Closed Thread
Page 484 of 502 FirstFirst ... 384 434 474 482 483 484 485 486 494 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,680 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Aizen did it all

anyone got that picture of Fat Naruto from way back when
    I checked the old Naruto threads because I remember BF ending a thread with that image but the link expired

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    anyone got that picture of Fat Naruto from way back when
    I checked the old Naruto threads because I remember BF ending a thread with that image but the link expired
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../Believeit.jpg

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zxcv11791 View Post
    Kubo dosen't rely on assistants too much according to interviews, prefers to do things himself.

Can't find a specific interview, but here is a bit I found

SJ: Do you use models or have one of your assistants pose for you? Have you ever dressed as a Soul Reaper and posed for a drawing?

TK: I don't do such things. I know in my head pretty much what a character is going to look like, so for any action scene I'll make the character move around in my head, choosing the angle I want and drawing from there.
    But wasn't there also an interview where Kubo was asked if there was something he never let his assistants do for him, and the answer was "explosions"?
    Wash your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    In the grand scheme of things unless we revisit Aizen, it doesn't look like we'll ever know anything about Aizen. Sure he wants to kill the Soul King, but... what's his background? his purpose? All he is for the story is a mover of plot, and we really don't know anything about why we should care about him.
    SJ: Will you ever do an Aizen backstory?
    Kubo-sensei: Will I...? To be honest, I think part of Aizen's appeal is that he's mysterious. It probably wouldn't be good for his character if I revealed everything about him.

Shipmate

Kubo has assistants no matter how hard you find it to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Leipziger Buchmesse 2013
    Jo Kaps: "Many mangaka have assistants that take over a part of the workload. Do you have any assistants?"
    Kubo: "Yes, I have four."

Jo Kaps: "How do you distribute work?"
    Kubo: "My assistants do [...] and the backgrounds." (Note: He said something else, but I could not unterstand the interpreter. It was something about lines.)

Jo Kaps: "Is there anything you would never allow an assistant to do? Something you absolutely want to draw yourself?"
    Kubo: (*smiles*) "Explosions and other effects. They mirror a character's emotions."

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Leipziger Buchmesse 2013
    Kubo: "My assistants do [...] and the backgrounds." (Note: He said something else, but I could not unterstand the interpreter. It was something about lines.)
    Pffffft! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!
    Everything's Eventual...

Yeah, I gotta agree with him. An explosion totally mirrors a character's emotions.

Ask Michael Bay, he's a total master of emotions.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

So he does explosions and other effects. Then what the hell do those other 4 people do? Cause there is nothing else besides those things and the usual huge character panels. Oh right he does the couple lines and 4 people are sitting there filling black ink everywhere. Way to go kubo, paying 4 people where it's not even necessary.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Drawing background in Bleach must be an assistant's dream job, getting paid normal wage for very minimal effort. Now I'm more curious about his assistants. I wonder if any of them has started drawing their own manga as well, which hopefully, won't use Bleach as an example.

About that "Emotional Explosions".. I don't get that shit. Then again, Bleach characters' emotional range is so narrow it doesn't even matter.
    Last edited by Domingo; June 22nd, 2014 at 05:49 PM.

It's not that Kubo has assistants that's surprising.

It's that he has four of them​.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post

Jo Kaps: "Many mangaka have assistants that take over a part of the workload. Do you have any assistants?"
    Kubo: "Yes, I have four."

ROFLMFAOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Yeah, I gotta agree with him. An explosion totally mirrors a character's emotions.

Ask Michael Bay, he's a total master of emotions.
    Really deep stuff .

I want to become one of Kubo's assistants now, getting paid for doing practically nothing. Finally, I've found my dream job!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    It's not that Kubo has assistants that's surprising.

It's that he has four of them​.
    I guess there is some symbolism behind it - like the four apocalyptic horsemen. That's deep...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Furisu View Post
    I want to become one of Kubo's assistants now, getting paid for doing practically nothing. Finally, I've found my dream job!
    It's not that easy. You have to be bring either Conquest, War, Famine or Death upon the world.

Four is also the number of death in Japanese mythology.

The thought of Kubo hiring 4 assistants merely to assemble his personal "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" for symbolism purpose had me in stitches.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Four is also the number of death in Japanese mythology.
    To be precise, 4 can also be read as shi, which shares the same reading as kanji for death. And yes, number 4 in Japan is often regarded as unlucky number just like number 13 in other countries.

I wonder which one of the assistants created the "The Heart" page. We should give him an award or something.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

I really would like to see how the 5 people work on one bleach chapter. Seeing his clean studio a couple years back, they probably draw a day at most and then just sit there watch tv, play games and drink all day for the rest of the week.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

5 people combining to create possibly the slowest moving manga in history.

Outstanding.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

I wonder if they sit around Kubo's pretentious quote table to "work"'

Or maybe they are called Shitenno. So many groups in anime/manga/gaming history are called so, it's very deep to call my assistants so - Kubo might have thought.

One of them draws the background in the north of a page, one in the south, one in the west and one in the east. Unfortunately these directions can vary depending in which direction an actual page faces so that they always don't know for which part they are responsible and therefore just quarrel and do nothing.

Closed Thread

Thread Information