomiya-kun, oh gosh oh gosh ><) but he still falls flat pretty royally, though he gets better later on in the manga.

I'm not one for anime fanservice/"hentai"/nudity whatever, but that ED is incredibly hot. When I saw it I was utterly surprised at how unabashed it was; there hasn't been stuff like that since the good ol' days of Mahoromatic, and I doubt R+V is on a late night slot like Geass. They're really pushing the line!

My favourite character thus far is the GAR Bus Driver. He's probably the Devil himself out to groom Tsukune to be some kind of Demon King or sumthin'! Tsukune when he gets manly is also a cool character as well.

Among the girls, I hate bubble-head Moka and the equally ditsy and frankly hideous succubus. I sort of liked Yukari at first, but then i found out she was eleven years old (@_@) and stayed away. So that leaves me with the icy girl, Shirayuki. Everyone loves her, though, so this doesn't set me apart from the crowd.

Pretty formulaic show though. High budget, surprisingly so for such a low-key cocktease.
    Last edited by Malintex_Terek; March 4th, 2008 at 09:21 PM.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Heard the manga was better because...well, Gonzo. But hey, with hot supernatural girls around, who needs plot? (thinking of holding off on watching this until I get the manga when the US release starts)
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    This show sucks, but I can't stop watching. It's like a (sorta) work-safe version of Bible Black, but from Shounen Jump instead of some eroge studio.

Interestingly, Tsukune is better than most harem protagonists (like Ninomiya-kun, oh gosh oh gosh ><) but he still falls flat pretty royally, though he gets better later on in the manga.

I'm not one for anime fanservice/"hentai"/nudity whatever, but that ED is incredibly hot. When I saw it I was utterly surprised at how unabashed it was; there hasn't been stuff like that since the good ol' days of Mahoromatic, and I doubt R+V is on a late night slot like Geass. They're really pushing the line!

My favourite character thus far is the GAR Bus Driver. He's probably the Devil himself out to groom Tsukune to be some kind of Demon King or sumthin'! Tsukune when he gets manly is also a cool character as well.

Among the girls, I had bubble-head Moka and the equally ditsy and frankly hideous succubus. I sort of liked Yukari at first, but then i found out she was eleven years old (@_@) and stayed away. So that leaves me with the icy girl, Shirayuki. Everyone loves her, though, so this doesn't set me apart from the crowd.

Pretty formulaic show though. High budget, surprisingly so for such a low-key cocktease.
    i know surpirsingly and the main charchter isn't a total wuss (which is a shocker to me espciallty since i watch a lot of anime) i agree about the mini witch and if you want to read the manga go to onemanga.com it's awersome

Kamisama420

I find it hard into my heart to get into another Vampire thing...

Hellsing was pretty cool back in the days, it was original for me as it was one of my first anime. The remake, Hellsing Ultimate, is pretty badass too.

Chrno Crusade, although not really "vampirish" in the terms of Dracula, had its kicks too. Nothing much to say against that one.

Then there`s Black Blood Brother, which is not baaaad but not good either. Nothing to get excited about.

Following that was Shingetsutan Tsukihime, which as a pretty nice concept but didn`t quite catch to me. It was missing something. It can get confusing and leave a void...

Karin is simply laughable. I mean, I even wonder if I can put it in the same category.

I don`t know... I saw quite a few vampire or similar anime, and I think that I`m afraid that the more I watch, the more it`ll break my view of vampire anime built by Hellsing... The demon anime are overwhelming enough as it is... I might just need a change of style too...

Might check out episode 1-2 just for the kicks... You never know before trying as they say...

I really woudln't call R+V a vampire series...its a harem series who's main girl happens to be a vampire. (considering the rest include a succubus, a witch and a yukionna)

Oh, I heard Tsukune is rather wimpy in the anime, but the manga gets more interesting when...

Spoiler:
    He turns into a ghoul after Moka drinks too much of his blood...which reminds me of that first guy in the original "Dracula" for some reason.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

R+V manga is kickass, I can't stand the anime though. They really messed the story so far

The only problem I have with the R+V series is that "GAR TSUKUNE" is the only selling gimmick, without him the show/manga would be only slightly above average for a harem series because Tsukune himself isn't all that bad and the harem is quite diverse taste-wise.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

watched ep 1. too many pants for my taste, but i checked the latest raw manga and one of the girls is really hot, so i'll stick with the anime for a bit. i'm not into ecchi manga, so i'll pass on it, but the drawings make the girls way cuter than in the anime for now.

Kamisama420

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoro Ataru View Post
    I really woudln't call R+V a vampire series...its a harem series who's main girl happens to be a vampire. (considering the rest include a succubus, a witch and a yukionna)

Oh, I heard Tsukune is rather wimpy in the anime, but the manga gets more interesting when...
    Interesting... I might get into reading then.

hoenstly ... i would say that the anime is to echi and story line is messed up i nthe anime...but read the manga

>i nthe anime

I laughed.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

I just started reading the manga.

Notes:

1. Kurumu, Yukari are mostly the same.
    2. Moka is more likeable.
    3. Moka's super-vampire form has this ugly fang.
    4. Tsukune acts more like Keitaro than he does in the anime (thus far, anyway). That's not saying he *is* a Keitaro, he's just more prone to "oh god DDD:" moments.
    5. Art is worse than the anime.
    6. Storyline is more in-line I think.
    7. More badarse screen-time for Tsukune even though he gets "omgpwned" all the time.
    8. A lot less fanservice.

Overall? GONZO took a fairly mediocre manga and turned it into a not-that-mediocre-but-still-pretty-generic-and-badly-written y'know kind of show.

If they could do that, they've scored a hit IMO. That's a token for GONZO, they usually fudge up.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

This months Monthly Shonen Jump has the first chapter in it, I'm reading it now. Is it good? Would it be something worth reading past this?

Finished the first chapter, I enjoyed it. I'm going to download the manga now, hopefully the series is getting a good run from scanlators.

Oh joooy, I went to wiki to learn how many volumes of the series there are and get hit by a spoiler about the main character. My fault...
    Last edited by Buuhan1; May 13th, 2008 at 02:29 AM.

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

The manga alright if you can manage the "monster of the moment" storylines each usually trying to find a way to break up Tsu and Moka (Well most of the stories anyway.) only to end up getting kicked into the ground by Inner Moka. The only thing that annoys me is the pacing. I don't mind a fight but the author really loves to drag em out, the good thing though is that it over in one chapter rather then a couple with a few of the stories carrying on into the next. I like the concept though being a fan of the horror genre and especially vampires, most of the monster designs are pretty cool too (that nurse monster comes to mind).

The anime, ugh, like Reborn another product of trying to fit it for TV but ends up doing more harm then good. Characters introduced too early, storylines rewritten (I was especially disappointed with the Sunflower Hill arc. Way too many changes), too many personalities altered. It just seem like a dumbed down version of the manga which is never good. Heard it was good enough to get a second season so let hope it'll get a tad better.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Anyone still keep up with this manga? It's one of my top 10 truthfully

Decided to finish what there currently is these past few days stopped reading it a while back because of how long I had to wait between chapters and got into another manga/anime in that time. judging by the fact there is only 16 posts and how long it's been since the last post not many people read it on this forum.
    Last edited by KaizokuJinbei; July 1st, 2014 at 09:20 PM.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information