Closed Thread
Page 36 of 502 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

  1. #701

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    I don't understand you.
    No wonder bleach fans can understand only each other.

  2. #702
    Discovered Stowaway pRopaaNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Latvia

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Nearly half the chapter was spent showing us the cliffhanger that happened the chapter before, and the rest on people explaining that cliffhanger.

    How is this hard to understand ? :O
    So what is problem here? This is the final battle in SS with full of characters, so spending 9 pages for properly showing and explaining situation have no problems whatsoever according to my databook. Actually it's part which I enjoyed the most, because this concept of hiding is shadow of entire soul society is very interesting.
    Anyway, if you didn't notice, this is supposed to be "the final battle" between quincy army and gotei 13. Did you really wanna skip everything and go straigth to fighting?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by D Restlin View Post
    No wonder bleach fans can understand only each other.
    I think I started to discuss it due to bleach haters out here, not due to me being bleach fan... Interesting chapter, yet they like always have to scrap and bring up excuses to bash it.

  3. #703
    The Age of Smiles Devil G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Spain

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Mayuri is fa-bu-lous

  4. #704

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Wasting 9 pages of a 19 page chapter on rehashing a cliffhanger == shitty pacing and wasting time.
    It's seven and a half pages ... which is not the same as nine. And you seem to completely discount any aspect of those pages other than the fact that they go over the cliffhanger of the previous chapter. It was nice to see the science guys again, and going crazy. The many reaction faces remind you of the major players on Soul Society's side. And you seem to completely ignore the fact that the previous chapter was quite a long time ago. I didn't remember what actually happened at the end of that chapter other than 'the invasion was about to begin' ... Sure it's taking up a few more pages than it ought to but that's Bleach. The pacing isn't great but you are definitely ignoring or rejecting all that is good or justified about that opening segment.

    Also, 'wasting time' ... What ... ? This is something you read at your leisure. Like any book or comic. The author is never 'wasting time'.

  5. #705

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    So what is problem here? This is the final battle in SS with full of characters, so spending 9 pages for properly showing and explaining situation have no problems whatsoever according to my databook. Actually it's part which I enjoyed the most, because this concept of hiding is shadow of entire soul society is very interesting.
    Anyway, if you didn't notice, this is supposed to be "the final battle" between quincy army and gotei 13. Did you really wanna skip everything and go straigth to fighting?
    The problem is wasting time. Six weeks of waiting only to spend a whole chapter explaining exactly one thing.

    Mind you the pacing here isn't as bad as Bleach's pacing can get....but it's not good. Because this time could be spent on other things, so Kubo doesn't forget them again.

    Like Chad and Orihime, the main characters who'se fought his last named opponent in chapter 261.

    We are now on chapter 547.

    And before you say anything, I would like to bring everyone's attention to the fact that the Fullbring acr was stated by Kubo in an interview to be "Chad's arc". And then he forgot about him, and only had him completely buy into logically impossible BS from Tsukishima without question, attacking Ichigo for daring to hurt Tsukishima, even though that same person was moments before attacking Ichigo and seemingly going for the kill. And then he proceeds to not take note of the fact that Tsukishima just admitted he changed his past right in front of him.

    So no, wasting a whole chapter on what should have taken 5 pages at most is not a good idea, given Kubo's track record.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova122 View Post

    Also, 'wasting time' ... What ... ? This is something you read at your leisure. Like any book or comic. The author is never 'wasting time'.
    If the author wasn't known to forget his main characters, plot points, previous explanations etc. then him "wasting time" wouldn't be a bad thing, even if Kubo's pacing is terrible.

    Honestly are you guys telling me having a whole page containing the information that "there's a foot standing on something" and "closeup of a guy 's eye looking up" is anything else but lazy ?

  6. #706

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Wasn't Hitsugaya's bankai stolen? How is he using ice attacks?

  7. #707

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post

    I think I started to discuss it due to bleach haters out here, not due to me being bleach fan... Interesting chapter, yet they like always have to scrap and bring up excuses to bash it.
    That would make sense if I, or anyone else on Applied Logic, hated Bleach. Most of us are just dissapointed how much this series fell.

    Dissapointed at the plot points brought up never to be resolved (remember when we had Orihime stand firm in resolution to reverse to Hougyoukou and how nothing came of it ?)

    nonsensical plot twists (Aizen didn't realy care about Orihime, he just wanted to lure Kenpachi away, even though he had no idea of knowing Kenpachi would go after her, Aizen knowing how Gin would betray him for centuries and not doing anything about it even though it could have fucked up his whole plan at any point priot to acquiring the Hougyoukou etc.)

    and main characters being flat out ignored (remember the whole pillars thing in Fake Karakura ? Not only did the pillars never hinder Aizen's ability to get through in any way, but we also spent a year's worth of publication time giving full fights to random underlings of Hollows and peripheral captains and vice captains, while Chad and Orihime were left out completely. But hey, Orihime at least showed up at the end of the arc to not really even do anything so....progress ?)

    That's not even counting the many times Kubo said something would be important in interviews and databooks, only for him to completely forget it and never reffer to it again.

    And need I remind me we have, what, four different explanations for the origin of Chad and Orihime's powers ?

  8. #708

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    If the author wasn't known to forget his main characters, plot points, previous explanations etc. then him "wasting time" wouldn't be a bad thing, even if Kubo's pacing is terrible.

    Honestly are you guys telling me having a whole page containing the information that "there's a foot standing on something" and "closeup of a guy 's eye looking up" is anything else but lazy ?
    How. Can. Kubo. Waste. Time? I literally do not understand this concept.

    This post appears to imply that laziness = wasting time, which is even more perplexing.

  9. #709
    Discovered Stowaway pRopaaNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Latvia

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    The problem is wasting time. Six weeks of waiting only to spend a whole chapter explaining exactly one thing.

    Mind you the pacing here isn't as bad as Bleach's pacing can get....but it's not good. Because this time could be spent on other things, so Kubo doesn't forget them again.

    Like Chad and Orihime, the main characters who'se fought his last named opponent in chapter 261.
    What's with this hurry? Bleach have always been slow paced manga, how long are you guys going to complain over Bleach being slow? Is it that hard to accept it? Well, I don't know, since I'm not type to let such things to haunt me and ruin my own reading experience.

  10. #710
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt. GOATmore

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Worst part:

    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

  11. #711
    Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beleriand

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by shashank41 View Post
    Wasn't Hitsugaya's bankai stolen? How is he using ice attacks?
    shikai

    bleach is back!
    Well at least bleach is still enjoyably horrible. naruto is not.

  12. #712

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova122 View Post
    How. Can. Kubo. Waste. Time? I literally do not understand this concept.

    This post appears to imply that laziness = wasting time, which is even more perplexing.
    Simple.

    Kubo wastes time both in having nothing happen in a chapter, which results in a scene/fight/whatever taking ages to get through, and when he does this he eventually forgets stuff he set up in the same arc, or the one before it, or at least to include the other main characters in some way, because he's too preocupied with showing Omaeda's full fight to give Chad and Orihime anything to do.

    And wasting time equaling laziness ? Well, the way Kubo paces his chapters, he spends whole pages on closeups of eyes and mouths, and having a conversation that lasts about three sentences take up the whole page, having a full page with nothing drawn on it but settling dust etc. Basically most of the techniques Kubo uses to stall result in him having to draw significantly less then if the chapter would have normal pacing, not even counting his "artistic" choice of not drawing backgrounds, which Kubo himself reffered to, if memory serves me, as "illustrating air".

  13. #713
    Division Commander Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Limbo

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    So what is problem here? This is the final battle in SS with full of characters, so spending 9 pages for properly showing and explaining situation have no problems whatsoever according to my databook.
    The first half of the chapter adds no new information. SS is being swapped for Quinzyland. That much was evident in the last chapter, as it took up the entire last third of it. So many pages of showing the exact same thing and people reacting to it in the exact same way is overkill.

    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    Actually it's part which I enjoyed the most, because this concept of hiding is shadow of entire soul society is very interesting.
    Anyway, if you didn't notice, this is supposed to be "the final battle" between quincy army and gotei 13. Did you really wanna skip everything and go straigth to fighting?
    Skip WHAT? Skip the padding, the scenery and the reaction shots that add nothing? Skip the anime-level filler? Yes please! And not to "get to the fights already". The prospect of the invasion restarting is still sudden, anticlimatic and terrible. But litterally anything else would have been more informative.

    And "its the final battle lol" is the same excuse Kishi is using to extend his carcass of a series beyond all reasonable good pacing. The final battle isn't carte blanche to grind progression to a halt just so you can milk your product for every last penny.

    [QUOTE=Supernova122;3001858]It's seven and a half pages ... which is not the same as nine.
    I'm counting 8 pages of no progression from last week. Yes, that includes the "color" page of Ichigo, since it adds absolutely nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova122 View Post
    And you seem to completely discount any aspect of those pages other than the fact that they go over the cliffhanger of the previous chapter. It was nice to see the science guys again, and going crazy. The many reaction faces remind you of the major players on Soul Society's side.
    90% of Bleach has revolved around soul society, its not like these characters have been gone for years. And what merit does just seeing the characters have? They're not doing anything. They don't have character specific moments. Its just a bunch of different character designs having the same panicky reaction. Is just seeing them on panel somehow noteworthy? Plus, if you need a character reminder, Kubo made a cover page suitable for that.

    Back in the Marineford war, one of the most unanimously disliked chapters was 557, right after Luffy arrives. Why? Because its mostly just reaction panels of people going "Huh? Wha? Who? Its! It can't be! Whoah! Mugiwaraaaaa!" etc, and thats not interesting to read.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova122 View Post
    And you seem to completely ignore the fact that the previous chapter was quite a long time ago.
    Boohoo. Go read the first post-skip OP chapter and tell me how many pages are a recap of the last.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova122 View Post
    I didn't remember what actually happened at the end of that chapter other than 'the invasion was about to begin' ... Sure it's taking up a few more pages than it ought to but that's Bleach.
    Quincyland appearing was about the single most plot progression Bleach had had in years. Why do you think it was the cliffhanger? But I guess its a fair point that Bleach isn't so bad when you view chapters in a vacuum, and don't consider how they mesh with preceding ones (like Kubo!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova122 View Post
    Also, 'wasting time' ... What ... ? This is something you read at your leisure. Like any book or comic. The author is never 'wasting time'.
    What is easier to make: A chapter with 19 pages of exciting content and plot progression OR
    A chapter that just meanders around "for effect", with almost no progression.
    Kubo is treading water. He's conciously holding out on advancing the story. That, to me, is wasting time.

  14. #714
    Discovered Stowaway pRopaaNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Latvia

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Well, sorry, my mistake. I forgot that I had decided to not visit this topic. No point to ruin my own reading experience by reading those excuses to make bleach look like bad manga. I'm out.

  15. #715

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    Well, sorry, my mistake. I forgot that I had decided to not visit this topic. No point to ruin my own reading experience by reading those excuses to make bleach look like bad manga. I'm out.
    That seems a rather defeatist attitude.

    And you call points of criticism drawn from both things that previously happened in series, as well as from Kubo's own words, as "excuses" ?

  16. #716
    Discovered Stowaway pRopaaNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Latvia

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    That seems a rather defeatist attitude.

    And you call points of criticism drawn from both things that previously happened in series, as well as from Kubo's own words, as "excuses" ?
    Like I said, I don't understand you guys, because those points doesn't register as something that ruins reading experience for me.
    I decided to return, because I guess I already have read this chapter and so it doesn't really ruin anything for me like I said. Give me some time, I want to try toreasonate why are you disliking Bleach for such reasons.

  17. #717
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    F.O.

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    excuses to make bleach look like bad manga
    It's okay, Kubo makes his own manga look bad without our help.
    Last edited by Piitan; September 4th, 2013 at 04:43 AM.

  18. #718

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    Like I said, I don't understand you guys, because those points doesn't register as something that ruins reading experience for me.
    I decided to return, because I guess I already have read this chapter and so it doesn't really ruin anything for me like I said. Give me some time, I want to try toreasonate why are you disliking Bleach for such reasons.
    See the key point here is that it doesn't ruin it for you. Have you considered that different people experience these things differently? Just because YOU don't care doesn't mean we shouldn't, and just because we don't care doesn't mean you should. However, I don't get how anyone can call Bleach's pacing anything beyond abysmal. So little happened in this chapter, especially compared to what could happen. I believe Robby proved how much Bleach stretches things out by editing a chapter into a few pages without losing anything important whatsoever.

  19. #719

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    So what is problem here? This is the final battle in SS with full of characters, so spending 9 pages for properly showing and explaining situation have no problems whatsoever according to my databook. Actually it's part which I enjoyed the most, because this concept of hiding is shadow of entire soul society is very interesting.
    Anyway, if you didn't notice, this is supposed to be "the final battle" between quincy army and gotei 13. Did you really wanna skip everything and go straigth to fighting?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---


    I think I started to discuss it due to bleach haters out here, not due to me being bleach fan... Interesting chapter, yet they like always have to scrap and bring up excuses to bash it.
    He pretty much did go straight to fighting, lol.

  20. #720
    Discovered Stowaway pRopaaNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Latvia

    Default Re: Nardo and Blech IV: I'm actually starting to miss Bleach...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    See the key point here is that it doesn't ruin it for you. Have you considered that different people experience these things differently? Just because YOU don't care doesn't mean we shouldn't, and just because we don't care doesn't mean you should. However, I don't get how anyone can call Bleach's pacing anything beyond abysmal. So little happened in this chapter, especially compared to what could happen. I believe Robby proved how much Bleach stretches things out by editing a chapter into a few pages without losing anything important whatsoever.
    Yes, that's exactly my thoughts, but I don't really like people whose are unable to accept something different and set their standards too high for their own good.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts