Closed Thread
Page 37 of 502 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    Yes, that's exactly my thoughts, but I don't really like people whose are unable to accept something different and set their standards too high for their own good.
    you are right on many many levels but you should not "let ruin your reading experience" just because of a few haters. lot of people here would bash bleach even if it would start to be great again.

Like I said, I don't understand you guys, because those points doesn't register as something that ruins reading experience for me.
    I decided to return, because I guess I already have read this chapter and so it doesn't really ruin anything for me like I said. Give me some time, I want to try toreasonate why are you disliking Bleach for such reasons.
    What's there to understand?

The points adressed until now doesn't have to ruin your reading experience. You can still enjoy the manga just as always, but it doesn't mean that Kubo's writing is anything close to being decent. We're talking about the quality of the writing, not your level of enjoyment.
    Plus, it's clear that your standarts are so low you can practically stomp on them (atleast, going by your "It was nice to see the science guys again," comment)

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Fram View Post
    you are right on many many levels but you should not "let ruin your reading experience" just because of a few haters. lot of people here would bash bleach even if it would start to be great again.
    i've been hearing this so many times seen this arc started but nobody actually write about it.. can you share with us here your thought about what so great about this arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    i've been hearing this so many times seen this arc started but nobody actually write about it.. can you share with us here your thought about what so great about this arc?
    maybe this picture can sum it up
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by sealtiel View Post
    maybe this picture can sum it up
    that picture didn't sum anything up.. it just show what fans likes.. nothing to do with what is good about this arc at all..

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    The first half of the chapter adds no new information. SS is being swapped for Quinzyland. That much was evident in the last chapter, as it took up the entire last third of it. So many pages of showing the exact same thing and people reacting to it in the exact same way is overkill.

Skip WHAT? Skip the padding, the scenery and the reaction shots that add nothing? Skip the anime-level filler? Yes please! And not to "get to the fights already". The prospect of the invasion restarting is still sudden, anticlimatic and terrible. But litterally anything else would have been more informative.

And "its the final battle lol" is the same excuse Kishi is using to extend his carcass of a series beyond all reasonable good pacing. The final battle isn't carte blanche to grind progression to a halt just so you can milk your product for every last penny.
    The way I see it, although there is a set standard for what manga is supposed to be like, but it doesn’t make it absolute. Each manga have its own unique setting, style, pacing, etc. Bleach as manga is slow paced and more about immersion than information. Kubo appearently leans towards artistic approach, in other words priority in bleach would be to portray how different characters acts under different circumstances, not to portray how different circumstances affects different characters. Not sure if you understand this concept, but in essence the way I see it Kubo never had a priority on informative part, but his priority is to portray characters.
    But that doesn’t make his manga bad. Bleach just have a different priorities compared with standard manga. It’s different, but it doesn’t make it bad.

I understand that you guys have informative part as priority and don’t care too much about “random character interactions” (I assume that you look at it like that, since you care more about informative part of manga), but I’d say that the purpose of that very informative part is to improve immersion, otherwise things that happens in manga doesn’t make sense and thereby break immersion and makes story look like bullshit. That’s why I think that you guys are wrong essentially, because by taking informative part as priority in such manga as Bleach is a wrong approach. It isn’t all that suprising that flaws can be found and that breaks immersion for you guys. However, there is the thing – no matter how you look at it, every manga involving supernatural phenomenons have their flaws in logic. In the end of the day, anything supernatural doesn’t make sense, therefore it’s more healthy and enjoyable to read those mangas by taking character interactions as priority, not the informative part of manga. I’m not sure if in storytelling informative part is underdog or character interactions are underdog, but there is no doubt that Kubo takes the informative part as underdog in Bleach.

If you wanna be fair judging Bleach, you shouldn’t just ignore its main content – character interactions, because that’s what this manga is about.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    It's seven and a half pages ... which is not the same as nine.
    I'm counting 8½ pages of no progression from last week. Yes, that includes the "color" page of Ichigo, since it adds absolutely nothing.
    Like I explained above, I think that Bleach have a different style from your “standard manga”, just like every manga is different in their own terms. Bleach is less about informative part and more about character interactions.

90% of Bleach has revolved around soul society, its not like these characters have been gone for years. And what merit does just seeing the characters have? They're not doing anything. They don't have character specific moments. Its just a bunch of different character designs having the same panicky reaction. Is just seeing them on panel somehow noteworthy? Plus, if you need a character reminder, Kubo made a cover page suitable for that.
    To be fair, you can’t comare Bleach with One Piece, because Kubo uses more realistic artstyle, while Oda uses very cartonish way of drawing. It’s way harder to draw different character impressions by using realistic style than by using the cartoonish style. In essence it’s already pretty challenging to draw even basic impressions when using realistic style, so it’s not all that suprising that Kubo is stuck with that. After all, the most important hurdle is to convey story and impressions correctly to reader, so Kubo can’t just start making questionable reactions whose could be misunderstood – in essence those very basic character reactions have their artistic value, you shouldn’t ignore that.

Back in the Marineford war, one of the most unanimously disliked chapters was 557, right after Luffy arrives. Why? Because its mostly just reaction panels of people going "Huh? Wha? Who? Its! It can't be! Whoah! Mugiwaraaaaa!" etc, and thats not interesting to read.
    For you. There is more to manga than just the informative part.

Quincyland appearing was about the single most plot progression Bleach had had in years. Why do you think it was the cliffhanger? But I guess its a fair point that Bleach isn't so bad when you view chapters in a vacuum, and don't consider how they mesh with preceding ones (like Kubo!)
    ? I didn’t understand.

What is easier to make: A chapter with 19 pages of exciting content and plot progression OR
    A chapter that just meanders around "for effect", with almost no progression.
    Kubo is treading water. He's conciously holding out on advancing the story. That, to me, is wasting time.
    Geez, nobody is perfect. Kubo is writing bleach in his own pace, style and methodics. How can you blame him for drawing his own manga in his own way?
    Last edited by pRopaaNS; September 4th, 2013 at 07:05 AM.

If you wanna be fair judging Bleach, you shouldn’t just ignore its main content – character interactions, because that’s what this manga is about.
    In other words, it's not a manga, but more to art gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by knceng View Post
    It is manga. Is it hard to accept that mangas can be different instead of having a single unbreakable standard which represents how all mangas are supposed to be like?

For men with beautifully-drawn hair.
    Last edited by Wagomu; September 4th, 2013 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Perfect Hair FOREVER

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

that picture didn't sum anything up.. it just show what fans likes.. nothing to do with what is good about this arc at all..
    bachngetsu, first kenpachi thing
    I think those are the example, why they like this arc

It is manga. Is it hard to accept that mangas can be different instead of having a single unbreakable standard which represents how all mangas are supposed to be like?
    can you give me an example which shounen manga with similarity like bleach?

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Hey Bleach is back what do you know. Nice to see Hitsugaya back.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

So, what happened to the training and the character development Hitsugaya was supposed to receive during the training?

Quote Originally Posted by sealtiel View Post
    bachngetsu, first kenpachi thing
    I think those are the example, why they like this arc
    i didn't asked what people like, i asked what's good about this arc.

can you give me an example which shounen manga with similarity like bleach?
    Bleach is Bleach. One Piece is One Piece. Shounen manga is just a generalized termin.

By that logic I can't find serious flaws in Bleach, because it's "not being fair" ?

Are we really going the "manga are beyond objective criticism, cause reasons !" road again :/

i didn't asked what people like, i asked what's good about this arc.
    the good thing about this arc is, this is the final arc

The way I see it, although there is a set standard for what manga is supposed to be like, but it doesn’t make it absolute. Each manga have its own unique setting, style, pacing, etc. Bleach as manga is slow paced and more about immersion than information. Kubo appearently leans towards artistic approach, in other words priority in bleach would be to portray how different characters acts under different circumstances, not to portray how different circumstances affects different characters. Not sure if you understand this concept, but in essence the way I see it Kubo never had a priority on informative part, but his priority is to portray characters.
    But that doesn’t make his manga bad. Bleach just have a different priorities compared with standard manga. It’s different, but it doesn’t make it bad.

I understand that you guys have informative part as priority and don’t care too much about “random character interactions” (I assume that you look at it like that, since you care more about informative part of manga), but I’d say that the purpose of that very informative part is to improve immersion, otherwise things that happens in manga doesn’t make sense and thereby break immersion and makes story look like bullshit. That’s why I think that you guys are wrong essentially, because by taking informative part as priority in such manga as Bleach is a wrong approach. It isn’t all that suprising that flaws can be found and that breaks immersion for you guys. However, there is the thing – no matter how you look at it, every manga involving supernatural phenomenons have their flaws in logic. In the end of the day, anything supernatural doesn’t make sense, therefore it’s more healthy and enjoyable to read those mangas by taking character interactions as priority, not the informative part of manga. I’m not sure if in storytelling informative part is underdog or character interactions are underdog, but there is no doubt that Kubo takes the informative part as underdog in Bleach.

Like I explained above, I think that Bleach have a different style from your “standard manga”, just like every manga is different in their own terms. Bleach is less about informative part and more about character interactions.

To be fair, you can’t comare Bleach with One Piece, because Kubo uses more realistic artstyle, while Oda uses very cartonish way of drawing. It’s way harder to draw different character impressions by using realistic style than by using the cartoonish style. In essence it’s already pretty challenging to draw even basic impressions when using realistic style, so it’s not all that suprising that Kubo is stuck with that. After all, the most important hurdle is to convey story and impressions correctly to reader, so Kubo can’t just start making questionable reactions whose could be misunderstood – in essence those very basic character reactions have their artistic value, you shouldn’t ignore that.

For you. There is more to manga than just the informative part.

? I didn’t understand.

Geez, nobody is perfect. Kubo is writing bleach in his own pace, style and methodics. How can you blame him for drawing his own manga in his own way?
    You realize you're somehow quoting a completely different poster then the one who actually wrote those posts ? O_O

By that logic I can't find serious flaws in Bleach, because it's "not being fair" ?

Are we really going the "manga are beyond objective criticism, cause reasons !" road again :/
    From my point of view "Objective criticism" is worthless if you spit on someones work without reason. In other words, in my opinion, if purpose of any kind of criticism is not to gain knowledge and improve at something then it's pretty much worthless. Well, but that's offtopic anyway.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

You realize you're somehow quoting a completely different poster then the one who actually wrote those posts ? O_O
    tnx, fixed.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knight King View Post
    So, what happened to the training and the character development Hitsugaya was supposed to receive during the training?
    All happened off panel
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Closed Thread

Thread Information