Closed Thread
Page 452 of 502 FirstFirst ... 352 402 442 450 451 452 453 454 462 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,040 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

  1. #9021
    potentially on hiatus Ordinary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    I have to disagree. Unlike the Tres Bestia's the female Sternritter have been nothing short of impressive and have provem themselves to be credible threats. Apart from Mask De Masculine they're the only Sternritter to actually do some respectable damage to the opposition up to this point.
    Beating up a wounded Kenpachi is not respectable, even though Kubo says otherwise. there are plenty of shinigami captains out there.

  2. #9022

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
    I completely misread 'shenanigans' as 'shinigamis', at first.

    It's amazing how much sense it still made.
    Half-assed Shinigamis.

    I like it.

    Let's go with that instead.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron


  3. #9023
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Blue Grill

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Beating up a wounded Kenpachi is not respectable, even though Kubo says otherwise. there are plenty of shinigami captains out there.
    He wasn't that terribly wounded from his fight with Gremmy. We've seen him endure worse in the Nnoitra fight and still keep going, yet Candice and Meninas managed to beat him in 3 moves.

  4. #9024
    The Album Guy Nobodyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia, US

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    I think this video pretty well sums up my feelings about Naruto and Bleach.



    Though I will admit that Naruto is at least entertainingly bad again. With everyone wrapped up in Zetsu pods and now the appearance of the even more powerful Rabbit Lady, I'm just wondering how Kishi's gonna write his way out of this.

  5. #9025

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Akatsuki, Obito, Madara, Kaguya, ?, ?, ?

    So Kishi obviously doesn't know who the final World 8 boss is (and based on previous developments, I'm placing my bets on Kaguya also being a temporary "Villian for the Day!") nor does he want to end this manga. So like what, 9-10 chapters ago Kaguya wasn't known to anyone in the Naruto universe and now all of a sudden she's the central most powerful force in this universe?

  6. #9026

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    I have to disagree. Unlike the Tres Bestia's the female Sternritter have been nothing short of impressive and have provem themselves to be credible threats. Apart from Mask De Masculine they're the only Sternritter to actually do some respectable damage to the opposition up to this point.
    I am not talking about power levels, but about the character themselves. I could care less about how strong a character is when judging if they are likable or not.

    And even so, as Ordinary said, Kenpachi's downfall was credited to his fight against Gremmy, not the girl attacks. Even if we agree the fight against Gremmy shouldn't cost much to Zaraki in face of what he had faced already in previous fights, Kubo was pretty clear in saying that it actually did and the girls simply finished of a man who was on the verge of exhaustion already (they were even surprised he could still dodge).

  7. #9027
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Blue Grill

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I am not talking about power levels, but about the character themselves. I could care less about how strong a character is when judging if they are likable or not.

    And even so, as Ordinary said, Kenpachi's downfall was credited to his fight against Gremmy, not the girl attacks. Even if we agree the fight against Gremmy shouldn't cost much to Zaraki in face of what he had faced already in previous fights, Kubo was pretty clear in saying that it actually did and the girls simply finished of a man who was on the verge of exhaustion already (they were even surprised he could still dodge).
    I still disagree. I love Candice's idaf attitude and Giselle's silly faces, though I will admit that Liltotto and Meninas are a little bland in comparison. The Tres Bestia's didn't have nearly as much character or individuality to them as Bambietta's brigade, of course that's all subjective and you're entitled to your opinion.

    Gremmy himself implied that Kenpachi still had a lot left in the tank. It was the entire reason for his downfall. Despite being *the* (allegedly) strongest among the Sternritter his imagination couldn't fathom a power greater than the man standing in front of him. If Kenpachi were as wounded and low on reiatsu are you're suggesting Gremmy shouldn't have had any problem finishing him off. Kenpachi was hurt, yes, but he didn't have one foot in the grave already when Candice and Meninas made him take a dirt nap.

  8. #9028

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    So you guys. . .are enjoying Kaguya? Her. . .4 panels she's got so far? No, seriously. How does that even work?

    Even more: how can you get past the massive diarrhea crap thrown at our faces that is lolscrewing Madara out of the blue for. . .Kaguya?

    No no, even more: how did that metamorphosis even fucking work? So, in the end, Kaguya WAS Black Zetsu? Her essence? Was there a recipe to create a Kaguya?

    "To cook a delicious Evil Rabbit Moon Lady we'll need: A Black Zetsu, some brainwashed people in a cocoon, a Madara with a third eye in his forehead. Mix it all up at 100 degrees celsius, and some salt and pepper, and don't forget the final touch that is some "will of Kaguya", whatever that means. You either have it in you or you don't. Ta-dah! You have your Ubber Evil Rabbit Lady, aka Kaguya, the second-or-third-to-last-Final-Boss! Bon appetite!".

    Fuck this shit.

  9. #9029
    Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat Chan View Post
    Do you guys realize we're 100 chapters in this arc? (Bleach)

    Fuck's sake.
    Are you kidding me? I'm lazy, so could someone tell me how long the dressrosa arc has been going now? It has either somewhere around 100 as well or a little less, but a hell of a lot more content than bleach in 100 chapters or even naruto if you think that this war has been nothing but the same things shown over and over again only with new backstabbing villains.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

  10. #9030
    The Age of Smiles Devil G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Spain

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Dressrosa has been 50 chapters so far, so yeah...

  11. #9031
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    F.O.

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    so could someone tell me how long the dressrosa arc has been going now?
    The SH arrived on Dress Rosa on chapter 701. Latest chapter out is number 749. Less than 50 chapters so far.

  12. #9032
    Division Commander Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Limbo

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    So you guys. . .are enjoying Kaguya? Her. . .4 panels she's got so far? No, seriously. How does that even work?

    Even more: how can you get past the massive diarrhea crap thrown at our faces that is lolscrewing Madara out of the blue for. . .Kaguya?

    No no, even more: how did that metamorphosis even fucking work? So, in the end, Kaguya WAS Black Zetsu? Her essence? Was there a recipe to create a Kaguya?

    "To cook a delicious Evil Rabbit Moon Lady we'll need: A Black Zetsu, some brainwashed people in a cocoon, a Madara with a third eye in his forehead. Mix it all up at 100 degrees celsius, and some salt and pepper, and don't forget the final touch that is some "will of Kaguya", whatever that means. You either have it in you or you don't. Ta-dah! You have your Ubber Evil Rabbit Lady, aka Kaguya, the second-or-third-to-last-Final-Boss! Bon appetite!".

    Fuck this shit.
    You see, Madara had the rinnegan, which Kaguya also had, so when he manifested his will as some sentient black goo, it only makes sense that it was Kaguyas will

    And Kaguya once pissed off the juubi by stealing its fruit, so it only makes sense that she can excert total dominance over it, and harvest the chakra from the pod people.

    Also, white Zetsu was a half-baked Hashirama clone made my Madara rubbing hashirama cells onto the Juubis dead shell, and since Hashirama is some descendant of the Sage, who fought the Juubi, of course being in a pod also makes you a white Zetsu!

    Power of vague association explains everything in Naruto, after all

  13. #9033

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Aren't the white zetsu weak as shit though, why would you want an army of that, wouldn't it be better to find a way for the mind enslaved ones to retain their original abilities?
    I also just realized that Zetsu might just be the most dissapointing akatsuki member of all, since he's basically just this weird ninja goo that makes stuff grow and other things I can't even be bothered to remember


  14. #9034

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    You see, Madara had the rinnegan, which Kaguya also had, so when he manifested his will as some sentient black goo, it only makes sense that it was Kaguyas will

    And Kaguya once pissed off the juubi by stealing its fruit, so it only makes sense that she can excert total dominance over it, and harvest the chakra from the pod people.

    Also, white Zetsu was a half-baked Hashirama clone made my Madara rubbing hashirama cells onto the Juubis dead shell, and since Hashirama is some descendant of the Sage, who fought the Juubi, of course being in a pod also makes you a white Zetsu!

    Power of vague association explains everything in Naruto, after all
    I think this whole mumbo jumbo is worse than anything Kubo has cooked in his entire lifetime, writing wise.

    I know them's fighting words, but honestly? You can't just keep doing this "vague association" thingie and expect all your readers to eat it all with a satisfied face. "Yesh, makes perfect sense. Gimme moar of this chocolate pudding, Kishi!" "yess. . .chocolate pudding. Totally chocolate. . .hurhurhur. . ."

  15. #9035
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Blue Grill

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    Aren't the white zetsu weak as shit though, why would you want an army of that, wouldn't it be better to find a way for the mind enslaved ones to retain their original abilities?
    -Unconditional loyalty
    -Hive mind
    -Substitute technique

    The pros outweigh the cons, imo.

  16. #9036
    Division Commander Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Limbo

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Since I'm no Narutolore expert I could be wrong, but in all fairness this crap is more isolated to the last part of the manga, as opposed to Bleach which hit ad-lib mode full throttle early on. Kubo has basically stated that from Rukias abduction onwards, he has no idea what he was doing, and IMHO nothing comes close to the fullbullshit arc, which was nonsense from beginning to end.

  17. #9037

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    I have to disagree. Unlike the Tres Bestia's the female Sternritter have been nothing short of impressive and have proven themselves to be credible threats. Apart from Mask De Masculine they're the only Sternritter to actually do some respectable damage to the opposition up to this point.
    Plenty of damage was done during the initial attack when those nameless fodders died off screen.

    My problem is that they're just rehashes of those annoying characters, right down to the inane bickering during the fight.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Since I'm no Narutolore expert I could be wrong, but in all fairness this crap is more isolated to the last part of the manga, as opposed to Bleach which hit ad-lib mode full throttle early on. Kubo has basically stated that from Rukias abduction onwards, he has no idea what he was doing, and IMHO nothing comes close to the fullbullshit arc, which was nonsense from beginning to end.
    You're right, Naruto's current arc is just pure bs and is constantly sinking to new lows, whereas before it was mostly mediocre with some really bad parts.

    Bleach was just terrible, especially during the Arrancar Saga onwards.

  18. #9038
    Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Wow, really only 50 chapters so far. And look how much oda fit in there. Screw you kubo and kishi. xD
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

  19. #9039

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat Chan View Post
    Do you guys realize we're 100 chapters in this arc? (Bleach)

    Fuck's sake.
    And in Naruto, the war's final fight (against Obito/Madara/Kaguya) is almost that long now... damn.

  20. #9040

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    So you guys. . .are enjoying Kaguya? Her. . .4 panels she's got so far? No, seriously. How does that even work?

    Even more: how can you get past the massive diarrhea crap thrown at our faces that is lolscrewing Madara out of the blue for. . .Kaguya?

    No no, even more: how did that metamorphosis even fucking work? So, in the end, Kaguya WAS Black Zetsu? Her essence? Was there a recipe to create a Kaguya?

    "To cook a delicious Evil Rabbit Moon Lady we'll need: A Black Zetsu, some brainwashed people in a cocoon, a Madara with a third eye in his forehead. Mix it all up at 100 degrees celsius, and some salt and pepper, and don't forget the final touch that is some "will of Kaguya", whatever that means. You either have it in you or you don't. Ta-dah! You have your Ubber Evil Rabbit Lady, aka Kaguya, the second-or-third-to-last-Final-Boss! Bon appetite!".

    Fuck this shit.
    I don't, it's a complete waste of time for Kishi to build up Obito and Madara only for Kaguya to be the final villain (if she is).

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts