Default Re: Natanael Berg IV: Lick that Sasuke

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenfisch View Post
    You mean this one?

Yep, that's the one, thanks. :D
    3DS friend code: 1478-4380-6818
    NNID: Luxorcist

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Destiny View Post
    where did Robby Rev post his compressed version of Bleach's stupidly big panels?

I think that was SIX pages right there. Granted, one of them was the title page, but GEEZ.

...Even condensing 6 pages together it STILL has less characters and dialogue than one panel of Oda's.

I'm pretty confident I could get an entire chapter down to 3 pages, and a volume down to a single chapter, if I cared.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

There should really be one where OP gets a Kubo treatment, just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ponx View Post
    There should really be one where OP gets a Kubo treatment, just for fun.
    Did that almost exactly a year ago. November 1, 2012.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Did that almost exactly a year ago. November 1, 2012.
    Wow. How did I miss that. LOL, really felt like I was reading One Blargh. Although, why do I have a feeling the real Kubo can even drag it to 3-4 more pages...

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    http://imageshack.us/a/img835/8518/b...ondensced2.jpg

I think that was SIX pages right there. Granted, one of them was the title page, but GEEZ.

...Even condensing 6 pages together it STILL has less characters and dialogue than one panel of Oda's.

I'm pretty confident I could get an entire chapter down to 3 pages, and a volume down to a single chapter, if I cared.
    Please do :O

If at all possible in the future :O

Quote Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
    Yep, that's the one, thanks. :D
    Each author usually follows the pattern of his own style, I see Nami and Robin in almost all girls in One Piece.

Oda has trouble with making distinct attractive females
    Kubo has trouble with distinct characters period.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafagaafo View Post
    Each author usually follows the pattern of his own style, I see Nami and Robin in almost all girls in One Piece.
    Mention 5 of them, or make the gif like the one that mentioned above please

I find the Juubi-Trees 15 minutes time limit hilarious, because it really struck home how much Kishi has extended this debacle, more than ever before.

I mean, the extent of the Madara Buddies plan was
    1) Get Juubi, in order to become its host
    2) Moon Hypnosis

But when you look at the actual flow of events....

Naruto and bee fights Obito, who needs their beasts to complete the Juubi!
    Only he doesn't really need them at all, making the whole thing kinda pointless. Moon Hypnosis now? Actually no, the Juubi needs some time to Load. Fight Obito and Madara instead.
    The Juubi is here! Moon Hypnosis now? Actually, this is just the Juubis imperfect form. You need to wait for its final form
    The Juubi evolved! Moon Hyp- Sorry, still not final form
    But now Obito is the host anyway! Moon Hypnosis now? Nope, Obito is in uncontrollable Rage mode now
    He regained control! Moon Hypnosis now?! You'd think so, but Obito wants to dick around and kill everyone first
    Yeah, that worked well for him. Moon hypnosis now?!! Well, first he has to barf up up the Juubi again, so it can complete its evolution...
    Wait, why did he need to be its host then? Whatever. MOON HYPNOSIS NOW?! Yes!...in 15 minutes.

GodDAMN that is meandering of the highest order.
    Just wait, by the time that flower blooms (in a few months time) Madara will replace Obito, and the thing will reset or something

I remember back in day at Naruto when ninjas could cast 2-4 spells/jutsus at fight before they would become completely exhausted...and that each shadow clone would cut your current chakra to half...so if Naruto makes 400 clones he would have 1/400 of his original chakra left...

And now everyone's making lots and lots of clones. When did the power inflation start getting out of hand?
    3DS friend code: 1478-4380-6818
    NNID: Luxorcist

Quote Originally Posted by Mafagaafo View Post
    Hey look another person who doesn't know anything about art.
    (hint: people don't usually defend Oda on that count)

I think Kubo's character design is pretty much the most difficult thing to criticise him for.

Seems to me he's pretty good at superficially good design in most cases. Even the page layouts if you can manage to separate that from the pacing issues.

I mean come on roboquincy.

Hey. I need to find the beautiful sunset from Bleach? Anyone know where that was?

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova122 View Post
    I think Kubo's character design is pretty much the most difficult thing to criticise him for.

Seems to me he's pretty good at superficially good design in most cases. Even the page layouts if you can manage to separate that from the pacing issues.

I mean come on roboquincy.
    First of all, look at this page

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/543/5

We have: one okayish female character (whom I would not mind so much if Kubo didn't decide to give her the character trait of random murder of subordinates for no other reason then to let off steam), two characters with no facial features, and three honest to god designs, one of which is something you can come up in less then two minutes, the other is guy with a moustache and the third is someone who I HOPE is not black.

So only half the characters on this page even have any kind of distinction to them at all.

Then look at this and try to tell me this isn't lazy as hell.

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/544/10

I know Oda has problems with female characters being sort of similar alot of the time, but even he throws in a character like Jola or Tsuru to stand out.

Meanwhile the only non standard woman in the 0 Division got turned into the exact same standard character model with a very shoddy explanation.

Unrelated but in 544, we got something I forgot to coment on

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/544/12

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/544/13

Yep cause the future of your vague shadow dimension where I don't even know where you people live or even if any of you are alive is something I can empathise with perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    I find the Juubi-Trees 15 minutes time limit hilarious, because it really struck home how much Kishi has extended this debacle, more than ever before.

I mean, the extent of the Madara Buddies plan was
    1) Get Juubi, in order to become its host
    2) Moon Hypnosis

But when you look at the actual flow of events....

Naruto and bee fights Obito, who needs their beasts to complete the Juubi!
    Only he doesn't really need them at all, making the whole thing kinda pointless. Moon Hypnosis now? Actually no, the Juubi needs some time to Load. Fight Obito and Madara instead.
    The Juubi is here! Moon Hypnosis now? Actually, this is just the Juubis imperfect form. You need to wait for its final form
    The Juubi evolved! Moon Hyp- Sorry, still not final form
    But now Obito is the host anyway! Moon Hypnosis now? Nope, Obito is in uncontrollable Rage mode now
    He regained control! Moon Hypnosis now?! You'd think so, but Obito wants to dick around and kill everyone first
    Yeah, that worked well for him. Moon hypnosis now?!! Well, first he has to barf up up the Juubi again, so it can complete its evolution...
    Wait, why did he need to be its host then? Whatever. MOON HYPNOSIS NOW?! Yes!...in 15 minutes.

GodDAMN that is meandering of the highest order.
    Just wait, by the time that flower blooms (in a few months time) Madara will replace Obito, and the thing will reset or something
    what I find amazing is this:

- the first hokage stated that obito could start the Moon thingy without the 8 and 9 tails. The only issue is the time it takes (15mins)
    - they had the other tailed beasts chakra already
    - even those kin and gin brothers had 9 tails chakra they could use

so why the hell did they start a war to get the 8 and 9 tails??? They could easily spawn the tree on their hideout without anyone knowing. why did they desperately needed Naruto in order to complete their plan? am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by AtARU View Post
    what I find amazing is this:

- the first hokage stated that obito could start the Moon thingy without the 8 and 9 tails. The only issue is the time it takes (15mins)
    - they had the other tailed beasts chakra already
    - even those kin and gin brothers had 9 tails chakra they could use

so why the hell did they start a war to get the 8 and 9 tails??? They could easily spawn the tree on their hideout without anyone knowing. why did they desperately needed Naruto in order to complete their plan? am I missing something here?
    The 15 mins thing is with Kinkaku and Ginkaku's kyuubi chakra.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    First of all, look at this page

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/543/5

We have: one okayish female character (whom I would not mind so much if Kubo didn't decide to give her the character trait of random murder of subordinates for no other reason then to let off steam), two characters with no facial features, and three honest to god designs, one of which is something you can come up in less then two minutes, the other is guy with a moustache and the third is someone who I HOPE is not black.

So only half the characters on this page even have any kind of distinction to them at all.

Then look at this and try to tell me this isn't lazy as hell.

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/544/10

I know Oda has problems with female characters being sort of similar alot of the time, but even he throws in a character like Jola or Tsuru to stand out.

Meanwhile the only non standard woman in the 0 Division got turned into the exact same standard character model with a very shoddy explanation.
    In the first instance, they all look different. They are visually distinctive, at least to me.

The 15 mins thing is with Kinkaku and Ginkaku's kyuubi chakra.
    ok.

1. Get a hideout 30mins away from everything (just be safe) :P
    2. summon Kinkaku and Ginkaku
    3. use their chakra
    4. start moon thingy

no need to get naruto, no need to start a war, mission accomplished.

they didn't need to attack and start a war for X days. They could just start the jutsu and, if someone actually noticed them, defend for 15mins.

In the first instance, they all look different. They are visually distinctive, at least to me.
    The fact they have different coloured hair ?

I dunno, somehow the differences here seem to be rather microscopic in comparison to the guys from the previous chapter, ranging from racist Mexican stereotype, guy with a stupid knight helmet, and what I'm sure is going to be a racist stereotype of.....Bruce Lee ?

Closed Thread

Thread Information