Closed Thread
Page 458 of 502 FirstFirst ... 358 408 448 456 457 458 459 460 468 ... LastLast
Results 9,141 to 9,160 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Space Shenanigamis

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    And that's assuming "circular development" counts as a valid type of development.
    Right on the mark.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by NER View Post
    I found this gem in tumblr and I thought it would totally make sense for me to share it here. Enjoy.

Spoiler:
    What they said: Sakura is useless.
    What I heard: Despite her growing up with talentless civilian parents and being ignored by her gennin sensei, I will hold Sakura to the standards set by the son of the Fourth Hokage who has a limitless chakra source inside him and the heir to the Uchiha clan who wouldn't have done anything out of the ordinary if it weren't for his inherited magical eyes and a curse seal. I am incapable of judging her on her own, so I won't acknowledge how amazing it is that despite her origins she became a tremendous medical ninja, helped defeat a member of Akatsuki, and saved hundreds of lives all at the age of 15. I will constantly compare her to the two most haxed characters in the world who wouldn't have done anything special if not for circumstances of birth because I'm dumb.
    What I heard: Sakura was literally told she was useless to her face not three chapters ago.

Those freakin' normal talentless civilians. They're a plague on Hidden Ninja Villages. I'm surprised Sakura even managed to escape that hellhole. Poor girl could have become a normie like the rest of us suckers.
    Everything's Eventual...

I found this gem in tumblr and I thought it would totally make sense for me to share it here. Enjoy.

Spoiler:
    What I heard: Despite her growing up with talentless civilian parents and being ignored by her gennin sensei, I will hold Sakura to the standards set by the son of the Fourth Hokage who has a limitless chakra source inside him and the heir to the Uchiha clan who wouldn't have done anything out of the ordinary if it weren't for his inherited magical eyes and a curse seal. I am incapable of judging her on her own, so I won't acknowledge how amazing it is that despite her origins she became a tremendous medical ninja, helped defeat a member of Akatsuki, and saved hundreds of lives all at the age of 15. I will constantly compare her to the two most haxed characters in the world who wouldn't have done anything special if not for circumstances of birth because I'm dumb.
    What I heard: Sakura herself saying that she had already catch up with them.
    What I saw: She not doing nothing of useful, almost dying because of that and being saved by them. TWO TIMES!!

Spoiler:
    Sakura is compared to her teammates because they are presented narratively as a trinity, an unit, where one third clearly isn't pulling her weight. Its all about the presentation of her character; If Kishi was going to have her be one of only 4 ninja sticking around for the final battle, and constantly go on about wanting to catch up and be of use, its really shitty writing to have her be this useless. Her being "pretty competent, relative to her background!" is absolutely irrelevant when all we readers see on paper, what Kishi chooses to draw, is Sakura failing everything.

Kishi had ample opportunity to reflect on Sakuras accomplishments a few weeks ago. Most we got was "Sakura is a kind girl!"

Sakuras parents are Muggles.

"Its not fair to diss Yamcha just because he's a walking punchline. He's really strong for an average human!"

Whom else are we supposed to compare Suig- I mean Sakura to if not the group she herself considers a part of? Let's see... someone or something as useful as Sakura... a stick and stone? Oh I'm sorry. I meant a *kind* stick and stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Whom else are we supposed to compare Suig- I mean Sakura to if not the group she herself considers a part of? Let's see... someone or something as useful as Sakura... a stick and stone? Oh I'm sorry. I meant a *kind* stick and stone.
    Don't be so harsh on Sakura-chwaan! She accomplished quite a lot over the course of this manga. She cut her hair during the Chuunin-Exam, she learned how to heal fish (and sometimes even humans) over the timeskip, she helped Sai discovering his caring and emotional side by being the usual piece of feces towards naruto until even Sai got mad at her and at last, she learned how to gain cool facial tattoos in an instant. Oh and once she confused Kakashi by punching the ground he was using to hide really hard. So there you have it; Sakura has deserved her spot in the Holy Ninja Trinity!
    We all float down here!

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Sakura is compared to her teammates because they are presented narratively as a trinity, an unit, where one third clearly isn't pulling her weight. Its all about the presentation of her character; If Kishi was going to have her be one of only 4 ninja sticking around for the final battle, and constantly go on about wanting to catch up and be of use, its really shitty writing to have her be this useless. Her being "pretty competent, relative to her background!" is absolutely irrelevant when all we readers see on paper, what Kishi chooses to draw, is Sakura failing everything.

Kishi had ample opportunity to reflect on Sakuras accomplishments a few weeks ago. Most we got was "Sakura is a kind girl!"
    Fucking Obito was LITERALLY begging her to stab him in the eye and she couldn't even do that. You can't get any more useless than that very easily.

Hidden:
    This phony honor code that puts you on your throne, a double standard you invoke when you want~

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Not a fair comparison... Considering we have seen stones to crush eyes successfully.

Naruto: Where a fucking boulder is more useful than Sakura.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post

What makes it worse is Kishi constantly dragging in Team 7/Sakura wanting to catch up to Naruto and Sasuke again and again only to have someone else keep stopping her from doing something stupid/reckless.
    Last edited by AnonMach; June 6th, 2014 at 07:09 AM.

Let's not forget the ultimate coup d'etat of whatever usefulness Sakura served in this manga.

She was really good at one thing. She was the healer/medical nin on the team and not only that but she was for all intents and purposes just as good, if not better, as Tsunade. If anyone needed to be healed she was the one they looked to, that's where Sakura shined. In comes Naruto with his upgrade to completely nullify her contribution to the team in one fell swoop. She's left baffled. This is impossible! She doesn't even know how he did that! He regenerated an eyeball!?

And the worst part?

NARUTO DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW HE DID IT EITHER!

But the damage is done.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Let's not forget the ultimate coup d'etat of whatever usefulness Sakura served in this manga.

She was really good at one thing. She was the healer/medical nin on the team and not only that but she was for all intents and purposes just as good, if not better, as Tsunade. If anyone needed to be healed she was the one they looked to, that's where Sakura shined. In comes Naruto with his upgrade to completely nullify her contribution to the team in one fell swoop. She's left baffled. This is impossible! She doesn't even know how he did that! He regenerated an eyeball!?

And the worst part?

But the damage is done.
    If you spell it out like that, it becomes even worse. Damn, that eyeball regeneration crap was the peak of eye-related ridiculousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post

But the damage is done.
    Oh, he knows how he did it, he just can't explain it, which only implies there are more techniques to be pulled outta of his ass. Like sealing rasengan... Or lava-rasenganshurikens with Burst features.

But being that I've read that Hamura is a woman's name? Um... we're probably going to see Sakura get a boost power-up - with all the focus and attention on her uselessness. Because Hamura exists in someone - and it might as well be Sakura. At this point, will we really be surprised if this happens?
    How much can you do? Just grab a ball and juggle.
    All those balls in the air, How hard can it be?
    So hard you're getting dizzy!
    Keep those balls in the air, Keep those balls in the ai-air!
    Balls in the air!

Also the original intention was for the trio to mirror the sannin. Naruto and Sasuke have pretty much surpassed their mentors, but Sakura hasen't done anything better that Tsunade yet. She did that forehead regen hax, but madara just stabbed her and she had to be saved yet again.

If anything she should of been doing Gai's job and weakening madara with strong physical attacks, as that was what she was known for before. Instead she just went into the background as female healer.

So I just read the last few chapters of Naruto (after having been away for a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time; like legit years without closely/seriously following the manga; I only just dropped in every few months now and then), and, so, is Kagua gonna be the main/final villain basically?

And lol at Kakashi without his sharingan being just as worthless as Sakura, as said by Sasuke, damn.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    And lol at Kakashi without his sharingan being just as worthless as Sakura, as said by Sasuke, damn.
    Not that he was particularly useful WITH the sharingan.

Sasuke could lend him his one, just for the fight. Or even better, Sasuke could give both his eyes away and get them recreated by Naruto.

Closed Thread

Thread Information