Closed Thread
Page 40 of 502 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    There's also the fact that's the name of the magazine, and a (from what I gather) universally recognised category of the genre ?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I just edited something into the post to explain in full.
    I's is a romantic series and is from the same magazine(Weekly Shonen Jump)!Shonen isn't a genre! is a Target audience(Teenager Boys)! But both Bleach and One Piece have the same genres: Action, Battle, Supernatural. So they can easily and directly be compared!

Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    Well, not exact video, but it explains a rough notion about what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4BEeX7HUAk
    Probably nobody will watch it anyway, so in short most people dislike bleach because what's happening in it often doesn't match with what people want to happen and what they want to see. However there was another video, which I didn't find, where was explained that Orihima rescue and Karakura town arcs weren't that bad, but most readers dislike them because things happened in ways whose aren't generally favourable for readers.

Well, of course, it's a flaw. I assume that writer has to navigate its readers for things to happen in future of this manga. The basic principe of storytelling is to make certain expectations about something in order to gain positive feedback by exceeding those manufactured expectations.

However the reason why I like Bleach is because I don't have any expectations - to be more precise, I'd prefer to avoid creating spoilers for myself in order to improve my experience by reading chapters. To be honest, I never had any issues with Orihime and Chad to begin with, because with their level of strength I never expected them to have any significially important role in this manga. So I guess it depends on what kind of mindset do you have when you read Bleach.

Well, it didn't occur to me until now that it's a powerful resource for a writer to be able to guide expectations of readers, but that's because I never read any manga while having specific expectations about what I want to happen in future. I guess I understand better now why people dislikes Bleach. However, as for me, it makes reading Bleach more interesting.
    You can directly post the video! Like this

Bleach had a decent color spread and...
    nothing really
    So, now even Mayuri has a shit design, even though I liked his first + the behemoth helmet, oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    I's is a romantic series and is from the same magazine(Weekly Shonen Jump)!Shonen isn't a genre! is a Target audience(Teenager Boys)! But both Bleach and One Piece have the same genres: Action, Battle, Supernatural. So they can easily and directly be compared!
    I said category of a genre, given people label these series as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    No seriously, Latvia? Lat...via?
    That sounds like stuff you find in the kosher section of the grocery to make pancakes? A country? I think not!
    Thought you were omniscient when it came to countries and disputes and the like. I mean, I'm sure you know it and are just pretending as you usually do, but normally you retort in a way that shows off your country-knowledge - I've never seen you bash one. Except 'murrica.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by knceng View Post
    Nope, DF is fantasy, chakra is a real thing (became a fantasy thing in naruto), while shinigami and youkai only works with japanese (<-- my opinion)...
    then Shinigami,Youkai are fantasy too....
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    See the key point here is that it doesn't ruin it for you. Have you considered that different people experience these things differently? Just because YOU don't care doesn't mean we shouldn't, and just because we don't care doesn't mean you should. However, I don't get how anyone can call Bleach's pacing anything beyond abysmal. So little happened in this chapter, especially compared to what could happen. I believe Robby proved how much Bleach stretches things out by editing a chapter into a few pages without losing anything important whatsoever.

Ooh, do you have a link to that? It looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    then Shinigami,Youkai are fantasy too....
    I don't know about that, i'm not japanese ...

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Porcelainpot View Post
    Ooh, do you have a link to that? It looks interesting.
    Here.
    http://forums.arlongpark.net/showthr...91#post2732091

Quote Originally Posted by knceng View Post
    I don't know about that, i'm not japanese ...
    So do you believe that these

can biologically exist ? :O

Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post
    Thanks! That was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    So do you believe that these

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...2lcgo1_250.jpg

can biologically exist ? :O
    Now that's cultural thing...
    Try our Kuyang
    Spoiler:

Discount Superman Lazy Ass Justice's Avatar

A-Aizen? Is that you?
    I didn't think Bleach was that bad this week. Nothing really stupid happened except for Hitsugaya acting like he did a Chuck Norris workout. If he has some new powerup I call bullshit.
    I guess it looked kind of nice as well.

Without having read the chapter in it's entirety yet I have to say this week's Bleach had a genuinely neat looking colorspread.

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Without having read the chapter in it's entirety yet I have to say this week's Bleach had a genuinely neat looking colorspread.
    Yes. Neat in that it used more than two colors (hey, don't strain yourself Kubo).

Discovered Stowaway

Well, this has the possibility to get really dumb, really fast. Why's Hitsugaya trying to be such a badass there at the end? In fact, why's everyone all nonchalant? It hasn't even been a day since they were getting steamrolled by these guys now was it? Wasn't Toshiro going away to train on using a sword? I'm so confused by this tone they're trying to set, like the ground is suddenly more equal somehow? Maybe I must just have to turn my brain off, that's the 'right' way to read Bleach.

Wow, has it really only been a day in Bleach-time? Kubos pacing is so bad that it messes up his perception of the passage of time in the story. I mean, what the hell is the point of having 3 seperate Quinzi break ins in such a rapid sequence?

Did anyone else do a double take at the Quincy Logic that shinigami HQ was the least secured area, and the best one for them to hide in?

Because shinigami spend so much time doing their jobs in the human world or routing Hueco Mondo they're hardly ever in Seireitei, yup yup

And shadow powers or no, I refuse to believe that the Quinzi army can move into SS without any shinigami noticing
    Last edited by Daz; September 4th, 2013 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Yes. Neat in that it used more than two colors (hey, don't strain yourself Kubo).
    Yeah I admit the bar was set pretty low but even so the colorspread was actually pretty good. It actually gives the appearance of something exciting happening which basically never happens in Bleach, it has a really cool set up with the Quincies on one side and Shinigamis on the other with Ichigo, the half-blood of both, being the dividing line between them, and plus it has a neat water color look about it which has to account for something. Variety if nothing else?

Bleach is garbage but hey credit where credit is due for when Kubo manages to do something alright.

Its the best color content Kubo has produced in years, that is true. Its a damn sight better than his "color page" at least. I bet Shueisha considers it a bargain in terms of ink.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Wow, has it really only been a day in Bleach-time? Kubos pacing is so bad that it messes up his perception of the passage of time in the story. I mean, what the hell is the point of having 3 seperate Quinzi break ins in such a rapid sequence?

Did anyone else do a double take at the Quincy Logic that shinigami HQ was the least secured area, and the best one for them to hide in?

Because shinigami spend so much time doing their jobs in the human world or routing Hueco Mondo they're hardly ever in Seireitei, yup yup

And according to Ywhach, after their loss the Quinzies apparantly traveled to soul society -before learning the whole alternate dimensions in shadows trick.
    Which begs the question of HOW THE HELL DOES THE SHINIGAMI NOT NOTICE THEM
    Again: Kubologic.

But wow, didn't notice the last part.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Wow, has it really only been a day in Bleach-time?
    So will Bach now off himself for acting like a prophet I wonder ?

Also it's been thirty chapters since Bach fucked off.

Boy we have learned so much about his character since ! Like....that he apparently likes peace, even though he dismembers his own men and sucks his own people's souls to gain strength, and he also chose Uryuu as his heir for.....reasons......

Closed Thread

Thread Information