Closed Thread
Page 339 of 502 FirstFirst ... 239 289 329 337 338 339 340 341 349 389 439 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,780 of 10030

Thread: Naruto and Bleach IV- Sexy time

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- They are both equally lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Wait what lol? I'm guessing you probably meant something else, but when you praise it for being original, and then say a part of it (even if it's very small), it just seems odd.
    Trivial though.
    Could also just be sarcasm.^^

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Wait what lol? I'm guessing you probably meant something else, but when you praise it for being original, and then say a part of it (even if it's very small), it just seems odd.
    Trivial though.
    Kubo took the basic idea from Yu Yu Hakusho and expanded on that idea thus making it his own original and unique concept . I simply haven't read a manga that uses this soul reaper concept this way.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Could also just be sarcasm.^^
    No sarcasm , i really did mean it .

I agree that SS was a great arc. And you know why? Rukia's capture and self-doubt = emotional investment

That plus mysterious new threats

Kubo probably should have curtailed the Gotei 13 to like the Gotei 4 though

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Gonna have to stop you there, buddy. Even in SS, there were a lot of things that were pretty wonky, but were forgivable with the promise of more. But especially considering those grievances, it definitely wouldn't stack up as one of the best anythings.

Depends on how far back you consider it the "beginning." If we're talking anything past, let's say, midway through the sasuke retrieval arc where everything begins its descent into madness, sure. But before then? It kept to its themes and actually for the most part showed a lot of potential and enjoyability. Outcast loser making a name for himself with hard work and determination without any assistance from his heritage/lineage/prophecies? While perhaps any single arc didn't have as many cool things or I guess exciting things like Bleach's soul society arc, the arcs in the beginning were consistent, and they actually demonstrated a purpose, meaning, and a message behind them before it descends into an overly idealistic and masochistic orange wearing kid trying to show his sadistic and abusive best friend that there's more meaning to life than being all grumpy and hanging out with weirdos.

With Naruto, I feel much more inclined to say that the series in the beginning had an actual message, and the narrative, while perhaps not outstanding, definitely is clear as to its intent. With Bleach, I can honestly say I remember the beginning stuff being "cool" but I do have a hard time recalling what exactly the point a lot of the narrative served other than stringing together a bunch of fights, and the resolution was particularly horrendous in trying to make Byakuya look sympathetic. Still, the arc itself was more or less a fun ride, and I can see why people would say "as long as you ignore some flaws about it then it's pretty fun," because SS is definitely an arc where I'd use that phrase.
    Actually i completely agree . Soul Society arc did have your typical "Kubo" stuff and it had it's fair share of flaws but it is the only arc where Kubo actually decided to add some depth to the main cast which caused genuine emotional investment .It also did a good job at exploring some of Soul Society and how zanpakuto and it's master's relationship work . The build up from the beginning to that arc was done fairly well and there was sense of danger without having to constantly rely on big explosions and the fights were actually pretty good ( except for Ichigo vs Byakuya since that is the time where Bleach broken power level started to emerge ) . Hell even Aizen appeared to be interesting at that time .

Naruto has a plot however it doesn't do any good when the author decides to later trash everything from it thus making the early arc's of Naruto pointless since they are gonna mean nothing for the future arc's . Naruto and his speech to Neji about how Naruto will become Hokage and that's not his destiny only to have it revealed that he is in fact the son of a hokage and is really destined to become a hokage . This is a great example of showing Kishi pretty much trashing his own logic and how majority of beginning Naruto stuff is pointless . I agree that Naruto had message but that doesn't really matter since the author goes and does exactly opposite of what the message was .

Bleach doesn't have a plot and individual arc's has it's own goals however this is one of the biggest strength of Soul society arc since it is able to stand on it's own and no matter how bad the future arc's maybe , it still wouldn't affect Soul Society arc since they are two different arc's with different goal and they are not tie in together with anything .

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    I agree that SS was a great arc. And you know why? Rukia's capture and self-doubt = emotional investment

For the life of me I can't recall why Rukia had such self-doubt during the SS arc, and I actually needed to look up why she was going to be executed (turns out it was the shinigami power transfer to Ichigo), but I guess even then now I have some trouble connecting the dots as to why she basically wanted to get off'd. Something about Kaien I'm sure, but eh.

But yeah it was a time when Kubo was actively trying to figure out how to induce plot mystery instead of resorting to things like "when did you assume that I didn't use Kyoka Suigetsu?" or "Your dad's actually a shinigami" or "I love you, Ichigo."

Quote Originally Posted by ZoroFTW9 View Post
    Actually i completely agree . Soul Society arc did have your typical "Kubo" stuff and it had it's fair share of flaws but it is the only arc where Kubo actually decided to add some depth to the main cast which caused genuine emotional investment .It also did a good job at exploring some of Soul Society and how zanpakuto and it's master's relationship work . The build up from the beginning to that arc was done fairly well and there was sense of danger without having to constantly rely on big explosions and the fights were actually pretty good ( except for Ichigo vs Byakuya since that is the time where Bleach broken power level started to emerge ) . Hell even Aizen appeared to be interesting at that time .

Naruto has a plot however it doesn't do any good when the author decides to later trash everything from it thus making the early arc's of Naruto pointless since they are gonna mean nothing for the future arc's . Naruto and his speech to Neji about how Naruto will become Hokage and that's not his destiny only to have it revealed that he is in fact the son of a hokage and is really destined to become a hokage . This is a great example of showing Kishi pretty much trashing his own logic and how majority of beginning Naruto stuff is pointless . I agree that Naruto had message but that doesn't really matter since the author goes and does exactly opposite of what the message was .

Bleach doesn't have a plot and individual arc's has it's own goals however this is one of the biggest strength of Soul society arc since it is able to stand on it's own and no matter how bad the future arc's maybe , it still wouldn't affect Soul Society arc since they are two different arc's with different goal and they are not tie in together with anything .
    Well yeah, now Naruto's message is completely wasted, but I think that just looking at the arcs from a standalone view, they were pretty excellent on their own. That's where the potential was built and that's why the arcs later on are such a disappointment, else we get just regular disappointment like, say, Fairy TAil.

SS did build up a bit of potential though. Kubo being only experienced with Zombie Powder otherwise beforehand could chalk up a lot of those mistakes in SS as rookie mistakes, just like how East Blue isn't too engaging as a whole compared to later arcs for Oda. A nice set of mysteries, some characters get a few goals, and the big problem was that Kubo basically placed a cap on the main characters' skills by giving them a "final release," the bankai, and not knowing what to do to deal with a power creep because he doesn't know how to do ability fights like HxH or JoJo. It's a very flawed arc but besides the powers you at least had the premise that there was more left to the world to deal with and explore with different characters, and basically all other arcs following fail to live up to the hype.

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Pfft....what is with this lol? I love how Kakashi looks like he doesn't give a fuck.
    I like how Shikamaru is there for no reason. he's never part of team 7. never struck me as particularly popular either. plus, THIS is what Shikamaru's seiyuu sounds like:

Quote Originally Posted by piratemarimo View Post
    I like how Shikamaru is there for no reason. he's never part of team 7. never struck me as particularly popular either. plus, THIS is what Shikamaru's seiyuu sounds like:
    He's also Bartolomeo, isn't he?

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    He's also Bartolomeo, isn't he?
    I am very limited in my knowledge of Japanese voice actors, but the wikipedia page checks out. He's also Tensa Zangetsu from Bleach. this is rather amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post

Maybe scratch the assassination division.

Cause that don't look too good no matter what way you cut it.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Yamamoto, Chapter 393
    "Dying to exterminate great evil. Know that this is the spirit of the Gotei 13."
    That is only part of that motto. The other half is

"Unless I can't be arsed to."

Edit:

So....SS has it's own magazine.

Huh.

For the life of me I can't recall why Rukia had such self-doubt during the SS arc, and I actually needed to look up why she was going to be executed (turns out it was the shinigami power transfer to Ichigo), but I guess even then now I have some trouble connecting the dots as to why she basically wanted to get off'd. Something about Kaien I'm sure, but eh.

But yeah it was a time when Kubo was actively trying to figure out how to induce plot mystery instead of resorting to things like "when did you assume that I didn't use Kyoka Suigetsu?" or "Your dad's actually a shinigami" or "I love you, Ichigo."
    Or my favourite:

"So, you thought Espada were from 1-10..."

Well yeah, now Naruto's message is completely wasted, but I think that just looking at the arcs from a standalone view, they were pretty excellent on their own. That's where the potential was built and that's why the arcs later on are such a disappointment, else we get just regular disappointment like, say, Fairy TAil.

SS did build up a bit of potential though. Kubo being only experienced with Zombie Powder otherwise beforehand could chalk up a lot of those mistakes in SS as rookie mistakes, just like how East Blue isn't too engaging as a whole compared to later arcs for Oda. A nice set of mysteries, some characters get a few goals, and the big problem was that Kubo basically placed a cap on the main characters' skills by giving them a "final release," the bankai, and not knowing what to do to deal with a power creep because he doesn't know how to do ability fights like HxH or JoJo. It's a very flawed arc but besides the powers you at least had the premise that there was more left to the world to deal with and explore with different characters, and basically all other arcs following fail to live up to the hype.
    Kubo doesn't seem to know what to do with his fights unless he dumbs characters down to create openings. There are couple dozens of examples, everyone knows what I'm talking about.

There aren't enough even fights. Ichigo vs Grimmjaw was good, Kenpachi vs Nnoitra too. The exchange between Urahara, Ishin, Yoruichi and Aizen was also good, but Aizen was derping around too much.

Default Re: Naruto and Bleach IV- Happy Togashi Day!

It's Togashi day, does that mean we say we're going to do something but then spend 3+ years not doing it and play video games instead while idiots defend us blindly?

What does Togashi Day have to do with Naruto and Bleach?

So it's that time of the year already? Happy Togashi Day everyone

I stumbled on to this on Youtube. My room already looks like that and the part with the fridge was funny.

Happy Togashi Day, everyone. :>
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    What does Togashi Day have to do with Naruto and Bleach?
    Aren't their authors competing to be the number one fan? (HxH and YYH 2.0 gone wrong)

Happy Togashi Day! By the way glad his wife is also getting a remake.

Every day for 3 years is Happy Togashi Day.
    Everything's Eventual...

Now that his Sailor Moon wife is going to start pulling in even more oil tankers full of money, Togashi can continue to put off being the primary breadwinner. Or being a breadwinner of any kind.

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

A series that has been on hiatus for two years straight is still more interesting than naurto and bleach combined.

Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post
    A series that has been on hiatus for two years straight is still more interesting than naurto and bleach combined.
    The first few hundred chapters of Naruto is interesting....The Time-skip fucked it over big time.

And bleach... I just read it to hopefully see some really awesome shikai/bankai. Nothing else really.

Happy Togashi Day!
    3DS Friendcode: 2921-9337-3545

Closed Thread

Thread Information