Closed Thread
Page 459 of 502 FirstFirst ... 359 409 449 457 458 459 460 461 469 ... LastLast
Results 9,161 to 9,180 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Space Shenanigamis

Rip out your magic eyes, put them into someone else so they get magic eyes and then have someone else regen your eyes. That is the most munchkin-y thing I heard today. It's beautiful.
    Last edited by y2kyle89; June 6th, 2014 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Rules as written
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

So this happened in another forum with a friend of mine:

Kubo's lucky his characterization is so strong, that seems to be the only thing that actually exists in this series. People talking and interacting and emoting but very little of anything actually taking place
    Characterization... Emoting...

Spoiler:

RIGHT...

This two mangas have so many things in common, but the most important one is Power ups, wait what, nah nah, is trash dude, trash, ohhh Okey

http://mangastream.com/blog/42

Do you agree or disagree with some of the examples mentioned in the comments?

i dunno if i can really say Attack on Titan is "devoted to the truth and nothing else" and seeking to "portray the human experience as it is" insofar as every character has about the emotional range of a pancake

Eren "One Mode and One Mode Only" Jaeger: "I KILL DEM!!!! I KILL ALL DA TITAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !"

the human condition...

As Naruto is ending soon, I figured it's time to talk about some things I acutally liked in "Part 2"

1. Itachi's backstory
    2. Naruto deciding not to kill Nagato
    3. Jiraya acutally staying dead and having a pretty cool death scene.
    4. Hinata.
    5. Shikamaru vs Hidan
    6. Sakura's one single moment of being useful in her fight with Sasori.
    7. 8 Gates Guy.
    8. The other Kages.

We all have our issues with Naruto, but there were some gems in there. What are yours?

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    As Naruto is ending soon, I figured it's time to talk about some things I acutally liked in "Part 2"

1. Itachi's backstory
    4. Hinata.
    5. Shikamaru vs Hidan
    7. 8 Gates Guy.
    8. The other Kages.

We all have our issues with Naruto, but there were some gems in there. What are yours?
    Hum, i guess (not in any order)

1- Shikamaru vs Hidan
    2- The fight with Sasori
    3- Deidara
    4- Meeting the Kages was cool
    5- Gai kicking *** and taking names. Vs Kisame and now with Madara
    6- I actually enjoyed Naruto vs Deva Pain fight
    7- Everything with Jiraya in it

Edit: Considering Naruto was one of the first mangas i´ve read, i enjoyed how the Akatsuki group was presented, you know, when they actually seemed relevant.
    When i caught up to the manga there were still a lot of members to be seen and all the speculations around it were fun. So i guess i enjoyed Akatsuki until Deidara died and Pain was revealed to be that thing...
    Last edited by SpaceCowboy; June 6th, 2014 at 08:22 PM.

The Best Things about Part 2 in my opinion:

1) Gaara's rescue arc
    2) Itachi's backstory
    3) Shikamaru's fight with Hidan
    4) Jiraya
    5) Guy's fights with Kisame and Madara

I actually disliked the way Kisame died. It felt like all the hype he had in part 1 was wasted. And his death was supposed to be really DEEP by having him killed by his own kin, so to speak. Didn't do it for me. Felt really underwhelming.

What I liked best was the introduction of the Raikage and him beating the life out of Sasgay. But we all know where that eventually led to...

In fact, pretty much everything involving Akatsuki was so very disappointing. From the first time I saw those guys I pictured them as the final villains. Villains who would pose a real threat to Naruto and the ninja world in general in part 2. Their leader was supposed to be the final opponent in my eyes, having his character properly developed by maybe killing an important person beforehand. By appearing at crucial times, establishing his position as the big bad; the one final obstacle Naruto needed to overcome in order to ultimately become the Hokage and have the story end there.
    Great, now I'm sad. Fuck you, Kishi, you talentless bastard.

1. Itachi's backstory
    4. Hinata.
    5. Shikamaru vs Hidan
    7. 8 Gates Guy.
    8. The other Kages.

I'm actually surprised about some of your choices. Opinions, I guess. Some of them are debate worthy, though:

1- Itachi's backstory.

I think this one is pretty high on the list of every Naruto fan (and even non fans). Honestly? I feel like this moment, alongside the Fourth Hokage flashback, are two of the most contrived and logic defying pseudo-retcons ever written. And it's surprising, considering (at least the latter) they were on Kishi's mind from very early on. Though seeing how he later ruined Gaara's past too with the worst retcon in the series, well. I can see him doing rewrites in his mind till he completely wrecked every backstory ever.

The Itachi case in particular doesn't sit well with me because he's portrayed as the best human being on the entire universe. He did everything in his entire life for the greater good. He was the greatest peace lover in the planet. Ghandi was fucking Hitler fused with Pol Pot compared to Itachi! And yet, during Sasuke's flashback, we see how Itachi acter erratically, beated up some Uchiha policemen, acted defiantly. . .also, during his zombie moments, didn't he ask Sasuke to stop walking the path of hate or some crap? Holy shit, YOU forced him to walk that path by torturing him both physically and psychologically beyond the realms of reality! If his hidden agenda was to make Sasuke kill him and thus make him a Konoha hero, he did it in the WORST possible way ever! There were like a gazillion other ways to make it work. And then. . .Oh, Sasuke, don't be shrouded in darkness! What the hell? It's all your doing! You peace-loving mass murdering sadist!

Honestly, fuck Itachi in the ass.

We'll see about this one. . .

4. Hinata.

Hinata was well handled, true. On the Rock Lee spin-off. Here, she was mostly relegated to cheerleader duties like the rest of the Konoha 11, then she had a pretty ok moment with her confession to Naruto. . .and then she got ignored. Just like that. She finally musters up her courage to confess her love to him, making that a supposedly character changing moment, and her reward is. . .being ignored.

In the spin-off, the author even brought back the issue with her superior younger sister, the way her father doesn't respect her at all, and brought a satisfying CLOSURE to the whole situation: she faced Hanabi, barely bested her, showing her improved fighting abilities and being complimented by Neji on said improvement (which is something that also brings closure to their relationship), and her father finally accepting her and being proud of both of her daughters. THAT is how it's done.

The rest are ok. I guess mine would be the Gaara rescue arc (although that arc already started the fad of "You no Team 7? You no matter, you off screen biatch!" by making Team Guy barely relevant or shown AT ALL), 4 tails Naruto vs. Orochimaru and Hidan vs. Shikamaru. And I guess Killer Bee wrecking Sasuke, and Raikage wrecking Sasuke. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    I actually disliked the way Kisame died. It felt like all the hype he had in part 1 was wasted. And his death was supposed to be really DEEP by having him killed by his own kin, so to speak. Didn't do it for me. Felt really underwhelming
    I don't know, as unsatisfying as that "fight" was, getting ripped to shreds by sharks is kinda metal
    as much as I dislike this series now, that would make a good album cover

Hidan was the only Akatsuki i really truly liked, especially because of his VA in the anime.

Oh and the Kisame/Bee was kinda cool tbh, short and sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    I don't know, as unsatisfying as that "fight" was, getting ripped to shreds by sharks is kinda metal
    as much as I dislike this series now, that would make a good album cover
    And a good song title, too. "Getting Ripped to Shreds by Sharks"... Metal.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

What I liked about Part 2, off the top of my head:

1. Shikamaru vs Hidan
    2. Jiraiya
    3.Killerbee clownstomping Sasuke and his team
    4. Raikage clownstomping Sasuke and his team
    5. Guy opening 8 gates

Something that bugged me for a while, why exactly did Itachi tell Sasuke, "You lack...hatred"?

Thats sending him down on a dark path on purpose, and a bit of a dick move.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    1- Itachi's backstory.

I think this one is pretty high on the list of every Naruto fan (and even non fans). Honestly? I feel like this moment, alongside the Fourth Hokage flashback, are two of the most contrived and logic defying pseudo-retcons ever written. And it's surprising, considering (at least the latter) they were on Kishi's mind from very early on. Though seeing how he later ruined Gaara's past too with the worst retcon in the series, well. I can see him doing rewrites in his mind till he completely wrecked every backstory ever.

The Itachi case in particular doesn't sit well with me because he's portrayed as the best human being on the entire universe. He did everything in his entire life for the greater good. He was the greatest peace lover in the planet. Ghandi was fucking Hitler fused with Pol Pot compared to Itachi! And yet, during Sasuke's flashback, we see how Itachi acter erratically, beated up some Uchiha policemen, acted defiantly. . .also, during his zombie moments, didn't he ask Sasuke to stop walking the path of hate or some crap? Holy shit, YOU forced him to walk that path by torturing him both physically and psychologically beyond the realms of reality! If his hidden agenda was to make Sasuke kill him and thus make him a Konoha hero, he did it in the WORST possible way ever! There were like a gazillion other ways to make it work. And then. . .Oh, Sasuke, don't be shrouded in darkness! What the hell? It's all your doing! You peace-loving mass murdering sadist!

Honestly, fuck Itachi in the ass.
    Itachi's reasoning was more along the lines of not wanting sasuke to hate konoha, and to be able to one day live a happy life there with his loved ones. he made himself the big bad, the sole reason for all of sasukes suffering so that after sasuke kills him, he would feel free of that and be able to live happily in konoha. obviously that didnt work out the way he planned...

As Naruto is ending soon
    Is it ?
    I mean, it should be ending, but Kishimoto has proven time and again that he will go out of his way to protract it like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by DatYute View Post
    Itachi's reasoning was more along the lines of not wanting sasuke to hate konoha, and to be able to one day live a happy life there with his loved ones. he made himself the big bad, the sole reason for all of sasukes suffering so that after sasuke kills him, he would feel free of that and be able to live happily in konoha. obviously that didnt work out the way he planned...
    He beat him up and told him he was weak was because he lacked hatred. Its counter intuitive

Quote Originally Posted by Sander View Post
    Is it ?
    I mean, it should be ending, but Kishimoto has proven time and again that he will go out of his way to protract it like crazy.
    I think it was announced last year that Naruto was in its final arc. Or that it was nearing its end. It's either of those. Doesn't matter anyway though since as you say Naruto will never end if Kishimoto desires it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    I think it was announced last year that Naruto was in its final arc. Or that it was nearing its end. It's either of those. Doesn't matter anyway though since as you say Naruto will never end if Kishimoto desires it.
    We are trapped on the Infinite Tsukuyomi that is this manga for eternity

Last edited by Devil G.; June 7th, 2014 at 03:31 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information