Closed Thread
Page 442 of 502 FirstFirst ... 342 392 432 440 441 442 443 444 452 492 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,840 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

  1. #8821
    Champions Club mr.french's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Online Gaming Community

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Oh... such a bad idea to have a villain that's been built up somewhat over the last 50 - 100 chapters, and have them be destroyed by some other vague villain from ancient times just mentioned like ten chapters ago... I mean, not even Kubo would do something this stupid. And Kubo is a straight up dumb shit.

    And Kubo - I see he's really pushing the German theme villains with anti-christian/maybe heavy metal rock rebellious symbols(?) that really add substance the manga - with a villain name of with a play on words Yahweh. I mean... now that I'm thinking about it... being that Aizen was really smart, was his name a play on the name Einstein? Please, don't tell me... Oh Kubo.
    How much can you do? Just grab a ball and juggle.
    All those balls in the air, How hard can it be?
    So hard you're getting dizzy!
    Keep those balls in the air, Keep those balls in the ai-air!
    Balls in the air!

  2. #8822
    Division Commander Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Limbo

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Gaara rescue arc is just about the only thing I can call overall decent in part 2.

    the Shikamaru Spotlight Arc just suffered horribly from the haphazard structuring of part 2 as a whole; it just felt so sudden and disjointed. Like, BAM! here's focus on Shikamaru now! Out of the blue.

    Shikamaru: I like playing shogi with you Asuma-san, gosh I like you a lot Asuma-san
    Kakuzu: We're Akatsuki bounty hunters! That totally fits with the overall vibe our organization is going for!
    Hidan: Hey, lets go nab that Asuma guy!
    Kakuzu: Yeah, that Asuma guy is super important!
    Asuma: I WAS A CHARACTER! *dies*
    Shikamaru: NOOO! Damn you for forcing this character development on me! *wins fight, fades back into obscurity*
    Naruto: I'm the main character! *throws Rasenshuriken molecular bomb at a spaghetti monster*

    End arc.
    And then for something completely different!

  3. #8823

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Gaara rescue arc is just about the only thing I can call overall decent in part 2.

    the Shikamaru Spotlight Arc just suffered horribly from the haphazard structuring of part 2 as a whole; it just felt so sudden and disjointed. Like, BAM! here's focus on Shikamaru now! Out of the blue.

    Shikamaru: I like playing shogi with you Asuma-san, gosh I like you a lot Asuma-san
    Kakuzu: We're Akatsuki bounty hunters! That totally fits with the overall vibe our organization is going for!
    Hidan: Hey, lets go nab that Asuma guy!
    Kakuzu: Yeah, that Asuma guy is super important!
    Asuma: I WAS A CHARACTER! *dies*
    Shikamaru: NOOO! Damn you for forcing this character development on me! *wins fight, fades back into obscurity*
    Naruto: I'm the main character! *throws Rasenshuriken molecular bomb at a spaghetti monster*

    End arc.
    And then for something completely different!
    If you put it like that, it sounds like a decent comedy sketch. Spaghetti monster in particular is priceless.

  4. #8824
    Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    It is really kinda lame to have the ultimate villain be a character that just got introduced a couple of chapters ago. At least madara had more build up. I guess that solves his I don't know how to deal with madara, because I made him too strong problem. The question is how are they gonna defeat the rabbit
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

  5. #8825

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Gonna be completly honest with you: I think he is out of touch with his entire cast. The problems hardly stop at his female characters...

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    Well, to be fair, it would be ungodly dull (more than usual) if all of the Quincies were using bows and arrows. I don't think even Oda could make that stuff interesting, and Kubo ain't Oda.

    If we are talking female characters, let's not forget the crown jewel herself, Kurenai, who was completely shafted into a baby maker women in the kitchen role and was probably the ONE character in the ENTIRE series who was not in the final battle at all.


    Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

    You won this week Fairy Tail.

  6. #8826

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    We're like abused spouses who keep coming back even though our heads will explode with frustration.

    It's a miracle how Oda still keeps it fresh and exciting, even though the mermaid arc was disappointing.

  7. #8827
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron181 View Post
    It's a miracle how Oda still keeps it fresh and exciting, even though the mermaid arc was disappointing.
    Gonna disagree on Oda keeping things fresh and exciting. He still uses tropes, he still uses Shonen cliches. He slips every so often, which is more visible now than it was before timeskip... but that's a discussion for another thread.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    If we are talking female characters, let's not forget the crown jewel herself, Kurenai, who was completely shafted into a baby maker women in the kitchen role and was probably the ONE character in the ENTIRE series who was not in the final battle at all.
    I'm well aware. Altough I still think it hardly matters. There are more important story problems with Naruto. And more important characterization problems while we are at it.

    Obsession that people have with portrayl of woman in various forms of arts never ceases to amaze me.

  8. #8828

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    I loved the REAL Naruto and how we finally got to see Hinata's character arc closed - a fun and simple way, but still WAY FUCKING MORE THAN THAT SHITTY SPIN-OFF SERIES KISHIMOTO WRITES!

    What the actual fuck, man?! Suddenly Ino's life long dream, after so many years is to fuck Sasuke?! Is that REALLY everything she was thinking about and learning to do in all these years? To get some secret Sharingan sex technique?!
    And what the actual fuck about Tenten? Do I really remember this series better than the author himself? Maybe take notes, Kishi? Remember Tenten's introduction? How she wants to be as great female ninja as Tsunade? What happened to this shit?

    And you know why it angers me? Because I still think Kishimoto actually created, in this series, one of my all time favourite shonen fights ever. Yes, I am not shitting you. I think that the fight between Kimimaro and Neji was BY FAR the best fight in Naruto (long pause between places and somewhere, down below, number 2 is tied for all Rock Lee fights). It had EVERYTHING I wanted from a fight in this series - a guy sneaking around and actually ANALYZING his opponent. The opponent doesn't TELL HIM what his techniques do, how to defeat him or whatever. This guy is a walking Professor Layton and fucking figures out the radius and diameter of Neji's Byakugay, a fucking legendary eye, and does this by creating a series of tests! He tests and sees the resaults, processes the changes and finally can even fucking figure out how many kunais will stick to Neji. And while I do think Neji's win was a little half-assed, after such a great fight? I'll fucking TAKE IT over anything Kishi has given us in the last, what, THE LAST NINE YEARS?! I'm angry that even freakin' Shikamaru never had a fight like this, where he could show he can analyze his opponent as well as Kimimaro did.

  9. #8829

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    If we are talking female characters, let's not forget the crown jewel herself, Kurenai, who was completely shafted into a baby maker women in the kitchen role and was probably the ONE character in the ENTIRE series who was not in the final battle at all.
    What a complete waste of a character and she wasn't even used properly when Asuma died.

    Quote Originally Posted by madriano View Post
    Did The Almighty Madara just get finished off like that? Seriously? lol

    Can Naruto get any worse?
    Worse, he got replaced by a rabbit as the Final Villain.

  10. #8830

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Also, un-noted but kind of funning... apparently after being reminded she existed and making a design for her in the spinoff comedy gag series, Kishi decided to include Hinata's sister briefly in this chapter.

    Except of course within the context of the actual series, there's no way of knowing who that girl shh-ing Neji is. OH WELL!

    (Also, why would Gaara still have the sleep deprived racoon eyes?)

    But yeah, Ino's dream is especially awful and shows no growth at all and just complete regression.

    Most of the rest were nice though, honestly. If only we'd been given any reason to care about any of them for say, the last decade?

    And one more "no, that wasn't the final baddy, here's the REAL final villain!" twist for the road? WIth Zetsu? Eh.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  11. #8831

  12. #8832
    Champions Club mr.french's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Online Gaming Community

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    I just have a real problem, where in Naruto, people can live eternally. Seriously, people live eternally through your will. A person will die, and they can talk to people with a similar will after like 500 years.

    So basically, the Ramen guy will die one day, and some asshole in the far future will also dream of cooking ramen, and will talk to the Ramen guy because they share the same dream or whatever. And this makes sense.
    How much can you do? Just grab a ball and juggle.
    All those balls in the air, How hard can it be?
    So hard you're getting dizzy!
    Keep those balls in the air, Keep those balls in the ai-air!
    Balls in the air!

  13. #8833

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    And you know why it angers me? Because I still think Kishimoto actually created, in this series, one of my all time favourite shonen fights ever. Yes, I am not shitting you. I think that the fight between Kimimaro and Neji was BY FAR the best fight in Naruto (long pause between places and somewhere, down below, number 2 is tied for all Rock Lee fights). It had EVERYTHING I wanted from a fight in this series - a guy sneaking around and actually ANALYZING his opponent. The opponent doesn't TELL HIM what his techniques do, how to defeat him or whatever. This guy is a walking Professor Layton and fucking figures out the radius and diameter of Neji's Byakugay, a fucking legendary eye, and does this by creating a series of tests! He tests and sees the resaults, processes the changes and finally can even fucking figure out how many kunais will stick to Neji. And while I do think Neji's win was a little half-assed, after such a great fight? I'll fucking TAKE IT over anything Kishi has given us in the last, what, THE LAST NINE YEARS?! I'm angry that even freakin' Shikamaru never had a fight like this, where he could show he can analyze his opponent as well as Kimimaro did.
    While the Rescue Sasuke arc was the beginning of the end, the fights were sweet (though it's been ages since I read them, maybe they haven't aged all that well). I don't know if Neji vs Spiderman (not Kimimaro; Kimimaro was the bones emo kid) was my favorite, but nearly all of them were at least cool. Well, Kiba was kinda lame, but he's Kiba, so it's to be expected. And once the sand reinforcements came, the sound remnants got offed rather disgracefully. . .

    Even Naruto vs. Sasuke had its moments, even if all the drama shoehorned into that fight felt like a last minute addition instead of real, heart felt drama. But the fight itself, full of DBZ transformations and stuff, wasn't that bad. And the sharingan did logical sharingan stuff, not. . .reality bending stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.french View Post
    I just have a real problem, where in Naruto, people can live eternally. Seriously, people live eternally through your will. A person will die, and they can talk to people with a similar will after like 500 years.

    So basically, the Ramen guy will die one day, and some asshole in the far future will also dream of cooking ramen, and will talk to the Ramen guy because they share the same dream or whatever. And this makes sense.
    The thing I still don't know if I fully grasped is. . .this so called "will" is just symbolic, or they do have someone inside of them? Like, Black Zetsu this chapter: was he possessed by evil rabbit lady? He works for her? He knows her personally?She talks to him and tells him what to do? He "feels" her power inside him and acts on her behalf? He has some sort of internal connection with the remains of her spiritual body that gives him a vague ideal that he decided to follow?

    As far as we know, Naruto and Sasuke never felt anything inside them regarding Indra and. . .the other brother, until they were told by the Sage of the Exposition Path. But this Black Zetsu totally said "I follow the will of Kagura!", so. . .what?

  14. #8834
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.french View Post
    Oh... such a bad idea to have a villain that's been built up somewhat over the last 50 - 100 chapters, and have them be destroyed by some other vague villain from ancient times just mentioned like ten chapters ago... I mean, not even Kubo would do something this stupid. And Kubo is a straight up dumb shit.
    It's even worse because Madara being built up as the main villain started at around 300 chapters ago. Even more than that if you take into account hindsight but I'm not going to because 300 chapters of obvious build up is good enough for me.

    Spoiler:

    Chapter reference: http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/370/15

    And when was Kaguya introduced so that she could be setup to take over as main villain of he series?

    Spoiler:
    A little over 30 chapters ago: http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/646/9

    The Sage of Six Paths winding up as the main antagonist would have been easier to stomach than his mom.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    As far as we know, Naruto and Sasuke never felt anything inside them regarding Indra and. . .the other brother, until they were told by the Sage of the Exposition Path. But this Black Zetsu totally said "I follow the will of Kagura!", so. . .what?
    Ashura. The body snatcher's name is Ashura.

    Spoiler:
    Everything's Eventual...


  15. #8835
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Gaara rescue arc is just about the only thing I can call overall decent in part 2.

    the Shikamaru Spotlight Arc just suffered horribly from the haphazard structuring of part 2 as a whole; it just felt so sudden and disjointed. Like, BAM! here's focus on Shikamaru now! Out of the blue.

    Shikamaru: I like playing shogi with you Asuma-san, gosh I like you a lot Asuma-san
    Kakuzu: We're Akatsuki bounty hunters! That totally fits with the overall vibe our organization is going for!
    Hidan: Hey, lets go nab that Asuma guy!
    Kakuzu: Yeah, that Asuma guy is super important!
    Asuma: I WAS A CHARACTER! *dies*
    Shikamaru: NOOO! Damn you for forcing this character development on me! *wins fight, fades back into obscurity*
    Naruto: I'm the main character! *throws Rasenshuriken molecular bomb at a spaghetti monster*

    End arc.
    And then for something completely different!
    Wow, do you visit tv tropes? Also, Gaara's dream world was the best part of the whole chapter.
    Regarding Madara getting hand-impaled, the specifically showed that he is still vulnerable to taijutsu.

  16. #8836
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Best part of the chapter? Sasuke confirming how useless Sakura is and how useless Kakashi has become.

    It's like Kishi doesn't care. He doesn't care. Await for the hamfisted moment when Kishi gives Sakura and Kakashi some important task to save the day like "be a distraction" while Naruto and Sasuke do all the work.
    Everything's Eventual...


  17. #8837

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Sasuke ripping kakashi apart with his insults was the best part of the chapter.


  18. #8838

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    I could only imagine Kakashi going all...

  19. #8839
    The Nice Guy Outerspec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Home away from home.

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    It'd be hilarious if this stirred some deep hatred in Kakashi's heart for Sasuke which finally bloomed at that moment and he betrays Sasuke by literally stabbing him in the back.

    With a Chidori.

    Naruto would probably just revive Sasuke though...

    I can't believe Naruto can repair/create body parts at a whim.
    I can't believe Sasuke has the Rinnengan though it was predicted (jokingly?) a long time ago.
    I can't believe Kakashi got his eye plucked out and the ninja that knows a 1000 techniques is now useless without his magic eyeball.
    I can't believe reincarnated spirits have been running the whole show and plot this entire time.
    I can't believe Sasuke wants to be Hokage...

    What was I talking about again?
    Everything's Eventual...


  20. #8840

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- The spinoff is more productive

    Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    The thing I still don't know if I fully grasped is. . .this so called "will" is just symbolic, or they do have someone inside of them? Like, Black Zetsu this chapter: was he possessed by evil rabbit lady? He works for her? He knows her personally?She talks to him and tells him what to do? He "feels" her power inside him and acts on her behalf? He has some sort of internal connection with the remains of her spiritual body that gives him a vague ideal that he decided to follow?

    As far as we know, Naruto and Sasuke never felt anything inside them regarding Indra and. . .the other brother, until they were told by the Sage of the Exposition Path. But this Black Zetsu totally said "I follow the will of Kagura!", so. . .what?
    I guess it's supposed to be symbolic or something, that seems to be why they keep mentioning the will of fire in regards to Naruto.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts