Closed Thread
Page 43 of 502 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Default Re: Nardy and Blah IV: I take it back; I don't miss Bleach anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Probably higher compared to quite a few other series, though.
    I really doubt that, because from what i remember, it's hard to have a decent result from manga sales in America. And there's an attempt to persuade Japan (publisher) to allow them make manga digitally.

I found this link (don't know if it has credibility) that says America + Europe + Middle East's manga sales combined didn't touch 5% from Japan sales..
    Last edited by knceng; September 5th, 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Someone at mangahelpers mentioned that a US preview for Bleach's vol 58 or 59 claimed a total circulation of 2 million. Assuming that's true, that puts a ceiling on sales of ~34-35k per volume.

Quote Originally Posted by knceng View Post
    I really doubt that, because from what i remember, it's hard to have a decent result from manga sales in America. And there's an attempt to persuade Japan (publisher) to allow them make manga digitally.

I found this link (don't know if it has credibility) that says America + Europe + Middle East's manga sales combined didn't touch 5% from Japan sales..
    No, yeah, I believe it. I'm just speaking comparatively to other series.

Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

So this guy attempted to "justify" the problems with Naruto Part 2

I watched the whole video, and it seems most of the time he either misrepresented the criticism that Naruto gets, or he didnt even do a good job at it. Specially at the Sasuke part.

Everyone who is interested about the American Manga and Comic market should read this article:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=43773
    He posts Bookscan reports and analyzes them. For those who do not know, Bookscan is the same as oricon and like oricon it does not represent ALL sales. It is estimated that it represents something around 70% of all sales. It is enough to get a picture about the scale of Manga in America.
    The sales of Naruto (and most other Manga) have fallen quite a lot in recent years. 2010 Naruto sold in America 60 000 + copies per Volume. In 2012 it had problems selling 20 000+ copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Josl View Post
    Everyone who is interested about the American Manga and Comic market should read this article:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=43773
    He posts Bookscan reports and analyzes them. For those who do not know, Bookscan is the same as oricon and like oricon it does not represent ALL sales. It is estimated that it represents something around 70% of all sales. It is enough to get a picture about the scale of Manga in America.
    The sales of Naruto (and most other Manga) have fallen quite a lot in recent years. 2010 Naruto sold in America 60 000 + copies per Volume. In 2012 it had problems selling 20 000+ copies.
    Wow, Naruto in France it sold a lot better! At least(Volumes in Top 50) 227 300 copies in 2012, ten times more. The data is in this article: http://www.du9.org/dossier/meilleures-ventes-2012/

(
    Note: One Piece sold 594 200 copies in France, more 366 900 copies than Naruto. This make One Piece the best selling manga in the best manga market of Europe).

--- Edit ---

Noticed that you're talking of copies per volume, it was strange the huge difference. Per volume 2012 Naruto sold ~76 000 copies in France. Still a lot more than in America.

(Note: Naruto #55 sold +17k in America and 85,6k in France)

Who said that America has a bigger manga market than France? In Volumes sales France is bigger(France don't have manga Magazines, so if you add those numbers, America has a bigger market).In terms of Volumes, in 2010, France made around 30.8 Million copies and earned around 313 Million euros while America made around 25.6 Million copies and earned around 242 Million euros. And America had more than five times the population of France. Right now the situation is pretty much the same(Or had some huge change happened in one of the markets?). Article: http://www.du9.org/dossier/annexes/

(
    Note: Yes, in 2010, One Piece sold more copies, only in Japan, than all France/American manga market printed Volumes.)
    Last edited by Bigivel; September 5th, 2013 at 02:08 PM.

More than anything, I'm surprised by the existence of Bookscan reports with actual numbers instead of relativistic ratings.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post

(
    Note: One Piece sold 594 200 copies in France, more 366 900 copies than Naruto. This make One Piece the best selling manga in the best manga market of Europe).
    Yes, One Piece is doing pretty well here, slightly better than Naruto, I guess that broadcasting 5 episodes per day helped quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Yes, One Piece is doing pretty well here, slightly better than Naruto, I guess that broadcasting 5 episodes per day helped quite a bit
    onepiece is doing pretty well in Italy too..but the same goes for naruto for what i know

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    More than anything, I'm surprised by the existence of Bookscan reports with actual numbers instead of relativistic ratings.
    For a very short while ANN reported weekly Bookscan rankings with numbers:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...king-may-21-27
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-may-28-june-3

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Wow, Naruto in France ... ~
    Man, this is why i don't get their world sales justification...

btw, it's surprise me that manga sales doing good in France. Is this mean they just started focus in manga sales since One Piece Naruto booming or they already doing that since Hokuto no Ken's era?

Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: The Voyage Hurts

Man, fxck Bleach all day. Didn't they say that the final arc'd begun about 50 60 chapters ago? But now there's a new final arc. Regardless, Kubo Shite's gonna' long this fxcker out for another 200 chapters of random power-ups. 'OMG - He used Bankai!' 'WTF - He just sealed my bankai, luckily I have another form' 'Shxt man, he has another form, no problem, I can beat him if I hold my sword with 2 hands' ect. ect. ect. Why do these battle-hardened captains always look so fxcking scared whenever the very thought of a power-up is mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by BinSquarr View Post
    Man, fxck Bleach all day. Didn't they say that the final arc'd begun about 50 60 chapters ago? But now there's a new final arc. Regardless, Kubo Shite's gonna' long this fxcker out for another 200 chapters of random power-ups. 'OMG - He used Bankai!' 'WTF - He just sealed my bankai, luckily I have another form' 'Shxt man, he has another form, no problem, I can beat him if I hold my sword with 2 hands' ect. ect. ect. Why do these battle-hardened captains always look so fxcking scared whenever the very thought of a power-up is mentioned?
    This is not a new final arc! This is the final chapter of the final arc, or you can say the final phase of the final arc! The problem here is that this final phase probably(Unless something happens to kubo and he decides to make shorter fights and make a faster pace) will take 3 or 4 years.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Wouldn't it be hilarious if bleach finished before naruto, while naruto still wouldn't have finished fighting madara in the same freaking rocky place, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BinSquarr View Post
    ...who said the arcs of Bleach go from first to last?

Quote Originally Posted by knceng View Post
    Man, this is why i don't get their world sales justification...

btw, it's surprise me that manga sales doing good in France. Is this mean they just started focus in manga sales since One Piece Naruto booming or they already doing that since Hokuto no Ken's era?
    As far as I'm aware, since my uncle is French and into mangas/comics (and someone actually from France PLEASE correct me here), France has also a large BD (bande dessinée, translates into "drawn book/volume") market, which is similar to mangas in that they exist for pretty much every demographic with every kind of topic. Therefore, or so I assume, the population is less avert to mangas than many other countries, where comics fall into some category of "nerd-hobby".
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the real Naruto's anime is returning!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-in-new-anime

Quebec isn't really France so I can't comment on that. But over here kids grow up reading series like Astérix et Obélix, Tintin, and Lucky Luke. So are probably less averse to reading comics in general. Don't really have much experience with other BD. Personally, I liked American stuff like Calvin and Hobbes more. Well, mainly just Calvin and Hobbes.

Still, I'd say manga is still pretty niche here (minus Dragon Ball, everyone read Dragon Ball) but probably more popular than american comics*; although, both fall squarely under nerd hobbies. Although, now that I think about reading in general is pretty niche nowadays...

*It's been a while but I'm pretty sure most bookstores carry more (as in at least twice as much) manga than western comics so there's definitely more demand.

And fyi, bande dessinée (BD) means drawn strip.

Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Destiny View Post
    So this guy attempted to "justify" the problems with Naruto Part 2

I watched the whole video, and it seems most of the time he either misrepresented the criticism that Naruto gets, or he didnt even do a good job at it. Specially at the Sasuke part.
    Only watched as far as his first "flaw"

The suppposed people love part 1 because everyone had to work hard to become stronger, meanwhile part 2 was just about power up after power up.

THat is not the freaking flaw. We dont' give a shit about power ups. They were power up in part 1, there was training in part 1, part 2, and so on. THe thing that we bitched about is that Naruto turned into a cliche Everyone was someones father, mother, ect. Naruto was no longer an underdog, not because he magically got powers easy, but becasue his dad was the freaking last hokage and his mom was also a huge person.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    As far as I'm aware, since my uncle is French and into mangas/comics (and someone actually from France PLEASE correct me here), France has also a large BD (bande dessinée, translates into "drawn book/volume") market, which is similar to mangas in that they exist for pretty much every demographic with every kind of topic. Therefore, or so I assume, the population is less avert to mangas than many other countries, where comics fall into some category of "nerd-hobby".
    Yep, I believe that is the case. For what I know, France has a big history of BD(cool that in Portugal the acronym is the same, in this case is "Banda Desenhada") and unlike America, that for what I heard had a huge comics bubble burst where Superheros(genre) and children stories(demographic) were the only ones that survived, all the demographics and genres stayed reasonable popular, making the prejudice "BD is only for children" never happen. In Portugal and other places, at least in Europe, where never existed a really BD industry, caught the same American prejudice (Because of American influence or because the only think, with drawings, were illustrated kids books).

Closed Thread

Thread Information